It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RUSSIA: Attack on Tehran is an Attack on Moscow

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

This nation's government deserves no diplomatic policy. Their government and their religious counsel needs to be invaded and killed.

And you have a cross with angel wings as your avatar? Either your a Christian...ardent at that, who genuinely believes he/she will go to heaven with an attitude like this...or your avatar is symbolic of your sarcasm...

Either way, no one deserves to be invaded and killed as you so aptly put it. Diplomacy is the answer. Working together, it can be achieved and you all know it can!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010I wouldn't downplay their abilities either and call them a nothing. With over 200 nuclear weapons, first strike capability nuclear submarines and the top of line equipment and trained soldiers, they may be the little brother in some respects, but don't fool yourself, they are one of the big power players on the scene.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
We really ought to be slowing down here, friends, and-- forgive me for saying so, but perhaps a reintroduction of that old Kissinger line of 'realpolitik' in the Nixon White House of the 70's needs to rear its head on this one.

For those who know, realpolitik is a concept that predates Nixon's Administration, but it was "triangular diplomacy" that opened Communist China to the West, and made credible discussion even possible with the Soviets...

So what it is we're facing now, is a similar scenario, whereby such factors are not in the least 'malfactors'-- despite what the corporate news-media would have us believe-- but rather, the nations of power are those most on the defensive.

So the realpolitik is who'll be pragmatic enough in the coming US Elections to for-go national sensibilities, and induce a kind of 'geopolitical wrangling' to get progress away from 'nukes' and onto the famed 'roadmap for peace.'

The 'roadmap' of course, applying to the Middle East crisis, but clearly on par with wider regional instabilities.

An 'Axis of Evil' this is not.

But, as Kissinger once said, "'Its geopolitics in action..."

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Just a quick message for SOME Americans on this thread.

Please stop with the whole "We'll wipe them out" talk, the whole "We're the best, we could win any war" rubbish.

Because I don't think you realize what it would intel. First, yeah, they may win, but at what cost? The death of American soldiers, some of your family and friends who would die fighting for their country. The same way the Russians would if it came to it.

The people who make the deicions of war, aren't the ones who suffer. The same way all the people here who are harping on about how the US Military are so great, won't suffer when the soldiers out fighting, will be killing and being killed.

So before you go on about how your military is so amazing, think for a second, because the ones who actually have to go out and fight, are the INNOCENT people fighting for their countries and beliefs. It's ignorant to just go on about "out military are so good", because that's what kids do in playgrounds, try to look all big and bad, but it comes back to bite you in the a$$

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

I guess you havent done much research into the Iranian government and its leaders. They are all radical.

Also , only my God is perfect , i am not. If i become too much of a burden the good Lord will remove me , but i have my own opinion regarding Iran's government. They need to go.

Also , this isn't a religious argument regarding my beliefs. Their government believes in ushering Armageddon which will reveal their Imam. Do not be one of those that changes the entire subject of a thread.

You have 1400 post. I guess it is too much for you to keep a thread on Topic?

The Russian government is also a radical government and are just as liable as Iran when supporting terrorist. You dont help direct an attack on America and hide behind an Ally that is just as guilty as you are and pretend dumb.
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

We know Russia likes to play both sides, but since mostly all of the Nuclear equipment came from Russia, and there are Russia scientists in house over in the Iranian sites. It would make sense for Russia to consider it an attack against them but... I wonder, what does Russia have to gain?

I suspect Russia doesn't want a War in the middle east .... yet.

Russia has started an arm race against the west, and is preparing for a war. You might say, that Russia is currently on Defcon 2, on a scale of 1-4. It's not "red alert" yet, but close. And the reason for this, is NOT Iran, but the fact that the US is putting up missile bases in Europe, despite talks of disarmament. All these missiles are directed AGAINST Russia, which has prompted them to develope and put into action missiles, that can penetrate the European and US defence systems.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

yep, Its always the other countries that are the baddies....

List of wars involving the US

Have you ever thought it might be your country that's the "Baddy" ?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
The Russian government is also a radical government and are just as liable as Iran when supporting terrorist. You dont help direct an attack on America and hide behind an Ally that is just as guilty as you are and pretend dumb.

Is that the "Iran aided 9/11" arguement?

What assylum did you escape from?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ken10

Most of those conflicts arnt even wars. They are kinetic actions. People are going to be surprised when a War comes around and hundreds of thousands of US soldiers and millions of enemy soldiers lay dead and 1/3 of the worlds population is dead.

You don't know what war is.

Also , i scanned through that list ... research that list and tell me what you find because most of these war were provoked or us establishing a democratic regime with support from their civilized population.

Also , you know why Rome fell? Because it became disinterested in the world outside their borders. You don't own a nation with wealth and power of the US and not be very interested and actively involved in the world around you.

So many foolish people who do not understand Military Science.

