It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox new actually allowed this to be aired?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrazyRaccoon
reply to post by objectman

I'm pretty sure America is better than the UK (no offense) but that is just my opinion.
They have thousands of cameras and very little freedoms and NO guns (the UK of course)

I'm also sure that they don't know that the Royal family sided with Germany in 1940's

Sure America's government is messed up but America it's self has morals and limits to how much is enough
edit on 14-1-2012 by CrazyRaccoon because: (no reason given)

I do not care either way about whose opinion is the more substantial but you crazyracoon have placed all your eggs in one basket my friend. And that basket has a seriously big whole in it.

None of what you stated is fact.

How old are you? I am not knocking tender youth but you either are very young or very uneducated. Either way a recipe for looking a tool.

Please do try to come up with stuff that you have spent some time researching and at least mulling over.
Alex Jones??? Again, not the most credible guy around or even the most level. He tends to be somewhat biased and only present ONE side of an issue. HIS side.

Background checks? What background checks do you perform? Let us in on this marvelous background checking system you have in place. Because, it does not appear to be working.

Just a piece of very friendly advise. There is a saying -
"A fool is soon parted with his money!!"

So, if you have any money, even just a few dollars, pass it to your mum to hold for you!!

edit on 14-1-2012 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 00bil

TV isn't reality. A movie isn't reality. He shot thousands of hours of movie and then edited the best parts in to a 2 hour movie.

I guess all people in the UK are skinheads. I mean Bruno showed a few...it's on TV, must be real.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00bil
reply to post by mnmcandiez

95% of my view of your typical American is from US Tv, which doesn't paint you in a pretty light...
The other 5%, Borat, showed me some particularly retarded Americans he met on his travels. Look at the rodeo scene in Texas. That actually happened. So I know the 5000 or so Texans there would cheer the remarks about Iraq. I know those 5000 Texans would booooo another country's national anthem. Is it so wrong to extrapolate from there

Guess what?

The entire earth is full of idiots. Why would America be an exception?

If your reply is "But not my country/people", you are exemplifying that which you condemn.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I'm not particularly sure where the myth came from in the UK that if a country allows its citizens to own guns, then America must be a frightening place to live. Another disturbing attitude I feel comes from the generalization and, dare I say, stereotyping of Americans as being one thing in particular.

I live in West Virginia. No, it's not perfect. But we're not all incestuous rednecks who shoot one another and are too dumb to do basic math. I've graduated from high school with an average of above 700 on my GED, however, I've never considered college until recently as I never knew what I wanted to go in for. I'm a conservative Republican if I had to choose a place in the political spectrum, but I'm not a particularly political person. I have a gun in my home, but don't carry it with me. I'm not a fundamentalist Christian, and am in fact a lay Buddhist, although I highly respect great teachers and philosophers, including Jesus. I work hard, eight hours a day, five days a week, sometimes more. I don't exploit the government or ask anybody or anything for handouts. I was on unemployment for one week, but only after a long, painful decision to do so, and after that week I found a job.

And no, I don't have sex with relatives or sheep.

In other words, before my English brothers and sisters sweepingly cast disparaging remarks with a wide brush on Americans, understand that our countries, and cultures, may be different, as may our attitudes, but we all want the same basic things.
edit on 14-1-2012 by ManjushriPrajna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ManjushriPrajna

i believe we are safe because i know if i break into somebodies house i am possibly getting shot in the knee-cap, beat-up by police,sued, fired from my job, and thrown into prison where my pretty blue eyes will see me a worse fate than nature ever could. those from the UK just dont understand.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

sorry to disagree but have you looked at the imposed so called carbon tax they are fishing in the bottom of our pockets for more taxes the price of electricity and gas has gone up this is a BIG country we need the fuel to travel to work and transport our goods . we are being screwed just as much as the USA . but we are the frog in the pot . just bring the water to a boil slowly and we dont jump out we just boil

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by hapablab

Originally posted by khimbar

Sure America's government is messed up but America it's self has morals and limits to how much is enough]

You could practically see the moral high ground of the soldiers pissing on the dead the other day.

If it weren't for our military, you would be speaking German right now

And if it weren't for the British you would be speaking Dutch or Spanish

How you like them apples?

