It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blaming U.S. and Israel, Iran Reports Killing of Nuclear Scientist

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

LONDON — At a time of growing tension over its nuclear program and mounting belligerence toward the West, Iran reported on Wednesday that an Iranian nuclear scientist died in what was termed a “terrorist bomb blast” in northern Tehran when an unidentified motorcyclist attached a magnetic explosive device to his car.

NYTimes

Another nuclear scientist has been assassinated. Apparently witnesses at the scene stated that there saw to men on a motorbike plant the bomb on to the car. Subsequently the bomb exploded killing the driver and their target, the scientist.

Iran are blaming US and Israel of "state sponsored terrorism". Sounds about right to me but to be honest I would rather the US fight Iran this way, than full frontal war. Although I imagine that it is likely impossible for it not to come to that.

War is on the horizon.

ALS

Related links
globalresearch.ca...
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
They are just trying to get iran to fire the first shot so they can justify going to war with them.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I guess this is the other side of the headlines about Israel coming to accept a Nuclear Iran. They're accepting that Iran has a nuclear reactor, but insuring they kill anyone who can so much as spell Thermonuclear Weapon. I wonder how long Iran will tolerate their top people being picked off like ducks in a shooting gallery before doing something about it? This has been going on for a long time now. The plot thickens......

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
If the US or Israel are in fact behind this terror attack (would not surprise me in the slightest...) then we have the pot calling the kettle black, again.

There is so much garbage coming out of the western media about Iran having state-sponsored terror camps and who knows what else they come up with about making citizens hate Iran... It's sheer hypocrisy. I say it's hypocrisy because it is obvious who is behind this terror attack. You'd think, when the terrorists always turn up just when the US or Israel needs them... whether it be an excuse to start war or slow down a nations development. The terrorist's always happen to turn up with perfect timing to target people that the US or Israel want to remove.

For example in Libya, we had terrorist's overthrowing the regime. In syria, we have terrorist's overthrowing the regime. Afghanistan, more terrorists appeared to justify an invasion. Iraq, terrorists appeared to justify an invasion.

We are at Iran. And what do we have? Terrorist's destroying and murdering people who are related to a line of development that the US and Israel do not want. Just when they need terrorist's to show up.... What next, the zionist's decide they want to topple Kazhakstan? Oh i can only guess Al Qaeda will suddenly move their headquarters to the capital to justify a full blown invasion.

Iran needs to hunt down these people and expose the cowards behind this attack.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I'm still trying to figure out why we need to fight them in the first place? They say they have WMDs (sounds familiar), well we better start with Israel, India or Pakistan because they are already packing.

None of this makes a bit of sense but so many start chanting right along with the war drums.

You don't want Iran killing or threatening to kill us Americans? That's easy, stop going there. The dude visiting his Grandmother and now is up to die should watch the news a little more before deciding when it's time to visit Granny. If Spain started threatening America do you think I would go visit my family there? Hell no. Especially if just a year before they release detain hikers who where originally accused of spying. Iran's government doesn't want us there then so shall it be.

No Trespassing. I know what that means. Stay the hell away.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Witnesses saw them plant the bomb and nobody said a word ?? What a screwed up bunch !!!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The White House is playing coy:

U.S. declines to respond to Iranian charge on scientist

The State Department declined to respond to Iran's blaming U.S. or Israeli agents for the assassination of an Iranian nuclear scientist on Wednesday, saying it condemned any attack on an innocent person.

"We condemn any assassination or attack on an innocent person and we express our sympathies to the family," State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland told reporters at a her daily briefing.

Asked if there was any truth to the Iranian charges of Israeli or U.S. responsibility, she replied: "I don't have any information to share one way or the other on that."

But they have just come out and denied any involvement according to Reuters twitter page.

I will update more if I find an official story.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
They suspect US and Israel (justly) but they need the proof. Luckily (for all), they will never get one UNLESS... it will be planted... Hmmm... no they still won't go to war. Yes, at the moment it means that US and Israel can kill their scientists with impunity. But the price still will be paid one day.

Now, do you still blame Iran for limiting the contact of UN inspectors to some of Iranian scientists? You still call it the evidence of planning to develop nuclear weapons?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I am leaning toward either Israeli intelligence or, possibly, an Iranian false flag (as in the Iranian Government drumming up internal and external support for an attack on Israel).

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mwuhi

I find it amazing that they are not exerting the right of reciprocity or at least call the international community attention to these acts of state sponsored terrorism.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

sounds more like Israel at work here

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Marid Audran

No they are not drumming for International support. Like I said, the problem is indisputable evidence which is never there in covert ops. Motive is not an evidence.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marid Audran
I am leaning toward either Israeli intelligence or, possibly, an Iranian false flag (as in the Iranian Government drumming up internal and external support for an attack on Israel).

No need for a false flag, Israeli sources openly admit of recruiting iranians for the purpose of carrying out terrorists acts on iranian soil.

