It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Mushroom Cloud Seen After N.Korea Explosion 9/9/04

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by rangeroftheeast

Originally posted by Bleys
No increase in radiation, contradicting Kim. Curious.

Gee whiz, you think Kim could be lying!

I mean, he's not exactly the most reliable guy in the world...

LOL - I see that I failed to express my [sarcasm on] [sarcasm off] properly.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   

"That would be an awful shame," said Powell, when asked about the possibility, "But it was a fairly inexpensive operation. I mean, it would be inexpensive. I assume. If that's what it was."

www.thebentinel.com...

Apparently, Powell is gleeing for the success of the sabotage.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng

"That would be an awful shame," said Powell, when asked about the possibility, "But it was a fairly inexpensive operation. I mean, it would be inexpensive. I assume. If that's what it was."

www.thebentinel.com...

Apparently, Powell is gleeing for the success of the sabotage.

yes....it reads that way......

were any civilians killed in this explosion I wonder?
there hasn't been any mention of that yet has there?

[edit on 12-9-2004 by bushblows]

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
It's something that doesn't exist or has importance in NK. You aren't an individual you are part of a group. And numbers about casualties are unimportant for them.
- would wonder me if any detailed will be relased.

[edit on 12-9-2004 by shoo]

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Of course Powell is going to deny knowledge. Here are a list of some of his duties- nothing military here:

-He serves as the President�s main adviser on foreign policy.
-He conducts talks with foreign leaders and other officials.
-He works with foreign countries on treaties and agreements.
-He researches and writes reports about all aspects of foreign countries.
-He informs the Congress and citizens on the conduct of foreign relations.
-He promotes friendly relationships, economic trade and peace with the nations of the world

64.233.179.104...:87sKSA47GlQJ:www.timeforkids.com/TFK/media/teachers/pdfs/2002S/020426WRw1.pdf+%22secretary+of+state%22+AND+respon sibilities&hl=en

Now lets look at plausible deniability:

Plausible deniability is a political doctrine originally developed in the United States of America in the 1950s and applied to operations by the then newly-formed Central Intelligence Agency.

Plausible deniability involves the creation of power structures and chains of command loose and informal enough to be denied if necessary. The idea was that the CIA (and, later, other bodies) could be given controversial instructions by powerful figures -- up to and including the president himself -- but that the existence and true source of those instructions could be denied if necessary; if, for example, an operation went disastrously wrong and it was necessary for the administration to disclaim responsibility.

www.wordiq.com...

Plausible deniability, it wasn't a nuclear blast but we don' t know what it is.. and why would he?

MK

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The article from "The Bentinel" should not be taken seriously. The site bills itself as "Clean, family-friendly news satire and parody", and its other "Top Stories" consist of the following:

-Nader's "Anyone but Bush or Kerry" Campaign Gaining Popularity
-Bush Agrees to Serve in Air National Guard
-Pamela Anderson Protests NASA's 'Wanton Destruction of the Scorpion'
-NASA Combats Global Warming, Begins Dismantling Sun
-Al-Douri Not in Custody, Guernsey's Mark Dorey Held in Iraq
-Franks Pins Breakup of Pangea on Democrats
-Doctors Coax Man's Body to Grow New Brain

If Kim Jong Il had reallysaid that you can bet that it would be all over the lrgit news sites.......

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Thanks for telling me! I usually don't expect that members post full quotes from fake sites
- I thought ATSNN should be free of this

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Sorry, I never actually meant to post this.

[edit on 12-9-2004 by The Big O]

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Question:
Are "RAD" warnings being posted or proclaimed anywhere?
Despite what Kim-Jong has to say, despite what neighboring countries and their respective governments have to say, the 'evidence' on whether it is a nuke explosion or anything dealing with "RAD" materials will be determined, if not already by weather and military sat's and sensors that would and CAN easily detect "RAD" emissions from detonations, etc.

There will be no plausible deniabilty....the US Government does not and cannot control 'every' other governments from reporting said findings, etc. from said sensory devices (ie: China, Japan, India, Russia, etc.)
You can bet that this incident is not only of interest to just the US....all the above mentioned countires, if not more, have a vested interest in this type information....

seekerof

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
forest fires make mushroom clouds then do they!

