It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tower on the Moon filmed by amateur

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
With all the new private and ESA / China joint missions - and the new robots they are all sending to the moon (to NASAs "dont touch our merchandise" chagrin) I can't wait to see all the beautiful hi-resolution images of our moon.

A few years back, NASA released a plethora of beautiful images of Mars. I remember bein awestruck as they were literally being loaded on the web and downloaded (by me) in real time.

The fact that there are no such images of our moon speaks volumes. I suppose the release of the NASA Mars images was part of a beef up to get us all interested in Mars. And low and behold, last year NASA announce they have decided to hop on the nearest asteroid and bunny hop to Mars.

What a pile of horse manure.

And all the time, our beautiful, familiar Moon beckons with her silver secrets. Yup. I'd say 2012 will be the end of the Military Industrial Complex and their puppy dog NASA. The patronizing, timed "leaking" of pre-screened (and sanitized for the public) information makes me sick to the stomach.

Go ESA. Go forth human race and study every inch. Every sink hole.

I want to watch it all live on my Internet enabled TV. And I want to see the NASA bigwigs, on another station, stepping up to the podium and saying things like "I don't recall seeing these images your honor." and "We didn't think it would be in the public interest."

I can't wait.

Sure. Maybe these are craters or optical illusions. But until this one gets sorted out (and i suspect we may be able to do tyat here with a few telescopes and video cams) I'm having much more fun believing in the possibilities.
edit on 19/1/2012 by objectman because: Clarity

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
It appears to be rock formations, just that this one is unique in shape to appear tower like. It appears as though there are other formations not so toweresque as well when he pans right.

Here is an example of a similar style formation in South America.

Picture Source

One could postulate that if this formation was viewed under the same circumstances it would appear to be a man-made tower of sorts.

Earth has natural erosion (ie: precipitation, ice and wind) to make formations like that. Moon doesn't.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The moon is STILL the biggest mystery.

Here are some observations:

- Over 40 years ago we are told man set foot on the moon.
- Guy confronts buzz Aldrin, says he never went to the moon. Buzz punches him in the face.
- Guy approaches Neil Armstrong w/ 5 thousand dollars cash and a bible and asks him to swear he went to the moon. Armstrong refuses.
- Armstrong has refused to speak publicly about the moon since the Apollo mission.
- His only public statement occurred at the 25 Apollo anniversary where he cryptically referred to "uncovering truths protective layers".
- To this day there are no detailed maps of the moon. Any publicly available maps are very poor quality and are blurred out in many sections.
- Public is told moon is a big dusty rock and waste of money (nothing to see here folks move along).
- We have sent many rovers to Mars. There have been no moon rovers exploring it's surface in any detail.
- Last year we crashed a probe into the moon to see if there is any water. This is 40+ years after purportedly putting men on it's surface.
- We don't land any probes to explore it's surface to see if there is water. Today it appears the best we can do is crash a probe. A very "high tech" solution.
- Buzz Aldrin is promoting manned missions to Phobos a moon of Mars. Apparently earths moon is too uninteresting.
- Recently a Russian probe to Phobos has failed and has crashed back to earth.
- There is evidence that points to man never going to the moon in the first place.
- Purported moon rocks are identical to terrestrial rocks found in places like Hawaii
- Original moon film footage has mysteriously disappeared
- Moon artifacts and rocks have also mysteriously disappeared

It appears logic doesn't add up when applied to the moon. Critical thinking fails also.
It appears to a reasonable open mind that NASA has shamefully perpetrated the greatest fraud in human history.

They will be exposed this year.
edit on 19-1-2012 by freedommusic because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by ImmortalThought

what if it was hit with a big long topedo shaped asaroid and it stuck in like a dart

link   
I don't why why I did it, because I knew what to expect, but I went ahead and looked at some of the moronic "youtube superstar's" other videos. For crying out loud, what a friggin' idiot.

Seriously, if you need a good laugh, go take a look-see and thank me later. It's even funnier if you know anything about telescopes.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Anyone believe that we made contact around the moon and were told to never return again? Doesn't anyone find it a little fishy that we havent been back there in 40 or so years? Saying that its just because of cost is a very convienent answer IMO...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Yeah, the camera can make a big difference also. The video from the OP is horrible. The astronomy forum I frequent has way better pictures posted and even video and pics of the ISS, which is a feat in itself.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

The two structures other than the tower that can be seen look like giant statues of archers taking aim, in the same direction.
Intriguing.
edit on 19-1-2012 by six67seven because: filled out

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by objectman

There's no such images from the moon because there are no rovers on the moon, just satellites. No other satellite comes within 10% the resolution as the LRO has, 15 inches or less now the LRO started orbiting lower nearly 26 miles from the surface and Google maps doesn't do much better than that from satellites. Its just there isn't anything on the moon like streets and homes to put in perspective the resolution of the best LRO images like the Google satellite has. Get away from the cities and look around Google in the thinly inhabited areas and you can barely make out a house.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

I respect your opinion .. but a rock going thousands of miles per hour i doubt would cause a shape like that.

