It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RUSSIA: Attack on Tehran is an Attack on Moscow

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
like russia could do anything,
the russian government is filled
with big loud mouths!

America will do what it wants
when it wants and there is not
a damn thing any other country
can do about it.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
reply to post by superman2012

I say let israel and iran destroy each other, that way the world can find out what religious extremism is all about.

No more threats of terrorism and no more non-secular governments. Russia survives, the USA survives and europe survives. In other words, with one stone cast the modern world with all its faults can live another day to learn new lessons.

We should be colonising other planets by now if we take that humanity is 5,000 years old, but no we still act like CAVEMEN worshipping superstitions. God does not demand worship, he demands love and peace. The devil/satan/lucifer demand sacrifices as it is the root of all evil. This planet must be haunted by multi-dimensional aliens.

I totally agree with this..

to be honest this arcane way of existence down in the middle east, is a Achilles heel to the evolution of man, if you ask me..

I am not one for violence, but I agree this archaic primitive ideology has no need for Einstein's science..

Yet indeed we should be united focusing on space, not still down here pecking the ground with the chickens... Mankind should be soaring with the eagles..

Not discussing WWIII..

Sometimes I wonder if history was written right on a few occasions...

edit on 15-1-2012 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by blackmirage0311

hence 9/11...good point!

look.

military vs military doesnt matter at this time. what does matter, is that the lives of the everyday people WORLDWIDE, who cares not for gross posturing by narcissists, and only wants to take care of their kids, are being put at risk due to a few bull-ish reasons...1) global banking interests 2) Resource hoarding 3) Subjugation.

it's plain to see the chess game that's been played now, if you can't see that, whether you support the military or not, you're still playing checkers.

This nation(US) has bases EVERYWHERE. In just the last 30yrs, all it takes is a quick google search and you can pull a map that shows the US is acting as the worlds police force, and in an Imperial capacity. Anyone that interferred with our "national interests" even if the offending country was protecting their own "national interests" has been toppled, puppets put in place that will kiss the cornhole of this country, even if that which the offending country was not willing to part with had been....wait for it...within their OWN borders.

Iran has a right to be nervous, and warning the US to stay back, 1) Most of the countries of the mid east are either fallen, or are going to...leaving Iran boxed in...that purely wasn't by accident.

If Russia wants to back Iran that's fine. Russia was crippled in the Arms Race against the US(from what we've been told) and they had a chance to lick their wounds and maybe see what's going on.

call me whatever you'd like, but based on how i grew up...I was the big kid. knowing i was bigger than most of the kids didnt make me beat up on them. nah, the challenge was to defend the little kids against undue bullying from kids as big as me.

These monetary/corporate gimps are pushing the big kids to beat up on anyone that doesn't want to give up whats theirs. and it looks like the big kids are too dumb to realize it, or too cowardice to stop it.

edit on 15-1-2012 by ahmonrarh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackmirage0311
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

You would be assuming wrong. I know what MAD is, it acts as a deterrent. and I'm also relatively well-versed in military strategy as I have a squad under my command. What are your credentials? I didn't say they CAN'T I said they won't. The probability just isn't there. I would also appreciate if you would quit the ad hominem arguments and condescending remarks. It just makes you look stupid. If you want to continue a conversation, act like an adult. What you are saying makes no sense from a strategic standpoint, but I'm glad there's an armchair general here to let us all know how WWIII is gonna go down, and that it will be the end of the human race.

U2U me if you would like to continue the discussion. You're derailing the thread.
edit on 15-1-2012 by blackmirage0311 because: (no reason given)

WHoopiiiee doooo. You have a squad under your command. How many more ranks till you reach four star general status??

I am not derailing the thread in the slightest. We simply disagree on a fundamental level on what is possible and/or probable. Given the level of dumbs built throughout the world, the level of nuclear arms, the level of defense spending by all super-powers, etc.....it is no coincidence that things can escalate much faster than you can comprehend.

