It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald’s Restaurants in Australia Will Spray Synthetic DNA on Robbers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Foxy1

oh yeah your right.....I forgot the part of the article where it said the spray is so high tech it won't drift through the air and hit other people.....oh yeah it didn't....

In fact I do recall reading in the article that some of theses systems will be mounted over doorways, which means a good wind and anyone standing near the door will probably be sprayed.

Oh well, maybe your right, who cares if someone who just happened to be near the door when the crook runs past and they are allergic to this bio goop and they go into anaphylactic shock....after all it "might" catch a crook!....in fact as their airway is swelling shut and they choke to death, they should be happy and proud, because their sacrifice has insured that, one crook who made off with a couple hundred bucks from a fast food joint will be caught. I am sure that will give them and their family great comfort.

In fact I guess it is a civil duty to be groped, scanned, sprayed with bio goop, kicked in the nuts etc....so we can all be safe from criminals and terrorists. Maybe we should just have mandatory nation wide house arrest....then we would all be safe..

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
the ultra violet spectrum is pretty cool since we sort of talking about it. only one species on planet earth actually sees in the ultra violet spectrum. its a species of bird that flies higher than eagles; called the kestral. This species of bird can see the field mice trails due to the fact that the uv spectrum reflects every type of light off every surface. this includes light reflected off the field mice's urine because field mice leave this trail from their paws.
Being able to see in the ultra violet spectrum is pretty much the shiznit of perception. Not being able to see in the uv spectrum makes us pretty lame as to the reality of our enviroment. But sounds like big brother has us beat there.
edit on 10-1-2012 by Foxy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

You state that it is in fact just a dye. Are you certain of this?

i already posted this link, which has been largely ignored, i guess facts and logic arent cool these days.
its threads like this that make being an ATS member slightly embaressing.

www.smartwater.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by prisoneronashipoffools
reply to post by Foxy1

oh yeah your right.....I forgot the part of the article where it said the spray is so high tech it won't drift through the air and hit other people.....oh yeah it didn't....

In fact I do recall reading in the article that some of theses systems will be mounted over doorways, which means a good wind and anyone standing near the door will probably be sprayed.

Oh well, maybe your right, who cares if someone who just happened to be near the door when the crook runs past and they are allergic to this bio goop and they go into anaphylactic shock....after all it "might" catch a crook!....in fact as their airway is swelling shut and they choke to death, they should be happy and proud, because their sacrifice has insured that, one crook who made off with a couple hundred bucks from a fast food joint will be caught. I am sure that will give them and their family great comfort.

In fact I guess it is a civil duty to be groped, scanned, sprayed with bio goop, kicked in the nuts etc....so we can all be safe from criminals and terrorists. Maybe we should just have mandatory nation wide house arrest....then we would all be safe..

Listen friend I understand your qualms,
i had the same when I read a thread about a cop pepper spraying a 13 year old in a classroom. have you ever been in the same room as a pepper spray incident? everyone in the room suffers because of it.
and Im pretty sure more people get sprayed with pepper spray than they do dna. And last time I checked more people have an adverse reaction to pepper then dna. probally because we are all made of dna and not pepper...therefore there are no cases of being allergic to dna since we are all made of it...but pepper on the other hand...
edit on 10-1-2012 by Foxy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimosa

You state that it is in fact just a dye. Are you certain of this?

i already posted this link, which has been largely ignored, i guess facts and logic arent cool these days.
its threads like this that make being an ATS member slightly embaressing.

www.smartwater.com...

And when someone asks a legitimate question, it's always a valuable addition for the thread to come back with an insult right?

"I posted the link here" is all that's really necessary.

Thanks anyway,

Peace

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I'm still trying to figure out how people are stealing from McD's

don't you have to order and then pay AND then you get your food?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
I'm still trying to figure out how people are stealing from McD's

don't you have to order and then pay AND then you get your food?

I don't think they're doing the Hamburglar thing. That would be REALLY desperate to hold up a McD's for a Cardboard Burger...

It would be the money in the till I'm thinking.

Peace

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

ahh..ok..

That makes more sense....

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
I don't think they're doing the Hamburglar thing. That would be REALLY desperate to hold up a McD's for a Cardboard Burger...

It would be the money in the till I'm thinking.

Peace

We'll certainly know society has become totally crazy when a guy turns up with a gun and a few friends and demands the McDonald Happy Lucky Brithday Party his parents never treated him to.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimosa

The problem with your link that you keep posting, is that it is irrelevant to this spray; different spray, made by a different company using a similar but different method. Here is a link to an article comparing the two and their differences. enjoy.

try this link....

the main difference between the two is that smart water uses rare earth minerals as unique identifier and
selectadna uses

its unique chemical markers are short stretches of DNA, each with a different sequence of the chemical bases that form the building blocks of that molecule.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Bad idea. The moment a customer or thief has an adverse allergic reaction the the chemical instant lawsuit. Not to mention the bystanders and staff members. Plus some thieves are creative. Since they would hear about this story the will be suited up in a jump suit and face mask that they will ditch after the heist. When I used to work at mickey d's I shyt you not we were robbed at gun point in the drive through. I was like give him all the hamburgers!!!!! and fix him a drink with his paper bag of money. I'm not losing my life over a $400 till at a $6 an hour job -_-. McDonalds would naturally try to snake out of pay funeral arrangements and then my parents would have to sue. Please.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
kind of similiar if not the same as what we call smart water iver here(uk) alot of places use it,
even citizens in houses. normal procedure to get smart water scanned when getting arrested