It seems more far fetched than what the picture itself could possibly be in my mind. Do you have anything i can look at that shows impacts can cause distinct shapes like that?
edit on 19-1-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedommusic

- Armstrong has refused to speak publicly about the moon since the Apollo mission ....

It appears to a reasonable open mind that NASA has shamefully perpetrated the greatest fraud in human history.

Yeah. What the hell is that whole Armstrong thing about? Read the transcripts of the Mercury missions. Those guys heard "space music". Most of those transcripts haven't been censored. The Apollo 11 mission (all missions wer recorded and transcribed and are available on NASAs site) transcript has many missing pages and lots of black censored lines.

Anybody have a link to these docs? I downloaded them quick as I thought they'd mysteriously disappear at some point.
edit on 19/1/2012 by objectman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Fascinating videos (Goretex's one too). I have no idea what they are, but Im not ready to write them off due to "its only such and such telescope- cant be done" having spent many happy hour stargazing through my brothers very cheap telescope and seeing much detail on the moon.

Its amazing how many folks on hear post their opinions as sure fire concrete facts- thought the whole deal was we were denying ignorance, not increasing it......

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

- Guy confronts buzz Aldrin, says he never went to the moon. Buzz punches him in the face.
- Guy approaches Neil Armstrong w/ 5 thousand dollars cash and a bible and asks him to swear he went to the moon. Armstrong refuses.
- Armstrong has refused to speak publicly about the moon since the Apollo mission.
- His only public statement occurred at the 25 Apollo anniversary where he cryptically referred to "uncovering truths protective layers".
- To this day there are no detailed maps of the moon. Any publicly available maps are very poor quality and are blurred out in many sections.
- Public is told moon is a big dusty rock and waste of money (nothing to see here folks move along).
- We have sent many rovers to Mars. There have been no moon rovers exploring it's surface in any detail.
- Last year we crashed a probe into the moon to see if there is any water. This is 40+ years after purportedly putting men on it's surface.
- We don't land any probes to explore it's surface to see if there is water. Today it appears the best we can do is crash a probe. A very "high tech" solution.
- Buzz Aldrin is promoting manned missions to Phobos a moon of Mars. Apparently earths moon is too uninteresting.
- There is evidence that points to man never going to the moon in the first place.
- Purported moon rocks are identical to terrestrial rocks found in places like Hawaii

It appears logic doesn't add up when applied to the moon. Critical thinking fails also.

edit on 19-1-2012 by freedommusic because: (no reason given)

This is a gem. May i add nasas reluctance to examine niburu, and the object formaly known as prince. Sorry, i mean spaceship next to the sun.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by freedommusic

What does this have to do with the OP?

Good for Buzz.

I never heard about the bribe part of this story before. Interesting.

Not true.

It was neither cryptic nor in reference to the Moon landing. It was a metaphor for the scientific method.

I'm not even sure what you mean by that. Do you mean a road atlas? There are many different atlases in a variety of scales available. There is even GoogleMoon, although that has a lot of problems because it was designed for children.

That is a fair enough description, unless you are interested in science.

The Soviets sent a couple but the results were disappointing. There will be a privately funded rover sent within the next few years.

What does one have to do with the other? The best way to find water under the surface is to throw a bit of the surface up into space.

See above.

- Buzz Aldrin is promoting manned missions to Phobos a moon of Mars. Apparently the moon is too uninteresting.

He has literally been there, done that.

They also lost an ISS freighter and two rounds of GLONASS GPS satellites.

No, there isn't.

If you mean they're both made out of rock, yes, they're similar. he lunar rocks are much older, drier and contain micrometeroid pitting.

No, it hasn't. It's in a vault. You're thinking of the infamous "missing telemetry tapes." At least inform yourself about the nonsense you believe.

Your post is an excellent example of that.

No, but discussing it here is completely off topic.

Why not start a new thread and explain how and why?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by objectman

Yeah. What the hell is that whole Armstrong thing about? Read the transcripts of the Mercury missions. Those guys heard "space music". Most of those transcripts haven't been censored. The Apollo 11 mission (all missions wer recorded and transcribed and are available on NASAs site) transcript has many missing pages and lots of black censored lines.

Anybody have a link to these docs? I downloaded them quick as I thought they'd mysteriously disappear at some point.

This would make a good topic for your own thread.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

You weren't just told. You were also shown, there was volumes of ancillary data available, other countries didn't call it fake (which would have been in their best interest, unless you invent some other moronic conspiracy to explain why they kept quiet)....etc. So when you say we were just told, you are kind of downplaying it a tad. But then again, with the ignorance that is prevalent in these modern times, combined with the reduced intelligence by those that aren't smart enough to deduce we did in fact go to the moon, why am I not surprised at such a ridiculous statement.

