It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it even possible to go to the Moon?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
A simple question for those of you with far more expertise, NASA knows that a large percentage of Americans do not believe in the moon landing. How hard would it have been, sometime in the last fourty years, to send the Space Shuttle (five times the size of a Lunar Lander), just ONE orbit around the moon, just ONCE.Just to prove that we could do it,
edit on 13-1-2012 by MissingRonnieR because: of the Van Allan belt

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xterrain
I completely agree with the OP. Travel to the moon and beyond is absolutely possible.

However, as I've already answered your question, the moon landings were faked 100%. 1960's were a looooong time ago technology-wise and computers were the size of rooms

What does it have to do with anything? First ocean-going submarine cruisers were commissioned during WW1, long before any computers existed. Later, in WW2 German subs successfully navigated all the way to where I live (Long Island, NY) and successfully deployed a team of spies (which were promptly caught) as well as sank a few ships in full view of Jersey Shore and New York City. You can really do amazing things if you put you heart and mind into it. Yuri Gagarin flew a primitive capsule but guess what, they landed it about where they wanted it to land. And by the late 60-s, the available computing power was already considerable even if laughable by today's iPhone standards.

Not to mention the videos of them 'walking around' and 'bouncing" are blatant fakes.

Says who? Did you bounce on the Moon? ROTFL.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MissingRonnieR

NASA knows that a large percentage of Americans do not believe in the moon landing.

This Is NOT true.....or else, if you "think" or wish to "assert" it as "true"....then PLEASE provide a source, other than a blatant opinions.

Thanks.......

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I still wonder about that Van Allen radiation belt, but I can't prove that the OP's method wouldn't work. As long as that radiation isn't too harmful, at least no initial concerns (dunno about later in life though) then you should get through just fine. One thing I also wonder about are those "Z Particles". Apparently they seem to penetrate through everything and cause flashes on the retina. Assuming what I heard was reputable. Again, wouldn't kill you on the spot but it brings in the question about the long term effects of being in space even just once.
edit on 13/1/12 by shadowland8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissingRonnieR
A simple question for those of you with far more expertise, NASA knows that a large percentage of Americans do not believe in the moon landing. How hard would it have been, sometime in the last fourty years, to send the Space Shuttle (five times the size of a Lunar Lander), just ONE orbit around the moon, just ONCE.Just to prove that we could do it

We Americans en masse are such an @ss backward bunch of idiots that

An ABC News poll released Sunday found that 61 percent of Americans believe the account of creation in the Bible’s book of Genesis is “literally true” rather than a story meant as a “lesson.”

I mean what "proof" do you want to convince the moronic nation of simple facts? You can arrange a gigantic exhibition of fossils and other evidence of the Earth's timeline, and they would say "it's devil's handiwork".

Why bother?

link
edit on 13-1-2012 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Lets make it more simple. A guy builds the first car in 1969. Its a Corvette. It will do 150mph. He drives it for a few years, parks it and then puts it on display somewhere. In the mean time everyone goes back to driving Mopeds. Fourty years later try telling some kid that there was at one time this four wheeled vehical that could do 150mph. In fact we can get on our mopeds and go see it on display.That makes logical sence.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

A simple question for those of you with far more expertise, NASA knows that a large percentage of Americans do not believe in the moon landing. How hard would it have been, sometime in the last fourty years, to send the Space Shuttle (five times the size of a Lunar Lander), just ONE orbit around the moon, just ONCE.Just to prove that we could do it,

That would be impossible; the shuttle was not designed to do that. In any event, the usual crowd would claim that it was "faked" anyway.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Your 'analogy" is a complete failure.

PLEASE try to go back to learn and understand real science....before you embarrass yourself even more....

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Dae

Our published, mainstream science says "no" to any messing about on the moon. At least 'til a few things are worked out. Like how to deal with electrically charged lunar dust, the type that will get into everything and cannot be easily brushed off. In fact I could almost use this to say we have never walked on the moon, let alone played golf or drove buggies around.

