It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: CNN reporter Dana Bash gets "Snowballed" by Ron Paul supporters

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SurrealisticPillow
reply to post by Littikani

He is getting the votes. The only people he is scaring is the establishment liars and tools like Dana Bash.
Paul surging in South Carolina
Maybe a little passion is called for.

Do you understand which number is highest of 29, 25, and 20?
Did you write that thread I saw earlier that was celebrating Ron Paul's win Over Obama with 18% of the vote compared to Obama's 80%?

The math seems very similar.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SurrealisticPillow

Well, since this thread is about a CNN reporter and how she gets "snowballed", you are going to get some high fives from Paul supporters. And rightly so.
There are plenty of Paul threads that address his platform and his views. Paul supporters do quite well in those threads if I do say so myself.

I am not sure what you are saying here because it comes across to me as "If you have anything questions about Ron Paul or confusion about where he stands, take it elsewhere."

Let me try this. You do know there is a Romney supporter and a Gingrich supporter dying to hold my hand, show me where it is, and rub my shoulders whilst I peruse.
Sorry for trying to help.
Go back to supporting him all by yourselves then.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by PplVSNWO
BH
You two where some of the only people that were attacking Ron Paul because he left an event at a restaurant that was getting unsafe...

My post in that thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I did not attack Paul in ANY way. I talked about his SUPPORTERS. Please try to be more honest if you're representing Paul.

Then you defend this lady saying she had a right to feel scared because some people asked her questions that she couldn't answer without a lie?

Are you insinuating that she doesn't have the right to be afraid? I admit, it's not enumerated in the Constitution, but we ALL have the right to be afraid. I defend her right to be afraid. You got a problem with that?

1. You said I attacked Ron Paul in that thread: LIE
2. You apparently think this lady doesn't have the RIGHT to be afraid...

Any you're a Ron Paul supporter?

Thanks for proving my point.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Littikani
You do know there is a Romney supporter and a Gingrich supporter dying to hold my hand, show me where it is, and rub my shoulders whilst I peruse.

Ugh!
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. Those guys better not touch me or even think about it! I'll have them arrested!
Ewww!

Dana Bash is a typical CNN 'reporter'. I watched Cenk Uygur take Wolf Blitzer apart yesterday. It was pretty good. They're not there to report the news anymore. Those days are LONG gone! Of course Dana is afraid. She's not sitting behind a safe desk, she's out in the middle of the public. It can be scary for someone who's not used to that.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

See, your post is a great example of why Paul supporters don't take you seriously. Your intent is really not to learn his platform or what he believes, is it?
If you want someone to hold your hand and throw flowers your way...pretty easy to find. I am sure Gingrich and Romney love those that are that easy to please.
Getting "off topic" means you are discussing issues that don't pertain to the OP, that is what I tried to point out to you. I am not against it, however. Just be real.
As for Paul's numbers, the link showed how they are rising. Did you read it? I am quite aware that the DNC doesn't listen to their voters either, as Obama's numbers in the primary are far above his actual support within the Democratic Party.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Yeah...that is a little more than a "little scary". If I had cult members hounding me...I'd be scared too.

Did you just actually call Ron Paul supporters cult members? How about the corporate backings of Romney? You know Goldman Sachs, and all your banks that are donating to your candidates. At least we have a candidate who does not bend over to money and prostitute himself over TV for cash, pathetic.

Couldnt agree more with you

People voting for Ron Paul are the real american patriots
wanting some GOOD for the country

RP will always think american interest first second and third in the to-do list
Romney Gingrinch Bachman Santorum ... they have a point in common
they think Israel first second and third
wonder why the country is so much in trouble
obama now wants to raise the national debt again
economy is getting weaker
but its ok to continu to send billions per yrs to Israel

Will Israel one day be independant ??
they look like another state in the US
way more important then the state of Washington
its time Israel claim their independance

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I apologize, I thought it was you for some reason that was ganging up with Outkast to bash Paul for leaving the situation before it had to become dangerous for supporters/patrons/media themselves. You hadn't even replied to the thread I was thinking of, perhaps it was southern guardian or somebody else.
Since you were going to get technical about the use of the phrase "right to be scared", at least you have acknowledged that the right to emotions is not guaranteed by the Constitution. I only used the phrase for lack of a better wording at the time I wrote.
Also, I don't represent Ron Paul in any way. In fact, Ron Paul is a representative for a population in Texas.

What I said about Outkast Searcher still stands, though. He did bash Ron Paul for leaving a situation that actually was dangerous while making excuses for this reporter that can't answer questions without lies.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

People voting for Ron Paul are the real american patriots
wanting some GOOD for the country

en.wikipedia.org...

You shouldn't use fallacies.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
She deserved it. She has directly demonstrated her bias against Ron Paul on live TV, therefore she has no business reporting on him while claiming to be fair or balanced... For everyone's sake, CNN should swap her out with someone that actually is unbiased towards him. She appeared to be a hair away from losing it there, with all those polite and honest questions being directed at her from Paul's supporters. How unfair.

In other news, you know anti-Paul ATS members are grasping for straws to display their distaste for Ron Paul when they fall back on the "cult members" gabfest.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Afraid of WHAT?????? Polite people, civilly asking questions of a reporter who spreads lies willfully. There was NOTHING wrong with the way those people handled themselves, they were not rowdy, cursing, getting physical, making threats.....NOTHING of the sort.

