It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Married at the Grand Masonic Lodge.....and more

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
My grandpa was a Mason.... I didn't know much about it but my mom was in Jobs daughters and when I was a teenager my mom got me involved in JOBS daughters also. I did it for awhile but it was to pure for me. It was highly christian oriented and all the girls were virgins that had never even kissed a guy before! I didn't really fit the mold. My husband is really into the Masons because alot of influential people have been Masons. We got married on Jan 29 2011. yep our anniversary is coming soon
. We looked around for places to get married and I worked with a guy who's daughter worked for a wedding planning company at the Scotish rite cathedral. we were originally wanting to get married there but it was booked for the day that we wanted to get married. The same people were, for the first time, renting out the Grand Masonic lodge for weddings so we decided to get married there. It was breathtaking! They set up a room for the women to get ready and the guys had like a cool bachleor type area with a pool table and all. We also had the reception there. we didn't even need decorations because the place was just so beuatiful as it was! We were the first people to ever get married threre. I feel like that was all just meant to be in a way. I would still like us to get involved with the masons one day. we'll see....
edit on 11/28/2011 by Ashes1221 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Ashes1221

Good for you guys, what Masonic Center was this? It's always interesting to see the different architecture from different regions / countries.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
It was Indianapolis ( down town) you can look it up online www.indytemple.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.indytemple.org...
We were married in the main foyer in front of the staircase ... we actually walked down the stairs.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

That is very nice to hear and congratulations,nice location for a wedding and it leaves a story that is ATS worthy.

But you said your husband was very interested because of the influential people and that you would be very interested in being involved.What is your expectance of it?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

That is cool to hear. I had a Brother marry someone and he wrote as the officiator "Worshipful Master" and good God, the scandal that caused. Someone tried to charge him with conduct unbecoming...didn't work.

I've pondered using the Masonic Temple, but I'd prefer an outside wedding myself.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ashes1221
...all the girls were virgins that had never even kissed a guy before!

Have them give network dude a call, he was inexperienced with boys himself once.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Congratulations, I bet it was beautiful!

My wife and I got married at the Shrine Temple, but not actually in the Temple, just in the rental hall. It was still nice, and affordable.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

...all the girls were virgins that had never even kissed a guy before!

Have them give network dude a call, he was inexperienced with boys himself once.

Still very much am.

Am I to assume you have some experience? (don't ask, don't tell)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rafe_

That is very nice to hear and congratulations,nice location for a wedding and it leaves a story that is ATS worthy.

But you said your husband was very interested because of the influential people and that you would be very interested in being involved.What is your expectance of it?

It's just and idea he thinks would be cool.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I mean no offence, but this cracked me up:

all the girls were virgins that had never even kissed a guy before! I didn't really fit the mold.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Probably not the most compelling reason for him to join as I suspect that if he doesn't have a certain amount of introspection in his character, the experience might be wasted on him.

The primary focus of Freemasonry is to take good men and make them better; better to society in general, better to their families and better to themselves. If this seems the path that your husband is interested in taking, lodges everywhere are (to varying degrees) online; some with just a basic homepage with contact info, others with Facebook pages and Twitter feeds and usually including mention of their meeting days/times. Contacting a particular Lodge is usually quite easy and he needn't know anyone who's a Mason to apply.

HTH

Fitz

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon

Probably not the most compelling reason for him to join as I suspect that if he doesn't have a certain amount of introspection in his character, the experience might be wasted on him.

The primary focus of Freemasonry is to take good men and make them better; better to society in general, better to their families and better to themselves. If this seems the path that your husband is interested in taking, lodges everywhere are (to varying degrees) online; some with just a basic homepage with contact info, others with Facebook pages and Twitter feeds and usually including mention of their meeting days/times. Contacting a particular Lodge is usually quite easy and he needn't know anyone who's a Mason to apply.

HTH

Fitz

Thanks for the info. what I meant about it just being an idea is that it's just somthing we've talked about a few times. He is into history and the founding fathers of this country and alot of them were masons, so he thinks its pretty cool, as do I. I don't know if we will actually persue anything though.

new topics

top topics

join