It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Mushroom Cloud Seen After N.Korea Explosion 9/9/04

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
No it was a train carrying toxic chemicals.

Yes please a link, and I would also like to know why so many people in ehre are so ready to believe a communist country that has one of the worse human right history...yet, the same people would deny anything the government of the US, or the UK would say....

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

Originally posted by John bull 1
No it was a train carrying toxic chemicals.

Yes please a link, and I would also like to know why so many people in ehre are so ready to believe a communist country that has one of the worse human right history...yet, the same people would deny anything the government of the US, or the UK would say....

You know, as a rule, if a country has a poor record on human rights, usually its record on industrial health and safety is not to good either.

BTW, if it was an aboveground test, then someone would have picked up the radioisotope signatures from the fallout. Lots of people that aren’t connected to the government do ths type of monitoring. Primarily for the nuclear power industry, but the fact is that sampling and analysis is done by private contractors. and yes, the falloout would have reached the U.S., Europe, and the rest of Asia.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark

You know, as a rule, if a country has a poor record on human rights, usually its record on industrial health and safety is not to good either.

Except if the government is repressive and controls the media and information coming out from the country....which NK has done quite a few times.

BTW, if it was an aboveground test, then someone would have picked up the radioisotope signatures from the fallout. Lots of people that aren’t connected to the government do ths type of monitoring. Primarily for the nuclear power industry, but the fact is that sampling and analysis is done by private contractors. and yes, the falloout would have reached the U.S., Europe, and the rest of Asia.

Really, there are independent monitors in NK?....since when?
And please do tell me what else can make a mushroom cloud of 2.5 miles. Also what a coincidence that not long after this mushroom cloud appeared NK decides to say to the world they finally have nukes...

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
i remembered this post also...
i still suspect it was nuclear... and yes, there are many civilian agencies that could have picked up the radiation signiture (outside the country)...

hell... any AWACS could detect radiation from over 100 miles away.... let alone all the civilian organizations in south korea, or China, or even japan... (radiation gets around)...
the chernobyl damage was largely centered a quarter way around the world, in northern europe...

if it was nuclear, then their would have had to be an aggressive effort by authorities to "hush up" any civilian knowledge in the name of "national security"
I don't see us being that good at "hush ups", so maybe something will still come out...
but until then, we have the take the little Korean troll dolls word for it...

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I doubt that it was nuclear at this point because there are too many independant ways to verfy things. Japan seems to be fiercly anti nuclear for obvious reasons and narry a peep from them nor any of the vocal anti nuclear groups based there.

However, the explanation rings false as well. So we are stuck here for at least the next 30 or so years untill the information is declassified.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   
The thing to keep in mind...a fact that I mentioned quite early into this thread...is that it's possible, despite the numerous means to detect, that countries with these means have formed a pact not to disclose that the explosion was nuclear even if it was.

Such a denial takes quite a bit of wind out of Kim Jong Il's sails. Also, though there seemed to be a move toward verifying the characteristics of the explosion, every report I had heard about inspectors visiting the site was followed up with an excuse as to why the inspectors would not be visiting the detonation site.

This still doesn't smell right to me. I guess that when a NK ballistic missle is hurtled toward CA or AK and the 'interceptor' fails to down it, we'll know for sure won't we?

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
They would probably use suicide-nukers. Put a nuke on a sub, sail it in position... BOOOM!

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

Really, there are independent monitors in NK?....since when?
And please do tell me what else can make a mushroom cloud of 2.5 miles. Also what a coincidence that not long after this mushroom cloud appeared NK decides to say to the world they finally have nukes...

Do you have reading comprehension problems?

On above ground test would put enough radio isotopes into the atmosphere to be detectable at every nuclear power monitoring station in the U.S and Europe. Since the labs that analyse the environmental samples for U.S. power companies are private contractors, they would have to be in on the decsption, as well as all of the people at the power companies responsible for the anual reports to the NRC, as well as the NRC itself. How else would they be able to explain the sipes in the I-12, Sr-90, readings as well as the dozen or so wierd isotopes that only show up from a fission reaction?

When Chernoble blew, I was working as a lab tech for one of those companies. We were getting all sorts of stuff in the environment for a couple of weeks afterwords.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
This topic sure brings back memories. Love how we were all so convinced that N. Korea and their nuclear ability was going to cause us invading or attacking them.

The media sure put so much fear in our souls.

Hey reminds me of a current situation at the moment....

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry

N. Korea and their nuclear ability

I don't believe NK can make nukes, and I'm puzzled that the world still seems to believe that they can. Just because they blew up a suitcase nuke aquired on the black market, doesn't prove that they can make nukes. The size of the blast also indicates that it was a suitcase nuke. But the popular belief, seems to be that it was a "North Korean-made real nuke that didn't work as planned"...

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
anybody seen behind enemy lines part 2 Axis of Evil?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Is it me or are all the United States and EU's enemies getting their hands on Russian technology? I mean i am American and i really dislike this government but jeez......

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Wish we could put a stop to bumping old posts in the Alt news forum. It causes people to scramble for sources only to find out its 4 year old news.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I saw the movie Behind Enemy Lines Part.2
Which is about the mushroom cloud seen over N.Korea by satalites, and as i saw this movie I thought MAN that is so very possible!!!
While we're paying attention to Iraq, here is the U.S. sending an special OPs team into N.Korea to blow up NUKE missile and stop N.Koreas testing plans!!!
HHhmmmm!!!
sounds like the true to me!!!!

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join