It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox new actually allowed this to be aired?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
This thread is as funny as that video was.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
wow its been a long time fox news, now i must double up the conspiracy and say paul is a puppet because i still dont trust them.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by POPtheKlEEN89

Obama is a puppet and so are the rest... Ron Paul is the real deal
edit on 14-1-2012 by CrazyRaccoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by POPtheKlEEN89

Im not sure I trust him either. It just seems way too convenient for a hero to emerge. Then I wonder if I have any other choice than to have hope that he is the real deal?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I thought the Judges show was only online? Or was this aired on tv?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CrazyRaccoon

You watching = profit.

Profit > propaganda policy

Bet you never realized that you can force a media giant to act differently based off your viewership.
edit on 14-1-2012 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by POPtheKlEEN89
wow its been a long time fox news, now i must double up the conspiracy and say paul is a puppet because i still dont trust them.

If Ron Paul is a puppet, why is the media waging war on him?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrazyRaccoon
I'm pretty sure America is better than the UK (no offense) but that is just my opinion.
They have thousands of cameras and very little freedoms and NO guns (the UK of course)

Here in the UK it's actually nice to know that hardly anyone will be carrying a gun. I don't know how you define freedom, but the thought that any average citizen is legally allowed to carry give me the chills. What freedom is there in the thought that anyone person on the highstreet could have you at gunpoint within the next second?

Thousands of cameras, in admission yes. They are not usually hidden and they do stop (and help) alot of crimes, typically in high-streets and densely populated areas. It's not like we each have a government CCTV system hidden away in our bathrooms... How do you know the US does not deploy hidden cameras everywhere? What's this got to do with the thread topic anyway.

Sure America's government is messed up but America it's self has morals and limits to how much is enough

Yet it's ok for bob and joe to carry a gun. Right....

very little freedoms

To add to that; my government may be a looney bunch of torys who have the slightest clue as to what they are doing... but still. What is your definition of freedom?

Can members of the general public in the UK can be detained without charge or trial and classed as terrorists?
Does the UK parliament come up with oppressive censorship bills, ex; SOPA?
Do record labels decide the fate of my internet connection?
Has england deployed "assassination drones" for domestic use over suburbs?

...and wow, that is only a history from recent news in the past month or so.

What is this word "Freedom" you speak of? Do you know?
edit on 14/1/2012 by InsideYourMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I was just amazed on how they actually allowed this to be on FOX...

that's called Marketing and market segmentation.

read here : Fox News Business struggles bigtime

Actually they must be really desperate about getting higher ratings. Average of +/-85.000 viewers compared to +/- 200.000 for CNBC their main competitor.

Freedom watch is viewed by a mere 50.000 people in average. That's not much , and no big risks for MSM agenda.

source Freedom watch ratings

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

I just wrote that out of pure boredom but i had to laugh when people actually quoted me as IF it is something important

you take opinions seriously but you won't take personal liberties seriously? (not YOU directly i am speaking on behalf of the people who replied to my 10 second quotes)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

CrazyRacoon, I must say, as a born and breed American, I take offense at your post. While I do believe America is a great country it is not the ideal country you believe it is. One of the reasons other countrys look down on Americans is the over abundance of ignorance perpetrated by Americans. What if I were to tell you that Utah were far better than whatever state you live in (no offense), because we are far more tolerant of diverse cultures, unlike your state.

Please, we all live on this rock together and it is the egotistical, self-centered views of who is "better" that cause negative feelings towards our fellow man. Just because there is a different way of governing, thinking or even believing, that does not mean our way is any better. It's just different.

As your fellow American, please do not throw the view of "I am American so I must be better than you" around in public. We may be one of the worlds leading warmongers, let's not be a leader in "egomongering" (for a lack of a better word).

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

i try not to wade into uk vs us debates on this side as (imo) too many americans are too quick to give me a kicking...

