It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia Mom Arrested for Allowing 10-Year-Old to Get Tattoo

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
With a parent's consent you can...

..poke holes in a kid, most commonly this is done to the ears. But I doubt there are any restrictions on body piercings for kids.

..inject a child with a neurotoxic protein (Botox).

..attach painful metal braces to their teeth, essentially the same technology as foot binding - but for your mouth.

..cut off part of a child's penis.

But letting them get a tattoo is going TOO FAR

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Well in florida a Minor is allowed to be tatood with the written consent of the parent. There is no mention of an age limit at all in the statute. She should cross the State border, fill him up with ink and come back as the Georgia law only applies to ink jobs performed in that state.

I think anyone that agrees this mother is in the wrong should all just go get themselves chipped by the government now as they already believe liberty and free will should be regulated.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
So instead of going after real problems georgia police have nothing better to do then go after children with tatoos? Are they on crack? Sad times.
edit on 20-1-2012 by LonelyGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

So your telling me that all my friend's parents that allowed their 16-17 year old boys should be arrested...

Damn Alaska!, better build at least 12 more jails. I'm in Construction.. could use the work ma'm, want their names.

yes, a bit sarcastic, but being honest.. I could use a tattoo bout now. And yes she as the parent has that right, its her child, the boy was not govt issued!

much love
edit on 20-1-2012 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DYepes

Bs just because I believe she's in the wrong doesn't mean I should have the government chip me. Deny Ignornace Please.

I Believe she made a bad decision and it's sad that the government has to make laws to prevent others from doing the same...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
No forget that you think its ok to have her arrested for that so yes go have yourself chipped while you kiss your masters feet.

Humans have gotten to soft on this side of the world. There should be no restrsiction on body art and its visibility in society for any reason other than an obscene image or language *(not as in obscenenity should be prohibited, but simply if we were too regulate the public display of tattoo for the sake of an empyoler or school, thhat it be limited to only covering up obscene art im all for obscenity so long as it is not marketed or exposed to the youngsters, of which this incident is in no way related to obscenity). I wish I could cover my own face in tribals and stuff but then everyone would judge me and refuse me employment in a respectable career field.

All should grow up and accept freedom of expression.
edit on 1/20/2012 by DYepes because: clarifying my position on obscene art

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
This is absolutely ridiculous. I, have tattoos, one of them is a cartoon character, that I do not regret getting. ( it's been about 6 years ago, yes I was 15) without my parents consent. While it was foolish, it was my decision and no one had as a right to tell me what to do with my body. If this child wanted to remember his brother with a smallish tattoo, and HIS MOTHER, you know, the one who gave birth to him, raised him, feed him, loved him, allowed this, then so be it. The government steps in because THEY CAN. While rapist are loose, serial killers roam and child molesters are creeping, they have nothing better to do than jail a mother who violated the law. Are parenting classes too much to ask? People have no right to tell a child how to cope with a loss of a sibling.
What next? Am I going to get locked up for piercing my daughters ears when she was a year old? If I decide to circumsize my future son, am I going to get stoned to death? Seriously this society is going downhill fast. I could see if the child got a gang tattoo or something stupid that had no meaning whatsoever, but hey this mother just got one of her children taken away, let's just take the other one from her and problem solved.

And ps this is AMERICA not another country, in reference to a poster who keeps bring up "well in other countries, blah blah" no man. That doesn't work here. We have liberties to choose what we believe is right for our children as parents, not depending on some fictional god who will tell us to kill the mother for an absurd reason.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by celimonster
This is absolutely ridiculous. I, have tattoos, one of them is a cartoon character, that I do not regret getting. ( it's been about 6 years ago, yes I was 15) without my parents consent. While it was foolish, it was my decision and no one had as a right to tell me what to do with my body. If this child wanted to remember his brother with a smallish tattoo, and HIS MOTHER, you know, the one who gave birth to him, raised him, feed him, loved him, allowed this, then so be it. The government steps in because THEY CAN. While rapist are loose, serial killers roam and child molesters are creeping, they have nothing better to do than jail a mother who violated the law. Are parenting classes too much to ask? People have no right to tell a child how to cope with a loss of a sibling.
What next? Am I going to get locked up for piercing my daughters ears when she was a year old? If I decide to circumsize my future son, am I going to get stoned to death? Seriously this society is going downhill fast. I could see if the child got a gang tattoo or something stupid that had no meaning whatsoever, but hey this mother just got one of her children taken away, let's just take the other one from her and problem solved.

