It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RUSSIA: Attack on Tehran is an Attack on Moscow

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Explanation: Uhmmm?

But we've never once threatened to use them have we? When was the last time the US threatened to destroy an entire nation, "wiping it off the map"?

During the COLD WAR would be a start!

Or lets start with something more recent shall we...

The Gulf War!

US Threatens to Use Nuclear Weapons in Reaction to Biochemical Attack (Last updated at: (Beijing Time) Wednesday, December 11, 2002) [english.peopledaily.com.cn]

The White House reminded Iraq and other hostile countries on Tuesday that the United States is prepared to use "overwhelming force," including nuclear weapons if necessary, to respond to any chemical or biological attack.

The warning, included in a six-page strategy document on countering weapons of mass destruction, or WMD, underscored a long-standing US policy that Washington may use nuclear weapons if needed.

"The United States will continue to make clear that it reserves the right to respond with overwhelming force -- including through resort to all our options -- to the use of WMD against the United States, our forces abroad, and friends and allies," the document said.

Pentagon Shocker: US Threatens Nuclear First Strike (by Fred Goldstein Worker's World, 14 March 2002) [globalresearch.ca]

It is most noteworthy that the ruling class here and its media have been relatively passive and silent about this development. This contrasts with 1991 in the period prior to launching the Gulf War against Iraq, when President George Bush Sr. threatened that if Iraq used chemical weapons, the U.S. might retaliate with nuclear weapons. Bush was later forced to write that he did not really intend to carry out the threat.

Nuclear Weapons and GW Bush’s ‘War on Terrorism’ (by Bruce D. Larkin, Professor of Politics, University of California at Santa Cruz. PAPER [2001.09.26; rev. 2001.10.04] ) [gcdd.net]

A. The Gulf War [1990-1991]

How was this done in 1991? John Pike’s survey of Coalition threats notes suggestive language by US, Israeli, and British officials implying (through phrases such as Yitzhak Shamir’s that Iraq if it attacked Israel "will be harmed in a most serious way") nuclear retaliation. Defense Secretary Cheney had stated that "it should be clear to Saddam Hussein that we have a wide range of military capabilities that will let us respond with overwhelming force and extract a very high price should he be foolish enough to use chemical weapons on United States forces.” And Pike quotes a CIA report of a 1995 interview with Saddam Hussain’s defector son-in-law, Husayn Kamil Hasan al-Majid, "that the Iraqi command became convinced that the United States would use tactical nuclear weapons against Iraq if Iraq used chemical or biological weapons against the coalition."

And now even more recently by ...

George W. Bush [wikiquote]

Every nation, in every region, now has a decision to make. Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists

My administration has a job to do and we're going to do it. We will rid the world of the evil-doers.

This crusade, this war on terrorism is going to take a while.

Our war on terror begins with al Qaeda, but it does not end there. It will not end until every terrorist group of global reach has been found, stopped and defeated.

States like these, and their terrorist allies, constitute an axis of evil, arming to threaten the peace of the world. By seeking weapons of mass destruction, these regimes pose a grave and growing danger. They could provide these arms to terrorists, giving them the means to match their hatred. They could attack our allies or attempt to blackmail the United States. In any of these cases, the price of indifference would be catastrophic.
Bush referring to Iraq, Iran, and North Korea as an "Axis of Evil" in his State of the Union Address

Given the goals of rogue states and terrorists, the United States can no longer solely rely on a reactive posture as we have in the past. The inability to deter a potential attacker, the immediacy of today’s threats, and the magnitude of potential harm that could be caused by our adversaries’ choice of weapons, do not permit that option.We cannot let our enemies strike first.

Personal Disclosure:
Care to rethink your argument?

edit on 16-1-2012 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to fix bbcode causeing italics.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
That last video with Bush then, was his State of the Union address.

I rememeber watching that on TV. Its actually more famed for the Axis of Evil quote he says.

However, EVERYONE was behind him, and he name-dropped the British in a pivotal moment in regards to the whole 45 minute thing when Saddam could ready his arsenal.