11.01.12 Le Figaro: Israel's Mossad recruiting Iranian dissidents to work against Tehran regime

link   

I doubt US involvement. The US relies on dirty tactics but thy are not dumb enough to get caught. Fast cancers, radiation, poison and single bullets are the CIA's way. I mean it's not like Muslims are obsessed with car bombs. Bombs are easy to make could have been anyone, could even be propaganda.
edit on 11-1-2012 by LongbottomLeaf because: ert

link   
Haaretz published today a timeline of terrorist attacks against Iranian scientists.

TIMELINE / Mysterious deaths and blasts linked to Iran's nuclear program
www.haaretz.com...

I doubt that the US or Mossad are acting directly inside Iran. Both agencies are more likely to act with plausible deniability and act by proxies like the MEK or Jundallah.
en.wikipedia.org...

Regardless if the US acts by proxy is more directly involved in those terroristic attacks against civilians - such acts are reprehensible and would be reprehensible even in times of war.

No war has been declared against Iran.

These attacks can be considered to be acts of war. Till now Iran has shown restraint and not paid back with the same coin. But a government which fails to act to counter such crimes loses respect. Also there is always the danger of a false-flag incident, which would further heat up the situation. Glenn Greenwald has written an article in which he describes, why we must condemn such behaviour.
www.salon.com...

Politicians and generals are currently lobbying to take the terroristic cult MEK from the terror watch list. MEK has killed US citizens in the past. During the Iraq/Iran war MEK supported Saddam Hussein and is therefore universally despised in Iran.
www.antiwar.com...

Previously the US has supported Jundallah, an organization which is responsible for the death of hunderds of Iranians.
en.wikipedia.org...

Nima Shirazi has written a fine, well-sourced article, which highlights how the threat of a nuclear armed Iran has been used again and again to incite fear and hatred against Iran.

The Phantom Menace: Fantasies, Falsehoods and Fear-Mongering about Iran's Nuclear Program

Facts rarely get in the way of American and Israeli fear-mongering and jingoism, especially when it comes to anti-Iran propaganda. For nearly thirty years now, U.S. and Zionist politicians and analysts, along with some of their European allies, have warned that Iranian nuclear weapons capability is just around the corner and that such a possibility would not only be catastrophic for Israel with its 400 nuclear warheads and state-of-the-art killing power supplied by U.S. taxpayers, but that it would also endanger regional dictatorships, Europe, and even the United States.

If these warnings are to be believed, Iran is only a few years away from unveiling a nuclear bomb...and has been for the past three decades. Fittingly, let's begin in 1984.

www.wideasleepinamerica.com...

Finally i want to add this short video, which shows how the US is supporting diverse forces against the Iranian government.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL

LONDON — At a time of growing tension over its nuclear program and mounting belligerence toward the West, Iran reported on Wednesday that an Iranian nuclear scientist died in what was termed a “terrorist bomb blast” in northern Tehran when an unidentified motorcyclist attached a magnetic explosive device to his car.

NYTimes

Another nuclear scientist has been assassinated. Apparently witnesses at the scene stated that there saw to men on a motorbike plant the bomb on to the car. Subsequently the bomb exploded killing the driver and their target, the scientist.

Iran are blaming US and Israel of "state sponsored terrorism". Sounds about right to me but to be honest I would rather the US fight Iran this way, than full frontal war. Although I imagine that it is likely impossible for it not to come to that.

War is on the horizon.

ALS

Related links
globalresearch.ca...
www.bbc.co.uk...

I'm sorry but, "two men on a motorcycle" could be anybody, could even be islamic terrorists. Um, if i were the U.S. or Israel i'd have to ask to see some Identification before i accepted any blame. The U.S. doesn't assasinate people in broad daylight by planting bombs where everybody can see them, we prefer using drones now.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
No one ever mentions the Saudis... They don't like the predominately Shiite-Iranians either. Plus, I am sure it is a lot easier for them to get moles/spies/terrorists/assassins into Iran than it is for the U.S. and Israel as it is almost impossible to tell the difference physically between a Sunni and Shiite.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The next time a lightbulb blows out in my refrigerator i'm going to go blame some Iranians...
edit on 11-1-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by LongbottomLeaf

I doubt US involvement. The US relies on dirty tactics but thy are not dumb enough to get caught. Fast cancers, radiation, poison and single bullets are the CIA's way. I mean it's not like Muslims are obsessed with car bombs. Bombs are easy to make could have been anyone, could even be propaganda.
edit on 11-1-2012 by LongbottomLeaf because: ert

Oh yeah, US is involved at the very least indirectly. But they have not been caught have they? You do not expect that all the parts of that bomb have "Made in U.S.A" stamp? Made in Taiwan, perhaps.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Killing this one nuclear scientist
is a better option then full on
bombing, this will help slow down
the process in which Iran is trying
to make nuclear warheads.
Buying some time now is
the best option that can be taken as of now.
The thing spy movies are made of!

edit on 11-1-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join