And ps this is AMERICA not another country, in reference to a poster who keeps bring up "well in other countries, blah blah" no man. That doesn't work here. We have liberties to choose what we believe is right for our children as parents, not depending on some fictional god who will tell us to kill the mother for an absurd reason. [/quo
correct.............uk also

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

edit on 1/20/2012 by DYepes because: off topic bs my bad

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

What fine line? There is common laws built on thou shalt not harm, ie. built upon not killing, raping, murdering, stealing. But the rest are very very questionable. Obviously comparing a tatoo on the forhead to this doesnt compute. Thats like saying its legal to feed your kids good food. But if you only fed them lots of carrots they'd soon die eh. There is common sense built in. And no, I do not stand under government, the pope, royalty or any fascist power to write up laws and even if 90% are foolish enough and criminal enough to try and take my soveriegn rights from me, I won't stand under them either. Its illegal to be fascist. Most of our laws are illegal.

Don't bleep, grab a bullhorn. If anyone every comes within any distance of mine, I'll be rigth their faces telling them that I dont stand under their fascism.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Mother or not, it is against the law to let ANYONE under the age of 18 get a tattoo, whether or not they have parental consent in Georgia.
She broke the law, she got arrested.
It's as simple as that. Doesn't matter if the "government is taking away her parental rights" or any other bull I've been reading in this thread.
She broke the law, she's paying the price.
edit on 20/1/2012 by Believer101 because: Had more thoughts to add.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
WT...F !
I do not believe how silly stupid america IS.
they don't make good laws
just silly stupid laws.

Next No one can have Tat's
or anything that May harm them.

Your are All in a Insane Asylum.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Maybe you should read my other posts in this thread.......

I gave pros and cons.....

Since we dont have a fascist society,Im gonna let my 10 year old,pick me up a six pack,and a pack of smokes.....

He can sip a beer as he drives,cause I SAID SO.(damn the laws)

BTW,the kid knows what he wanted,hes got his tattoo.
Mom Also.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Well I can see why they arrested her. It is a bit harsh though. At the very least though allowing your ten your old to get a tattoo, even sentimental, is in my opinion bad parenting. That will be there for life, and a ten year old doesn't have the brain capacity to make that kind of a decision.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyTHSeed
With a parent's consent you can...

..poke holes in a kid, most commonly this is done to the ears. But I doubt there are any restrictions on body piercings for kids.

..inject a child with a neurotoxic protein (Botox).

..attach painful metal braces to their teeth, essentially the same technology as foot binding - but for your mouth.

..cut off part of a child's penis.

But letting them get a tattoo is going TOO FAR

I will say that it is rediculous to give your child botox!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Just because a child wants to do something doesn't mean their parent should let them but I don't agree with her being arrested. She should have been given court-ordered community service or mandatory parenting classes. Having her in jail will not help either her son or herself.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I wonder if Mom had allowed the son to brand or scar himself rather than get the ink would the law have come for her? WA set precedence by acquitting the Dad who branded his underage kids, but of course state to state laws would differ... Just musing, really a bit off topic, I guess.

edit on 20-1-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Yes I think whether at ten or 70 years old, this boy will not in one bit regret putting a memorial to his slain brother on his arm for life, if nothing more than a reminder that drinking and driving can kill. If you consider that bad parenting, dont ever let your children listen to the radio unless it is a Christian or gospel station. Especially if you have a daughter. Radio is full of slut music. Like sure we can let all our daughters listen to katy perry and kanye sing about being probed and being filled inside with posion, but a young boy should not be allowed to bear a reminder of the dangers of alcohol and the love of his brother on his arm with his mothers consent.

Illogical.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Since Georgia has a specific law regarding the tattoo, I don't think any other state precedence would matter, but if Georgia doesn't have a specific law regarding branding, then it would fall under the more general child endangerment laws, and those can swing which ever way the wind blows. He could anything from nothing, to life in prison!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
reply to post by Destinyone

She is the Mother...He is the Son. Their choice...NOT the governments.

well..yes and no.. we have laws for a reason..

If you believe the above than that mother could teach her child how to drive, and say it is perfectly ok for her child to do so..because she said it was ok. It's her child..afterall.

Thank god the state does put down a few guidelines..because who knows what would happen if there weren't some laws in place.

He could always get a leather bracelet with his brothers name engraved in it and tie it around his wrist and NEVER take it off.

!0 years old is too young to being having a tattoo.. and that was not some small tattoo.

Following that logic... it would be ok to beat your children, sexually abuse your children, starve your children....etc. I think you see where i'm going with this! The government and the laws in place are there to protect people, including inocent children who definitely didn't choose their parents. complete freedom would be anarchy!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join