Edit - The comment above was just me being a smart arse ... but the reality is that the US had nothing to do with England not being invaded by the Germans.

The British gave the Germans some serious tea and crumpets and saved their own bacon ... with no help from the US. It inflicted the first major defeat of the war on the Germans and is considered a crucial turning point in the war ... it was a little thing called The Battle of Britain

The US should actually be thanking the British for stopping the Germans.
edit on 14/1/12 by Horza because: (no reason given)

2nd Edit - this has completely gone off topic for which I apologise - Good on Fox News (I never thought I would say that!) for letting a pro liberty, pro Paul segment be aired ... although, in saying that, there is nothing like a little controversy to increase the ratings, so maybe the reasons for this being aired are not what one might hope ...

3rd Edit -

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Guess what?

The entire earth is full of idiots. Why would America be an exception?

Hear Hear

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

sop right there what the hell is going on in this thread is it we hate brits we hate americans . if i was out in space and some alien said to me where do you come from id say that wee blue planet thats where we all live lets get over the nationality thing we are all here together so lets try to get on with one and other children of the earth PEACE ;

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
What get's me is that big government isn't isolated from private business lobbying. How come no one call's the problem BIG BUSINESS!

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CrazyRaccoon

As an American I feel embarrassed of the amount of ignorance you behold in that little world of yours..
The fact of the matter is that the world we live in is filled with ignorant/dumb people.
Even as a citizen of the u.s. i can completely agree that our media and movies
teach our kids to act the way they do, to act as if we are better or something..

But to stay on topic, I wanted to say that the judge has got my support.
One of the only few people on TV that endorses Ron Paul and agrees with views on constitutionalism.
Which in my opinion is a rare thing to see.. I'm just glad he has honesty and reports fair news.
Fox is getting a little better though I hate to say it.. but if journalism and truth like this is being aired,
imagine what else they would air. Hopefully talking about Ron Paul brings the ratings up it would
be a real factor in the support of changing popular opinion. The media portrays him as "UN-electable"
which is completely untrue seeing how he took second not only in Iowa but South Carolina aswell..
And any other people saying "you don't trust him". Who can we trust? The only way you can trust
somebody as if they earned your trust.. and that is still to happen.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Romney and Paul both are GOP So why wouldnt it surprise you?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
The traditional media is losing credibility to the internet although thats not entierly accurate. Iam am guessing Nap is a bitter pill fox must swallow to keep a foot wedged in the public opinion of the country.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by objectman
Wow. You Americans (and the Brits) have got a lot of political grit hiding under that carpet. Too many people sewing in deals with government early on. It's not at all like that here in Australia.

Sure it is.

If you are a G20 nation you are ate up with all sorts of diseased cancerous flesh eating corruption.

Notice all the ones we are in cahoots with refuse to join G20 thus we are strong arming them

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Judge Napolitano telling the truth on fox(faux) news!?! Incredible!

It seems tidbits of information about the reality of our "establishment" in America come from the most awkward places.

Republicans, or "conservatives" as they are known here have overseen the largest growths in government coming in second only to the "liberals".......go figure....

To be honest though I wonder if this fox news endorsement of Ron Paul means that he has been grabbed by the establishment in order to highjack his ideals and use them to their advantage?

In other words perhaps Mr. Paul has been offered a good position if he will play a happy second candidate and give Romney the nomination this year, in exchange not only will Paul get a handsome monetary reward, his platforms and stances will be given serious consideration and praise amongst party members in continuing political ideologue....

I don't know how the anti British (or American) sentiment started up on this post but I don't feel that way about you guys/gals...you ruled our empire before we knew it was ours

I still feel bad voting for Obama given the current change in strategy (or lack thereof) , but at the time, and given the same vote today of Obama or McCain you had to vote for the lesser of two evils (equals)....right now I feel like Paul is the person with the correct idea's, but the whole system seems jaded and flawed....am I the only one who notices the disconnect from the average citizen and the establishment ruling over them? Liberal or conservative they don't seem to be fighting for US do they??/

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Wow, this thread devolved into a "Let's hate America" thread pretty quickly.

I'm not really surprised though. Lotta that here in ATS.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
lol people are finally asking who the "establishment" is?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by CrazyRaccoon

So, like Obama[nation].

Let's chant "Yes we can!"

