It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fired Vatican Hebrew Translator exposes the OT for what it is in his LITERAL translation of the Hebr

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Not the devil..but you are worshipping the old pagan roman gods/goddesses. the church simply washed off the old names of the former pantheon and relabelled them to this new fad called christianity...but its all the same. goodbye apollo, hello jesus, goodbye Jupiter, hello God our father, etc...saints, demons, the whole lot, the ceremonies, all of it.

God existed prior to the Greeks and prior to the Sumerians. It makes sense doesn't it that there are references to Him and the fallen even in those cultures as passed down from the family of Noah? Ham basically became Cain 2.0 - after being disowned by Noah and began to teach his descendants that the world was better prior to the catastrophe and that it was God's fault. The Sumerian cultures then worshipped Enki (the fallen) as their god and put Enlil as the evil one that tried to keep knowledge from them.

So yes, these stories exist prior to Abraham. The difference is that God reestablished a direct relationship with the Semitic tribes in Abraham and passed along direct knowledge of past events which were then recorded by Moses much later.

[edit] and Abraham predates the Greeks and Romans so you are back to having to ask which came first anyway.
edit on 1/20/2012 by ararisq because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by scary

Mauro is NOT lying through his teeth, he has no agenda. He is making a LITERAL translation of the OT and using only as it was written using consonates and without injecting meaning. The symbols mean what they mean...and nothing more or less.

another literal translation project who are the supreme ONES

That's just silly, because symbols in an alpha-bet mean nothing by themselves, they are part of a human language, and the text was intended to be read by people literate and knowledgable in a particular language and its uses and assumptions. Often inferring meaning of a composite word from analogies to simple words in its pieces is completely misleading.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by ararisq

Christians tend to want to believe in God and Jesus without believing in demons and lesser gods and that 'magic' (indistinguishable from sufficiently advanced technology) existed.

Rather pessimistic thing to say as well as biased and a lie. Demons are just fallen angels and there are no lesser gods. Some of the ancients thought the fallen angels and loyal angels were gods, but the fallen didn't refuse worship and they granted people like Nimrod limited power. The loyal angels were horrified at the prospect of being worshipped and they told the people to stop.

King Solomon is an example of a righteous man that went evil and then went insane by summoning the fallen ones and forcing them to grant him favors and it was witchcraft, or "magic". What we christians do not do is put the emphasis on fallen angels because God wants our eyes on him. Were not supposed to be infatuated with the occult and supernatural, but be infatuated with him.

1) What is the difference between a lesser god and a angel? lesser means not as strong/powerful/etc as the real deal..sort of hair splitting..ultimately they are more powerful and "magical" than we are, but fall short of the actual deity..so, they are lesser gods, or demigods

2) occult simply means hidden...you aren't supposed to be interested in hidden stuff? why does god demand his followers remain ignorant? sounds like a trap
and supernatural? not interested in supernatural? huh? the whole concept of a deity is supernatural..like saying your not interested in people, because it detracts you from being interested in humans...

As far as summoning fallen angels and whatnot and it being witchy...Jesus made a clear distinction between him and his father..yet people worship him all the time...so by your interpretation, the entire christian religion is simply some occult thing worshipping a demigod.

On a spirituality scale, god is a 10 (perfection). Jesus is a 9, Angels are an 8, and we are like a 4
Jesus is a lesser god, but a bridge to god, better bridge than even an angel, but he is not the actual deity..just a gateway (this explained to me by a older christian) Also said that there are other numbers we have yet to come across (hinting at aliens out there) both above and below our level

Do I believe it? no, but then again, I don't dismiss it...however, someone prone to believing in supernatural stuff (such as deities and angels and such) would probably also see this as logical in their understanding of..logic.

for me, sure..sounds like a plausable mythos like any other..like hearing about goblins in the lord of the ring and suggesting there are other types of goblins in other areas of the realm...its not some shocking unbelievable aspect..if your going to accept goblins and orcs, you can accept different types...if you can accept angels and such, you can accept other similar beings of greater or lesser power out there we haven't met yet.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Thanks for the input. I don't need to be told what I am worshiping, I already know that, just as you already know what you know. I won't try to tell you what you are worshiping, belief system, if you have one. Nice avatar, looks like someone whose been on my case for awhile.

Back to the video, "Pat, can I buy a vowel?"

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
[edit] and Abraham predates the Greeks and Romans so you are back to having to ask which came first anyway.
edit on 1/20/2012 by ararisq because: (no reason given)

Well, we go further back to sumerian religions, and whatever tribal religions were before abraham..ultimately these stories have always been around and just get tweaked and names changed from civ to civ.

