It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: CNN reporter Dana Bash gets "Snowballed" by Ron Paul supporters

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

What is hilarious to me is that Ron Paul supporters think that badgering and harrasing reporters is going to cause them to be nice to Ron Paul. If anything, it is going to make them resent Ron Paul and his supporters. And journalists stick together, just like any other profession. So when they see one of their own getting treated like this from Ron Paul supporters...they will all take offense.

It'd be nice to see Ron Paul come out and nicely ask his supporters to back off a bit and not be so hostile towards reporters doing their job....but he actually encourages it with his speeches against the media.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Poor woman, having to talk to those idiots. I Love how they blame her for Paul losing...

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

What is hilarious to me is that Ron Paul supporters think that badgering and harrasing reporters is going to cause them to be nice to Ron Paul.

We get that you don't care for RP, that's your choice, but did you watch the same video.
'Badgering and Harrasing', are you for real.

They asked her questions, when she said several times to Hold on, they waited patiently, asked their question and moved on.

Opposition to RP is everyone's choice, but try to keep the Falsehoods to a minimum .

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Yeah...that is a little more than a "little scary". If I had cult members hounding me...I'd be scared too.

Did you just actually call Ron Paul supporters cult members? How about the corporate backings of Romney? You know Goldman Sachs, and all your banks that are donating to your candidates. At least we have a candidate who does not bend over to money and prostitute himself over TV for cash, pathetic.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Every reporter needs to have objective observers following them around taping everything and posting it online to expose the lies and blatant censorship.
No more 'lost the signal due to technical difficulties' no more cherrypicking the least intelligent sounding supporters of the media threatened prospects and the most lucid of the chosen ones.
Post them all on a youtube type channel called 'What they didn't want you to see' or something like that. See what gets more traffic. The MSM or what the MSM is sweeping under the rug.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
From Wikipedia: Cult.

The word cult in current popular usage usually refers to a new religious movement or other group whose beliefs or practices are considered abnormal or bizarre.[

Now, Troll.

n Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[

So, it follows that ATS members who profess support for Ron Paul are being labeled as belonging to a religious movement with bizarre or abnormal beliefs by trolls.

Happens quite often.

As for the topic, Dana Bash should be called out by concerned Americans that believe in truth and fairness. It appears that the Ron Paul supporters did this with manners and grace. I would have been tempted to slap her.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by moosevernel

so people asking her questions she doesnt want to answer is scary...?

i dont 'worship' ron paul, i dont even live in America. But those people on that video looked like quite a diverse bunch and were pretty civil and not at all threatening in my opinion.

People acting that way while asking questions is a little scary.
BH was trying to help. What it seems Ron Paul supporters do not get is that passion alone cannot get him elected. You replace support with passion.
Instead of nicely trying to win BH over and gain ANOTHER VOTER for Ron Paul, you got upset and railed against her opinion.
I guess you have to decide what you guys really want at some point.

to get Ron Paul elected president

or

to be the most excited Ron Paul supporter on the planet?

You are winning in the race with each other to love him most; you really are. I give you credit for that. Unfortunately he needs votes. I am not sure if the fact that so many of his supporters are young means they think they will get to vote more than once and do not need other people to vote for him or not but I do know that what I see and hear you guys do on a regular basis is scare people who are not Ron Paul supporters further away from looking into him.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Littikani

That is actually very good advice you are trying to hand out.

Unfortunately you will most likely get attacked for being "anti-Paul"...even though you really didn't say anything against the man.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by seenavv
So what she said it was scary?? she said a lot things that aren't true in that video so I personally don't trust a word that comes out of her mouth, including all the rest of the media whores

CNN is a private company and Ron Paul supporters here are protesting the fact that CNN does not want to do business with them.

Oh god the irony.

Any Ron Paul supporter out there even get that?
What was wrong with the CRA according to Ron Paul?
It took away your freedom to decide who you do business with (Not in reality) but that is his answer.

Keep protesting CNN choosing not to do business with you.

#ing hilarious!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Those are the nicest, most polite and civil "cult" members I have ever seen. Certainly not like, oh, say, the Scientology freaks. How were they harassing that evil biotch? Asking questions, politely, is harassment nowadays?

What a load of crap. I didn't reply to the specific posts in this thread but you know who you are. Quit spewing crap. Really. There is nothing wrong with what anyone did in this video apart from the lying journalist.

Sad how we are told to listen to the video. I did, my hearing works quite well for a old fart. I heard everything quite well, especially the lies that so-called reporter spewed.

