It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RUSSIA: Attack on Tehran is an Attack on Moscow

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

So don't you think something that is stirred up by Israeli NEWS would be great? (No pun intended)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

I tend to take the news coming out about this by all the news sources with a grain salt whether it be from Israel or Iran for that matter. It is in everyone's best interest to take what they can from everything presented, and form an opinion. That is my take on it. It goes without saying, there is a heck of a lot of rubbish being thrown out there as news, but there is news in there as well. People just have to sift through it.
edit on 16-1-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
With Russia it's strictly business.... Contracts etc. Also, in my opinion, the Russians and the Chinese have aided the Iranians in their weapons development programs, including nuclear, chemical and biological... Discovery of this in a war with Iran, (especially if these weapons are used against Israeli and western targets) will change everything.

The Russians know Iran wont hesitate to use these weapons... and it wont be in conventional attacks against military forces only... They have cells of terrorists in all of the right or wrong (depending on perspective) places.

Why is Iran so dangerous?

They are a theocracy, and their leadership should be considered categorically insane...

Radical Shiite leaders including the Ayatollah believe they can bring about the return of the "Mahdi" known to them as " Twelfth Imam, Muhammad al-Mahdi" who upon return will rule for a period of time and rid the world of wrongdoing injustice and tyranny... He is the redeemer of Islam.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Twelfth Imam will return as the Mahdi with "a company of his chosen ones," and his enemies will be led by the one-eyed Antichrist and the Sufyani. The two armies will fight "one final apocalyptic battle" where the Mahdi and his forces will prevail over evil. After the Mahdi has ruled Earth for a number of years, Isa will return.

Isa (Jesus)

How will they know when the Mahdi will come?....

www.inter-islam.org...

Signs that will Precede Imam Mahdi

1) A General Sign

There are many signs that will precede him, a general and very important sign is that he will come at a time when there is great confutation, intense disputes and violent deaths. When people are afflicted by disturbance and experiencing great fear. Calamities will fall upon the people, so much so that a man shall not find a shelter to shelter him self from oppression. There will be battles and fitnaas before his appearance. Every time a fitnaa has come to end, another will start, spread and intensify. The people will be troubled to such an extent that they will long for death. It is then that Imam Mahdi will be sent.

Abu Saeed Al-Khudri has repoted that the Messenger of Allah said "He will be sent at a time of intense disputes and differences among people and earthquakes..." (Ahmed)

WAR!

Crazy ain't it?

They believe this "Twelfth Imam, Mahdi" will intervene in their war with the west, and the Zionist Jew oppressors and will rule the WORLD under Islamic law and the evil "great Satan" will be defeated and destroyed.

This is why they are fearless, this is why they provoke, this is why they threaten, and this is why they are absolutely the most dangerous regime on the planet....

You still want them to have nukes, and other weapons of mass destruction?

Go for it.

Careful what you wish for!

Lets see isn't all all that what you pretty much quoted almost (i know its not exactly the same) the same as most of our religions?, you know jesus will return in a time of need etc etc??. Does that mean we want to bring the return of jesus??, just asking thats all??.. imo i think you are delusional..
edit on 16-1-2012 by mcdgray129 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

...I wonder, what does Russia have to gain?

Maybe it's not so much what Russia have to gain, but what the U.S. have to lose.

I imagine they simply want to stop the U.S. domination of the world wherever they can.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
In the last 10 years, Aliyah has been highest amongst Russian Jews and the former Soviet Union. Russia has strengthened ties with Israel due to cultural growth because of many Russians evoking the Right to Return.

Recently, the Russian Foreign Ministry have expressed deep concerns about Iran's nuclear program; the official line - not words from a propaganda news site.

The notion of Russia aligning with Iran and allowing tens of thousands of Israeli, who still hold Russian citizenship, to succumb to a nuclear or non-nuclear attack is a false argument and utterly fatuous.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Russian political and economical elite is not in fact Russian.
They keep they money in the western banks, their families live in the western countries, children attend western schools, they have houses abroad. They task is to help exploit Russian resources.
The claims like the topic are just for the show. Russia cannot go in war with West. It has no money. Russian central bank is independent and keeps the money in the western banks. The money will be frozen in case of the war. Also the personal money of the top Russian elite. There is not a slight chance it is going to happen.