You cannot be a powerful nation sitting in your own borders. If the US were not a powerful nation. Most of you would be either speaking German , or under Communist rule right now.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
russia has nothing over the usa.

the usa military would crush them.

this is posturing and chest beating from
russia thats all. they can do nothing
about it it is all talk.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn

Is that the "Iran aided 9/11" arguement?

What assylum did you escape from?

Hahaha.

Man they are now trying to link Iran even with 9/11.

US Propaganda machine is lol.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

I guess you havent done much research into the Iranian government and its leaders. They are all radical.

The US and UK government are also radical...your point being what exactly? Is your point that if you are radical you deserve to die?

Also , only my God is perfect , i am not. If i become too much of a burden the good Lord will remove me , but i have my own opinion regarding Iran's government. They need to go.

And in god's eyes, we are all equal. I'm quite sure the Iranians also believe their god is perfect, not ours...so here we find ourselves in a per-cursor to war, for the sake of...my god's better than yours. There is too much extremity in religion, that also includes Christians...

Also , this isn't a religious argument regarding my beliefs. Their government believes in ushering Armageddon which will reveal their Imam. Do not be one of those that changes the entire subject of a thread.

No your right this isn't a religious argument but having an avatar that promotes Christianity and our god then spurting off comments that involve the death of other humans because they are "radical", brings this into a religious argument. Death should not be wished upon anyone, and if as you say, we become too much of a burden that god will take us away, why not leave the death wishes for him to manage?

You have 1400 post. I guess it is too much for you to keep a thread on Topic?

Feel free to alert the mods, its easy to do and I'm sure they can decide whether or not my opinion is on topic. ATS policing is effective without the need to comment on how many posts i have and whether i know how to stay on topic...

The Russian government is also a radical government and are just as liable as Iran when supporting terrorist. You dont help direct an attack on America and hide behind an Ally that is just as guilty as you are and pretend dumb

The US is the largest promoter of terrorism this world has ever seen. The US foreign policy will bring this planet into chaos. Russia, the UK, China, Iran, USA, France...they are all the same. I aint hiding behind anyone, i will speak the truth, but living in the bubble that the US are not an instigator of war is naive and ridiculous...good luck with that!!!

edit on 16/1/12 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
That point I made earlier, about the Kissinger use of realpolitiks during Nixon's Administration in the 70's, and how maybe we ought to see this matter from that more pragmatic approach, well, it now all seems fatalistic to say the least...

I did my research, as we all should do, and I recalled a ton of stuff on how Obama is considered pragmatic; and that Kissinger is even an adivsor to him! (I'm English by the way, so it adds to my perspective being outside of the US)

I have to admit, I remember reading this now on an earlier occassion, but in terms of whats going on, maybe what we're seeing is what we're MEANT to see...

In other words, as all gets rushed through the machinations of the modern corporate news-media, perhaps we're seeing policy in action, with the real 'war' being some unopened envelope-of-an-option should certain things NOT pan out...

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Who is more radical , iran for wanting an nuke as a deterrant to an invading force hell bent on plundering its natural resources.
Or a country who are determined to rule the world and kill everyone in it for profit
a country who has been in more "conflicts" than any other country in the last 10 years.
A country who send men and women to die based in lies

it seems as though the USA is far more radical in its foreign policy and approach to soverign nations
than Iran ever has or will be !

If this really is just about oil , then why woudl they nuke Iran , since nuking it would render the oil useless
as you wouldnt be able to collect it for at least 50 years
Iran should look into that as a fail safe, you destroy us we make sure no one gets our oil !

Either way I hope that nothing crazy happens , they should just all back down ,and enter into talks
iran should be allowed to have a nuke , as every other developed country has, regardless of their religious or political beliefs
they are useless , and nothing more than a deterrant , no civilised society would dare use a nuke now
only a mad man or a terrorist organisation, and so far ,I think only pakistan or israel have tried to sell nukes

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Radical Shiite leaders including the Ayatollah believe they can bring about the return of the "Mahdi" known to them as " Twelfth Imam, Muhammad al-Mahdi" who upon return will rule for a period of time and rid the world of wrongdoing injustice and tyranny... He is the redeemer of Islam.

Really, we gonna try this angle again.
By any chance , you watch the " I pledge allaiance to Israel debate" or listen to what Sanitorium has been saying lately. The rulers of Jesusland , formerly the USA, scare me more than any Muslim. They believe the Rapture will save their sorry butts, and the scary part, they DO have working nukes, lots of them.

But we've never once threatened to use them have we? When was the last time the US threatened to destroy an entire nation, "wiping it off the map"? And please don't give me that tired old excuse, "Ahmadinejad never said that." I personally know an Iraqi translator that speaks Persian and he told me that is EXACTLY what he said; MEMRI's translation was dead on. If you want to hold on to that lie, go ahead, no one is stopping you; but you're failing at "Denying Ignorance."

