It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

URGENT!!!! HUGE blusish flash x4 just NOW in sky~! comfirmed

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SweetSomnia

The op had power outages nearby.

Originally posted by Vandalour reply to post by Komodo but this light was so bright I felt it in my eyes umm.. if US is under some kind of High-altitude nuclear explosions (HANE) attack... it would be nice to know A high-altitude nuclear detonation produces an immediate flux of gamma rays from the nuclear reactions within the device. EMP incident accompanied a high-altitude nuclear test over the South Pacific and resulted in power system failures as far away as Hawaii. A large device detonated at 400�500 km over Kansas would affect all of CONUS. The signal from such an event extends to the visual horizon as seen from the burst point. any power failure in your area ? not here at the house.. that was the first thing that i thought it was.. but the house lights are still on.. and the guy walking past said his power was out..if it was a HANE my lights s/b out wouldn't they be ??

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

She may not have seen the CME, which takes time to reach Earth, but she may have been in a position to the the flash which would travel at light speed. I don't know her location but the flare occured around 11am EDT. It would nice to see an aurora off of this CME this weekend, though I am very far south. (NO, not in DIXIE)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv
Your disputing my observations though are noted...and will go into my collective data base of debunking material!

edit on 19-1-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

I'll take that as a compliment. Truce anyway seeing I consider myself to be a volunteer all around nice person. Just I didn't feel it necessary to be called out like that. Nice to make your acquaintance.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Well then...nice to make yours as well...I do appreciate your point...I am just a stickler to facts sometimes...no offense meant at all!

On topic: Would you agree that it could be a well orchestrated mistaken observation by the OP?

Not necessarily a hoax...but a unexplained phenomenon!

I know...a lot of adjectives in that...but its should cover about everything!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by govspy911

She may not have seen the CME, which takes time to reach Earth, but she may have been in a position to the the flash which would travel at light speed. I don't know her location but the flare occured around 11am EDT. It would nice to see an aurora off of this CME this weekend, though I am very far south. (NO, not in DIXIE)

Opps...did you mean to respond to someone else?

I don't know what "she" your talking about...certainly not my "she" as she right here beside me and knows nothing about this topic!

There is a thread about the CME that has flared...would you like me to link it for you?

ETA: Nevermind...here it is:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

I wanna see these posts....sheesh Im feeling left out

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Unless there are lots of them happening around the world and is becoming a bit of a net buzz, then I agree it could be anything. I really only came to this thread last night because I was reading about the "strange sound" phenomenon that is picking up momentum around the world and ATS. I was in a paranormal mood.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by 6Eyengineer
reply to post by Komodo

So jealous of all you hearing/seeing things in the sky lately. It's been about 10 years since I've seen anything strange in the sky..and when I did, thousands of others apparently witnessed it too..even made the news/radio here in Connecticut. Well whatever it was, keep us updated! You mentioned there was EMT/Fire rolled to whatever happened? Do you have a scanner? You need one!

I'm doing my best to keep everyone updated, but it seems even though I've posted at least 3x on my first update shortly after I did a walk about.. everyone still tells me .. it's a transformer~! without even reading my post about ZERO lights were out 3blocks behind my house..

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MCL1150
reply to post by Komodo

Here's a link for all to see: www.youtube.com...

THIS is exactly what I saw.. ! thx you MCL, but, it didn't last as long but THAT is not meteor or a transformer ~!!!! STAR definitely~!!

My experience PALES in comparison to this video .. for sure !!! WHAT IS THAT ~!!!????

edit on 19-1-2012 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

Unless there are lots of them happening around the world and is becoming a bit of a net buzz, then I agree it could be anything. I really only came to this thread last night because I was reading about the "strange sound" phenomenon that is picking up momentum around the world and ATS. I was in a paranormal mood.

That was my attraction too...I got caught up in the "strange sound" threads....and this seemed to be right in line!

As the momentum picks up though I am becoming more and more skeptical...just my nature I suppose!

I am always in the paranormal mood...and ATS has enough of that to spin circles on any other site on the net..but my personal experience has been that there has to be a lot of salt with that soup (so to speak)!

It is tough to sort through the mess at times...and this thread is a nice example!

I personally think we are at a stand still in this thread...without more information...we can't possibly know what the OP may or may not have seen...its just frustrating!

ETA: Starred you just for making common ground...let us agree to disagree at times!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by StockdUp

no, it was silent.. quiet as a mouse..

2nd

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Sounds like a plan. I will warn you though, I can be a bit annoying with my tenacity at times. See you in the threads. I'm out of this one for now.

Ciao

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Any word from the police or sheriffs department in your area?

Anything in the local paper?

Any word from the fire department?

Just trying to keep up with the updates...your eye witness account is provided....but I am curious as to response call in or around your area!

If there isn't any...well then we have you personal account!

In that case...I could start a thread about an alien knocking on my door and delivering my mail!

edit on 20-1-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by sPNZaH
I live in Coventry, England and on 15th/16th January (not quite sure, I didnt really think it was of any importance until i saw this thread) I was finding it hard to get to sleep - as always recently. Just as i was dropping off, a huge light lit up the sky just as you described here, and this came through thick, dark brown window blinds. My brother, in a bed on the opposite side of the room, was also awoken by this but didnt mention anything, i just noticed as he stopped snoring and sat up. Anyone else in England notice anything like this around the 15/16th January?

Thx for this..

but was it a transformer as many are on the band-wagon for this ..

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
reply to post by Komodo

I personally witnessed an event just like this about 6 months ago here in Virginia Beach. After some thought the only thing that made sense was a blown transformer, but it was so huge and it happened a few times. There were also no power outages at all anywhere.

thx for this .. confirmed.. not a transformer..but very well could be a geomagnetic storm, but i'm not an expert and haven't check YT for what a GMS looks like

2nd..

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
reply to post by Komodo

I wanna see these posts....sheesh Im feeling left out

sorry Goddess .. don't have FB any more..

2nd

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
reply to post by Komodo

I personally witnessed an event just like this about 6 months ago here in Virginia Beach. After some thought the only thing that made sense was a blown transformer, but it was so huge and it happened a few times. There were also no power outages at all anywhere.

thx for this .. confirmed.. not a transformer..but very well could be a geomagnetic storm, but i'm not an expert and haven't check YT for what a GMS looks like

2nd..

Are you kidding?

Confirmation of what...another eye witness?

You have a history of starting these threads with nothing more than your eye witness account!

Case in point: www.abovetopsecret.com... Another Alert...URGENT!!!

And I have repeatedly asked you for a location that I can check this out...and you are not providing that...why?

Do you have a problem with me contacting your local sheriffs department, fire department, police department, etc...?

You seem to be pretty tight lipped on that information...why?

edit on 20-1-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Ok, we've had alot of fun with this thread. Should someone now call this a "HOAX".

I would say thank you all who have contributed to this thread, and may we say thank you to the OP for it.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by crappiekat
Ok, we've had alot of fun with this thread. Should someone now call this a "HOAX".

I would say thank you all who have contributed to this thread, and may we say thank you to the OP for it.

Well that would be nice..."hoax" sounds about right...but with an eye witness account...and a sub...not likely....it will have to die on its own.

Flashing bright blue lights....I think it speaks for itself!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Yes, your right. "My bad"

I got alittle carrried away.

I just won the lottery!!!!!

Seriously I just won the lottery !
edit on 20-1-2012 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join