The Russian army is weak. It was gradually and intentionally weakened over the last 20 year of "democracy, freedom and independence". It stands no chance against NATO.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ICanThink

Not all of them.Yes a good part ,but not all of them.
And when war will come it won't be conventional at all.

edit on 16-1-2012 by ludwigvonmises003 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
what is russia gonna do ?

get drunk ?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

The Mahdi sure sounds like Ron Paul

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
If Iran wants a nuke its so they dont get attacked by NATO , look what happened to Libya , NATO moaned at gaddafi for ages to disarm , he disarmed then he got invaded and killed.
So why wouldnt any country want a nuke , as protection against the Evil empire and allies !

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
finally the world is getting tired of us in everyone elses business. not surprised at all.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

One of these 'Gods' is false.... the Evil one!!!

I just hope whoever or whichever Religious Sect he/she belongs to isn't summoned back here by people who believe this to be the 'Good' one but is indeed the False one!!!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
As has already been pointed out by a few here, Russia did not say "Attack on Tehran is an Attack on Moscow", but the Deputy Prime Minister did say

"And if Iran is involved in any military action, it’s a direct threat to our security"

While the first would be unequivocally committing Russia to respond militarily to any attack on Iran, the latter is more nuanced and the exact kind of response you would expect from someone who never wants the adversary to know their next move. Very smart.

Can Russia respond militarily to an attack against Iran? Of course, they can, having declared that it is a direct threat to their security.

Can they refrain from a military response without a loss of face? Sure they can, since a military response is not the only way to deal with a direct threat to a nation's security.

It is impossible to guess what their reaction will be.

I think Russia's response will depend largely on how the non-Western world responds to the event, a Western attack on Iran. If the non-Western world reacts with shock and horror, the West can expect an attack by Russia in short order.

Since shock and horror is exactly what everyone, other than psychopaths, will experience if a such an attack were to take place, the Western states will avoid the possibility of a Russian attack against Western states by scaling down their rhetoric and postpoing the planned attack against Iran for a more convenient time. Well, if they don't, Iran may not be the only place for the shock and awe theatre.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackmirage0311
reply to post by FoosM

Would you mind elaborating? I'm not sure what you mean by "you guys," if you mean my country, the military, or what. I don't live in fear. After seeing what happened with Iraq when we were supposed to be "liberating" them, I don't want a war with Iran.

You must have been fearful if you joined the military.
You must have been worried about something, right?
Or did you join for other reasons,
like college money, or you needed to get your life straight?

Regarding the US, they must be fearful of something to be putting so much of their
resources into the military. I mean, either its out of fear, or it is to oppress and create fear.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I saw this report on RT last night and it explains a lot about the differing views in this thread...

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SGTSECRET

Again , Iran caused this on itself when committing a war act during 9/11. You don't just get tired of War and say , "Ok i quit, killed enough of you." no. A war last until the enemy is defeated and or has surrendered. Iran does not need nukes in any way. They are beyond being in bed with Terrorist organizations that have whole sale slaughter of innocent people in ALL religions. Their government is constantly clambering on about utterly destroyer America and Israel with regards to simply wiping Israel off the face of the map. They are also threatening to bring about Armageddon / usher in their little Imam or whatever he is. This nation's government deserves no diplomatic policy. Their government and their religious counsel needs to be invaded and killed. They are all radical Islamist and are about to get a Nuclear weapon.
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Any Nation with nukes or trying to build nukes is controlled by mad men. Nukes = mad men.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I'm not really convinced that the nuke plant is so much the reason for the war drums, I see it more as an excuse, it's still being all about the oil fields and the control of it, as it has been since the Shah was installed and allowed the Brits to keep the profits to themselves. The side story for the last few years is the proposed natural gas pipeline that's too run from Iran to India. That would be a loss of money to the oil cartels if they can't pressure the govt. into intervening.on their behalf.

T.A.P.I.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

You must have been fearful if you joined the military.
You must have been worried about something, right?
Or did you join for other reasons,
like college money, or you needed to get your life straight?

Why is it you always project your fears onto others, FoosM? Some people join the military because it is a proud family tradition. Some join because they love their country. Some join because they like a good fight. I know one guy who joined the Marines because he got a rush out of danger. Not everyone is as fearful as you.

Regarding the US, they must be fearful of something to be putting so much of their
resources into the military. I mean, either its out of fear, or it is to oppress and create fear.

Or maybe it's just a form of corporate welfare. Again, not everything is fear based.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join