That was a MASSIVE factor in the controversies here in Britain, and still rumbles on to this day...

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
1. Turn off the television.
2. Stop reading warmongering threads/articles.
3. Go outside (weather permitting).
4. Don't kill anyone named Franz Ferdinand.

If everyone did that there's be no more world wars. Idealistic I know.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Funny, i dont see any first use there. All these articles you quoted were in retaliation to WoMD first used against the US or its allies. You do realize biological weapons can be much deadlier that a 50kiloton bomb over Baghdad, dont you?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by johnsequitur1221

Or alternatively, one could connect the dots as we do, and THEN go about their day...

Surely the best way to beat the blues of the loss of life on a nuclear scale would be to just be aware, so if the day ever did come to the fore when the mushrooms rise, at least there'd be a few in the know of the issues at hand, AND the debate about such things...

As opposed to utter confusion and unbridled chaos as we throw rocks for our rations, and dwell in despondancy.

'Remember the good times?'' it'd be said.

"The time of ideas?" Sure. "But most of all the debate of them..."

Thats what we have.

And the freedom... to pursue it.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Nope. Our military keeps tabs on everything that goes on in our waters. If we know where they are, they are not a threat. Those who think these subs pose any threat have absolutely no clue how our military functions, nor the technology that is used. You don't become the #1 military super power in the world without being able to detect potential threats and defend yoursel
reply to post by blackmirage0311

Give all that hot air are breather, eh?

Still waiting to find out which non-US nation's sub launched the missile right off the US coast.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
what is russia gonna do ?

get drunk ?

hahaha they do like their Vodka eh

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I wonder if the Israelis would get the message if the Russians said to the Israelis, "You little b-tards are ruining the world. One more word out of you and we will nuke you off the face of the map."

Does the average American think Israeli is worth the loss of two aircrat carriers and 10,000 US Navy sailors.

Israel not worth a US life or a US dollar

No more wars for Israel

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
This entire thread simply states the fact that there are no "good guys" We (the US) are as big a terrorist organization ans Iran is claimed to be. Russia wants what it has always wanted. A return to a Czarist empire. No country on Earth should have nukes and, as usual, Religion is at the heart of the problem. Let's load rockets full of every Muslim, Jew, and Christian and send them to the moon and be finished with it. The whole lot are a bunch of damn lunatics bent on the destruction of the world to bring about some damn fairy tale. That will NEVER happen. What WILL happen however, is the world will be a smoking ruin littered with dead bodies. Stop using this God or That God to justify bad behavior. Stop being and A#@hole and just let everyone live in peace. No one has a right to tell me who to believe in let alone shoot me for disagreeing with you.
This current situation will end in one of two ways, either we all die, or we all live with the threat of death at any moment. I ask you, which is better?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Elric1972

Hi friend. Up until recently I thought the old Cold War paranoia had truly abated, and then a couple of years or so ago, Jon Stewart on Comedy Central's The Daily Show, done a brief bit where he says, with a pleased-grin, "I think the Russians are back, baby!"

Really??!!!??

Now oddly, we don't get the Daily Show on More4 now, so I assume it fell short of something to be aired on British TV. But the notion that They're back, and now we have this thread summing the latest up, it all makes a flotilla out of this Island England, and somehow, maybe just a funny feeling, but I can't see ANYONE supporting that policy in today's Britain.

And by the way, during the real Cold War, the U.S did actually use Britain in such a context-- and there were MANY brave protests way back when against it...