MY perception of the US (having never visited) comes mostly from US television (and the film Borat - if you've not seen it please do so) is this:
-Guns
-Racial problems
-Rampant Christian fundamentalism
-A huge number of people so stupid I'd consider them backwards
-A joke of a legal system
-A joke of a penal system

Now thats just my perception. I've never lived outside of Scotland for very long. I know some people in big cities in England will no doubt carry guns, and likewise England probably does have a bit of each of these other things going on. But I've never really witnessed ANY of these things to any great extent in Scotland (which for any Americans who don't know the names of any countries apart from America and England and Iraq) is part of the UK. We're not perfect, in fact we have a long way to go and I consider the society in Scotland to be terribly unjust, but one thing I can say is this - I am 28. Since I was born, there's been 3 murders in the town where I live (population approx 25000). Every Chinese, Indian, Black or otherwise non white Scot I know has never once suffered any sort of racial abuse. I've never met anyone with an unlicensed gun and I can only think of 3 or 4 cases of this having happened in Scotland. Our Christian churches, our synagogues, mosques and sikh temples are always welcoming to me, although i have no faith. In fact the only problem we seem to have is Rangers and Celtic and thats just f***king sport. It seems clear to me where I'd rather live. But just my opinion....

Edit - I just thought of another Scots problem - our roads. They are a complete state
edit on 14-1-2012 by 00bil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I just wrote that out of pure boredom but i had to laugh when people actually quoted me as IF it is something important

you take opinions seriously but you won't take personal liberties seriously? (not YOU directly i am speaking on behalf of the people who replied to my 10 second quotes)

So, are you saying the UK is not important now?
I in fact quoted you because of your opinion that the UK has no freedom, and it was being compared as worse to that of an oppressive regime.

Liberties;

The state of being free within society from oppressive restrictions imposed by authority on one's way of life.

If an opinion is never taken seriously you end up with SOPA and indefinite detention. Work that one out for "liberties" and "freedom".
edit on 14/1/2012 by InsideYourMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
hey im just making a point if its on the air then its ok for the common dribblers like us to see it and if thats the case why would tptb let the dribblers like us have access to real info and solutions like Dr. Paul provides. no war? no fed reserve? small government? was ron paul born in greyskull or something?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

Sure America's government is messed up but America it's self has morals and limits to how much is enough]

You could practically see the moral high ground of the soldiers pissing on the dead the other day.

If it weren't for our military, you would be speaking German right now

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by 00bil

You're basing your views of the USA off a British comedy movie?

All tyranny in any country is bad. Everyone get off your country pride bull#. There's like this weird USA, Brit, and Aussie "My country is better than yours!" debates in too many threads.
edit on 1/14/2012 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by hapablab

I dunno, it was far from decided, the one conclusion you can draw is it would have lasted longer. Without us, you might be speaking French or Spanish just now....

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

95% of my view of your typical American is from US Tv, which doesn't paint you in a pretty light...
The other 5%, Borat, showed me some particularly retarded Americans he met on his travels. Look at the rodeo scene in Texas. That actually happened. So I know the 5000 or so Texans there would cheer the remarks about Iraq. I know those 5000 Texans would booooo another country's national anthem. Is it so wrong to extrapolate from there

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
The nationalistic diatribe needs to end folks. That's what they want, to divide and conquer us.

Ok now about the OP, I saw a few people said they don't trust Ron Paul.
Guess what? I don't trust him either. I don't really trust anyone honestly.

But what options do we have?
Vote for more open admitted tyranny?
Or Vote for Freedom and to get rid of the government tyranny?

This is about principles.
What do you believe in?

Control others? Or embracing their freedom to control themselves?
edit on 14-1-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

reply to post by objectman

I'm pretty sure America is better than the UK (no offense) but that is just my opinion.
They have thousands of cameras and very little freedoms and NO guns (the UK of course)

I'm also sure that they don't know that the Royal family sided with Germany in 1940's

Sure America's government is messed up but America it's self has morals and limits to how much is enough

I do not care either way about whose opinion is the more substantial but you crazyracoon have placed all your eggs in one basket my friend. And that basket has a seriously big whole in it.

None of what you stated is fact.

How old are you? I am not knocking tender youth but you either are very young or very uneducated. Either way a recipe for looking a tool.

Please do try to come up with stuff that you have spent some time researching and at least mulling over.
Alex Jones??? Again, not the most credible guy around or even the most level. He tends to be somewhat biased and only present ONE side of an issue. HIS side.

Background checks? What background checks do you perform? Let us in on this marvelous background checking system you have in place. Because, it does not appear to be working.

Just a piece of very friendly advise. There is a saying -
"A fool is soon parted with his money!!"

So, if you have nay money, even just a few dollars, pass it to your mum to hold for you!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join