It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: CNN reporter Dana Bash gets "Snowballed" by Ron Paul supporters

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

OutKast- She's a "supposed" beat reporter and her beat right now on CNN is the main reporter assigned to cover Ron Paul. She doesn't have an "opinion" show like Bill O'Reilly. The job is to actually report news, not her opinion of the news. So her making comments about Dr Paul not wanting to see Dr Paul elected under the guise of being a beat reporter is completely out-of -bounds and against decent journalism practices. Whether you're a Paul supporter or not, this should be obvious to everyone!

edit on 13-1-2012 by freedom12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Littikani

Originally posted by moosevernel
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

so people asking her questions she doesnt want to answer is scary...?

i dont 'worship' ron paul, i dont even live in America. But those people on that video looked like quite a diverse bunch and were pretty civil and not at all threatening in my opinion.

People acting that way while asking questions is a little scary.
BH was trying to help. What it seems Ron Paul supporters do not get is that passion alone cannot get him elected. You replace support with passion.
Instead of nicely trying to win BH over and gain ANOTHER VOTER for Ron Paul, you got upset and railed against her opinion.
I guess you have to decide what you guys really want at some point.

what a bizarre point to raise... why should BH be trying to help? she has just lost the journalistic high ground by (if what you say is true) attempting to help, if she is practising (and I quote) "objective journalism" then why would she be trying to help, he job as an "objective journalist" is to report the facts of the situation not give her OPINION on a situation so I cant understand why everyone is so cross at supporters of a particular presidential candidate for pointing out a blatant abuse of position in utilising the mass media machine to skew fact to opinion.

ps. you'll have to forgive my abuse of quotation marks but I find it extremely hard to believe a reporter representing a privately owned media entity has the sole objective of bringing the truth to the masses (not much profit in that) but thats just my opinion

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

good job sire! I see we are on the same wavelength on that one.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by shadowmyst

I think this is great. These reporters need to be called out on camera. These media monsters need to be exposed for what they are... Hacks. She looked pretty uncomfortable. I love it. We need this to happen wherever the major networks show up. Be polite but pushy.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by shadowmyst

"There's probably no one as fair as I am"

HA!

I expected a bunch of Ron Paul supporters throwing snowballs at her...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Erowynn

Haha yeah that was definitely my favorite part too. Here's this presstitute that the Ron Paul haters are defending being biased against Dr. Paul:
"I'm sure you talk to Republicans who are worried as well, just like I am, that Ron Paul will continue on"

And to follow up that quote of hers, let me post you some quotes of hers from this video in the OP:

"We're very very objective."

"There's probably no one as far as I am"

Woman: "You're worried about Ron Paul winning?"
Dana Bash: "I never said that..."

Funny YouTube comment on that video:

"Skeletor horse faced idiot. Ron Paul the only candidate."

Her name suits her well, Dana Bash, because she's all about bashing the good doctor.
edit on 13-1-2012 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Good, I want reporters to fear being unreasonable and fielding stupid gotcha type questions to Ron Paul.
As this thing goes deeper and his supporters snowball, they need to know they will be held accountable, and since Ron Paul supporters are virtually everywhere, they need to know they will be questioned and scolded if they don't play fair.

"Scary" good it's time the MSM feels it.
edit on 13-1-2012 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Is this some kind of new humour? Some new type of show that I haven't heard about cause it's surely very entertaining. Especially the end when the elderly lady comes and talk to Dana and she's all showbusiness for the camera, simply hilarious.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Who else came here to actually see here get literally snowballed and only to find it meant something else?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Pelvi

Me! But seeing that guy say "That was a terrible, terrible piece" while staring her in the face made up for the disappointment

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Fox News noticed Dana's bias -

Judge Napolitano Reports on Super PAC's Call for Dana Bash Reassignment

Anyone who's taken one journalism class knows - no personal opinions allowed!
edit on 13-1-2012 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Ron Paul supporters..hell, any supporter I can cope with.
Fans however annoy me. Fan is simply a shortened word for fanatic..and fanatics is a loose term for lunatic whom are blinded by ideology over reason.

