It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

URGENT!!!! HUGE blusish flash x4 just NOW in sky~! comfirmed

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Im not entirely sure, there are 2 rows of houses behind mine, something to do with a transformer is highly likely. Just thought i'd add my comment as it was a very peculiar thing to happen.

Also, a few years back, maybe 2006, i was on my school field when suddenly it turned from day to night for a split second, everything was pitch black, and i wasnt the only one to notice it. The whole school did! We got taken straight inside and we never found out what it was. Does anyone have a similar experiance and is there anyone that knows more about day turning to night rather than bright flashes?

edit on 20-1-2012 by sPNZaH because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by crappiekat

Ok, we've had alot of fun with this thread. Should someone now call this a "HOAX". I would say thank you all who have contributed to this thread, and may we say thank you to the OP for it.

Damn. If everything posted on ATS is a HOAX according to someone on this site... What the hell are we all doing on here? Why does ATS even exist?

Someone posts that they saw something quite out of the ordinary. If you don't want to believe them, then don't and maybe just stay out of it.

I hope the same the same happens to you when you experience something like this.

What goes around, comes around.

PS.
I'm really not trying to be mean, but I'm just trying to put myself in the OP's shoes. It must be frustrating.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Yes, you did say they were responding to a call, but you also stated later that you could simply walk across the street to the FD and ask, but you were going to sleep - I believe. I am simply saying that, if this event occurred near my house, hurt my eyes, and I could get some info simply by walking across the street, I would and I find it strange that isn't what most everyone would do.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Hey guys, Im so sorry to have cut off my responses's. But seriously, I won the lottery. I will start a thread and tell you all about it once I figure out what it's all about.

In the mean time. I still stand by my conviction. This thread is a Hoax.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

In the video you posted it is most definitely an electrical fault. The camera man even states he heard buzzing. In no way am I trying to discredit what you saw but just trying to give you possible explanations. I think in my posts I sufficiently matched normal operations of the electrical circuit (something I have a lot of experience with) to things you have stated you experienced. Sometimes I think people are to quick to blame et's or paranormal for things they experienced instead of thnking about more earthly reasons. This goes both ways of course where skeptics refuse paranormal. I suggest reading everything I wrote and then applying it to your experience.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I wouldn't call it a hoax, just a misinterpretation of things seen.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I still stand by my conviction. This thread is a Hoax.

A conviction doesn't make it a fact. To be a hoax, the OP would have intentionally tried to troll us with lies. I don't think this is the case.

I am convinced that the OP has seen effects of blowing transformers. But my conviction doesn't make it a fact either.

Could it have been something else? Could be...I wasn't there ! So, I can only give my opinion on what is described. Like everyone else. This thread is not a hoax.

edit on 20-1-2012 by SonoftheSun because: grammar

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tripple_Helix

Ok, we've had alot of fun with this thread. Should someone now call this a "HOAX". I would say thank you all who have contributed to this thread, and may we say thank you to the OP for it.

Damn. If everything posted on ATS is a HOAX according to someone on this site... What the hell are we all doing on here? Why does ATS even exist?

Someone posts that they saw something quite out of the ordinary. If you don't want to believe them, then don't and maybe just stay out of it.

I hope the same the same happens to you when you experience something like this.

What goes around, comes around.

PS.
I'm really not trying to be mean, but I'm just trying to put myself in the OP's shoes. It must be frustrating.

thx TH,

it is frustrating and all I've tried to do is get the word out that I saw something that is not a transformer and even others on this thread have posted videos of the same thing i saw.. so i guess the whole world is hoaxing this..

Deeply appreciate the support! gonna update the thread in a bit..

