It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ultimate truth of enlightenment the ancients wanted you to know. KISS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I was thinking, what are we supposed to do with enlightenment after achieving it according to all the different philosophies. Is it that we are supposed to become some sort of super saiyan ultra being? Is that we become a ninja like Zen master talking in riddles so people can achieve a "higher" understanding of things they already know but dont give a crap about? What is the purpose, better living. So I go through all these countless hours chewing my brain into little pieces so as to understand the human condition, so as to feel better about myself. Live better, me, one person? I learn all this stuff so as to become a more complete selfish person. That or some sort of jackass that lies through his teeth trying to convince people I am somehow, the chosen one. NO

I think the purpose to all this jazz is to bring that which we miss on a daily basis to light. Not for us or our fellow man, but rather for the benefit of what we can be. The end result is not something we can truly share without taking some one and ripping them from their reality so they can "see" as we do. We can't even see it for ourselves though, since the whole thing about reaching enlightenment is you realize you know nothing. You learn to learn. SO, you in essence become a greater student.

Now follow me, we learn to doubt our preconceptions so as to attain "truth". We try and teach others our "truth" which is in essence, you know less than me because I realized I dont know jack and you still think you do. All for that "OOOOOOHHH" moment. NO

We can say it is for an altruistic living and for effecting the "way" in the world we live. We become little Zen evangelists walking around with our more complete book of riddles and then just face palm each other's "ooooh" moment for this reason or that. "you are enlightened yet you still need to create mental excrement? God you are so ...Human"

YES I am human. Never in all that I have found did I ever see that anywhere it said that "by the end of this journey you will never need to laugh at another´s life comedy, hate another's vile bile based ego, or sit puzzled staring into the face of complete insanity." What I did see over and over again was the message "isht happens, deal with it, and live and let live" that and Humans are erroneous, their answer comes at the end.

SO, we are eternal students learning to "deal with it", letting others consume and excrement mental fecal matter, while accepting we err. And they want me to teach that or profess it as the "higher path"

You can throw the good book at me, the bad one, the long one the short one, they all say that in one way or the other. So we return to talking about the stuff we already know but dont give a crap about. WHAT FOR?

I say the reason for enlightenment is so we can find a purpose after we tire of running in circles going from the all you can eat buffet of anything you want it to mean and the toilet of another's mind with the scorching mental diarrhea hot on our tail. When we see the humor of it all and laugh, and then we commit.

We commit to defying injustice, not because a damn book or some super hero told me to, but because I say
"I dont think so bub"

We commit to teaching truth, not because I think you should be at the top of this mountain with me regardless of your path, but because "I dont like lies. "

We commit to a purposeful living, not based on a flaky idea of "riddle me this" but because we see some good we think the world needs and decide to give it to them, no matter the mental hurdles we will need to jump with you to get there. I will make you a better world or so help me God no one will sleep tonight the blissful " I dont care and dont need to care....man. " sleep. YES YOU DO. Its nicer this way.

so after all the soul searching and all the different phases of my journey I find the KISS theory works best for mental discipline, personal growth, human development, etc etc, you name it.

"insert line that will motivate you to get off your comfy ass" so as to achieve "insert state you think is best to achieve" .......enlightenment. The end result of mortal living in the correct.

What is enlightenment, well grasshopper, it is "whatever you can think of that is needed "
go now and spread the word. now you know. KISS. carry on.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by casenately

great read, I would say enlightment is not really about everybody else. It starts with you and then you may share if you wish. Sometimes sharing is wise, othertimes its wise not to. Enlightment cannot be goal orientated, like love it is given without any definate need for reward. None the less, if a compliment is returned, how could you be unhappy about it?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Well, I really enjoyed reading that. Nice work, good mind.

On the lighter side: Now I understand why my "enlightened" friends don't seem to have anything my unenlightened friends don't have.

Enlightenment: I don't know Jack!

Unenlightenment: I know Jack!

It gets confusing though because I know folk who know they don't know Jack but don't consider themselves enlightened. Sounds more like Wisdom than enlightenment?

Arghh, I'm confusing myself. Anybody seen Jack?

Peace, S&F.

edit on 14-1-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Reason, virtu, will, choice. It takes some time to realize that we all have the power to make the world change and respond to us. Modern society has 'trained' most people to 'feel' that application of their will is somehow immoral when the opposite is closer to the truth.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Enlightenment is to live lighter. Mental torture is what humans endure, their own mind makes them unhappy. To be free from this mental torture is liberation, salvation.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Okay....so what does KISS mean? I know I'm appearing like an unenlightened neophyte by asking, but when I google it, all I get is 30 pages of mid-70's dinosaur rock links and VH1 reality TV clips, and I know it can't possibly mean Keep It Simple, Stupid.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

enlightenment cannot b for mortals, how to put light on what is going to fall, it is impossible while mortality is the only trait of our existence,
existence by definition is the positive objective end, so our mortality is our objective end
the fact that humanity could stay existing through biological successions is not a fact end from any and all humans present perspective of their existence ends

i dont get how humans here mean to speak about everything and gods and all as if then they could pretend existing forever
NO when u talk about else existence eternity it is them there that exist more, while u die totally in ur mind by staying from whatever positive subjectively u keep meaning that u could mayb get

i dont get either how everyone know so much more then me while the condition of knowing seem to b exclusively from hiding any true word or expression
truth is for free, what is the problem if u admit smthg even if u dont do it or forget about it, why all ur seconds out objective must b related to logics of objects?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

keep

it

simple

stupid

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Enlightenment starts and ends with you. And you only.

Once you understand how YOU think, and who YOU actually are.

The Knowing begins to unravel itself.

Peace, Love, Happiness, Guidance.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kluute

Enlightenment starts and ends with you. And you only.

Once you understand how YOU think, and who YOU actually are.

The Knowing begins to unravel itself.

Peace, Love, Happiness, Guidance.

so how do u know that? do you mean that you only understand how u think and who u actually are? so u reached enlightenment? then plz enlighten us, what is the end constant you are?

top topics

join