It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia Mom Arrested for Allowing 10-Year-Old to Get Tattoo

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+47 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Georgia Mom Arrested for Allowing 10-Year-Old to Get Tattoo

A Georgia mother who was arrested for allowing her 10-year-old to get a tattoo said she had no idea it was illegal for him to get one, even with her consent.

WHAT! And she's arrested for this? You've GOT to be kidding me! That's insane!

Parents are FORCED to capitulate to everything evil the government wants to do to THEIR CHILDREN even to the point of inoculating little boys for uterine cancer when they don't even have a uterus! But a Mother who lovingly and thoughtfully and with peace and pride in her heat allows her own son to get a tattoo of his DEAD brother's on his arm and she's arrested?

That is so wrong on so many levels it's just unbelievable!

When Chuntera Napier’s son Gaquan Napier asked her if he could get a memorial tattoo for his 12-year-old brother Malik who died after being hit by a car, Napier was touched by the request.

“My son came to me and said, ‘Mom, I want to get a tattoo with Malik on it, rest in peace,’” she told ABC News’ Atlanta affiliate WSBTV. “It made me feel good to know that he wanted his brother on him.”

When Gaquan Napier was asked why he wanted the tattoo, he said, “Because it represents my brother.”

And NO ONE has the right to say NO! NO ONE!

“What do I say to a child who wants to remember his brother? It’s not like he was asking me, ‘Can I get Sponge Bob?” Napier said. “He asked me [for] something that’s in remembrance of his brother. How can I say no?”

You don’t have to. You’re the parent. It’s your choice. Your child does NOT belong to the goverment! GOOD ON YOU!!!

Gaquan got a tattoo on his right arm of his brother’s name and his former basketball jersey number. Napier also has memorial tattoos for her son on her right arm.

That’s absolutely lovely! Just lovely!

When someone at his school noticed the tattoo and contacted authorities, Napier was arrested on Tuesday and charged with misdemeanor cruelty and being a party to a crime, according to WSBTV. Napier bonded out of jail on Wednesday but is shocked that her consent was not enough for her son to get a tattoo.

Cruelty? Are these people INSANE!!! One brother is dead in a car accident and they’re going to arrest her? Oh man yeah I’m pissed.

“I always thought that if a parent gave consent, then it was fine,” she said. “How can somebody else say that it’s not okay? He’s my child, and I have the right to say what I want for my child. I can’t go tell anybody else what I want for their child.”

RIGHT ON!!!

A Georgia law from 2010 states, “It shall be unlawful for any person to tattoo the body of any person under the age of 18, except a physician or osteopath.”

So if you feel you must go after someone? Go after the tattoo artists and leave the mother who’s just lost a son ALONE!

Police say that Napier has refused to cooperate in naming the tattoo artist who could also be prosecuted for violating the law.

So she’s got guts and right on her side and she’s got integrity! I like her even more!!!

Acworth Chief of Police Michael Wilkie told ABCNews.com in an emailed statement that the tattoo appeared “to be the work of an amateur” and said one police theory is that when Napier took the child to get a memorial tattoo similar to her own, she discovered it was illegal and took him somewhere where it could be done “illegally like a ‘jail house’ tattoo.”

Leave it up to a pig to insinuate a 'jail house' tattoo.

“Unfortunately, the mother has elected not to cooperate with the police any further in this investigation,” Wilkie said. “The tragedy of this is that the child’s tattoos are some sort of memorial to a sibling who was lost in a car accident a few years ago.

How is that a tragedy you stinky piece a...

I understand from the investigators that there are several memorial to the deceased child in the apartment where they live. It may be that professional or religious counseling for their/her grief would be more helpful than anything.”

Who are you to say what would be more 'helpful' you sanctimonious oinker! I repeat GOOD ON MOM for allowing it.

Yeah, this is just so wrong on so many levels I can’t even see straight at the moment.

Only in Amerika.

Edit to Add:

This little boy was there at the accident that claimed the life of his older brother who was killed by a teenage drunk driver. If this tattoo helped to give this boy peace? Leave him and his mother ALONE!

peace

edit on 20-1-2012 by silo13 because: see above

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Beautiful! Just beautiful!

And those 'people' at school who 'saw the tat' and 'called the local authorities'?

You make me sick!

peace
edit on 20-1-2012 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I absolutely wholeheartedly agree with the OP on this one. Its not like the kid went and got a gang tag or a flaming skull stuck on his arm, and even if he did he had the full consent of his parents to do so it is NONE OF BIG BROTHERS BUSINESS! Period. End of discussion!

God that makes me mad....I need a smoke now. Thanks for the find OP, nothing like a little zap in the rear from central control to get my blood pumping.
edit on 20-1-2012 by clowdstalker because: (no reason given)

+50 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Not only was I shocked, but I was speechless!