Please stop insulting peoples intelligence with your severly limited knowledge of global politics and then I and others will have no reason to act childish. Fair deal?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Perhaps this is largely what it looks like and when it comes right down to it....there just isn't much more?

Kennedy drew the American line in the sand with Cuba and Russia has always been a bit prickly about Iran. Perhaps this is where they have chosen to finally draw their line. If so, I don't see Putin as a man to bluff. I just don't see that, looking into his eyes. He may just figure that if the U.S. can dictate terms to the world, so can they.

I hope we're not headed back down that road... Obama is outclassed if it comes down to another Moscow/Washington standoff or conflict between Putin and Obama as the personalities involved, IMO.

obama vs putin?
Jay may have a point here

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
reply to post by superman2012

I say let israel and iran destroy each other, that way the world can find out what religious extremism is all about.

No more threats of terrorism and no more non-secular governments. Russia survives, the USA survives and europe survives. In other words, with one stone cast the modern world with all its faults can live another day to learn new lessons.

We should be colonising other planets by now if we take that humanity is 5,000 years old, but no we still act like CAVEMEN worshipping superstitions. God does not demand worship, he demands love and peace. The devil/satan/lucifer demand sacrifices as it is the root of all evil. This planet must be haunted by multi-dimensional aliens.

I totally agree with this..

to be honest this arcane way of existence down in the middle east, is a Achilles heel to the evolution of man, if you ask me..

They dont have a choice because the "civilized West" keeps bombing them back to middle ages and overthrow their governments every single decade.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ahmonrarh

9/11 was not an act by any outside forces. I stated earlier it was a joint Mossad/CIA operation. But that's a whole different story that I won't get into here.

I agree with the rest of your post.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Russia warns US over Iran oil sanctions

www.aljazeera.com...

Russia has warned the US that moves to tighten sanctions on Iran would be perceived as an attempt at "regime change", as Tehran appeared to express readiness to return to negotiations and allow UN monitors to inspect its nuclear facilities.

Gannady Gatilov, Russia's deputy foreign minister, told a press conference on Friday that additional sanctions or military strikes against Iran would "unquestionably be perceived by the international community as an attempt at changing the regime".

Gatilov's comments came as Washington imposed new restrictions on companies from China, Singapore and the UAE over their ties to Iranian oil.

European governments also said they were moving closer to an agreement on an oil embargo that would give companies six months to phase out contracts with Tehran.

Russia has backed four rounds of UN Security Council sanctions against its regional ally, while calling for the utmost restraint in the West's escalating tensions with Iran.

Gatilov said new sanctions would only undermine the world community's efforts at peacefully resolving the dispute over Iran's nuclear ambitions.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Intrud3r

The crescent was once fertile....

Long before the ahem.. The. Evil west bombed them to the middle ages.... Lotsa, Middle eastern decent living over here in the west by the way, for many decades now...

I guess they just out grew it...

anyhow lets face it, If Russia, threatens NATO, and CHINA, threatens NATO, if we stop Iran, from creating nukes to start WWIII, its about OIL importation for RUSSIA, and China, period, china and Russia, could care less about The welfare of Iranians...

I assure you when they seek something more...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Continue to be condescending; that's quite alright. Just because I command a squad doesn't mean I don't understand the strategic mindset and basic common sense; something you seem to lack. Next promotion and a PLC i'll have 40+ men + attachments under my command. I'd hate to see you with that responsibility. This seems to be too much for you to comprehend. I'll leave you and your expertise (LOL) to continue fear-mongering this thread as if nuclear tension has changed at all in the past 70 years.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

inside or outside, the point is that as much capability we have, didn't prevent that. so the question is, what good is it? if it was an inside job(which i believe too...it makes the most sense) who was too scared to spill the beans?
our country has been lulled to sleep.

We've got Financial/Resource crackheads behind the wheel of this vehicle called america, caring about nothing but their next hit, but few of the passengers are awake, even fewer willing to toss the crackheads out from behind the wheel.

actually, EVERY country is like this. Not just my own.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
with big loud mouths!

can do about it.