Lol, some random dude huh? Not some jerk with an absolute insulting tabloid approach or anything right? I mean, just some nice random dude just asked an innocent question and BLAM! Buzz clocked him! Your being intellectually dishonest here, or just ignorant, Either way, your touting stupidity here and it doesn't fly, sorry.

The ignorance of him doing so is something that is beneath a national hero like Neil. He doesn't tolerate stupidity like this, and he is from a different era where things were done differently. I know him personally (his family and mine are close). He wouldn't lower himself to even bother with the idiotic moon-hoaxer crap one bit. He knows that anyone interested in it doesn't have the intelligence to understand reality, so screw it, he doesn't give two craps about those idiots.

Where did you get such nonsense from? Seriously, did you read is on the internet from some stupid blog or something?!? This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard someone say about the whole moon hoax thing, and it tells us VOLUMES about your ability to even investigate the reality you live in. You sir, are ignorant. You sir, are being misled by your ignorance. You sir, are being used as an "useful idiot". Your parents must be proud.

His only public statement occurred at the 25 Apollo anniversary where he cryptically referred to "uncovering truths protective layers".

Please stop, now your only embarrassing yourself.

For crying out loud, this again? Seriously?

I must have missed that day in school. I was taught otherwise. You must have went to public school. That would explain your post. I am sorry you had a miserable education. Thankfully, there is the internet, which you have access to. A GREAT tool when used wisely. In these days, there is no excuse for your ignorance given the FREE tools at your disposal. That makes your ignorance even more embarrassing because it must then be willful and deliberate

There has been no need to get any more major information from the moon for the time being. For all the rovers and crap we have sent to Mars, we got the same amount of information about the Moon during Apollo. Mars program is playing catch up so to speak.

Yeah, so. What's your point with this statement? Is it to add to your conspiracy, or just something you wanted to say. There are very good reasons why we did this (and some really bad ones, I think it could have been done differently).

I would love to go on, and actually I did, but ran out of characters I could post. So I deleted it and will use your own word to close my post, as I couldn't have said it better:

It appears logic doesn't add up when applied to the moon.

Words to live by my friend..words to live by..........try it sometime, you might find there are conspiracies in the world that are real, but above your current level of understanding because your tied down by complete ignorance your demonstrating by your disbelief that humans went to the moon. There simply isn't enough evidence to think we didn't go there. Hell, even if you don't want to believe it you can only really say your disbelief is based on NOTHING CONCRETE (like religion) and it is something you CHOOSE to believe independent of reality (like religion).

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by freedommusic

What does this have to do with the OP?

Good for Buzz.

I never heard about the bribe part of this story before. Interesting.

Not true.

It was neither cryptic nor in reference to the Moon landing. It was a metaphor for the scientific method.

I'm not even sure what you mean by that. Do you mean a road atlas? There are many different atlases in a variety of scales available. There is even GoogleMoon, although that has a lot of problems because it was designed for children.

That is a fair enough description, unless you are interested in science.

The Soviets sent a couple but the results were disappointing. There will be a privately funded rover sent within the next few years.

What does one have to do with the other? The best way to find water under the surface is to throw a bit of the surface up into space.

See above.

- Buzz Aldrin is promoting manned missions to Phobos a moon of Mars. Apparently the moon is too uninteresting.

He has literally been there, done that.

They also lost an ISS freighter and two rounds of GLONASS GPS satellites.

No, there isn't.

If you mean they're both made out of rock, yes, they're similar. he lunar rocks are much older, drier and contain micrometeroid pitting.

No, it hasn't. It's in a vault. You're thinking of the infamous "missing telemetry tapes." At least inform yourself about the nonsense you believe.

Your post is an excellent example of that.

No, but discussing it here is completely off topic.

Why not start a new thread and explain how and why?

Well OFF COUrse you would deny everything, your logo is the moon, for gods sake. You are on their side.
Anyway, there is no moon anyway, its a huge spaceship, so technically you are not wrong.
I mean why do you think we have tides?
Geewizz, is t it obvious to you?
The aliens did it!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

totally a weather balloon filled with swamp gas reflecting off Venus.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
This would be very interesting if it was true. But I have one big issue with it: if there is a tower 5 miles high, why hasn't anyone seen it before or after?

There are many amateur astronomers who probably can afford better telescopes so why only this one sighting of this particular "tower".

If we got other sightings of the same area and tower, well that would be something wouldn't it?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

You know if another Country comes out with definitive proof of ancient structures (videos or pictures) on the moon, NASA (never a straight answer) will be gone the next day !

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join