Now, getting to Russia. Instead of writing it out again, let me just say - for the record - Gog/Magog War. A lot of people are going to disparage this observation, noting that I'm a "Christian nutjob." Well assume there is no God and the Bible is a tool to control the masses for a second. If Divine guidance isn't your thing, think of it like this: TPTB are using the Bible as a playbook, making events come out according to prophecy because it suits their purposes.

Either way you want to look at it, ALL of the nations (and no others) that were mentioned by Ezekiel that would come against Israel are doing just that, including "Rosh." The chance that a 3,500 year-old prophecy would come about by random chance is statistically insignificant. Some "Entity" - Earthly or otherwise - is guiding events
here on Earth, and we are just along for the ride.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
We won't even let Russia put a satellite in obit.

They are like China, they can only do what Jerusalem allows them to do.

In case Russia hasn't noticed....they are now surrounded.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

RUSSIA: Attack on Tehran is an Attack on Moscow

www.israelnationalnews.com

Russia has given Iran its bear hug and warns Israel and the West that an attack on Tehran would be considered an attack on Moscow.
(visit the link for the full news article)

I haven't been able to find another news source for this. Can someone provide another link just to make sure for the veracity of the news? By other source I mean official MMS source...
edit on 16-1-2012 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Israel would kick Russia's @ss.

Not to mention its wrote in the book that's thousands of years old, that not only will Russia take a beating but Syria and Iran will at the same time.

That's without help from the U.S. unless Ezekiel just failed to mention that one. I really doubt that. Russia has nukes and that's the only reason anyone puts up with anything they do. I think most of their ICBM's wont make it out of their launchers. The new ones, yeah but the older ones have serious issues I am sure.

Russia and China will stab each other in the back. Russia would stand with the U.S. in the long run as they did in WWII.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
With Russia it's strictly business.... Contracts etc. Also, in my opinion, the Russians and the Chinese have aided the Iranians in their weapons development programs, including nuclear, chemical and biological... Discovery of this in a war with Iran, (especially if these weapons are used against Israeli and western targets) will change everything.

The Russians know Iran wont hesitate to use these weapons... and it wont be in conventional attacks against military forces only... They have cells of terrorists in all of the right or wrong (depending on perspective) places.

Why is Iran so dangerous?

They are a theocracy, and their leadership should be considered categorically insane...

Radical Shiite leaders including the Ayatollah believe they can bring about the return of the "Mahdi" known to them as " Twelfth Imam, Muhammad al-Mahdi" who upon return will rule for a period of time and rid the world of wrongdoing injustice and tyranny... He is the redeemer of Islam.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Twelfth Imam will return as the Mahdi with "a company of his chosen ones," and his enemies will be led by the one-eyed Antichrist and the Sufyani. The two armies will fight "one final apocalyptic battle" where the Mahdi and his forces will prevail over evil. After the Mahdi has ruled Earth for a number of years, Isa will return.

Isa (Jesus)

How will they know when the Mahdi will come?....

www.inter-islam.org...

Signs that will Precede Imam Mahdi

1) A General Sign

There are many signs that will precede him, a general and very important sign is that he will come at a time when there is great confutation, intense disputes and violent deaths. When people are afflicted by disturbance and experiencing great fear. Calamities will fall upon the people, so much so that a man shall not find a shelter to shelter him self from oppression. There will be battles and fitnaas before his appearance. Every time a fitnaa has come to end, another will start, spread and intensify. The people will be troubled to such an extent that they will long for death. It is then that Imam Mahdi will be sent.

Abu Saeed Al-Khudri has repoted that the Messenger of Allah said "He will be sent at a time of intense disputes and differences among people and earthquakes..." (Ahmed)

WAR!

Crazy ain't it?

They believe this "Twelfth Imam, Mahdi" will intervene in their war with the west, and the Zionist Jew oppressors and will rule the WORLD under Islamic law and the evil "great Satan" will be defeated and destroyed.

This is why they are fearless, this is why they provoke, this is why they threaten, and this is why they are absolutely the most dangerous regime on the planet....

You still want them to have nukes, and other weapons of mass destruction?

Go for it.

Careful what you wish for!

I'm so glad someone sees it and calls it for what it is.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Thematically, it could be said that the geopolitics of "warrior-aggression"-- to use an arcane term-- seems utterly, thoroughly, blatantly, and absolutely out-of-sync with the way in the which the outcome of the Iraq War came about!!

So surely if the old rivalries are triggering all these wars of words, then why didn't Iran or Russia rear-up and rattle their sabres when the US, and sadly, us-- the UK, went galvanting in their region back in 2003?!?

Troop movements to this border or that would've been more than enough provocation for the coalition-of-the-willing to rear-up, too, and so, by NOW, a war would've happened, and.. well.. maybe we'd be here typing about that...

Or maybe we wouldn't...

But its too conveniant. So why now, when we're all packing up and Obama just pulled his forces out in December?

Thats a rhetorical questions, friends, but its definately worth some quiet contemplation...

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join