Don't count on it. Iranians are a very different breed than the oil drunk Arabs.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

Iran has no way of threatning anyone else in the region except israel and saudi arabia. I have a hard time trying to understand why europeans and americans make such a big deal about some lunatic thousands of miles away as they also did with iraq TWICE!

Imminent threat from chemical/biological/nuclear material by saddam hussein, everyone rushed to deal with it and if you were against bush/cheney, then somehow you were against america and britain. People never stop to think for a moment about the corporate imperialist agenda of destroying nations so they can rebuild them and then install some puppet dictator to kiss western ass.

Ahjmendihad is a very stupid man that keeps digging and digging his own grave, but HOW the heck is he anymore of a threat TO THE REGION than an assad or gadafahi was? Israel does not like being called names and I don't blame them but they do tend to over-react and they are certainly too dependent on foreign assistance to be respected imo.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Are you sure your not talking about the criminals in our own government along with their bankster and mega corporate cronies in the USA?

Originally posted by michael1983l
Privet DeepThoughtCriminal, the trouble with mother Russia is that it is full of corruption in its government. The government are not looking after its people, they are looking after themselves, which is why 80% of the wealth in Russia is with 20% of its people. Putin has great ties to Tehran because they make lots of money off arms deals, however do not let your government fool you into thinking that it is ok for Iran to have nuclear weapons. You should not be happy to allow your government to take your servicemen to war on the back of keeping Putin's back handers rolling in from the arms deals to Syria and Iran. Your people do not profit from this, only your elite. Spasibo.
edit on 15-1-2012 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by victor7

Originally posted by popsmayhem
with big loud mouths!

can do about it.

Don't count on it. Iranians are a very different breed than the oil drunk Arabs.

civilian amateurism at its finest..

The Iranians are still trying to figure out that old ass drone that they shot down we had...

I hate to admit it, but America, has the greatest Military on Earth...

I respect Russia, I respect China, I do not respect Iran, and their Ideology..

When it all comes down to it, I think Russia, China, and America, will come to terms of acceptance where we will all be closer, after dealing with Iran...

edit on 15-1-2012 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DeepThoughtCriminal

Russia has every right to protect their interests as does the US.

Unfortunately, the criminals at the top in both countries do not won't us to work together and would rather have death and destruction around.

I do not support these criminals and will die with a clear conscious when TSHTF

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

in the event of detonation of biological weapons in the western hemisphere,most of the western populous will dead.Russians will be able to survive the nuclear exchange with 30-40% of their populous thanks to their massive civil defence network.

Secondly,The israelis are twisting the russian ambassador's statement.Threat to national security of Russia not attack on Moscow he said.

edit on 15-1-2012 by ludwigvonmises003 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackmirage0311

You would be assuming wrong. I know what MAD is, it acts as a deterrent. and I'm also relatively well-versed in military strategy as I have a squad under my command. What are your credentials? I didn't say they CAN'T I said they won't. The probability just isn't there. I would also appreciate if you would quit the ad hominem arguments and condescending remarks. It just makes you look stupid. If you want to continue a conversation, act like an adult. What you are saying makes no sense from a strategic standpoint, but I'm glad there's an armchair general here to let us all know how WWIII is gonna go down, and that it will be the end of the human race.

U2U me if you would like to continue the discussion. You're derailing the thread.

Why U2U, why not talk in open by posting like everyone does. Ah! Nothing factual to contribute or you have forgotten the 'well versed' military science chapters............already!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003

Secondly,The israelis are twisting the russian ambassador's statement.Threat to national security not attack on Moscow.

That doesn't sound like the Israeli's.

I thought Mossad meant "truth, honesty,love"

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ludwigvonmises003

I agree that Russia does have the advantage.

I think, though, that Russia is run by more humane people than the US. Nukes would most likely be at DC and strategic areas of interest. Not hundreds in random parts of the country. Their goal wouldn't be to take innocent people off the map.

I also think that any attacks would be from the US being infiltrated by spies, and not from something like an ICBM.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join