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812
reply to post by Komodo

Yes, you did say they were responding to a call, but you also stated later that you could simply walk across the street to the FD and ask, but you were going to sleep - I believe. I am simply saying that, if this event occurred near my house, hurt my eyes, and I could get some info simply by walking across the street, I would and I find it strange that isn't what most everyone would do.

right.. well.. i'm not everyone and since I already did a walk around to check to see if there was anything out of the ordinary, no transformers were blown nor were their any lights off on ANY of the streets that I saw.. so .. going to the FD and saying I saw intense lights but walked 3 blocks ...and didn't see lights out or transformers blown...

seemed to be a mute point ..

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
**update**..

After practicing for worship service today for this coming Sunday, at a friends house, we were shooting the breeze afterwards, he asked me if anything was new since we haven't practiced together in a while because of the snow we had this week.

I told him about the lights I saw and he looked at me while jerking back his head a bit in shock and about to tell him the time on Wednesday morning .. what shocked me as he interrupted me and asked .. "wait...at around 5am ? cuz' at 5am, I got up to go the bathroom and looked out the window and the sky lit up green and I thought I was just seeing things." I said "yes.. at 5am."

we just looked at each other for a second in silence and he asked me what I thought it was and told him I really had no idea what it was but that there were no lights out around my block and all the street lights were on...

he lives 2.5miles from my house.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by sPNZaH
reply to post by Komodo

Im not entirely sure, there are 2 rows of houses behind mine, something to do with a transformer is highly likely. Just thought i'd add my comment as it was a very peculiar thing to happen.

Also, a few years back, maybe 2006, i was on my school field when suddenly it turned from day to night for a split second, everything was pitch black, and i wasnt the only one to notice it. The whole school did! We got taken straight inside and we never found out what it was. Does anyone have a similar experiance and is there anyone that knows more about day turning to night rather than bright flashes?

edit on 20-1-2012 by sPNZaH because: Spelling

yes.. a couple of years ago I've heard of this phenomenon was posted on ATS.. I definitely remember reading about it..

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Thats weird same thing me and my friends saw. It was a day after a snow storm at around 7 P.M. We were around the Woodnville, WA area and some people were tryin to say it was an aurora. Later in the distance my friends saw BIG green flashes of light.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by legendatfabl
reply to post by Komodo

Thats weird same thing me and my friends saw. It was a day after a snow storm at around 7 P.M. We were around the Woodnville, WA area and some people were tryin to say it was an aurora. Later in the distance my friends saw BIG green flashes of light.

thx for posting this because I now know I'm not the only one experiencing this ..

2nd to be sure

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Hi all,

I'm in NY and I wanted to report a similar incident that occurred last night at around 5:45-6:00 pm. I was just sitting around playing Skyrim of all things, when I saw a bright, bright, BRIGHT greenish flash that lit up my entire room. No it was not the game. I had my shades all the way up and my room is on the upper floor, my chair is right next to the window. Basically I was sitting there playing with the lights off and I turned my head towards my dog because I thought he had gotten into something. In my mirror, which is directly across from the window, I saw the flash high in the sky. My initial reaction was that it was lightening, but then I remembered that lightening isn't green, and kind of rare this time of year. (?) I do admit it was raining and foggy last night though. Lightening also wouldn't last long enough for me to turn my head towards the window and be totally blinded by this light. It literally made me squint and turn my face. I even thought fireworks for a second as I braced myself for some kind of explosion to happen that never occurred....the light was accompanied by no sound at all. Who lights off fireworks in the rain anyway? Thinking back I thought there may have been some kind of hissing sound right before or during, but I'm inclined to believe that part may just be my imagination...or the game. lol The duration of the incident was about 3-6 seconds, I'm not sure if it was one flash or a couple. I got up and looked out the window after expecting fire, smoke or outages. There were lights on everywhere close that I could see and no fires. I did hear a very loud buzzing that lasted for about the same amount of time as the light show. Far off where I'm used to seeing lights in the hills I thought it was completely dark. I immediately thought back to this thread and ran around my house telling everyone a transformer blew and it was all dark in the neighboring town. My brother also reported that the bathroom lights flickered and he also heard the buzzing, but did not see the light. My fiance actually called the local precinct to see if they had any calls, should have called the FD, but we didn't think of it at the time. They said that they did not but their lights also flickered. So naturally everyone gets in the car and we go out searching because I am convinced a transformer blew somewhere. By this time there are sirens going off and it sounded like they stopped close to my house. The area that I thought was dark was brightly lit, visibility was low from my window apparently because of the fog. There are lights on everywhere and now I'm feeling like an ass. Never found out where the firetrucks/police/whatever went because we had to drop off my brother to a friend who live in a different direction, by the time we were done doing that it was time for us to go meet some friends as well. I heard fire engines the whole way going back to our friends who are in the same neighborhood as me, sounding like they were going in many different directions. We pull into my friends driveway and firetrucks seem to be coming that way.... FD literally a minute walk from a her house. On the next block over there seems so be something going on at one of the houses. No fire that we can see though. FD was there for about half an hour before they pulled away. My friend did not see/hear anything. I don't know if these incidents are connected, but that area would have been in the general direction of the flash I saw.

