It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's time to demand answers about these "strange sounds"

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Themaninwhite
reply to post by jsettica

Interesting. Maybe "somebody" are trying to draw our attention to Voyager www.dailytelegraph.com.au...

You never know i mean we did send out Voyager for a specific reason... you never know

edit on 18-1-2012 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
It's a hoax, a hoax. The same exact audio track, sometimes slightly edited, was added to random unrelated videos across the world. It even has the same damn bird sounds in many of them. How are people just ignoring this fact just because they want to believe war of the worlds or some other nonsense is happening? Do people not know how easy it is to add an audio track into a video and upload it into youtube????

Why do we need to make 10 more threads when there's already 10 about the same thing? Does everyone need a piece of star and flag train or something? This site is so frustrating sometimes.
edit on 18-1-2012 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by AuranVector

Originally posted by nitro67
This is all so frustrating to those of us that have heard this. Let me make one thing clear: What I heard I would not wish anyone to have to hear. What I experienced was not something positive and I do not care at all about how tough you may think you are, or how fearless you think you are, this sound will scare you #less. Of course these youtube vids can be easily faked. It would take me about five minutes to make one using a synth program like fruity loops and a video of me pointing the camera at the sky...and of course there are many logical sources of low frequency sounds like trains, planes, automobiles, factories to name a few. We, the people who have experienced this, are not fools. I am sure every person that has experienced this has ran all of the possible explanations through their minds over and over again, and has eliminated all possible mundane sources such as those I previously suggested. This phenomena has a history. It is not just fracking or NASA cloud machines, yes those things make noises similar to those we are describing, but when you take all the facts into account, particularly the location where the noises are heard and the time they are heard, fracking and cloud machines are not a possibility. Sure some people who read these stories and watch the vids are apt to freak out and think that the train down the road is a cloaked mothership, but we are not talking about those people. Like I said this noise has a history...look into the Barisal Guns and the Taos Hum for starters...please look at these links (also my signature thread) for more relevant and revelatory info into this: www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
mysteriousuniverse.org...
journal.borderlands.com...

Hearers does what this women describes at 3:40 "sound" familiar?

Kelly Cahill's description sounds accurate: "I felt this energy go through me ... like a low-level frequency that came in waves, but it was so dense that I could actually physically feel it going through my body and that feeling absolutely terrified me ...."
edit on 18-1-2012 by AuranVector because: (no reason given)

LOL I live 15 minutes from Hallam - belgrave road where she says she had the encounter. Mind you its a pretty long road and near monbulk so maybe i might take a drive down there.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by JTK2000
reply to post by voyger2

I dont have journalist or a radio station in my area, the city is 20 miles away called Gadsden. I don't know if some1 at work did record the sound with their cellphone but I'll ask and see if they got it.

let's wait then

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Demand answers from the government? Really? And they have been so good about giving us answers about the UFO phenomena...

First, we need to make sure that these videos are even real. The recent Canadian video, appears to be a couple loggers looking up at trees for cutting down. You can see the chain saw in one of the guys hands at the beginning of the video. These sounds can be easily dubbed in to a video.

Im not saying that they are or are not real, but, I would love to see the actual videogapher's speaking up, not just, "hey, I just found this video, so i am going to post it on youtube."

So far, the only one that I trust is real, is the video from Florida. On that occasion, even NOAA posted a statement about it.
If this is a real phenomena, then, it is pretty damn scary.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by darkest4

So in to 1800's it was a hoax also? Read earlier post by me. Look up the 911 calls during the Virginia quake. Look at the report the alert system put out. Again read! read! read!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by McGinty

You nailed it.

Aliens picked up Voyager, cracked the sound format, and are using the sounds to initiate contact with us. TPTB know this, so they are using worldwide b-roll footage that doesn't match up along with the exact same audio file in an attempt to create bad fakes, which will give us a reason to doubt all of it.

This is to buy them time to figure out how they want to handle disclosure, which now, they have to do. Otherwise, why would people who have the expertise (admittedly, not all that much required) to rip an audio track, change some of the characteristics, and layer it onto another video file not realize that THE FAMILY WALKING 5 FEET IN FRONT OF THE CAMERA ISN'T REACTING TO THE SCARE-THE-LIVING-#-OUT-OF-YOU SOUND!?!?!?!?

Sorry for the caps. I just feel that if it were a viral marketing thing, as has already been stated, it would have a higher production value. I really don't know what to make of all of this....there are firsthand accounts that we can either believe or not, there are obvious false videos out there, and no one is talking about this, which might mean it's fake, or that it's real.

I can't crack this, not even well enough to stop thinking about it.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
these sounds have always been there you have just now begun to listen

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkest4
It's a hoax, a hoax. The same exact audio track, sometimes slightly edited, was added to random unrelated videos across the world. It even has the same damn bird sounds in many of them. How are people just ignoring this fact just because they want to believe war of the worlds or some other nonsense is happening? Do people not know how easy it is to add an audio track into a video and upload it into youtube????

Why do we need to make 10 more threads when there's already 10 about the same thing? Does everyone need a piece of star and flag train or something? This site is so frustrating sometimes.

Sorry I'm not buying the hoax theory now. Too many people have heard the sound with their own ears. The sound has been heard all over the world. Some person is not going to travel the world making sounds that are vibrating houses and waking people from their sleep. The noise seems to also be originating from the sky.

If this was a hoax, it would be the most expensive and most elaborate hoax in history.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
there is no truth in the goverment , if you ask them a guestion all you will get is a lie told by a liar

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkest4

I've said this in other threads, I'll say it again.