The unfortunate aspect of Ron Paul is he has a lot of fans. Yes, he often got the short end of the stick being generally ignored until recently by the media..and this no doubt made some hardened people in his base, but keep in mind, this guy has been running for president (toungue in cheek running for most of it..bit like Bob Barr) for decades now...so as a news corp, it would be difficult to take him seriously after soo many failed attempts...its like covering the leader of the no pants party. Up until the last two elections (arguably not even the last one), he himself didn't even really take himself seriously...just starting a little meme movement. He said in his speech the other night he didn't know you (supporters) were out there...so he also is shocked he is being taken seriously.

I don't fault the msm actually in playing down him initially...but it is time they up the covering. He may just be serious this time (even if he isn't, his idea has enough to push him near the top anyhow).

Still, he will definately lose if he gets the nomination. My dad (a bastion of "establishment" conservatism) basically won't vote for him..he hates the idea of Romney, but realizes its him or nothing...but Paul..the old school conservatives simply don't like his style...and the dems will either not vote, or vote for obama..so, game over.

Lets get real though. Obama will be winning the election. Unless the right pulls a rock star out of their hat, its a fixed game...but ok, we can pretend for a bit longer I suppose. Carry on.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
You know what the best part about that video is? After all those people make those statements to her, she goes and interviews some lady about some ridiculous stupid issue, what a joke. This video needs to go viral.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
According to that scum-bucket it's like the Arab/Israeli conflict, we're blind and don't see anything else.

Then she says she's objective.

UNBELIEVABLE.

Thank God those supporters gave her a piece of their mind, and I fully expect this to escalate as the weeks go by. If journalists keep lying right to peoples faces they're going to find themselves in a whole lot of hot water very soon.

We need this to happen wherever the major networks show up. Be polite but pushy.

I agree, well said. Polite is the key word here, don't be disrespectful. People need to step their game up, and really start focusing on the media. They are the ones controlling the illusion, controlling the way people vote and think. Keep up the good work folks.

edit on 13-1-2012 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
"Sometimes in order to gain a better perspective, witness from the outside rather than in"

That being said, living in Canada, RP is the man that NEEDS to be President. After seeing some of the things he said on TV - this guys got balls. You can easily see the difference between him and past candidates. Raegen, Bush Jr and Sr, Johnsson, Carter - Pretty much all the same; war, war, oil, money, OH YEAH AND MORE WAR.

Just remember one thing, that if there's another "World War", it won't might not be WW3, but Nuclear War 1. Can you imagine? Cities being whiped out in an instance?? Maybe the Mayans predicted it? Maybe this is all a coincidence? Or just maybe there is a real spiritual war going on, that are not even aware of. Are we running out of time? That's for you to decide.

If I could vote, I would vote 10X for RP. But since I can't, I'll break out the popcorn and let y'all decide. Peace.
edit on 13-1-2012 by Only1King because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-1-2012 by Only1King because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TreehouseIndustries
what a bizarre point to raise... why should BH be trying to help? she has just lost the journalistic high ground by (if what you say is true) attempting to help, if she is practising (and I quote) "objective journalism" then why would she be trying to help, he job as an "objective journalist" is to report the facts of the situation not give her OPINION on a situation so I cant understand why everyone is so cross at supporters of a particular presidential candidate for pointing out a blatant abuse of position in utilising the mass media machine to skew fact to opinion.

ps. you'll have to forgive my abuse of quotation marks but I find it extremely hard to believe a reporter representing a privately owned media entity has the sole objective of bringing the truth to the masses (not much profit in that) but thats just my opinion

I cannot believe this post got 5 stars.
Since when is Benevolent Heretic also the reporter in the video?
Maybe you thought my point was odd because you missed it completely?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Dana Bash is a typical CNN 'reporter'. I watched Cenk Uygur take Wolf Blitzer apart yesterday. It was pretty good. They're not there to report the news anymore. Those days are LONG gone! Of course Dana is afraid. She's not sitting behind a safe desk, she's out in the middle of the public. It can be scary for someone who's not used to that.

I am really not that familiar with CNN to be honest. I know Cenk though and he has had some good points when I have seen him. I think the problems all started when they replaced journalists and reporters with announcers and readers. I don't know about CNN but most news these days seems little more than a pretty face.
But as privately owned companies I support their right to suck any way they like!
I would never protest such a thing like say...Ron Paul supporters.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join