It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's next in the war on terrorism?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 08:10 AM
link   
A new primary poll for the fine members of ATS.

In the war on terrorism, not considered World War IV by many, who do you believe is next in line for the Bush War Machine?

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 08:29 AM
link   
You know I really don`t want him to do it but I think it may be Syria. The political language seems a bit confused over this, so it may turn out that they don`t but in the long run I think anyones fair game as shrub sees it.

One thing I don`t think he will have is as strong a coallition if he does.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 08:40 AM
link   
"And the people of my country will remember those who have plotted against us. We are learning their names. We are coming to know their faces. There is no corner of the Earth distant or dark enough to protect them. However long it takes, their hour of justice will come."

www.whitehouse.gov...

And we will pursue nations that provide aid or safe haven to terrorism. Every nation, in every region, now has a decision to make. Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists. (Applause.) From this day forward, any nation that continues to harbor or support terrorism will be regarded by the United States as a hostile regime.

www.usconsulate.org.hk...

Bush said it himself, any nation that harbors or willingly coinsides with terrorist forces will be targeted. Unfortunetly he wont be around long enough, unless he keeps us in perpetuall war.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I think Bush has got 2 out of the 4 he wants so its either Iran or Syria. I think probably Iran because they haven't been in the news as much.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 08:52 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by William
who do you believe is next in line for the Bush War Machine?

It's pretty easy. Those who are against The Bush War Machine.

dom

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 11:23 AM
link   
"From this day forward, any nation that continues to harbor or support terrorism will be regarded by the United States as a hostile regime. "

This statement is the path to madness and schizophrenia.

Will the CIA be attacked by the state department? I doubt it, but it proves that Bush's statement is closely related to idiocy.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 11:45 AM
link   
No need to be redundant...

Bush Statement = Idiocy

I was all for Iraq being handled (even as poorly as Bush handled it), but International Opinion of the US is already in the crapper...no need to flush it completely...

If it happens though, Syria looks next, and therein lies the spark for WWIII... Not because Syria will be difficult to take (it won't), but because Syria will likely get Isreal involved, and in a nuclear way (as a response to chemical weapons on Isrealis).... Bad Idea....

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I would have suggested N.Korea but since they are trotting out the human rights abuses of Syria...I suspect it will be Syria. There's no stoppin them now. They are pumped up and ready to go cause Iraq is semi-complete. NEXT!!!

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 05:04 PM
link   
they've already cut the iraq/syria oil pipeline. what's next? ummm, i think soon syria will 'do' something and we'll retaliate with war. if not, it's going to be a specops induced coup d'etat by the people. however id oubt that, the cold war era of using the spies with the people to topple a regime is past, and now war rules.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I also believe we are going to have some problems, with Syria. If Saddam is still alive........ he's in Syria.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 10:44 PM
link   
thats if he is alive, maybe its luck but the coalition took baghdad so easily maybe saddam did end up being killed, who knows. Someone knows out there.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 11:39 PM
link   
From previous post:
"It's pretty easy. Those who are against The Bush War Machine".

So we're gonna take out France? Cool!!! I may re-enlist for that one!! I'd love to take the frenchies down a notch in snotty attitude category!!

Look out Germany, third times the charm mien hier!!

"I do declare... its a free for all!"
the last great American Ted Nugent

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 12:13 AM
link   
It's Syria for sure but is their Army stronger than Iraq's former army?

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 01:45 AM
link   

[Edited on 16-4-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I don't think you're going to see anymore military action for a while.

Personally, I'd like to see Syria get a mudhole stomped into its butt and then walked dry as they have been a terrorist-sponsoring state for years, but I don't think its going to happen - not for a while, anyway.

AF1

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by USMC Harrier
From previous post:
"It's pretty easy. Those who are against The Bush War Machine".

So we're gonna take out France? Cool!!! I may re-enlist for that one!! I'd love to take the frenchies down a notch in snotty attitude category!!

Look out Germany, third times the charm mien hier!!

"I do declare... its a free for all!"
the last great American Ted Nugent

I'm all with you on France and Germany man.

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Syria, member in good standing of the U.N. Security Council, is nose-deep in terrorism. Hezbollah, the terrorists who killed 241 Americans in the 1983 Beirut barracks bombing, are a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Ba'athist Syrian government. These falsely-labeled "Saddam loyalists" are thousands of imported terrorists fighting to prevent Iraq from becoming free and democratic. Hundreds of them, or more, are Syrians. Many more are armed with Syrian-provided weapons. And among them are many Hezbollah members.

Israeli intelligence said early last week that many of the missing top-ranking Saddamites have fled to Syria, taking the millions they stole to Syrian banks.

It's very possible that some of Saddam's WMD are in Syria, and more than possible that many of the WMD scientists and engineers are as well.

Commentary Link

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Why doesn't this surprise me?

Six key pro-Western Gulf Arab states have called on the United States to stop threatening Syria in the wake of the war in Iraq.

BBC Link

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Well, George W Bush is on his crusade, the 4th Crusade, so he will stick with the Arab countries for a while. So I think that Syria is next then may be Iran, but when he has started on Syria Turkey will start to put the boot in and start to move in on North Iraq, so may be Turkey before Iran.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join