It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tower on the Moon filmed by amateur

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
mmmm sure looks strange...cant help thinking that its probably just an illusion due to light effects and shadow play, also the vids not too clear so pretty hard to get a crisp look at the thing.
nice post though, i believe the moon still holds secrets and hopefully one day TPTB decide we havent quite learned as much as our companion as we could and start sending man back up there

edit on 19-1-2012 by thejester1982 because: miss spelled

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by revs0lution
so he took a trip to the moon and filmed it himself ?

you a Troll? or just Dense?

Duh.

Are you freaking serious?
There is this wonderful invention called a TELESCOPE, Look it up sometime.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
SHENANIGANS!!

There, I said it.

I don't doubt that it's a tower but I do doubt that it's the moon he's filmin.

Would a simple pan-out be too much to ask?

never used a telescope I take it?
That IS the moon.
Good grief.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

Indeed, some people in this thread probably had too much flouride in their tap water...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
If it was a tower, human/alien made, then it would have to be huge. I guessing the scale would have to be about 1/2 to a mile wide and 2 or so miles tall. I have no doubt that its a video of something on the moon, but I'm leaning towards a natural formation, and shadows and optical illusions from the angle.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by remyrange
If it was a tower, human/alien made, then it would have to be huge. I guessing the scale would have to be about 1/2 to a mile wide and 2 or so miles tall. I have no doubt that its a video of something on the moon, but I'm leaning towards a natural formation, and shadows and optical illusions from the angle.

5 miles tall i heard, according to the scale.
You drive a volvo?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

This is really cool! nice find
I cant wait to get my telescope! which I am mainly getting to look at the moon (i love the moon!)
but il be doing this! and hopefully have some cool vids and images for you lovely ats people

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
reply to post by Ahmose

Indeed, some people in this thread probably had too much flouride in their tap water...

Oh without a doubt, my friend.

Some seem to have a strictly fluoride diet.
maybe even microwaved fluoride. lol

For a website whose motto is "Deny Ignorance"..
This place is absolutely full with it.

All the great minds here *mostly* make up for it..
But I most often find myself just shaking my head at probably 70-75% of replies here.

Unbelievable. lol

Anyway, Thanks to everyone else not in that 70-75%.
You're appreciated.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

It looks like a tower because it looks like he is recording the edge of the moon (IE, parallel to the surface).

It is not.

Some parts of the video clearly show this is from a perpendicular vector to the surface of the moon.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Thanks for the post OP. The ignorance of some people on here astounds me sometimes. There are lots of large tower-looking rock structures on the moon and for those that don't seem to realise that I suggest you do yourselves a favour and buy a telescope and see for yourself. Even a really cheap one will do the trick.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I just follow all this space stuff casually and sometimes jump into a thread with an observation when my interest is peaked, but I couldn't help observing . . .

1. The video embedded by the OP is very good, considering where the moon is located.

2. The internet is full of webcams of every important intersection of every important city and every upwardly mobile village on the planet . . . , OK, not really but I think you take my meaning. Why aren't there 24-7 webcams of the moon?

3. If the OP's video is legit, it should be possible for the worldwide network of amateur astronomers and moonbuffs to capture every single lunar anomaly that takes place on the surface of that satellite.

4. Shouldn't SETI have a subcomittee of some kind to organize this? Science teachers worldwide? The Boy Scouts? Somebody? Why isn't this already happening?

5. I would rather watch the lunar webcams than some intersection in Belgrade.

My two cents worth.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

I agree, what baffles me most about this vid though, is that it is better than most NASA vids or pics of the moon... and they have satellites up there which are SUPPOSED to take pictures like this... Hell if a amateur astronomer can do videos like this with a cheap telescope, why can´t they do it 1000 times better? I smell a rat...
edit on 19-1-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

You might be right. Maybe one of the moon-mavens on ATS will root around in their collection of moon anomaly photos and be able to show us the shot that the video was fabricated with, if it was fabricated.

Maybe my earlier post is circumstantial evidence for fakery in this case.

edit on 19-1-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain

Originally posted by DJW001
It is a mirage caused by the Earth's atmosphere jumbling up light and shadow. If it were really there, it would have been well known for over two hundred years. The history of lunar observation is filled with phantoms like this one.

I guess you would call this a mirage as well then.

But how do you explain the shadow if so?

I personally would call that most likely a rock.
I don't see anything in that footage to suggest it's a creation of intelligent design at all. It looks like a chunk of rock, with shadows. How people interpret that is an entirely different matter.

As with a lot of these Mars and Moon images, people are seeing what they want to see and turning easily explainable rock formations and confusions of light and shadow into fantastical stories about towers and aliens. I'm one of the first people to believe that it is entirely likely there is intelligent life out there, and that the Moon and Mars would be great vantage points from which another intelligent life form could monitor us. But I have never seen any convincing evidence of anything other than natural occurrences being talked up through ignorance and deliberate exaggeration into being something of intelligent design.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas
I found this vid on youtube.

The users name is saintsdola and he/she has a few interesting clips.

Here is the alleged Tower

It does look like some kind of tall structure
edit on 18-1-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

I have found out what it is:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I have not had time to read all the posts so i apologise if this has been said already.

@ 1:41 - that kinda looks like a face down the bottom there.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Which is why I have been an advocate of setting up our own ATS satellite , we shouuld really have two , one for our internet , so that the government cant disconnect us , and one which will orbit the moon to clear up our conpsiracy theories !

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Excuse me Mr. or MRS. Don't believe its the moon there filming. Haven't you ever put a camera to the lens of a telescope. That is the exact effect you get. I understand that our place is to try and debunk first or find legit reasons for these images but keep an open mind and if you don't know what your talking about don't open your mouth or one day we are going to get footage of something that is for real and no bodies going to realize it because people trying to poke fun and ridicule the one that took it because they don't know what they are looking at. This is rude people.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

@ 1:10 whats in the crater? Nice vid Op SnF
It is said there is more moon activities going on up there then whats discussed so this may be some visual proof.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
In other words if you don't know what your seeing and automatically debunk and ridicule it makes us just as guilty as the ones trying to keep the secrets hidden in the first place. Come on people.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join