So please tell me why she should be afraid? She's a so-called journalist and this is part of the job. If she is so afraid of non-violent , non-confrontational CIVIL people asking questions then she's in the wrong job.

But you will spin it so far that she had to fend of these violent people just so she could do her job, which she has failed at, miserably, I might add. What a load of bollocks.

Don't like RP, fine, but QUIT LYING ABOUT THE ISSUES AND MAKING THINGS UP!!!!!! There was no reason for Bash to be afraid, in a room full of people and a few asked questions. There was no behavior, at all, exhibited in the video, of people harassing, making threats, anything of the sort. NOTHING!

Whatever, as I know speaking to you is akin to clapping with one hand - I.E. futile - but you really should learn the difference between the truth and lies, the ones you are spewing. You know damned well our fourth estate is corrupted yet when we try and keep them in check with their lies we are cultists who are threatening the poor journalist. Bullcrap and you know it.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
My favorite part:

Man: Yeah, I saw the coverage a couple of days ago with the woman who was supposedly complaining about not being able to shake the hand with the likes of Ron Paul. Aren't there more pressing issues to complain about? I mean my god, all the things that we find in this world that are so, so...so, my god, breathtakingly hard to deal with...could that not be the truth, that they're not absurd?

Bash: We do a lot of coverage for 24 hours, that was just one little piece of it.

Man: Yeah?

Bash: Yeah.

Man: That was a terrible, terrible piece.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Well if she thinks Ron Paul is scarey, I guess people calmly asking her questions would be scarey as well

Yep, getting called out on lies and cheap shots is scarey I guess

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcrockett

Well if she thinks Ron Paul is scarey, I guess people calmly asking her questions would be scarey as well

I would be scared about a racist potentially being the next president. I don't blame her.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I am all about Ron Paul. I believe he could change the direction of this country. Even if it is a "sway" at least IMO it would be in a better direction.

But about the video. I didn't really here anything all that bad. It looks like the vid has been cut a bit, so could be for the video purpose to support RP, or could be for time and they cut it down so it wouldn't be so boring.

I get how this probably could "scare" away some people, it is a little aggressive, but at the same time, I do not feel Paul gets fair coverage, and many are starting to show the frustration.

Is it the correct path? No, but how often do we take the correct path to get where we need to be? We try and follow a path to where we want to be, but LIFE, haha, it always has other plans. So we can not tell if its right or wrong, until it is over and the decisions have been made.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
It's sad days when people looking for a little fairness in their life are labeled as lunatics and cult members.
Would you rather us just go back to shleep and allow the decline of civilization to continue as it has for years? We are at a major crossroad in history and it's about time people started demanding answers from the TPTB and holding them accountable for their actions.
edit on 13-1-2012 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Why Ron Paul supporters are scary....

1. They appear to absolutely HATE the GOP, yet, they are registering GOP by choice...
2. If you disagree with a Ron Paul supporter, there is NEVER any intelligent discussion, if you do not love ron paul and accept his as your christ and savior, you are either a "sheeple, shill, or idiot"...
3. If you state his actual policies, explain why this would not work, and site historic examples, you are a "troll"...

cult -

1. A system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object.

Lets think of some of the word that have been associated with Ron Paul by his supporters...
1. Ron Paul is our ONLY HOPE for the future.
2. Ron Paul is the SAVIOR of the US.
3. People who speak out on Ron Pauls disastrous policies are EVIL disinfo agents.

Sounds like a cult to me...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by baphomet420
Why Ron Paul supporters are scary....

1. They appear to absolutely HATE the GOP, yet, they are registering GOP by choice...
2. If you disagree with a Ron Paul supporter, there is NEVER any intelligent discussion, if you do not love ron paul and accept his as your christ and savior, you are either a "sheeple, shill, or idiot"...
3. If you state his actual policies, explain why this would not work, and site historic examples, you are a "troll"...

1. That's because in most states you can only vote GOP in the primaries if you're registered as GOP, and in case you didn't realize, Ron Paul is running Republican...
2. Please, for the love of god, refrain from stereotyping. I could just as easily walk up to a group of Obama/Romney/Gingrich/Santorum/Whoever supporters (Or Anti-Paul, as the case may be...) and experience the same thing. And yes, it has happened in the past.
3. I have yet to see a single "historic example" cited on this site in regards to why Paul's policies won't work. Feel free to enlighten me, though.

Now, please, let's act a little bit more civil and stop with the projection, yes?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cynicaleye

Originally posted by wcrockett

I would be scared about a racist potentially being the next president. I don't blame her.

Here at ATS we are to Deny Ignorance. If you look at the facts and opinions of oh lets say the leader of the Texas NAACP say that the Ron Paul being racist is false. So your statement that you made about him being a potential racist is an ignorant statement.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by shadowmyst

Dana Bash lying about being worried about Ron Paul video mash-up with footage showing that she is in fact worried.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I am worried about corporate elitism and the government utilizing illegitimate authority to steamroll over me and destroy my family over utter bs.

And I am worried about the lunatics that support this type of thing.

So yes, authoritarians SHOULD BE WORRIED about me.

Because I am here to undermine them at every turn. I will undo their stranglehold on power.

And guess what? There are millions of people just like me.
Control freaks everywhere should be very afraid!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join