It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tower on the Moon filmed by amateur

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Not saying it resembles this but will leave it up to the rest of you ppl .

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Why focus on the tower when there is a full city to the right of it (that you can see in the beginning of vid clearly)

Now this may not be an actual city, but there are certainly alot of "upcropping", or tall structures visible, none of which i have ever seen on any "official" NASA footage. And for everyone thinking that tower is just shadow... look again. There are some shadows visible on that footage from the other structures, but they look nothing like the tower.
edit on 19-1-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
In any case, he got some amazing shots of the moon! Just look at those craters, I have never in my lifetime seen such an incredible amateur video of Luna

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

There,s supposed to be a huge glass tower on the moon. A friend of mine (a ufologist) showed me some time ago images. Also of trees water and buildings on mars. Yeas you read right, they are still to disclose this but they will eventually.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

If it was a tower then i would suggest that like humans it would be built in a vertical manner, this is not what i was referring to in my earlier reply, but due to it not being vertical may i suggest something more along the lines of a crashed object?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by avatar01

If this tower is real then it is HUGE

Both physically and in implication, very HUGE.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Here's a really good screen from the video (slightly brightened):

And here it is inverted:

On page 2 someone posted another interesting video.
Here's a good screen from that video:

Then we have the infamous Tower and Shard:

There's also this video and this website which have a few more interesting images:

edit on 19-1-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

It would be easier in miles rather than feet.
2nd.
Look or google glass shard/structure on the moon.
Good timing look at post above.
Also off topic but could the moon resemble a depleted earth? What earth would look like if we carry on the way we are?
edit on 19-1-2012 by Lee78 because: (no reason given)

Link to an interesting site?here

Videos here
edit on 19-1-2012 by Lee78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DIDtm

ROTFLMFAO

You sir have become the reason behind my smile only I will understand today. Priceless.-

on a side note, what telescope is being used, what camera? That is really good quality. When was it shot? Where exactly on earth?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
the celestron 130 eq is the exact same scope that i just sold and with my 2xbarlow and digital camera on zoom, i could look at the moon just like the film.
just thought id mention it..
although the angle on this film looks somewhat off

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by BiffJordan

Unclear? The criminal hid in the gutter, easily shot the president and got away.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
It is real interesting, but you have to be real careful when observing the edge of the moon where the sunlight terminates.
Mountains and craters look wierd there, some look detached, the higher parts of other structures illuminate where the bottom is still in terminal shadow.

I have a Celestron C8, powerful scope, and look at the moon alot. I see this kind of thing on a regular basis. The interesting part of this image is the fact that there seems to be a shadowed base on this thing, This could be real, or caused by something in front of it casting a shadow that makes this look like it is mounted on it.

Great shot, keep up the great photography, but as you probably know, this is hard to analyze.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by OMsk3ptic
If NASA is doctoring moon photos, then they are doing a piss poor job of it. Why would NASA just throw a blurry blob over something, or just throw some white out over it? Seems hard to believe, since there are plenty of people just on this site who can airbrush moon photos near flawlessly. If NASA was going to edit out alien artifacts, I don't think we would even know that they've done it.
edit on 18-1-2012 by OMsk3ptic because: (no reason given)

Ever seen a FOIA document where they have blacked out areas of text? They could have taken the time to retype the information, but why bother when a smudge of black ink suffices just as nicely. You have to understand their interpretation of the 'Us and Them', they really don't care what we think.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
This thing is gonna be likr the bridge...there it is there it isnt.....
Well have to have a better scope check his co ords out......

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I see only the normal effect of the sun hitting the peak of higher ground beyond the terminator, in the shadow part.
edit on 19-1-2012 by theprez because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I'll have to admit, it does look like a tower, but I'm sure it's just some optical illusion of some sort. I'd believe that first (beings the mind has been known to play tricks like that) over a gigantic mile + high structure on the moon.

Not ruling it out entirely, just saying an optical illusion is way more plausible. Once you can find a way to rule out the optical illusion, then we'll talk.
edit on 19-1-2012 by JohnnySasaki because: (no reason given)

Ox

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

It looks fake. The only reason I say that is, is it looks like the lighting source is a flashlight and a crummy one at that, whenever the "telescope" moved around the light source has to catch up to it a moment later as if someone is moving the camera lens and then going "Oh poop" and moving the light.
I call hoax.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
It is a mirage caused by the Earth's atmosphere jumbling up light and shadow. If it were really there, it would have been well known for over two hundred years. The history of lunar observation is filled with phantoms like this one.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
It is a mirage caused by the Earth's atmosphere jumbling up light and shadow. If it were really there, it would have been well known for over two hundred years. The history of lunar observation is filled with phantoms like this one.

I guess you would call this a mirage as well then.

But how do you explain the shadow if so?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I'm being followed by a moon tower, Moon tower moon tower,
Leaping to conclusions for a moon tower.. Moon tower moon tower.

And if I ever lose my mind, lose my youtube, lose my brain,
Oh if I ever lose my mind, Oh if.... I won't have to look no more.
And if I ever lose my eyes, If youtube closes, ends up dry
Yes if I ever lose my eyes, Oh if.... I won't have to look no more.

Crazy Cat Youtube, at it again...

I see a reflection of a normal part of the moon, hidden by shade and shonky footage, that resembles what the viewer wants to see.

Plenty of cases of this from mars to the moon... Pow, to the Moon!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join