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Mounted over the doors? What if it's raining outside and the thief is rocking full rain gear and decides to go for the safe in the back and then go through the back door. Normally in a robbery the thief will lock every one in the walk in freezer but the manager. Make the manager open the safe and empty the tills and then bolt of of the back. Most Restaurants in my area have an after hours security guard or police officer guarding it Because the Walmart and 50 oter restaurants built by the shopping center are by the ghetto.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Ammonia can destroy DNA... more effective with a mix of hydrogen peroxide... So congrats.. your multi-million dollar research has been nullified by $5 at a convenient store... just like cheap sunglasses nullify facial recognition police cameras.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Or a ski mask... or a cheap umbrella as you exit the establishment... and then burn your clothes...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
DNA McSpray to foil thieves - McDonalds to use new anti-theft spray

Read more: www.news.com.au...

McDONALD'S restaurants are fighting back against thieves by blasting suspected robbers with an invisible DNA spray as they attempt to flee.

Read more: www.news.com.au...

The spray, which remains on the suspect's skin for two weeks and on clothes for up to six months, has been introduced in some of the chain's busiest NSW stores, including those at Parramatta, Granville, Auburn, Lidcome, Kingsford and Wollongong, reported The Daily Telegraph. If the SelectaDNA "forensic marking" spray proves successful in apprehending bandits, McDonald's will introduce the system across all its 780 Australian outlets. Developed in the United Kingdom by a police officer and a chemist, the spray has been used by McDonald's outlets in Britain and Europe. Read more: www.news.com.au...

And they claim an 85% crime reduction rate? This is hard to believe. In fact, I don't believe it one bit.

This is the first time the system will be used in Australia, and although its marketers claim an "85 per cent crime reduction" rate, the proof of its worth is not yet clear. Read more: www.news.com.au...

I'm more concerned about the origin of the DNA. What species will it be? Bacteria has DNA, rats have DNA, but I assumed at first glance it would be human DNA. But then how would it be used to tag and find a robber? It has to be unique and trackable.

There is the phenomenon of phantom DNA clouds. People in the environment, the patterns in their DNA leave a sort of metaphysical frequency in the air, a cloud of photon alignments, after the DNA holder leaves the spot, to be enjoyed or loathed by the next person in the area. What sort of imprint does this DNA leave on the robber, but more I'm concerned, what sort of imprint does it leave while in an un-applied state at the chain restaurant?

Let's say I invent a spray that sticks on a person, and it happens to be ricin or some other toxic spore of DNA, that sticks with someone for a month...and gives them cancer in the long run. Does the 85% crime reduction rate mean that 85 out of 100 robbers will die from the DNA spray? It sounds harmless, that the robber will get some invisible benign cooties designed to shame him or her, but there is no guarantee of non-toxic effects. Is it DNA that causes "side" effects like nausea, open sores, or other health hazards?

Applied like a punishment, it can't be good. McDonald's has weaponized it's cash registers with a biohazardous material?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
www.phoenix.edu...

From the above link:

It's a nearly impossible-to-remove transparent adhesive embedded with nickel alloy or polyester microdots … that contain a unique code and phone number. The information glows in ultraviolet light and can be read under a microscope,” reports msnbc.com.

Impossible to remove, nearly. A temporary tattoo in other words. Synthetic DNA. Polyester. I'd hate to get polyester into my eyes.

One of the side thoughts was "the mark of the beast", painted on invisibly. Or put into the water supply to be ingested and embedded into cells. Can you imagine having to ingest a chemical that puts a unique code and phone number into your cells? I presume it is much like a spray-on tan that lasts for a time.

The only way to outwit a spray-on tag is to tag everybody in a certain area with the same tag. This is dangerous because of transdermal technology, where a patch or a spray can go through the skin barrier and into the bloodstream. There can be a bunch of side effects from being exposed to invisible sprays. This has terroristic applications. This could be a WMD in the wrong hands, and nobody would see it until it was too late.

But we can trust McDonalds with it? For a bank, for a diamond store, sure, use the spray. For a food place where billions and kagillions are fed weird food-like products that when eaten for a month give someone diseases, what is one more disease?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Wow can someone spray me with that?

I wanna be black light reflective!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Foxy1
The only reason this stuff works is because it sounds high tech. You have to actually physically get close enough to an individual and shine a Uv light on him. So what are they gonna do set up a road block and check every inch of every person crossing that intersection with a small handheld uv light?
If they had a uv camera at an intersection perhaps looking for glowing people walking across the cross walk maybe it would be different.

Close. They use a satellite surveillance system, do a broad scan of public areas. They probably do these scans all the time anyways, because McDs isn't the only security user out there. With the holographic LIDAR 3D reconstruction technology, they can see you in your house. Not like a McD's thief is going to be a high priority for all that information, unless he left a massacre at the restaurant. They just want to get the (stupid and cheap) mass public acclimated to tag-and-release population management.

Actually, it would be great if they could devise a spray marker system in McDs so that, you eat, you get sprayed, and you can't come back to eat again until the spray fades. Health control. Hopefully the spray will fade in 2 months, because that's how malnutritious that food is.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Yeah you are completely right. If here in the UK I was to attempt to go at someone with a weapon or f*** someone up for trying to steal from my house or business then I would probably end up doing jail time.

Anyways, back on topic. I think this DNA spray sounds a bit crap. Hopefully it won't turn out to be though.

Cheers OP.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join