I know 'here it comes...' it was an ASTEROID! My God Aussie Bloke was right were all going to die...

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by rustiswordz
forest fires make mushroom clouds then do they!

I know 'here it comes...' it was an ASTEROID! My God Aussie Bloke was right were all going to die...

Your a bit late to the party, eh? Much of this has been covered. Even the asteroid angle.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
1) Im being sarcastic.
2) im not reading through 13 pages of Bull***t...

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I think this thread has been exhaused due to the endless speculatory pages.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Has anyone seen any Satellite Images?
Do we have any Reports out of China, or Russia?
If this was indeed a Nuke, I'm sure One of these two countries would have been on alert, especially if it was not known beforehand.

Who and where was the origin of this report. (Who Broke it?)
When was the 'Questionable" Bush Papers released?

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
[edit on 12-9-2004 by bushblows]

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

Alleged Nuclear Test Site Said to House Missile Launch Facilities

SEOUL, Sept. 12 (Yonhap) -- North Korea's Kimhyongjik County, reported as the site of the North's alleged test explosion of a nuclear weapon, is a mountainous area bordering China.

Located in the North's northernmost inland province of Yanggang, the area lies next to China's Jian City in the northern Chinese province of Jilian, where millions of ethnic Koreans reside.

Its a nuclear test. Or a very bad accident.

pray to God that it was an accident. north korea DOES posesses the ability to hit the western united states, japan, russia, china, and almost anyother place in the pacific. if this was indeed a test we had better move our nuclear forces to DEFCON 3 ( for those who are SAC illterate, dont know what else to call it, DEFCON 3 is right in the middle of the DEFCON scale. DEFCON 5 is the lowest level and DEFCON 1 is the highest level of readyness possibly even launching ICBMS and bombers at DEFCON 1.) maybe even DEFCON 2 to show the koreans we mean business. we will turn that country to glass if they fire at us or anyone else. God please let it be an accident.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Critical problem with the Black Ops scenerio: if they went to all the trouble to insert those guys in NK and set off a bomb, why did they use one so small? 20kt is not very big. If you're going to all that trouble at least do the job all the way, right?

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
This is the story the top news sites and Cable News is going with at the moment... Also see the full article.

ABCNEWS.com Full Article

SEOUL, South Korea Sept. 12, 2004 � A huge mushroom cloud that reportedly billowed up from North Korea was not caused by a nuclear explosion, South Korean and U.S. officials said Sunday, but they said the cause was a mystery.

Secretary of State Colin Powell confirmed that unusual activity had recently been detected at some of North Korea's atomic sites, but said there was no concrete evidence the North's secretive communist regime was preparing for its first nuclear test explosion.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by NothingMakesSense
Critical problem with the Black Ops scenerio: if they went to all the trouble to insert those guys in NK and set off a bomb, why did they use one so small? 20kt is not very big. If you're going to all that trouble at least do the job all the way, right?

Sometimes reading 13-pages is worth the time. Meanwhile seismologic analysis showed that it was a series of more than 20 smaller explosions. This supports the exploded *insert Weapon storage, missile facility or whatever* theory.

If black-op or not...that's probably something we will never know.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dotgov101

Furthermore, if this were a test, believe you me, he would have bragged about it BEFORE it happened, WHILE it was happening, and AFTER the fact. It would have been professionally filmed and shown to the populace in order to show how technologically advanced DPRNK really is. This was an accident, but he may claim was a test. News rarely comes in or out of DPRNK, so we may never know....

Korean Mushroom Cloud Was Nuclear Test, Says Kim Jong Il

PYONGYANG, North Korea - DPRK leader Kim Jong Il broke North Korea's silence Sunday on the explosion detected in its northern province of Ryanggang, resulting in a mushroom cloud over two miles in diameter. "In view of the danger we face in sharing the globe with an aggressor such as the United States," read Kim Jong on KCNA, "We felt we could no longer sit at the negotiating table while our enemies prepared for invasion on our soil. To prove our sincerity as well as our might, we launched this test of our nuclear arsenal. Let the world take note, and take heed."

www.thebentinel.com...

A true psychopath with a hint of an inferiority complex.
Dot.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join