It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth sucks & 90% are to lazy to care. Where & how do we improve from here?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
This is nothing more than my opinion of what I see around me in this world.....
I will not dwell on my upbringing or family life much but I must say this. I was taught to give a days work for a days pay. I was taught to EARN what I recieved. I moved into the workforce and learned that nobody truly thinks this way. I believe it SHOULD be this way but it's like believing in the perfect society. It doesnt exist. Talk about a wake up call. I still believe in giving the best that I have however there are people getting paid more for doing less than I. I struggle every day and they live the high life on the profits from the lies that they tell. The sad part.... It's not just the rich people. It's everyone. I am an antique dealer. Just like everyone else I must make my profit. Just like the Mason or the electrician I have worked very hard for the knowledge that I have and I have no obligation to give my knowledge away. In my life I know many antique dealers. I know many people. There are 2 people that I trust. Just 2. My lady and one friend who is also an antique dealer. I am not wealthy. I depend on a "backer". A man that covers my expenditures as long as I can prove the value of what I purchased. Without him.... I have no business. He has never done me wrong that I know of. Does that mean I trust him? What do you think?

This world was shown to us 40+ year olds as if there was good in the world. I think we were lied to. Today we know for a fact that they put flouride in our water to "tame" us. We were always lied to. The "My Three Sons" land or the "Brady Bunch" land never truly existed. By now 90% of readers have left either because they dont care or because what I am stating they already know to be the truth and think there is no possibility to fight back and win. At this point maybe everyone is right. The youth sometimes understand more than we know. There was a time when right was right and wrong was wrong but government has scewed all of that. We have to call 911 to tell them someone is threatening our lives BEFORE we shoot or WE might go to the gas chamber.

I dont trust ANY politicians. Not one of them. However I would ask this of everyone that may read this. Would you choose to elect the person with the best "charisma" and the best speech knowing he doesnt give a sh!t about the American public or would you choose to elect the smartest most powerfull person with experience in government at it's highest levels in hopes that he might do the right thing.

I know the "charisma" and speech guy doesnt care at all. Personally I have to hope that the smartest most powerfull person with experience in government MIGHT do some good for all of us. Then again maybe he doesnt care either. Like I said I dont trust ANY of them. Personally though I would have to vote for the guy that the establishment if fighting hardest against. The person that has the experience at the highest levels. The person, even though corrupt in certain ways isnt lying with a smile and slick appearance.

This country, it's future, and your children and grandchildren DEPEND on you doing the most research that you can possibly do before you vote. I dont care who you vote for but PLEASE for your children, do the work, dig into everything, LEARN everything you can, BEFORE you vote. I know you are tired and you just want to relax and fade into a movie, I do to, but dont your children deserve a few hours of research and thinking BEFORE YOU VOTE?

I am not trying to preach, Just trying to remind people of their duty to the future as AMERICAN CITIZENS. If you choose to vote without doing any research about the people that are running, or maybe you only research half of the people running and you only learn half the story, YOU will NOT be the one that suffers. YOUR CHILDREN WILL. If you never play catch with them, If you never help them, If you never talk to them, at least take the time to learn EVERYTHING FROM EVERY SOURCE that you can BEFORE you saddle them with your choice of a President.

Sincerely,
Christopher L Clark
[email protected]

P.S. Please forgive my spelling. I have been working for 16 hours straight.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by candcantiques

...where and how do we improve from here?

By digging up the truth and bringing it here for others to review and embellish or debunk. This is the place and that is the rep this site has. Thats why it is valuable. Simply saying life sucks and people don't care is a little short of that mark... but all ranting is welcome too. It's part of waking up, right?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Ron Paul. We vote him into office. The rest will fall into place with a little time.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

I think people need to have an incentive to do things. Why should someone care about "The Truth" when it just tells them that their government is beyond their control, they are being poisoned by food, water, air, and drugs, and that there is nothing they can do about it? Why learn about government surveillance, alien technologies, international bankers, and 9/11? What's in it for them except ulcers?

Some people are curious by nature, they will learn. Others? They'll be happy as they are. Good luck trying to destroy their safety nets, they'll fight you all the way.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Citizen action committees. 12 people called up to investigate/audit government actions. Random, like a jury. Nobody is watching the government. That's why it's run amok.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
The truth is beautiful, and 90% haven't heard it yet. It only needs to be spoken more and this will come with time and joy. True Christ approaches, the people are calling for it.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Sounds like this belongs in the "Rant" forum. But I hear ya.

A lot of our individual success depends upon "networking".

I'm retired at 49 and a high school dropout. So there are success stories out there.

I apparently ran into the right people, who threw me into a "Learn or burn" environment. They recognized that I had a hard work ethic, and took the chance. Stressful? Yes. But I wouldn’t have it any other way.

new topics

top topics

join