I am sick and tired of lies. You don't like RP, fine. Quit lying about everything to try and make him and his supporters look bad. You all just end up with egg on your faces so why even bother? You guys and girls can't find anything truthful to use against him so you make it up as you go along. Propaganda works, obviously.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

He is getting the votes. The only people he is scaring is the establishment liars and tools like Dana Bash.
Paul surging in South Carolina
Maybe a little passion is called for.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Littikani
Instead of nicely trying to win BH over and gain ANOTHER VOTER for Ron Paul, you got upset and railed against her opinion.

Thank you.
I haven't decided whether or not I'm voting for Paul, but no one here is going to say anything to help me decide one way or another. I'm doing my own research, as I always do.
I enjoy hearing others' opinions, but even the meanest Ron Paul supporter will not scare me away from supporting him, if that's what I decide to do.

But I REALLY appreciate your position. Many people are swayed by how these supporters act.

Here's something else Paul supporters are doing that "scares" people...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

CNN is a private company and Ron Paul supporters here are protesting the fact that CNN does not want to do business with them.

Oh god the irony.

Any Ron Paul supporter out there even get that?

No, they truly don't get it...I have had this discussion with them before.

They seperate the media from business...and only if they are reporting negatively against Paul. They want an All Ron Paul, All the Time, All positive media...anything less is the media attacking Paul.

My favorite is that they complained he had no media attention....then he had too much media attention....this is why I call Ron Paul....Golidlocks.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

That is actually very good advice you are trying to hand out.

Unfortunately you will most likely get attacked for being "anti-Paul"...even though you really didn't say anything against the man.

Uh oh. Not only did I write a post suggesting I may not be in love with Ron Paul. I wrote a follow up post that can actually be seen as casting a negative light on one of his positions. Now I have shown that not only do I not worship the man, I also already know I have at least one thing I do not agree with him on.

You spoke too soon

But. I am sure I was going to get attacked anyway.

Now what I would love to see if my second post is addressed in such a fashion as "Maybe we can talk about until you see it as we do" or "Grrrrrrr two posts and neither one expresses undying love for Ron Paul!!!!! You are an idiot!!! Go vote for someone else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I am interested to see if anyone actually does care about getting people like me to understand and maybe even win me over or if they just plan on getting louder amongst themselves and doing things like protesting one of the very freedoms Ron Paul keeps saying he wants us to have.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

OH, Benevolent Heretic, your Avatar has been known to actually bite, are you afraid of your dog?
Come on.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Well, since this thread is about a CNN reporter and how she gets "snowballed", you are going to get some high fives from Paul supporters. And rightly so.
There are plenty of Paul threads that address his platform and his views. Paul supporters do quite well in those threads if I do say so myself.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

They may not scare you away but I know more than enough people that look at things like this video and thing "Whatever they ate or touched, I want no part of because it did something bad to their brains."
It is hard to pin down the one infection they all have in common but I am pretty sure it is Ron Paul.
This all happens usually long before the person takes a nanosecond to actually look into Paul for themselves.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I was thinking about that while going through the first few posts. They need signs.
"CNN WE DEMAND YOU GIVE RON PAUL THE EXACT RIGHT AMOUNT OF ATTENTION OR ELSE WE WILL PROTEST YOUR RON PAUL GUARANTEED RIGHT NOT TO!!!!!!" Followed by a cheer
"Not too little!"
"Not too much!"

The cognitive dissonance in this particular area actually scares me more than the snarling attitudes any time anyone suggests maybe they dont love Ron Paul already.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Yeah...that is a little more than a "little scary".

If I had cult members hounding me...I'd be scared too.

They are simply mad at her because she doesn't worship Ron Paul and will actually ask him hard questions instead of just asking him about his talking points of Federal Reserve and "sound money".

I feel bad for the lady...she asks questions...Ron Paul makes himself look bad by his reactions to them. It's not her fault really.

Haha, you and BH are hilarious. You two where some of the only people that were attacking Ron Paul because he left an event at a restaurant that was getting unsafe due to the number of media whore's like this woman that showed up to hound Ron about the same lame questions he's already answered.
Then you defend this lady saying she had a right to feel scared because some people asked her questions that she couldn't answer without a lie?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SurrealisticPillow
OH, Benevolent Heretic, your Avatar has been known to actually bite, are you afraid of your dog?
Come on.

Sorry, I don't get the connection, I'm afraid.

My dog has never bitten anyone.
I'm not afraid of my dog or dogs in general...
I'm not afraid of Ron Paul or his supporters.

Is there something further you wish to discuss about the subject of this thread? Or do you want to talk about Jaia's last vet visit?

Originally posted by Littikani
They may not scare you away but I know more than enough people that look at things like this video and thing "Whatever they ate or touched, I want no part of because it did something bad to their brains."

You're right. And that was my message from page one, but people HATE to hear that. I say this for selfish reasons: If I decide to vote for Paul, I don't want a bunch of overzealous supporters ruining it for me.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join