It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RUSSIA: Attack on Tehran is an Attack on Moscow

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

link   
reply to post by blackmirage0311

the name?

link   

link   

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Fact of the matter is, the allies of the US could not stand alone. They need the US, just as the US needs them for support. If it was easy for Russia/China to take out the US, they could do so and not have to worry about retaliation. Russia and China have the second and third largest military in the world. They would not have to fear much retaliation from the likes of the UK and other tiny allies.

Sorry for the late reply, I must have missed this.

I am sure the commonwealth nations would do quite well without the US. List of commonwealth countries.

With India, Pakistan, South Africa, United Kingdom all having Nuclear Weapons (except South Africa which was the first nation in the world which voluntarily gave up nuclear arms it had developed itself), and combined population of over 2 billion people....I'm sorry, what was your point again?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

I was more referring to specific US allies. Are the commonwealth nations all allies of the US? Excuse my ignorance on that matter. I don't remember the point I was making earlier LOL

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Hahaha, don't worry about it. It is late. I understand where you are coming from, although I don't know how you can support a government that attacked it's own citizens (9/11). All war sucks. No one should have to go to a different land and have to kill innocents when they are sent there as innocents as well.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

I understand what you're saying. I joined up before I learned all of the facts about 9/11 and saw documentaries like Loose Change (among others.) I never knew all the facts before that. But still, I feel like if I'm going to live in this country, I have to do something for it. I can always refuse an unlawful order if it's against the UCMJ.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

edit on 16-1-2012 by blackfoot0311 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
wow...before we entirely believe this lets look at a few clues as to whjy Moscow would say such a thing

SCO - "Shanghai Cooperation Organisation" is an intergovernmental mutual-security organisation which was founded in 2001 in Shanghai by the leaders of China, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan.

Iran is an observor state. BUT, the SCO stated that any country under U.N. sanctions cannot be admitted.
interesting.

another idea is that the US is rapidly encroaching towards mainland Russia, having invaded Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, instigated social unrest in Tunisia and Egypt, drone strikes in Pakistan and Yemen, naval skirmishes off Somalia, heightened tensions in the Black Sea from the South Ossetia conflict (which Russia knows that Georgia launched that attack on behalf of the US) and now Syria and Iran.

is it any wonder actually? lol..

You are right. And, I think that Seriously speaking I believe that if Russia as a whole was so intimated by the USA's democracy they would have long ago intervened on the progress of American globalization.

That being said I think that possibly the Russian Federation in many ways welcomes America's globalization and it's spread of democracy. This holds true in light of the the general population of the Russian Federation and indeed many factions and representatives of its government.

-Alien

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
ATTENTION ALL!

Can we please stop comparing sizes and discuss the actual topic at hand!

RUSSIA: Attack on Tehran is an Attack on Moscow

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

I never saw this post. I only have one question. When did I manage to lead you to believe I was "privy" to any kind of information? All I said was it doesn't make sense for any country - regardless of who they are - to randomly launch hundreds of nukes at anyone.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

What I don't see is Iran running around starting conflicts around the globe to usher in this end time scenario, Christians also have a belief that Jesus will return during times of global conflict,

So please remind me again which are the mad men?

Ask Romney what the Mormon end time scenario is. Mormons believe that end time will come when a Mormon is elected president.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4

Originally posted by michael1983l
Russia can huff and Russia can puff but it won't be able to blow the house down. Russia is massive yet its Military budget is smaller than the UK's. They do not have enough forces to be offensive outside bullying a country like Georgia. If it came to it NATO could take Russia out along with Syria and Iran.

Nothing personal here, but your way of thinking is dangerous I think! They don't need to have superiour
conventional forces, They have loads and loads of huge Nukes.
Now are we to gamble the life of millions and millions of people, that they will back down and not
get involved.

They backed down over the Cuban missile crisis, they were in wrong then, I ,personally don't think they are in the wrong this time.

