It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

URGENT!!!! HUGE blusish flash x4 just NOW in sky~! comfirmed

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv
reply to post by FlySolo

Hey look everyone jerryznv is a smart ass who doesn't bother to think before he shoots his mouth off

Wow..name calling...off topic...one line post...awesome!

Did you read the link you provided..."in most jurisdictions"...that is not considered all now is it?

So...that being said...every single truck in our fire department is equipped with blue (as well as red) lights!

Are you disputing the picture...are those not blue enough?

Most people interpret the color of a lightbar to denote the type of vehicle or situation, but the relationship between color and service varies by jurisdiction. In North America the usual emergency colors are red and blue, with blue reserved for police in many jurisdictions. In western Europe the emergency color tends to be only blue, with amber as a warning color for construction equipment etc. In eastern Europe emergency vehicles use blue, or a combination of blue and red. In Asia the usual emergency color is red.

I'll add my ext text again seeing you got mod support and re-phrase my comment. Hey everyone, jerryznv thinks blue lights on fire trucks are used everywhere and has solved the mystery based on his ignorance of the importance of emergency identifiable lights. The OP said he saw blue lights, not red. Maybe you're color blind, but fire trucks always have red lights too regardless of jurisdiction having both

Not off topic either btw because you made the claim and I am disputing it.

edit on 19-1-2012 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by nitestrider
Yesterday afternoon I was coming home from work and there were a few dark clouds around. All of a sudden a huge blue flash went off, but it seemed like it was right infront of my eyes, like a blue flash across my face! I was like WTF was that! There was no lightning, no rain, no storm, just a few clouds. No other flashes happened.

Perth, Western Australia

Weird stuff. First time I'm reading about it. weird....

OP- congratulations for observing and posting a new strange phenomena that we can be entertained with! As long as it doesn't come to be more- we can put it in the 'entertaining light show' category.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

EMT's and volunteer fire fighters are also able to use blue lights in their personnel vehicles when responding to a situation. In this case I don't think that is what the op saw. As i stated before i believe it to be a phase to phase fault or a transformer failure. When something of that nature happens and you get arching of electricity it will light up the sky. Although these things are not very rare, unless you have experienced it before it can be quite shocking.(not intentional pun)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

I'll add my ext text again seeing you got mod support and re-phrase my comment. Hey everyone, jerryznv thinks blue lights on fire trucks are used everywhere and has solved the mystery based on his ignorance of the importance of emergency identifiable lights. The OP said he saw blue lights, not red. Maybe you're color blind, but fire trucks always have red lights too regardless of jurisdiction having both

No sir...I assure you I have solved no mystery at all!

I don't think blue lights are used on fire trucks everywhere...matter of fact I know they aren't...but they are widely used in combination with red (and white, yellow, etc...)!

I am not ignorant of the importance of emergency lights...as a matter of fact I would consider myself pretty knowledgeable in that area after spending 10 years as a volunteer firefighter and EMT!

I am not color blind at all...and I know what the OP said he saw and what color he claimed the sighting to be!

Now with all that out of the way...it is impossible to solve the mystery of the OP's sighting based solely on eye witness testimony...that has and always will be the case in instances such as this!

Living across the street from a fire station (as the OP stated he did) and fire trucks (some) having blue flashing lights...I just purposed that it was a relative possibility...most anything is when you are guessing...such as the case here...everyones guessing what the OP saw.

Your disputing my observations though are noted...and will go into my collective data base of debunking material!

edit on 19-1-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I just recieved an emergency text from spaceweather.com. I subscribe to this site and this is the strongest one I have seen. It reads as follows:
A Solar Flare on Jan 19th, 2012 has hurled a significant CME toward Earth. Geomagnetic storms are possible thru this weekend. Check spaceweather.com for details.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by govspy911

Yes..your right!

I don't think that is the explanation for the sighting the OP had though.

Here is the news on that one:

spaceweather.com...

EARTH-DIRECTED SOLAR FLARE: Active sunspot 1401 erupted today, Jan. 19th, between 15:15 and 16:30 UT. The long-duration blast produced an M3-class solar flare and a CME that appears to be heading toward Earth. This movie from the Solar Dynamics Observatory shows the extreme UV flash:

NASA's twin STEREO spacecraft recorded an impressive CME emerging from the blast site: movie #1, movie #2. Analysts at the Goddard Space Weather Lab confirm that the CME is heading for Earth, and they say strong geomagnetic storms are possible (although not guaranteed) when the cloud arrives this weekend. Their animated forecast track predicts an impact on Jan. 21st at 22:30 UT (+/- 7 hrs).

edit on 19-1-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

ETA: It's good to know that during......

The wife and I had this conversation a few days ago. We agreed that in the event of any of the forementioned, I will post here and she will simultaneously post to *** THE WEBSITE WHICH SHALL NOT BE NAMED!! ***.

