It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald’s Restaurants in Australia Will Spray Synthetic DNA on Robbers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

"SelectaDNA is non-toxic, non-allergenic and perfectly safe to deploy. It meets all Australian standards," Read more: www.news.com.au...

Good for them. Non-violent and helps punish thieves. What's not to like?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by jude11

"SelectaDNA is non-toxic, non-allergenic and perfectly safe to deploy. It meets all Australian standards," Read more: www.news.com.au...

Good for them. Non-violent and helps punish thieves. What's not to like?

Hi,

On the bright side, I can't help but LOVE their big macs and fries. SERIOUSLY!

Though, rather than choose to eat it within their specified 29 minutes 59.9999 seconds - or we take you to the death camp
- I go to the drive-thru & take them home instead! What if they someday make (so-called) food which SELF DESTRUCTS within 30 minutes from purchase? - bl**dy relish everywhere!!!

edit on 10-1-2012 by neotech1neothink because: add pic

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Who robs a McDonalds??? If your gonna go through the trouble of robbing something why not make it worth your while and rob a bank? same crime either way...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

What's not to like?

While I do appreciate efforts to address crime, I am just wondering why 60 chromosomes instead of ink or dye? Just seems strange that someone would come up with spraying DNA for a visual marker. As far as "up to standards" so was DDT at one point. Stretching I know, but you know how harm from new products sometimes only becomes an issue after the fact.(usually after some doe has been made)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I wouldn't want anyone spraying me with their DNA, thats just nasty and disrespectful...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

This is ATS. It would be odd if people did not try to find a conspiracy in this. Does not mean there is one.

I'm guessing that is what it took to make it show up under black light and the bad guy not be able to wash it off easily?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
I wouldn't want anyone spraying me with their DNA, thats just nasty and disrespectful...

Ok, that's just wrong...

Funny, but wrong...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Would that not depend on who the somebody is?
Oops, going off topic a bit here or is my mind just warped a bit. This is ATS so the later is the most likely.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
of course it's globalist mcdonalds with their wonderful agenda for the world wanting to undertake the trial run for the rest of us.

these procedures and protocols are being put into place that make it nearly impossible to ever stop without completely destroying it all in the process, and they KNOW it will go through as planned because someone is dumb enough to enforce it happily with enough pay.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

This is ATS. It would be odd if people did not try to find a conspiracy in this. Does not mean there is one.

True true, but I suspect if you were to just ask random people what they thought about being sprayed with synthetic DNA, they would still say eewww. I am not seeking a conspirator angle even though who's to say the dna doesn't contain bio-nano-probes that alter a criminal's DNA, making them passive and non- agressive. How's that for taking it to another level?
But yes, we here are much more suspicious than the ordinary joe, for better and/or worse.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
DNA McSpray to foil thieves - McDonalds to use new anti-theft spray

* Will be trialled at busiest NSW stores
* Developed in the UK by a cop and chemist
* Will be rolled out nationally if a success

Read more: www.news.com.au...

McDONALD'S restaurants are fighting back against thieves by blasting suspected robbers with an invisible DNA spray as they attempt to flee.

Read more: www.news.com.au...

I honestly don't know what is more concerning here. Is this a test run of sorts? Get the public used to being subjected to even more types of ID procedures or is it really just what they are claiming?

And as I understand it, in Britain for example it is the home owner who will be charged for fighting back and protecting their property in the case of robbery but if McD's does it, it's ok. It doesn't matter how the defense is launched, it is still an assault on a person but it's illegal for a simple citizen to do such a thing.

And lastly, could I put this in MY little corner bakery? Somehow I doubt it. Maybe.

The spray, which remains on the suspect's skin for two weeks and on clothes for up to six months, has been introduced in some of the chain's busiest NSW stores, including those at Parramatta, Granville, Auburn, Lidcome, Kingsford and Wollongong, reported The Daily Telegraph. If the SelectaDNA "forensic marking" spray proves successful in apprehending bandits, McDonald's will introduce the system across all its 780 Australian outlets. Developed in the United Kingdom by a police officer and a chemist, the spray has been used by McDonald's outlets in Britain and Europe. Read more: www.news.com.au...

And they claim an 85% crime reduction rate? This is hard to believe. In fact, I don't believe it one bit.

This is the first time the system will be used in Australia, and although its marketers claim an "85 per cent crime reduction" rate, the proof of its worth is not yet clear. Read more: www.news.com.au...

It isn't actual DNA it's a chemical dye and contains unique identifiers in it that, like DNA evidence, indicate where the dye was from.

That's all. Just marketing & hype.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

You state that it is in fact just a dye. Are you certain of this?

SelectaDNA "forensic marking"...DNA, or deoxyribonucleic acid, is the hereditary material in humans and almost all other organisms.