The fact that a great deal of video evidence is an obvious fabrication does not negate any possibilities. Furthermore, you'd have to discount some first-hand accounts (which I might decide to do, I'm undecided) from people on this site.

The audio track and bad b-roll alignment does not, by itself, prove or disprove anything other than the videos in question are phony. They're not even good attempts, which may or may not be a clue.

I agree, the evidence seems murky at this point. It's also, by nature, kind of hard to believe that anything which could cause that noise (natural or otherwise) could even happen, since it's way outside my frame of reference. You could tell me it's harmonic resonance from some magnetic hoopty-doop and prove that, and my mind would still be blown.

However, I tend to be trusting of other people, so I'm given pause when people say they've heard it. I may decide that they are just having fun with us, or I may not. That said, adding to the echo chamber by stating what has been stated in every thread multiple times while chastising us for being dumb or star-hungry really doesn't help, and isn't any better than multiple threads on the same topic, is it?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by oldrockinchair
there is no truth in the goverment , if you ask them a guestion all you will get is a lie told by a liar

I'm convinced that if some news outlet aired the footage in the movie "Signs" we'd see youtube videos of the alien running through Best Buy while people are buying ipod nanos within the hour, courtesy of the DoD.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Hi all. I think these may be plasmawaves. Take a look at this University of Iowa site, particularly the recording for the "cusp" sound.

www-pw.physics.uiowa.edu...

link   
reply to post by blangger

Interesting, and thank you for your post. Atmospheric ducting is def a possibility to explain these phenomena and especially with how warm of a winter we've been having. I just don't ever recall in ham radio training (never did pass the morse code part of the test)anyone stating that loud sounds would be a byproduct of it. Ham radio communities would be a great place to see if there's been an abundance of ducting recently.

link   
Did anyone see this? I found it by doing a news search on Yahoo.

It was a news gathering site:

news.gather.com...

There's a video there, too, of a purported UFO.

Sorry I can't read the whole thread.....

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by L00kingGlass
Sorry I'm not buying the hoax theory now. Too many people have heard the sound with their own ears. The sound has been heard all over the world. Some person is not going to travel the world making sounds that are vibrating houses and waking people from their sleep. The noise seems to also be originating from the sky.

If this was a hoax, it would be the most expensive and most elaborate hoax in history.

Yes, because uploading you tube videos is so expensive and elaborate.
The one thing this hoax is doing is proving what ATS is all about recently - promoting ignorance.
edit on 18-1-2012 by Enlightenme1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evil_Santa

that reinforces what i have said about strong winds! It's a closed space, so the potencial for wind sound it's more higher because of a simple law of geophysics.. The air in a confined place, normaly is much more hot than the outside, so, the cold air tends to rush in replacing the hot one... i think is that simple

edit on 18-1-2012 by voyger2 because: i only read your edit after this

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I've asked in a few forums already to no avail could it be the slow shifting noise of tectonic plates reflecting off the ozone layer if that's possible ?

And could these noises explain the dead bird phenom [ gasses escaping ] from minute cracks in the earths crust then closing as fast as they opened .

I'm to the mind that gas escaping is the reason for most tragedies in the Bermuda triangle and Dragons triangle large pockets of methane or natural gas could envelope a ship or plane and bring it down instantly in my humble hem opinion as it could also bring down large flocks of birds poisoning them or screwing up their flight knowledge fora time causing them to fly into things and each other .

I believe we can as humans use natural resources to the point we could shrink some core layers of our planet causing natural shifts in the basic structure of tectonic plates as i have no evidence of this it is just a personal theory .

I'm not a tree hugger or an earth firster but i do through common sense thinking know we can as humans take things for granted way to often and our planet has been taken for granted for way to long like any living being it needs rest and relaxation to replenish the things we expect of her ....

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
If anyone ever has this happen. instead of making a long video/recording from one location, send 4 people out to 4 compass points and see if it gets louder in an attempt to isolate the source. If you can triangulate where the sound is coming from, that will give you a better idea where it is! Once you do so, start coming in to the center. (I like my “cloaked ship scenario). Once you do so, start lobbing rocks at the position of the sound. (just be careful not to throw stuff at your friends across the way! Hehe)! Of course, video tape EVERYTHING…!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10

Originally posted by lyons666

Nightline..Oct. 17,2011 Great video here of ABC news report!
abcnews.go.com... -guess-what-causes-the-mysterious-hum/

But the hum is something quite different. These claimed sounds were not hums by any stretch of the imagination.

I claim nothing with this statement.
The sounds have been described as booming, shaking, vibrations, humming, weird pressure, many things all seemingly coming from the sky. There are accounts of local news media getting reports from local citizens in several places on the web. There have been accounts of local government responses and military responses to citizens questions.

I live in Hampton Virginia. Twice these sounds have been reported by people living across the water from where I am located. These sounds were in Virginia Beach, Norfolk, and on the Eastern Shore. Some thought that the sounds were coming from the water but most thought it came from the sky.

This is a military saturated area with NAS Oceana right there in VaBeach and they fly fighter jets. On my side is Langley AFB and they fly fighter jets.

The local governments have insisted on no fly zones and no boom zones over residential areas. Some of those laws worked against us during the Bracht commission studies.

After the reports the military was contacted and they denied any sonic flights over the areas in question.
Those areas would be along the water front from about Cape Charles to Va Beach if you care to look at a Virginia coastal map.

These reports were responded to by local media an ABC/Fox affiliate, the local government, and the federal government, through local military officials. What more could be asked regarding media attention and governmental responses. At least on the local level this is not being ignored. As to whether it is being addressed honestly, that is another question.
edit on 18-1-2012 by karen61057 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join