It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it even possible to go to the Moon?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

We even took a car there too!!..........Honest!

What next.........golf clubs?.....oh, wait.....

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

I agree that Branson by himself wouldn't be able to afford a moon shot, even if all he did was buy off the self hardware.

With investors, and even sponsorship however, with very little spent on R&D on a new vehicle paradigm as he's doing with the Scaled Composits craft he's contracted for development of Virgin Galactic, I would like to think that the possibility of buying a used tried and true Soyuz, mounted on current tried and true stages, and launching from established facilities at any of the already active rocket facilities LISTED HERE (it's a wiki), I think it could done.

Spending time on doing R&D on a new vehicle, developing a new launch site, and getting tied up in all the red tape that offers, I think is one of the reasons Virgin Galactic is still sitting on the ground.

If, as I said, they just bought a Soyuz, strapped on some off-the-'shelf' rockets, used existing infrastructure, and just slapped a company logo sticker on it, I think they could of been already flying.

To the moon? Yeah, it'd be enormously expensive, but, using tech that's already active and in use, as well as existing infrastructure at an active facility, it'd be entirely possible, and even doable by a private interest.
The tech is there, already established and vetted. The rest is math, no?

edit on 12-1-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
if Jesus wanted us on the moon he would have given us a space elevator a long time ago...

lol

but wait.. whats more possible .. going to the moon, or the story Jesus?

i call shenanigans on both

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Yes. We went in 1969. Where've you been?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

We even took a car there too!!..........Honest!

No....three. And, not "cars". Sheesh.

What next.........golf clubs?

You refer to the golf club HEAD (six-iron) that Alan Shepard that he smuggled.....he was high up in the chain of command of the Astronaut corps, and figured he wouldn't get in as much trouble. I think he only answered to Deke Slayton in the chain of command at NASA. (Deke was head of crew assignments. He was an Astronaut, but was grounded early on for a heart murmur).

Of course, each was allowed to take a small amount of personal items, so "smuggled" may be too strong....he did go off the EVA Plan, though....but only for those few seconds. It was attached to the handle of one of their sampling scoop tools. He had planned this ahead of time.

Of course, was a bit of light-hearted fun, typical for military aviators. And now, it is used by those who denigrate and ridicule the Apollo program. Tragic.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

No....three. And, not "cars". Sheesh.

Your so touchy!

Sorry "Buggies".........yeah? Same kinda amazing design as the Apollo Lunar Module........it looks great, a real strong sturdy type of aircraft....sorry space craft.
I have flown many things in my days, even sh8t boxes held together with gum and lolly sticks, but this, this takes the prize for all round stupidity........."Hey Beno, jump in this and go to the moon yeah?" Bwhahahaha!!

Sorry, I'm just not a believer.........I really wish I was, because the whole idea is great (jeee I would love to give it a go) but it just sounds too far fetched for 1969!!! SAY IT AGAIN.........1969. The Americans couldn't even build a car that went around a corner properly let alone go to the moon.......please.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Lol, specifically what would be "going to the moon?' There is so much to explore...

In any case, ahyes, it is definitely possible.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
What other comparible things have we done since then.....you know, the whole Ooooo arrrr thing? Not much then? Oh, wait Hubble, Mobile phones and internet. But what cool things have human beings done since "they went to the moon" ????????

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Sorry, I'm just not a believer.

On the contrary, you are a believer. You steadfastly believe that human beings have not been to the Moon. You have been unable to provide a rational reason for this belief. You made a vague claim that they would be cooked by radiation. I provided you with a paper written by Czech (not American) scientists who used Russian (not American) research to reach the conclusion that the right trajectory and a few millimeters of aluminum would mitigate the radiation hazard of the ERB ("Van Allen Belts"). All you have been able to muster in support of your belief is mockery. Do you have other un-examined beliefs?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
reply to post by buddhasystem

I think it was more Russian Denial

A bit like the iraqi information minister............"no no no, they are not in the city, nothing to see here, all is ok, and we will crush them."
Have many Cosmonaut's become sick........Mmmmm? who knows?

I'm sorry but I have to call bovine detritus on that. There are real people and if you really want to make sure they exist, you can give them a call.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by nineix

Have you seen a Soyuz capsule? I have. It's a called a "capsule" for a reason. It's a space equivalent of the Smart car. Try driving it for 3 days in a row without ever exiting the vehicle. And you can't land Soyuz on the moon anyhow, so I don't see your point. Also, the rocket itself, sufficient to deliver the payload to the Moon, and enough fuel and hardware to get back, is not a trivial item.

What happened in the Apollo program was an unprecedented (and still not superseded) concentration of effort, by the most industrialized and rich nation on the planet.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
No it is completely impossible to travel to the moon.

The sun is a giant fusion reactor spewing out radiation and the Van Allen belts trap radiation. And everyone knows that it is impossible to shield people from nuclear radiation of any kind.

However, we obviously did send aliens to the moon, because it is well known that aliens use nuclear fusion to power their saucers across the universe and so they have developed top secret materials that can shield their alien bodies from nuclear effects.

I'm pretty sure my argument is valid because the OP told us we were throwing out all the terabytes of evidence that we sent 12 men to walk on the moon. Obviously if we accepted the evidence I'd have to rethink my argument.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Mythbusters has wiped the floor with this conspiracy and yet people STILL question it.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by XtraTL

The sun is a giant fusion reactor spewing out radiation and the Van Allen belts trap radiation. And everyone knows that it is impossible to shield people from nuclear radiation of any kind.

Unfortunately, this is exactly the sort of reasoning that some people use. Since you're being sarcastic, however, have star.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by MushroomWig

Mythbusters has wiped the floor with this conspiracy and yet people STILL question it.

This is because people with agendas take advantage of those with limited education or research skills. As outlined in the OP, the agendas include political (anti-American, anti-government), religious (Bart "If God Intended Man to Fly to the Moon He'd Have Given Us Thrusters" Sibrel), self aggrandizement (Jarrah "Never Forget a Slight" White) and so forth. This thread is an exercise in removing some of those subtexts. If no-one can provide a definitive reason why traveling to the Moon is impossible, then it exposes these agendas for what they are: revisionism.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Its funny how some conspiracy theorists think we never went to the moon, and some think we already have interstellar travel developed from downed ET craft! Pretty wide margin for error.

I believe that even if we faked the moon landings in the 60's due to the height of the cold war, we surely have capablilites to put a whole damn civilization there now.

Anyways, I'll leave you with this little number.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by Pervius

There's another group who think we have people on the moon now. A military moon base.

These are subsumed by the "secret technology" category.

No, it's a secret space station that is orbiting the moon.

President George W. Bush authorized it.

The Canadians complained about it.

---------
We will go back to the moon for tourism and mining of the Helium-3.

At the same time we will go to the asteroid belt. Gold - Platinum - Rhodium

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
yeah they went... there is pics of the lunar module on the moon, I think the films and picture, audio, etc from the mission is so full of holes and blatant manipulation because of the things they were trying to hide... artifacts, ufos, something disturbing to general public.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by nekomata111

How did we get the moon rocks ? Helium-3 rocks are here on Earth.

Yes, we went to the moon.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

No, it's a secret space station that is orbiting the moon.

President George W. Bush authorized it.

The Canadians complained about it.

I would ask you where you got this impression, but it would be way off topic.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join