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11
reply to post by yourmaker

I do not believe that the USA/UK/Israel had anything to do with instigating social unrest in Tunisia and Egypt, they have mostly kept out of Tunisia and have tried to manage Egypt but not the cause, well let me rephrase that. They were an indirect cause by how they have managed globalization, especially in economics, energy and food (the last two were until recently very connected because of the ethanol crassness especially the use of subsidized corn to produce it).
edit on 15-1-2012 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

Except for the occasional &*^% disturbers Bill Ayers and Medea Benjamin(Code Pink) who were seen in Egypt before the breuhaha began, and also Richard Trumpka was seen bragging about his Union activities in support of the uprising. Other than that, nothing real obvious from the State dept. Everything nice and covert.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Yeah...China said virtually the same thing a few years back. Anything happens to the Hormuz chokepoint, and we're at war with whoever affects our oil supply. Neither statement is a shocker on the geopolitical scene.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Really Two Sides? The great news is that your opinion is held by very few of you.....Jesusland is a much better place than twosideland......Clint Eastwood said it about those of you....your opinion is like your rectum...everyone has one......and 2side......A belief system that is based on Love and Reverence is so much better than your view ...don't care what country you live in.....Im one of those side ways Christian men that does try to do well, and opps if my fist hit you inn the side of the cranium I hope it would knock you out...that would be the "perfect"side of me....yeah guys like me are willing to beat down those who threaten the better way to live...The New World Order as it is fears men like us...not you......we are the those who love freedom and are willing to sacrifice on the battlefield for those who can't defend......your eastern view is twoside.......you are twoside.....you stand for your so called world view of righteousness and know it not......

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Yeah...China said virtually the same thing a few years back. Anything happens to the Hormuz chokepoint, and we're at war with whoever affects our oil supply. Neither statement is a shocker on the geopolitical scene.

Minerals control/ usage and pricing. Russia doesnt want to have to buy expensive oil nor China from a Americanaz controlled location (proxy).

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I can't believe I have read 15 pages of race hate, nonsense and outright stupidity. Deny ignorance?

For the 10 millionth time when will people learn none of this has anything to do with race or religion. There are two clubs in this world, period! The rich and powerful, and the poor and worthless. And hook line and sinker people prove time and again just how easy it is for them to plants the seed of misinformation and the minions soak it up and spew it out. We have absolutely no hope of ever stopping the true enemy when SO many are STILL ignorantly blaming the wrong people. Just as planned.

Have you ever watched the "world leaders" get together for their little secret meetings at different locations around the world, filmed by diligent investigators? Ever see them stepping out of their black limo's? Have you noticed they are of MIXED races? Do you really believe they give a toss about someones color, religious beliefs, moral standing? No! They are all , regardless of race, in the club. The club of the rich and powerful. That is their common bond.

I have seen black, arab, white, asian, all getting out of limos to conduct secret talks about OUR future. Yet here we are again spewing forth hate at our perceived enemy "Oh its the Jews fault!" "We must destroy the radical Muslims!" "Russia and China need to be destroyed!" and on and on the ignorance prevails. EVERYTHING you read in the media is controlled by THEM! EVERYTHING! is that clear enough? They have unlimited resources, unlimited budgets, unlimited influence. Professors, politicians, the law, the media, complete and utter control over everything that matters. The internet is the LAST hope we have for truth, and you can see where that is heading ...

It saddens me to the core when I sift through 15 pages of shame and the realization they have succeeded in brainwashing so many people. Those in power are practically invisible, whilst the club of the poor argue and finger point at each other spewing forth such hatred for their fellow man. It is truly the definition of ignorance.

When will people wake up? I'm sorry but if you think its because of the Jews, you are an ignorant fool. If you think its because of the Muslims, you are an ignorant fool. The Asians, the West, the North or the South, you are an ignorant fool. There are people, NORMAL people, in Israel who are NO different from you and me. The same in Iran, Iraq, China and Russia, the world over. We ALL share a common bond, its called humanity.
But if you fill your head with VERY well crafted seeds of hate, then your mind has been infiltrated and what you speak proves this. Are you not ashamed? Do you not feel the sting of rebuke in your heart for your hate of people just like you and those you love? Mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters? NO different. No bloody different.