All of the lunar landings took place in early morning, local lunar time, so your objection is irrelevant (as well as off topic). The electrostatic levitation of lunar dust does become an issue for long term habitation, so have a star for at least doing some basic research.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
You have over 2100 posts since October. Chances are you are under 25, unemployeed and living in a relatives basement. I surrender.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Xterrain

I completely agree with the OP. Travel to the moon and beyond is absolutely possible.

I humbly suggest you go back and actually read the OP.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I think that we have been to the moon once or twice, but nothing as extensive as some lead it on to believe. I think that there is a mixture of faked landings and real landings. So the answer is somewhere in between.

Now, the reason to fake the landings is speculative. But I believe that ET had something to do with it and warned us to never go back again.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by -Blackout-
I think that we have been to the moon once or twice, but nothing as extensive as some lead it on to believe. I think that there is a mixture of faked landings and real landings

May I ask you how you discern fake landings from the real ones?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

I think they have been to the moon, but that we have been lied to. I think what we have been told and what we have seen has been staged. There seems to be something the general public is not ready to know about in their opinion. I believe that the people in control learned a lot from the Orson Wells radio broadcast of the War of the Worlds. There were many who thought it was real and there was real panic, even some suicides.

Since then the idea of aliens and other peopled worlds have been increasenly in the public view through the works of fiction. Most everyone I know believes that life exisits on other planets. It's only a matter of time before contact is made is generally what I hear from people, but there must still be enough people in their opinion that would freak out at the news of life from another world even if viewed as friendly.

From Men in Black, "...a person is smart, but people are stupid...."

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissingRonnieR
edit on 13-1-2012 by MissingRonnieR because: of the Van Allan belt

simple answer

the hoaxers would all just yell...in unison....."they faked it!"!!!!!

it would be a waste of money

heck, the images they released of the apollo artifacts on the moons surface a few months ago didn't even put a dent on the hoaxers

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by UB2120
reply to post by DJW001

I think they have been to the moon, but that we have been lied to. I think what we have been told and what we have seen has been staged.

And what is the base for such thoughts and beliefs?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by UB2120

From Men in Black, "...a person is smart, but people are stupid...."

"Nuff said.....THIS is indicative of the mindset that (unfortunately) is going to be the next "Generation" of Human "intelligence" for a while.....until we grow out of it......(Someday.....??)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I need to avoid threads like that, if anything they demonstrate the sad state of intellectual development of general public.

You see, the Moon is up there for everyone to admire, and most everyone appreciates that it's a pretty far and extremely unforgiving celestial body. Between that and stating that it's impossible to fly there -- there is a serious gap in logic.

You see, mountains above 20,000 feet are usually distant and extremely unforgiving, to the extent it's a trivial thing to get yourself killed while attempting to climb one. How do I know? I did it. Does the difficulty mean that it's impossible to climb Mt. Everest? No it does not.

The Germans deployed bona fide ballistic missiles against the UK in WWII, using fairly crude onboard instrumentation. Who would have thunk...

Yuri Gagarin piloted the first ever manned flight in which the descent procedure was actuated by dialing a code on a rotary pulse modulation dial, you know the one that goes tack tack tack. Did he make it? Yes he did.

Russian IL-2 assault planes used missiles against German tanks in WWII. Sounds fancy? It kind of worked.

I'm not going to mince words here, I think that Moon landing deniers are a bunch of @ss backward idiots, and I'm being generous here.

The British equivalent is "charitable", so feel free to substitute if you wish.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Fascinating.
But curious....
When did they demo a landing craft that had a better than 50% failure rate?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Puck 22

I'm pretty sure the craft always had a pretty high chance of failure.

It's actually a miracle so few people got killed from the Apollo program to be honest.

But good planning and practicing is what leads to success. More over so, time! 10 years to demo a dozen craft and God knows how many prototypes. Ever look at them? They thought it over for a very very long time.

www.wired.com...

home.earthlink.net...

Again, this is what happens when you practice and prepare logistics well. Imagine if we took 10 years to plan, say, Iraq or something?

This generation of leaders has failed to understand the importance of knowing what you are doing before you do it.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join