It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tower on the Moon filmed by amateur

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
From the video I think it could be an optical illusion, it might also be a weird shape rock formation but remember light can create some amazing illusions. The reason I am thinking illusion is due to the area it was shot at which is on the edge of the dark side.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ImmortalThought

I have only one problem with your argument, if such structures existed on the moon, wouldn't nasa have known about it, I mean wouldn't these "natural" rock formations gone a long way toward our understanding of how the moon is formed and what its composed of?

So wouldn't there have been research into them, and than wouldn't it be pretty well known? I mean if some ameture with a strong lens could make it out wouldn't the lunar probes and missions have documented this?

So that leaves me at A. They arn't there, B. They are and Nasa routinely doctors photos to take them out for some reason. Or C. NASA is so incompetent that they miss huge natural rock formations that could advance our understanding on moon composition and erosion.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

I have only one problem with your argument, if such structures existed on the moon, wouldn't nasa have known about it, I mean wouldn't these "natural" rock formations gone a long way toward our understanding of how the moon is formed and what its composed of?

So wouldn't there have been research into them, and than wouldn't it be pretty well known? I mean if some ameture with a strong lens could make it out wouldn't the lunar probes and missions have documented this?

So that leaves me at A. They arn't there, B. They are and Nasa routinely doctors photos to take them out for some reason. Or C. NASA is so incompetent that they miss huge natural rock formations that could advance our understanding on moon composition and erosion.

i believe its B.....

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Whatever IT is IT has been filmed by someone else too .

Judging by the long shot at the end of the video (about 4.16) it's massive

edit on 18-1-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
double post
edit on 18-1-2012 by nofear39 because: double post

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
Whatever IT is IT has been filmed by someone else too .

i watched this b4 aswell ....... something is deffo their !!! i wil get my telescope out tonite if its clear skys and try and see it ..

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
It could be a sunlit mountaintop sprouting from the middle of an otherwise shadowed crater. The thing that looks like the "shaft" of the tower may simply be an unassociated shadow that happens to line up with the sunlit mountaintop.

edit on 1/18/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I've found nasa to be as ignorant as well as sly.
I'm sure they doctor photos, but on the other hand they may have found these structures before and never thought anything of it to report the matter.

I mean did you know about the structure in South America previous to the other poster pointing it out?

And if we are going off the information they (nasa) gives us, isnt it more conceivable to assume an impact (erosion) caused this instead of it being a tower that was built? Again, not trying to ruin the fun I'm just a skeptic.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Yes but this is the moon, an object that has held mans attention since the dawn of time, people have been staring at it all this time.

Scientist have studied it and cataloged every visible object on it since telescopes where invented, Hell some of the first reports of UFOs are from people staring at the moon with early telescopes.

I am pretty sure that IF these where there, than NASA would know.

The argument that what apply on earth would apply on the moon doesn't work because of the level of scrutiny that has been on the moon through out the ages.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The Moon has been the preserve of the elite for centuries , now with the technology that's available to the masses those days are over

Who knows whats really up there , or more importantly whats up there that's been hidden from the masses for centuries .

Scientists Say We Should Search Moon for Alien Traces
Instead of just looking for radio messages, we should search for traces of alien explorers in the celestial bodies of our solar system. These are the highlights of their research paper:
• Alien civilizations may have sent probes to our region of the galaxy.
• Any mission to the solar system would probably have occurred a very long time ago. The lunar environment could preserve artifacts for millions of years.
• Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter provides a photographic database to search for artifacts.
• Searching the LRO database would make an excellent educational project.
gizmodo.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

A metaphor to help further my point and then I have to go to class.

There is a big difference between standing outside of circus tent and being inside the circus.

you can stare at the circus and make assumptions about what a circus is, but until you are completely involved in the circus you can't get a full understanding of what defines a circus and its properties.

If nasa is covering up such objects as this "tower" because it is as we assume, a tower much like the Empire State Building we wont know until they release such information. but going off what we do know and have been told, this can be explained as erosion.

Hey, I would like it very much to be some ancient remnants of civilization, but I can't work with that theory from a sketchy video and my wishes for it to be something more.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Ill use your circus metaphor.

I know the tents there, and Ive stared at the tent for years, and people keep reporting strange elephant like sounds from that damn thing, hell reports keep coming in of strange Elephant noises for years...

I swear theres an elephant there, SO I ask my government who is the expert on tents, and they play me audio with bleeps every time the elephant noise would be there...

Damn, I guess there arn't elephants in that circus tent after all.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
If NASA is doctoring moon photos, then they are doing a piss poor job of it. Why would NASA just throw a blurry blob over something, or just throw some white out over it? Seems hard to believe, since there are plenty of people just on this site who can airbrush moon photos near flawlessly. If NASA was going to edit out alien artifacts, I don't think we would even know that they've done it.
edit on 18-1-2012 by OMsk3ptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
could we maybe get some 3rd party with powerful telescopes to take a look?

or a couple different angles? maybe a south american and australian could take a look?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
could we maybe get some 3rd party with powerful telescopes to take a look?

or a couple different angles? maybe a south american and australian could take a look?

Dude, I don't think they get different angles...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
im watching stargazzing on bbc2 and last nites episode was all about the moon .....and how we all should look closer at the moon as it has secrets about the universe ... i just think the timing is very strange !!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

Originally posted by nineix
reply to post by Hellas

There's no reference or context to this video.
It'd be nice if the videographer gave us moon map coordinates?

Otherwise, videographer could have just sprayed a big wad of Great Stuff foam in the yard, sprinkled some dirt on it, and went to filming it through a cardboard toilet paper roll tube with saturation dailed down to grayscale on the camera.

No context = this could be anything, or anywhere.

Reply:

Originally posted by Enlightenme1111
I'll add some information I found on the YouTube page.

"Filmed January 5, 2012 @ 7 pm ....Tall water tower looking structure on the horizon of the moon. 4 clips in one. I filmed this using a celestron 130 telescope and a panasonic camcorder."

More specfic..."panasonic 78x zoom camcorder. i was optical zoomed at about 30. I used an 18mm eyepiece with a 2x barlow lense on the telescope"

"The only location i can tell you is that its on the southwest side of the southern pole of the moon, on the horizon. my telescope images things upside down"

He is answering all of the comments and participating in the discussion. I think it's an interesting video.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

There's no way you could see such detail with such a small telescope.

I have a 150cm reflector which is larger, I can see nowhere near such detail. I doubt even Hubble could.

I think it's made up, certainly looks that way.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Soylent Green is exactly correct; it is a mountain standing out on the darkened floor of a crater. The Moon's terminator is a jumble of light and shadow. The Earth's atmosphere causes that swarming effect for the same reason that stars twinkle. The shadowy "tower" is a mirage caused by unsteady atmospheric conditions. In time, as he gets familiar with his telescope, he will no longer be puzzled by phenomena like this.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

No one thinks it's the landscape of the moon, with some more light shining on the horizon, in a crater?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join