Please just take a look for yourselves. Do a bit of research. Not some race hate filled well crafted LIES. Take a simple look at some videos on youtube when the power brokers of the world meet. Take a look. They are of every nationality the world over. Do you get it? They meet to discuss our future. They meet and what they plan effects EVERYONE on the planet! They are not all Jews, all White, all Asian, all Arab. Do you get it? I sometimes wonder if some of the worst posters of hate here are truly that ignorant, or planted sowers of misinformation to keep people away from the truth. The arguments they generate totally derail threads into hate filled rantings that truly make me ashamed. I do not hate Jews, I do not hate Arabs and I see who the true enemy of mankind is.

The truly pathetic thing?

All those who spew forth this hate. What are you to the club of the rich and powerful? An ignorant fool, just as they planned. All that wealth and power, and you work for them for free.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
One thing to keep in mind is that the current Russian government might make threats, but they may not be backed by its people. They are just about hanging on to power as it is with mass demonstrations against Putin and his cronies.

Ditto U.S.A.

Things have not been good for a long time. Somehow, the government of the US has held on to power despite the fact that their people have become so apathetic about the process and the results of their "democracy". Who really wants war? And how many of the ones who want it want it because they are told to by the Pundits and the Candidates and the profiteers?

The truth is citizens of the most "advanced" countries have been conditioned for a long time to believe in their own superiority, and to believe that any evil act committed by their government is at best something they were forced into by somebody else (In response to unspecified terrorist claims, we had to blow up a large number of civilians.), and at worst a momentary lapse of judgement (Sorry we destroyed that hospital. We thought it was a nuclear fuel production site.)

I like to believe that the majority of humans are still intelligent enough to smack this down when they see it... but Americans, for the most part, CANNOT see it. Most people don't even know what the government is into. How can anyone support that, unless they are led to believe that nothing is being hidden?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
This could be bad for a myriad of reasons...

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
reply to post by OldCorp

Personal Disclosure:
Care to rethink your argument?

No. I'm on pretty solid footing. Even your first example proves what I said:

"US Threatens to Use Nuclear Weapons in Reaction to Biochemical Attack"

"In reaction to." Very telling don't you think? As bad as our government is, at least it doesn't go around agressively threatening other countries with annihilation for no good reason. I was just watching Walid Phares on FOX saying that the Iranians are threatening Bahrain, the U.A.E., and are inserting Shia terrorist cells into largely Sunni Saudi Arabia.

Face it, Iran is the bully on the block. I would say if the Iranian regime could just be changed, or brought to the table peacefully, war could be averted; however I know how this is going to play out already, and there is no changing it.

Just curious. Can you point to a single example of Israel saying Iran must be wiped off the map?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Stagea

Hi friend, that was a lot to say, and I respect your view.

I've only been on ATS since the weekend, so you ought to know, I'm not coming from a place of hate. Quite the opposite. I feel the pages of history aren't so much being turned, but being cut-and-paste as tracts for tomorrow...

It seems only a matter of time until we learn which tracts they are, but most importantly, that we have time to spare to reason something more important...

WHY?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Radical Shiite leaders including the Ayatollah believe they can bring about the return of the "Mahdi" known to them as " Twelfth Imam, Muhammad al-Mahdi" who upon return will rule for a period of time and rid the world of wrongdoing injustice and tyranny... He is the redeemer of Islam.

Really, we gonna try this angle again.
By any chance , you watch the " I pledge allaiance to Israel debate" or listen to what Sanitorium has been saying lately. The rulers of Jesusland , formerly the USA, scare me more than any Muslim. They believe the Rapture will save their sorry butts, and the scary part, they DO have working nukes, lots of them.

Ok, are we really going to get all anti USA again. Yeah thats definitely a new angle!

Please....you simply cannot compare us to the crazy leaders of Iran. Lets keep in mind who's phone rings when the world dials 911. Does Iran ever jump at the opportunity to provide foreign aid? Do they ever go out of their way to defend other countries that are being bullied, or experiencing mass famine, natural disasters etc?

Sure, the US is not perfect, not by a long shot. But I cant think of any other countries that spend so much money to actively provide aid for foreign entities that publicly HATE them.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join