It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Mushroom Cloud Seen After N.Korea Explosion 9/9/04

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Could this have been a potential strike that failed? US and Russian ICBM do not arm thier warheads untill a certain speed is reaced as a safety measure, but would Kim be so cautious? Its downrange from the missile site, what if they tried a launch and it failed and the warhead cooked off? Or maybe they were fit testing a warhead and accidently launched?

If thats the case than he is a bigger danger than anyone gave him credit for. I think that North Korea should have been the ones to go to War with, as imo they are a greater threat to the International Community than Iraq ever were and perhaps were ever capable of bieng.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   

If thats the case than he is a bigger danger than anyone gave him credit for. I think that North Korea should have been the ones to go to War with, as imo they are a greater threat to the International Community than Iraq ever were and perhaps were ever capable of bieng.

I don't have any proof to back that up, its just idle speculation. But given the blast site was so close to the launch site it was where my thoughts wandered too. Yes if Kim was going to launch or has the capacity to launch a nuke to the US, he can also threaten another areas as well. Taking Kim out will not be cheap in material and most importantly lives.

[edit on 12-9-2004 by FredT]

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
CNN on North Korea, special right now.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tsar_Bomba_Freak
North Korea Has Not Conducted Nuclear Test: Powell

www.turkishpress.com...

it was a chemical accident explosion

I disagree. This was an obvious forest fire
. But seriously. What are the odds of two massive explosions occuring in key areas like that? First there is the train wreck that just misses Kim and now the chemical blast in a key area. Smells more like secret strikes by the US. I wonder if there were any stealth fighters unaccounted for during that period of time?

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janus

Originally posted by Munro_DreadGod
Watched the news here is UK slant

www.itv.com...

Not sure if this a current sat pic of the blast site.

It doent look like that picture would be visible from space, but i could be wrong. They can do some amazing stuff with Satalite imaging.

Actually, that is a sat pic. You can get 1 metre resolution imagery even with commerical sat's now. However, that image is far too small to tell us anything whatsoever. Looks like there some buildings at the bottom right of the image. The crater seems to be the depression in the centre-right. Looks like part of a large complex has been blown to bits.

Smells like a major accident.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
could we say that the u.s. is now starting to fight a "cold war" with north korea and china? cold war 2? dealing with the leftovers?

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Couldn't a major er, 'accident' happen if the US happened to fly over in a B2 and drop a bomb right on a gigantic chemical dump?

NK seems to be having a lot of accidents these days.

Their defenses are not going to pick up a B2 bomber. Or a cruise missile, for that matter.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by krossfyter
could we say that the u.s. is now starting to fight a "cold war" with north korea and china? cold war 2? dealing with the leftovers?

the US has already called up discharged reservists to be blown up in Iraq...the last thing our easily mislead nation needs is to become entangled in anymore wars, cold or otherwise....

For those fortunate souls who have cable tv....could you please
keep the rest of us informed about the CNN special?

thanks

[edit on 12-9-2004 by bushblows]

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Here's another link to the seismic data from the day. I'll email the director of the site and ask his opinion and get back.
www.mgs.md.gov...

fwiw the blast time was 11:23 EST (I think that blows the 911 numbers conspiracy thing)

BTW does anyone have a link to good realtime seismic data. thanks.

[edit on 12-9-2004 by Romeo]

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
George Bush: how do we deal with north korea?
General John Abizaid: We deal with them insidiously. We paint a picture of aggressively trying for a diplomatic resolution of the situation to the world and to them while we strike undetected at first in strategic locations that would draw the least least amount of suspicion from them. Then we go in for the meat while their services are offline. That way the world thinks we are not fighting them while we are fighting them. The repercussions are of course action from China... but I have a plan for that to that piggy backs on this one. Now China...

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I think we can all agree that facts are few and far between in this case. What we do know for sure is;

A large mushroom cloud appeared suddently about 11.23 local time on 9/9/2004 which happens to be NK National Day

The cloud appeard directly over or near to semi-secret army installations that appear to be related to NK's ICBM program

No radiation has yet been reported

There have been no credible statements by NK admiting an accident or a nuclear test.

The explosion appears to have been above ground due to the crater and mushroom cloud and was very close (30km) to the China border.

Mr Powell (god bless 'em!) makes a thinly vailed statement hinting that it would not be hard for someone to cause such an explosion intentionally. This is unusual because he has 'left the door open' for people to speculate if the US was behind it

News stories circulated last year of the carcass of a NK ICBM found in Alaska. This was denied in the US media but was actually debated in the South Korean parliment, adding a great deal of weight to the story. times.hankooki.com...

I think I know where this story is heading......

[edit on 12-9-2004 by Rialto]

[edit on 12-9-2004 by Rialto]

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Fox news just announced they are covering this after commercial break

jesus, about freaking time.....four days...jesus

UPDATE: their official take is that it was not a nuclear test. did not mwention forest fires.... interesting..... no video or pictures

[edit on 9/12/04 by NothingMakesSense]

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by NothingMakesSense
Fox news just announced they are covering this after commercial break
jesus, about freaking time.....four days...jesus
[edit on 9/12/04 by NothingMakesSense]

The lack of coverage could be a story in an above itself. 4 days..... Thats alot of time for the news media to get ahold of a story. No doubt its hard to get information out of NK, but this is crazy. Even if its no big deal the strange silence, the cover stories inconsistent with the information provided, all serve to raise many more questions than if they were up front with stuff. However, that being said based on our Intell communities performance on 911 its possible they have no clue about this either.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
You'd think that if NK detonated a nuke that Kim Jong Il would be jumping up and down screaming how great he is. At the same time, if the US, or an accident, destroyed 20 years of work which constitutes a big portion of that country's meager resources, he will act like nothing happened.

[edit on 12-9-2004 by taibunsuu]

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu
You'd think that if NK detonated a nuke that Kim Jong Il would be jumping up and down screaming how great he is. At the same time, if the US, or an accident, destroyed 20 years of work which constitutes a big portion of that country's meager resources, he will act like nothing happened.

I think you hit the situation right on the head though except, the US would not strike just that target. If the US did do it and was caught, Kim would pour his troops over the border like ants on a rib roast

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by taibunsuu

I think you hit the situation right on the head though except, the US would not strike just that target. If the US did do it and was caught, Kim would pour his troops over the border like ants on a rib roast

I don't think it'd work, the whole penninsula war thing. The NK soldiers would be like ants, but ants getting hit with a firehose. The NK army sucks and the DMZ is very defendable. It's the possibility of having a war and the expense and human lives involved that NK uses as a bargaining chip.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
has anyone thought that maybe isreal could be behind a black-ops attack? This may be related to the upcoming Isreal attack on Iran's nuclear facilities.....

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rialto
has anyone thought that maybe isreal could be behind a black-ops attack? This may be related to the upcoming Isreal attack on Iran's nuclear facilities.....

No, because NKU and Israel have nothing to do with each other. Israel is not directly threatened by the NKU while they are so by Iran. Operating in NKU while they could be focusing on Iran wouldn't make any sense.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I dont think this is such a god thing... not because they have nukes.. but in my opinion moreover because it give bush another place to bomb and another reason to start a war... we know how he works

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Perhaps the bombing of NKs high-tech weapon infrastructure is a 'hint hint' at Iran.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join