I just personally think we should have gave a check by the greek/roman pantheon for the guidance of our civilization..it was rich, full of wonder and culture, and progressed us quite a lot in regards to science, philosophy, etc..
Judge the tree by the fruit it bares, and the fruit of the greeks was ripe and fruitful..golden age of civilization..the christian conversion created the dark ages and endless destruction of progression towards our rightful place amongst the stars...

aka, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Part 1
--------------------------------

From the translation that Mauro Biglino has done of the “Leningrad Codex” - the first and original Text from which all the Bibles have derived - including the King James version,
it comes out that there are two “deities” in the Bible:

Elohim and Yahwè.

Elohim is a plural word, not singular, and means “The Elevated Ones” or “The Shining Ones”.

Elohim seems to equate to the Sumerian “Anunnaki” - translated by Sitchin as:
“Those who from the heavens came to the Earth”

In this case, Elohim = Anunnaki = an evolved Extraterrestrial Race.
(and not any sort of "God")

-------------------------------

About Yahwè:

According to Mauro Biglino's translations of the Bible, Yahwè is simply one of the Elohim,
and not one of the most powerful, but a young and inexperienced one.

The Elohim gave to Yahwè a land (Israel)
and a people (The Jews) to rule.

Therefore, neither Yahwè was any "God" whatsoever.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
Nice avatar, looks like someone whose been on my case for awhile.

Your being attacked by zombies?

Go for the head.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by HeywoodFloyd
Part 1
--------------------------------

From the translation that Mauro Biglino has done of the “Leningrad Codex” - the first and original Text from which all the Bibles have derived - including the King James version,
it comes out that there are two “deities” in the Bible:

Elohim and Yahwè.

Elohim is a plural word, not singular, and means “The Elevated Ones” or “The Shining Ones”.

Elohim seems to equate to the Sumerian “Anunnaki” - translated by Sitchin as:
“Those who from the heavens came to the Earth”

In this case, Elohim = Anunnaki = an evolved Extraterrestrial Race.
(and not any sort of "God")

-------------------------------

About Yahwè:

According to Mauro Biglino's translations of the Bible, Yahwè is simply one of the Elohim,
and not one of the most powerful, but a young and inexperienced one.

The Elohim gave to Yahwè a land (Israel)
and a people (The Jews) to rule.

Therefore, neither Yahwè was any "God" whatsoever.

Wait..
So it wasn't even like the captain..
We got a n00b god?
-facepalms-
Well, I guess that makes sense..no wonder he hasn't been back...nothing like your first works to cause a bit of embarrassment on the ole resume.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
sorry, but this Thread is on the translation work of Mauro Biglino on the Bible,
not on zombies, demons or witches.

moderators?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I didn't learn anything new, but he confirmed my thoughts. I've always said that the bible was a history book in which Jews wrote god into their history, or, conversely, where Muslims wrote god into theirs. That's why god, seemingly, tells Jews to conquer Muslims, then on the flip side, in the Muslim bible, he's telling Mohammad to chop off Jewish heads. Reading both bibles does something to nullify both. If we all got off the holy train and used our own minds, there's a chance that mankind could actually survive into a state of being self-evident. Keep in mind that almost all wars are religious-based wars and we play right into the abductor's hand by warring endlessly.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge
reply to post by scary

Don't be fooled. This guy is lying through his teeth. This is one of the only guys who has the credentials to interpret the bible correctly and what he says completely smashes Zac Sitchin's BS.

Mike Heiser is a scholar in the fields of biblical studies and the ancient Near East. He is the Academic Editor of Logos Bible Software. Mike earned the M.A. and Ph.D. in Hebrew Bible and Semitic Languages at the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 2004. He has also earned an M.A. in Ancient History from the University of Pennsylvania (major fields: Ancient Israel and Egyptology). His main research interests are Israelite religion (especially Israel’s divine council), biblical theology, ancient Near Eastern religion, biblical & ancient Semitic languages, and ancient Jewish binitarian monotheism.

Mike blogs about biblical studies at The Naked Bible, and fringe beliefs about archaeology and antiquity at PaleoBabble. He offers courses on the Old Testament, New Testament, Biblical theology, and various ancient languages through his online institute, MEMRA. He has also written several articles and short books on these sorts of subjects.

Mike's other academic interests include the paranormal and the occult. His UFO Religions blog discusses how the belief in aliens shapes modern religious worldviews. Mike has been a frequent guest on a number of radio programs such as Coast to Coast AM. He is best known for his critique of the ancient astronaut theories of Zecharia Sitchin and his paranormal thriller, The Facade, which intertwines many of his interests.

www.michaelsheiser.com...

You want to know the absolute true well dig through his site and you will see for yourself.

www.michaelsheiser.com... This one page bust the whole UFO-Roswell MYTH!! See the pretty pic's? His book is pretty good reading too as its a story based on what he thinks is happening now between our governments and what the gov, thinks are aliens. I read the whole book in two nights so it must be good.

If, as you admit, this man is one of the FEW PEOPLE with the actual credentials to translate the bible, why would that give us cause to doubt him?

I guess if you want somebody to cross-reference everything and make sure he's not lying, you should get your ass studying ancient Hebrew, huh?