That should cover all the bases..LMAO

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Tholidor

Of all the things we talk about here on ATS, the one thing that cannot be mentioned is a freaking website? ...I'm sorry, but that's just hilarious.

edit on CThursdaypm252513f13America/Chicago19 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by govspy911

"...Apparently, the sun has thrown off some flares which will affect the magnetic fields of our planet, resulting in some very flashy electrical situations in our atmosphere. Stay tuned..." ...Aaaannnnddddd that explains everything. Have a good night folks.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by Tholidor

Of all the things we talk about here on ATS, the one thing that cannot be mentioned is a freaking website? ...I'm sorry, but that's just hilarious.

edit on CThursdaypm252513f13America/Chicago19 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

Sad but true.....links to that site and all but the most in passant references to it result in banning.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by outandopen

If the transformer actually blew, yes but it could sit there and arc without it actually blowing up. In that case it would just buzz. It's not actually electricity that makes transformers blow up. They are filled with a sort of mineral oil that under extreme heat and pressure breaks down into actolyne. (igniting gas used in cutting torches). This gas is extremely flammable and when ignited blows **** up. In most cases the pressure will release through pressure valves and the transformer won't get to that point. In most transformer failures it will just sit there and arc until the recloser ( circuit breaker) opens up. It doesn't end there though, the same recloser that opened it up will reclose energizing the line, giving you the arc and blue light again. This open and closing will keep happening until a specified amount of times before the recloser will become locked out (open and unable to close again). This is why he saw the blue light go on and off 3 or 4 times. They do this so if a tree limb makes contact and trips out a line it will reenergize itself so you dont call me crying about how you cant watch Jersey Shore. If you read what I posted before it sounds exactly like what happened. Sorry buddy what you saw wasn't anything paranormal just the electrical circuits doing what they are supposed to.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
reply to post by Komodo

Transformer blew. Almost bet ya.

Yeah, the first time I witnessed one blowing at night the first thing that come to mind was supernatural etc. because the way it lights the whole horizon up is like Wo!

I actually called our local news and asked if anyone else had called this in. The next day, in the daylight, I could see the evidence of it blowing up.
edit on 19-1-2012 by Gumerk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Weird that i just checked out this topic when i witnessed the same thing last night around 10 PM, i live in Western Washington just north of Seattle. There is also heavy snow as well and my first thoughts were of that snow thunder that someone posted about earlier, or a transformer blowing. The blue light flash literally lit up the whole sky around us as me and my friend were walking back to my house. We were under a large track of power lines at the time, so we decided to walk along the path where they were to see if it was indeed a transformer blowing, yet we couldn't find anything for about a mile or so. The light only flashed twice then stopped.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Wintchman11

Are there any trees near? Or was it windy? Because, if two wires are blown into one another you would see a similar arc. It would be hard to see any signs of damage due to the black insulation on the wires. Burn marks are really hard to pick out on lines like that unless you know what to look for.

edit on 19-1-2012 by StockdUp because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I live in Coventry, England and on 15th/16th January (not quite sure, I didnt really think it was of any importance until i saw this thread) I was finding it hard to get to sleep - as always recently. Just as i was dropping off, a huge light lit up the sky just as you described here, and this came through thick, dark brown window blinds. My brother, in a bed on the opposite side of the room, was also awoken by this but didnt mention anything, i just noticed as he stopped snoring and sat up. Anyone else in England notice anything like this around the 15/16th January?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
one time we were driving at nite and i was half asleep(i wasnt driving) and this huge light blue flash of lite come down from the sky and goes behind a mountain needless to say it woke me up my buddy and i looked at each other and were like what the f$%k was that. it was epic.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by StockdUp

There are trees surrounding the area, but there wasn't any wind at all
2nd line

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wintchman11

Ice and snow can make wires sag and can cause them to touch that way. When these things happen and you have an arc, things can get pretty knarly. I found a clip that's pretty good for an example.
Transformer Arc

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I just experienced a transformer blowing last week. I was standing outside of work waiting for my ride when there was a big bluish/whitish flash - it was sort of isolated coming from one direction and made a very loud electrical noise. I am ALL for the paranormal and I knew in an instant it was something electrical. It happened again shortly after and the light had decreased in impact dramatically. No one inside my work had noticed it, not the noise OR the light through the windows. And I had come to find I was particularly close to the actual transformer. So from the OP's post, I'm not sure I believe we experienced the same thing. Be interested to hear if any generator/transformer issues can be confirmed later because if not, he may have experienced something very interesting.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

I personally witnessed an event just like this about 6 months ago here in Virginia Beach. After some thought the only thing that made sense was a blown transformer, but it was so huge and it happened a few times. There were also no power outages at all anywhere.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join