What shocked me even more was your post! I can't believe that you have a problem with the arrest of a mother who allowed a TEN YEAR OLD CHILD to be permanently tattooed.

Please tell me, someone, that I'm not the only one here that has a problem with this!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I agree with you Silo, this is outrageous. A parent should have the final say in raising their own child, not the government.

I had a thread a long while back, and it was a gang tattoo, which is a much different situation, but even then we have to decide if we'll support liberty or fascism. I didn't like the idea of getting a 7 year old a gang tattoo, but I like the idea of government interfering even less! Because, once we let government interfere in one well-meaning case, we allow the door to open for interfering in other, more ridiculous cases!

Child's Tattoo: Disfigurment, or just Poor Parenting?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Georgia: "Prohibits the tattooing of anyone under age 18 by anyone other than a licensed osteopath or technician acting under the direct supervision of a licensed physician or osteopath." Source: en.wikipedia.org...

So...her son can get the tattoo...she just went about it the wrong way.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I agree with the law on this one. We don't need kids running around with tattoos.
edit on 1-20-2012 by groingrinder because: Edited for new data.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

No, that clarification is for health concerns, not for typical tattoos. It wouldn't have mattered if an MD or Osteo was there supervising the tattoo, that would only have gotten the doctor in trouble as well. Supposedly there are some conditions which would warrant a tattoo, maybe a long term radiation treatment or something. It doesn't apply to this case.

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Submarines

What shocked me even more was your post! I can't believe that you have a problem with the arrest of a mother who allowed a TEN YEAR OLD CHILD to be permanently tattooed.

Please tell me, someone, that I'm not the only one here that has a problem with this!

I have no problem with it. It is for a very good purpose. His brother DIED. That is not something he will ever regret.

While im inked up and my 7yr old cant waits until she is old enough for tattoos and I would not let her get one so young....we need LESS government in our lives. LESS. not more!!

every situation is different and I do not see this situation as one that deserves legal action. now if a mother was taking her kid to get ink all over his body for the fun of it....with stupid crap....then I would judge her negatively.

but this was a memorial of a dead sibling!!

edit on January 20th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Georgia is a state full of Inbred's
So goes to figure

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
So she took her son to a dodgy tattooist because she knew it was illegal right? well she knew it was illegal and risked it and got caught.
Yes her son had a good reason for getting a tattoo but sorry dude he is 10 years of age, he should not get a tattoo because he hasn't grown up yet and that tattoo will look very different when he has grown up. (The tattoo will stay the same size etc).
Arrested yeah maybe going to far but I don't agree with letting kid's get a tattoo, at least let him grow up and then get one.
On a tattoo side note, Women do not get a tattoo on your belly region if you plan to have kids one day, my first wife had one and when she fell pregnant it became a big splodge of colour which cost her 4k to remove.(Due to the skin stretching).

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweetnlow
Georgia is a state full of Inbred's
So goes to figure

Oh come on!
You cannot generalize an entire state of people based on your opinoin of one mother. Your statement is just flat out false.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
It is illegal to tattoo a minor in Georgia, if I'm not mistaken. Therefore, the tattoo artist should be the one arrested, and held accountable for practicing their trade in an illegal manor.

The mom walks into the parlor, and requests the services for a tattoo for her son: The artist then says, "I'm sorry, ma'am, it is against the law to tattoo minors in this state."

Because the artist failed to know the law, they should pay the price.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Submarines

Agreed. Law or no law it's disgusting.
There are better ways to remember loved ones that passed.
Whatever happened to teaching your children some dignity?

link   
reply to post by silo13

I agree with you OP, but we don't need to make an appeal to emotion to justify your position.

Parents used to be the absolute authorities over their children, and it should be that way still. The content of the tattoo is irrelevant, what's important is the fact that the boy had his Mother's permission, and that's all that matters.

link   
I agree with most of the people in this thread. This is UNBELIEVABLE. And it's been on every news station.... "Everyone look over here! 10 year old child with a tattoo!" HEADLINES. This is what Americans need to know!

link   
You know, in most cases, I do think kids should wait until they are 18 to get one. But this is exactly the type of tattoo that 99.9 people WILL NOT regret getting 10 years down the road.
I can see why the school called though, let's face it, there are some not so bright people out there, that may use their child as a canvas. I do not believe she should have been arrested and good for her for not giving up the name of the artist.

Unfortunately, I've learned personally that we don't have many rights in our own children's life anymore and it really needs to change.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by sweetnlow

Wow, that is a high-tech troll! You managed to insult an entire state, and make a one-line response that isn't even clear on your opinion.

So, who are the inbreds? The mother? or the government?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
She is the Mother...He is the Son. Their choice...NOT the governments.

What the hell...is this administration now going to implement a special strike force to go into other countries where tattoos are a cultural way of life, and start rounding up parents who put tribal/cultural tattoos on their offspring.

Good find OP.....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join