American failures...

BTW, you only get a capital in that name because it started a two word sentence, other than that, it would not have been capitalised.
edit on 15/1/2012 by FreshNugget because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenRuled
569 likes, 2 dislikes
Bah hah hah!

Apparently you are not aware of how youtube works. Every single video that is posted get frozen at around 300 views for the first 24h. Likes and dislikes are however in real time. This is because youtube has a spam detection bot monitoring the traffic of that video for the first 24h.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Both US and UK are ruled by oligarchs. The 99% in neither country is free, we are slaves to corporate masters.
As far as history, UK did not have to withdraw their Army to Dunkirk. The French wanted to keep fighting. UK leaders made the decision they would sacrifice France for the time being, and return to fight Germany another day. Maybe a good decision for the British, but tough for the French, and for the Russians who bore the brunt of a German invasion. UK made vast quantities of high quality aircraft, which prevented Germany from gaining air superiority. Hitler was a racist who wanted to destroy Russia and maybe all Russians, he never wanted war with UK or America.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure America is better than the UK (no offense) but that is just my opinion.
They have thousands of cameras and very little freedoms and NO guns (the UK of course)

I'm also sure that they don't know that the Royal family sided with Germany in 1940's

Sure America's government is messed up but America it's self has morals and limits to how much is enough

America has a lot more places where you can be alone in the wilderness that's for sure.

Thousands of cameras. Most of them are poor quality and only there to protect businesses from theft and damage. The cameras that look down on the public aren't much of a problem. I see them as a way to get messages to the cctv control rooms. I've done a few pranks and stunts that are calculated to look interesting to the camera operators. When they zoom in they find themselves looking at website addresses for sites their superiors don't want them to look at. Drunken assaults and thefts are often dealt with using evidence from these cameras.

The surveillance industry is full of perverts and criminals, not just the operators but the manufacturers and suppliers as well. For many years I've subscribed to a professional cctv journal. The disgustingly sexist and perverted attitude that exists in the industry is clearly shown in some of the advertising and articles. This element is probably a bigger social problem than other privacy issues.

Freedoms. In many ways we have more freedoms. Our police are more scared of us than yours are of you. Due to my activities some of our local police love me and some hate me. The ones that hate me refuse to talk to me. I was out for an early morning walk recently and police looking for an escaped prisoner stopped to talk to me. When they found out who I am they looked at each other then drove away slowly while I followed them wagging my finger at them and shouting about false flag terror. I'm not sure how that would have gone down in America.

No guns is a very inaccurate myth. Many of my neighbours have shotguns. The main reason I won't apply for a shotgun certificate is because I know I'm a little emotional at times. It's my choice. I have no criminal record and many friends in the farming community. If I chose to apply it would be difficult to find ground to refuse me. Some of my neighbours have deer rifles. There are more deer here than at any time since the middle ages. Culling the deer population is essential. It has to be done tactfully because the ignorant 'animal lovers' don't understand the suffering caused by overpopulation. I occasionally meet a neighbour out fox shooting in the early mornings.

It's pistols that have been banned. A mind controlled pedophile who supplied children to the elite carried out a mass shooting at Dunblane. This was to provide an excuse to ban pistols. It's much more difficult to bring in a planned economic collapse and subsequent control system when anyone and everyone might be carrying.

There are huge numbers of black market guns. When I was young it was commonplace for soldiers to 'lose' guns during training then pick them up later. Back then it was a minor reprimand and the value docked from their wages. It's all been tightened up now but many of those guns are still in circulation or storage. It's legal in the U.K. to make small amounts of blackpowder. Various functional antiques are legal. The loopholes are too numerous to mention.

I couldn't find a precise figure with a quick search but many hundreds of guns are seized by police in London every year. These are just the idiots or the unlucky ones who get caught. There is no shortage of guns, legal or illegal in the U.K. No guns is a myth. One thing worth mentioning is the high percentage of converted replicas and blank firers that are seized. It's the lightweights who have to make do with something substandard and then flash it around who make up a large proportion of the numbers caught.

Rest assured. The British resistance is alive and well, wearing a respectable suit and delicately sipping a nice cup of tea. The New World Order is going down, bro.

Don't get me started on the Royal family, I'll wear out my keyboard.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join