It's about time America backed down for once. As for Israel i have come to loathe that little maggot country.

If there were no Israel the world would be a far healthier place.

edit on 15-1-2012 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

Agreed. I am sick of Israel too. The more I look into their current policies and what they having been doing over the past decades, the more I am shocked to learn that the people that were once oppressed and tyrannized have themselves in many ways become like their previous oppressors. In my opinion there is very little to sympathize with.

Interesting to note is how US and Israeli policies throughout the Middle-East have been basically the only instigator of Muslim radicalization. I mean what we are seeing, these angry Arabs wishing to destroy us is nothing but the direct result of brutal Western policies led by sheer greed. In that sense I think Ron Paul is one the best politicians ever. (for the rest I totally disagree with him on everything)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
Good. It's about time Russia stepped in to stop this nonsense. I can't believe that Russia is the voice of reason. No way is the US going to attack now, our only hope is that they will not be stupid enough to be drawn in if Israel attacks first. If Iran attacks first (which it hasn't yet under massive provocation) than I hope Russia doesn't back them. Either way, I hope this isn't a nuclear war.

“Once KGB always KGB”…… Vladimir Putin.

As of June 27, 2010 the FBI in the US apprehended 10 alleged Russian spies, an eleventh alleged spy was apprehended on behalf of the FBI in Cyprus but managed to skip bail and disappeared. Several of those arrested have to date confessed of being Russian citizens and or, working for “today’s” KGB. Further investigations are in progress
During a press interview with President Putin, a reporter referred to his career as an ex KGB agent, Putin laughed and said there is no such a thing as an ex KGB, “Once KGB always KGB”.
Furthermore, subsequently Putin repeatedly declared publicly that “the collapse of the Soviet Union was tragically the world’s greatest geopolitical catastrophe of the 20th century”. At least the man never hid his nostalgia for the Evil Empire, (“OOPS”, Freudian slip), the Soviet Union. Apparently Putin’s statements were largely ignored by the US as well as Europe with the exception of the Poles, Czechs, Estonians, etc. i.e. all those who had a close up taste of the Evil Empire.

In November 2008 Russian President Dmitri Medvedev visited Chavez in Venezuela as well as Raoul and Fidel Castro signing agreements for economic and military cooperation. Could it be that this is part of Putin’s nostalgia for the Soviet Union’s 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis.

www.haltglobalterrorism.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
The US has no real issue with Iran.

It is the Zionist lobby in the US that is pressing for an attack on Iran and thereby creating an Issue with Russia.

We can not discuss this issue without including the fact that US foreign policy is dictated by an eleite group that runs both the US and Israel.

There is a 50 / 50 chance that if Russia nuked Israel and did it quickly enough and well enough so there were virtually no complainers left to yap to the US, that US would just say, "Right then, don't have to worry about those little beggers anymore." and send Russia a couple of containers of champagne for a job well done and call it a day.

Don't tell any of the Zionists this but 90% of the world's population would just as soon have a planet in which there was no Israel.

Of course Netanyahu is a liar as Sarkozy and Obama agreed but I wish they would go further, admit that in public and add the Zionism is a fraud and Israel should have never been created in the first place.

Israel is the problem.

Originally posted by rigel4

Originally posted by blackmirage0311
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Those subs are not a threat.

Could you explain to us why the a "Typhoon class" SSBN is not a threat.

Armament: 1 × 9K38 Igla SAM
2 × 650 mm (26 in) torpedo tubes
• RPK-7 Vodopad AShMs
• Type 65K torpedoes
4 × 533 mm (21 in) torpedo tubes
• RPK-2 Viyuga cruise missiles
• Type 53 torpedoes[2]
D-19 launch system
• 20 × RSM-52 SLBMs
Notes: Ships in class include: TK-208[3] TK-202 TK-12[4] TK-13 TK-17[5] TK-20[6] TK-210

edit on 15-1-2012 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-1-2012 by BRAVO949 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-1-2012 by BRAVO949 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join