I'm rushing through this because I have to get to work.... but I wanted to add that there has been nothing on local news about outages or transformers and far as I know, but I haven't looked all that hard since I'm in a rush.

Will check back later to see if anyone has any ideas about what I saw.

My Local News

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Thx you SO much for posting this !!! Star for sure!

(added paragraphs for better readability).

I'm in NY and I wanted to report a similar incident that occurred last night at around 5:45-6:00 pm. I was just sitting around playing Skyrim of all things, when I saw a bright, bright, BRIGHT greenish flash that lit up my entire room. No it was not the game. I had my shades all the way up and my room is on the upper floor, my chair is right next to the window.

Basically I was sitting there playing with the lights off and I turned my head towards my dog because I thought he had gotten into something. In my mirror, which is directly across from the window, I saw the flash high in the sky. My initial reaction was that it was lightening, but then I remembered that lightening isn't green, and kind of rare this time of year. (?)

I do admit it was raining and foggy last night though. Lightening also wouldn't last long enough for me to turn my head towards the window and be totally blinded by this light. It literally made me squint and turn my face. I even thought fireworks for a second as I braced myself for some kind of explosion to happen that never occurred....the light was accompanied by no sound at all.

Who lights off fireworks in the rain anyway? Thinking back I thought there may have been some kind of hissing sound right before or during, but I'm inclined to believe that part may just be my imagination...or the game. lol The duration of the incident was about 3-6 seconds, I'm not sure if it was one flash or a couple. I got up and looked out the window after expecting fire, smoke or outages. There were lights on everywhere close that I could see and no fires. I did hear a very loud buzzing that lasted for about the same amount of time as the light show.

Far off where I'm used to seeing lights in the hills I thought it was completely dark. I immediately thought back to this thread and ran around my house telling everyone a transformer blew and it was all dark in the neighboring town. My brother also reported that the bathroom lights flickered and he also heard the buzzing, but did not see the light. My fiance actually called the local precinct to see if they had any calls, should have called the FD, but we didn't think of it at the time. They said that they did not but their lights also flickered.

So naturally everyone gets in the car and we go out searching because I am convinced a transformer blew somewhere. By this time there are sirens going off and it sounded like they stopped close to my house. The area that I thought was dark was brightly lit, visibility was low from my window apparently because of the fog. There are lights on everywhere and now I'm feeling like an ass. Never found out where the firetrucks/police/whatever went because we had to drop off my brother to a friend who live in a different direction, by the time we were done doing that it was time for us to go meet some friends as well.

I heard fire engines the whole way going back to our friends who are in the same neighborhood as me, sounding like they were going in many different directions. We pull into my friends driveway and firetrucks seem to be coming that way.... FD literally a minute walk from a her house. On the next block over there seems so be something going on at one of the houses. No fire that we can see though. FD was there for about half an hour before they pulled away. My friend did not see/hear anything. I don't know if these incidents are connected, but that area would have been in the general direction of the flash I saw.

edit on 1-2-2012 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join