Why use the term DNA if it is not?

I'm open to the possibility of it being just a dye but the article does not mention that at all.

Peace

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
"Once there has been a security breach, the hi-tech spray unit will douse fleeing robbers with an invisible, synthetic DNA solution,"

If the Maccas in Australia decide to use the system as they done in Europe, with the spray on the doors used to spray fleeing robbers, than, what;s not to say that they could keep this thing on everyday and spray every unsuspecting person?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

"Once there has been a security breach, the hi-tech spray unit will douse fleeing robbers with an invisible, synthetic DNA solution,"

If the Maccas in Australia decide to use the system as they done in Europe, with the spray on the doors used to spray fleeing robbers, than, what;s not to say that they could keep this thing on everyday and spray every unsuspecting person?

Good point and a few other posters including myself have brought up the same issue.

What defense would you have if you were caught with this crap all over you and yet, you were only standing there waiting near the door when someone got sprayed because of a robbery?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
The only reason this stuff works is because it sounds high tech. You have to actually physically get close enough to an individual and shine a Uv light on him. So what are they gonna do set up a road block and check every inch of every person crossing that intersection with a small handheld uv light?
If they had a uv camera at an intersection perhaps looking for glowing people walking across the cross walk maybe it would be different.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foxy1
The only reason this stuff works is because it sounds high tech. You have to actually physically get close enough to an individual and shine a Uv light on him. So what are they gonna do set up a road block and check every inch of every person crossing that intersection with a small handheld uv light?
If they had a uv camera at an intersection perhaps looking for glowing people walking across the cross walk maybe it would be different.

I never doubt anymore as to what extremes our watchers will go to in order to keep an eye on us.

Your scenario is very possible IMO.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimosa

well if you bothered to read the article posted you would see that the spray in question uses DNA which is why everyone is going on about the "DNA nonsense"

The spray contains a synthetic DNA strand composed of 60 variable chromosomes, said SelectaDNA director David Morrissey.

Now......Want an explanation of why people might be bothered about being sprayed with dna based bio goop? Sure....how about in this world you have people allergic to, peanuts, soy, wheat, shellfish....in fact if you look hard enough you can probably find at least one person allergic to everything under the sun, but yeah this 60 variable bio goop is ABSOLUTELY non allergenic.... Why? Because the company that makes it says so?....

Yeah I can see the spin now "Our 60 variable bio goop is ABSOLUTELY safe, non toxic and non allergenic.....never mind the innocent bystander convulsing by the front door of mcdonalds......must have been a pre existing condition.....yeah that's it pre existing...."

It's sad we live in a world where people would freak out, and rightfully so, if some randoms stranger started spraying them with various body fluids, but companies want to be able to spray people with some lab made bio goop and they don't bat an eye....

People like that are why I don't worry about the NWO conspiracies any more, because they are the reason that the human race deserves to wake up in a dystopic orwellian future, where every morning they roll out of bed, to get a jackboot to the face, forever.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
when is the last time you had to stand in line for your uv scan? perhaps they are allready monitering us with uv cameras publicly and we dont know it?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by prisoneronashipoffools
reply to post by lacrimosa

well if you bothered to read the article posted you would see that the spray in question uses DNA which is why everyone is going on about the "DNA nonsense"

The spray contains a synthetic DNA strand composed of 60 variable chromosomes, said SelectaDNA director David Morrissey.

Now......Want an explanation of why people might be bothered about being sprayed with dna based bio goop? Sure....how about in this world you have people allergic to, peanuts, soy, wheat, shellfish....in fact if you look hard enough you can probably find at least one person allergic to everything under the sun, but yeah this 60 variable bio goop is ABSOLUTELY non allergenic.... Why? Because the company that makes it says so?....

Yeah I can see the spin now "Our 60 variable bio goop is ABSOLUTELY safe, non toxic and non allergenic.....never mind the innocent bystander convulsing by the front door of mcdonalds......must have been a pre existing condition.....yeah that's it pre existing...."

It's sad we live in a world where people would freak out, and rightfully so, if some randoms stranger started spraying them with various body fluids, but companies want to be able to spray people with some lab made bio goop and they don't bat an eye....

People like that are why I don't worry about the NWO conspiracies any more, because they are the reason that the human race deserves to wake up in a dystopic orwellian future, where every morning they roll out of bed, to get a jackboot to the face, forever.

cmon man if someone robbed you would you be concerned about their allergies? Ever see those signs that say trespassers will be shot? they dont say trespassers beware your allergies.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
i saw an episode of ghost hunters where they developed an ultra violet camera. if those guys can do it im sure its cheap enough for big brother to put in areas with high pedestrian traffic.
edit on 10-1-2012 by Foxy1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join