Also, I checked out his website.. There was really nothing whatsoever that stuck out as fraudulant, as least not intentionally. Yes, the picture of a UFO looks fake, and those supposed "declassified documents" are questionable.. But MAJESTIC is nothing new. He didn't come up with anything on his site by himself, it's all just information pulled from other sources, and the information is readily available elsewhere.

Why wouldn't he be allowed to critique Zecharia Sitchen? And how does me "SMASH Sitchen's BS" as you so elegantly put it? I don't even understand 100% what you meant when you said that.

He's got multiple Degrees, all of which are Masters or higher... And you're stating this like it can be used against him?

People.. Do the research yourself.

Don't listen to posts put up by mud-slingers like this dingbat.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

sorry, but this Thread is on the translation work of Mauro Biglino on the Bible,
not on zombies, demons or witches.

moderators?

Apology accepted.

This thread is also not about being a whiny tattle tail. I think a 1 sentence humor response probably won't derail the thread.

And actually, the thread is about a variety of things, to include how demons and witches were used in context to the logistics of the stories of the bible to begin with.

And zombies..zombies are jello (always room for jello).

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
That's a zombie? Dang, looks like a demon to me. Thanks for the advice anyway.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Am I allowed to post the same question I did earlier and that went right under the radar? Here it is...

Sorry and thanks, simultaneously.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
enki did the same thing in the sumerian texts. one sec, will post it with a link:

Excerpt from Enki's Journey to Nibru

9-17. An artfully made bright crenellation rising out from the abzu was erected for Lord Nudimmud.

71-82. As it has been built, as it has been built; as Enki has raised Eridug up, it is an artfully built mountain which floats on the water.

etcsl.orinst.ox.ac.uk...#
edit on 20-1-2012 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by scary

Part 2
------------------------------

This is the current Bible translation:

Gen 1:27–28

And God said: Let us make mankind in our image, as our likeness.

-----------------------------

According to Biglino, that translation is wrong.

The correct translation is:

“And the Elohim (The Elevated Ones) said: “Let us make man as our likeness, using that thing that contains our image”

according to Biglino the “Thing that contains our image” is the DNA.

-------------------------

Does this ring any bell?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hessdalen
reply to post by chr0naut

This Biglino guy was employed by a publisher (San Paulo) that had also worked for the Vatican. He didn't actually work for the Vatican so the title of the post is misleading.

can you please give a source for that info (and more nfo about his "work for the vatican")

so sad, if hed worked for the vatican like OP claimed id listen but seems like hes just a sell-out...

My 'source' was that he said who he worked for in his introduction in the first video.

I also Googled him to try and determine his credentials. Most of what I got is is in Italian, but it is readable if you know a little Latin (and also Google translate helps
).

In his introduction, he claims to have his name mentioned alongside a Vatican official in a published book but I was unable to find any online reference to it (which is reasonable if the book was very recent) and he didn't mention the book title.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
The question is, is this more correct than the bible?

I say, probably so, since the bible came along thousands of years later.

My next thought is how did Jesus fit into all of this?
Where did these gods go?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

reply to post by scary

Part 2
------------------------------

This is the current Bible translation:

Gen 1:27–28

And God said: Let us make mankind in our image, as our likeness.

-----------------------------

According to Biglino, that translation is wrong.

The correct translation is:

“And the Elohim (The Elevated Ones) said: “Let us make man as our likeness, using that thing that contains our image”

according to Biglino the “Thing that contains our image” is the DNA.

-------------------------

Does this ring any bell?

It didn't say MAN either. it said ADAM. by putting man there instead of adam, the english translators made it seem like it was saying human as a general statement rather than adam, what they later try to insinuate is a single man named adam! in fact, the rest of that verse says male female.

Elohim created adam image, male female created.

ADAM is a plural word! The M gives it away. words that end in M are plurals. elohiM. nephiliM.
adaM. plural people, males and females, were created in the image of the elevated ones. clones.

YEP. the ladies too. eve was a later creation, separated out from the prior adam race because she was the first procreative woman. notice childbirth was painful after that, but before that, nope.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Original Poster. I do not mean to be rude. I am open minded that there are things that are flying around in the skies that are not natural. Some of them military and some of them maybe something else.

However , his source points to himself. He takes his own reasoning outside of the Hebrew Priest that wrote some of the oldest testaments found and he also discredits scholars that are / have studied the original text.

The Bible does mention that there will be a great deception and if possible , even the very elect will be deceived. This hasn't happened yet. Something is going to come along that is going to blow the Bible out of the water ... either some kind of strange text that discredits the Bible some how , Aliens showing up or the revealing of Aliens , there is going to be something that is going to make even the most devout Christians question their belief.

So do you see why we have to be adamite about protecting our beliefs? Something is going to come along that is going to cause a lot of confusion and we have to be strong. If we are iffy , and know there is something beyond death or something more than us ... then we could easily be lead astray.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join