It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Mushroom Cloud Seen After N.Korea Explosion 9/9/04

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
nm

[edit on 12-9-2004 by goldenboy]

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Get this: Powell says the blast was not nuclear.

Then he says he doesn't know what it was. So if he doesn't know what it is, then how the hell can he immedietely rule out nuclear?

What's going on here? We need to know!

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Imagine you were in N Korea's shoes. They would only use a nuke if their regime was about to be toppled. An attack such as this by the US is not going to topple the regime.

Or they could be conduction a test of a nuclear bomb? I don't know of any countries who have created nuclear devices without testing them.
U.S. did, Russia did, even Pakistan and India did a few years ago.

No need to call people dumb, just makes you look bad.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo

Then he says he doesn't know what it was. So if he doesn't know what it is, then how the hell can he immedietely rule out nuclear?

whatver

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Perhaps there were no seismic spikes to indicate a nuclear blast.
I'd imagine a nuclear explosion makes a pretty noticable signature on a seismograph.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skibum

Imagine you were in N Korea's shoes. They would only use a nuke if their regime was about to be toppled. An attack such as this by the US is not going to topple the regime.

Or they could be conduction a test of a nuclear bomb? I don't know of any countries who have created nuclear devices without testing them.
U.S. did, Russia did, even Pakistan and India did a few years ago.

No need to call people dumb, just makes you look bad.

ok

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
But just think about the stupidity of what they're doing.

They're expecting us to believe that it was a forest fire and that the clouds were due to bad weather.

So I guess, according to Powell, that 9/11 was because of a gas leak and the planes were seagulls that just happened to fly into the building at the right times!

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skibum

Perhaps there were no seismic spikes to indicate a nuclear blast.
I'd imagine a nuclear explosion makes a pretty noticable signature on a seismograph.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The current US admin doesn't "think before they act". It's not at all unlikely we're involved in this.

NK wouldn't be telling the world the Bush admin struck them; Bush and the leader of NK have been engaged in downright immature name calling
sessions for a while now. Ego is at stake here.

(Just speculation on my part, though).

Either or lets hope we get some substantial news items sometime soon.

[edit on 12-9-2004 by bushblows]

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   

eer..how do you know? Do you have seimic readings in your own hand?

now reread what I wrote

Perhaps there were no seismic spikes to indicate a nuclear blast. I'd imagine a nuclear explosion makes a pretty noticable signature on a seismograph.

I was just speculation as to how the U.S. may have come to the determination it wasn't a nuke.

WHat else can create a 2 mile mushroom cloud. It's most likely a nuclear bomb. It has to be. No conventional weapon can do that.

I have only read off record reports of this. Noboby has been willing to attatch thier name to this. BTW there are conventional weapons that do make rather large mushroom clouds.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   

But just think about the stupidity of what they're doing.

They're expecting us to believe that it was a forest fire and that the clouds were due to bad weather.

So I guess, according to Powell, that 9/11 was because of a gas leak and the planes were seagulls that just happened to fly into the building at the right times!

LOL, Seagulls............I love it.

It's obvious no government would release info on a Nuke like that because think of the hordes of people looting and stocking up on soup....therd be chaos!

I also don't think the US sent it - Bush is stupid, but the people who control him aren't THAT stupid, it would be like throwing a tomatoe at a wrestler in a pub - you know your ass is going to hell.

Well at least there is plenty of interest on the board, so even if the news never reveals the truth, I'm sure more than one person here will.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The thing is, once they deny the nuclear claim, will they confirm it? I mean it's standard practice to not confirm something you've already denied, whether it's true or not.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
The blast will probably be denied. Then it will be confirmed by some branch of the gov't during some unnoticed function. This is how the blackout was simultaneously denied and confirmed. It was denied by the media as intentional and a small group of military reviewers later admitted it was a test. This way the "dumb" people can be comfortable and the "smart" people can work with the correct information.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
This wasn't a nuclear explosion. If it was, we would have known about it right away. Any nuclear explosion can be detected instantly due to the signature it leaves in its wake, and the US is constantly monitoring for these things 24/7.

This was probably a massive explosion in a munitions factory or store in the mountainside, there are a lot of those facialities in that area. It could also have been a missile plant or fuel depot. Only takes one accident to set off a massive chain reaction and the whole mountainside would be obliterated.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Maybe N.K. are testing a new 'daisy cutter', or someone else let rip with one of these,
www.globalsecurity.org...

Mountain area, reminds me of the ousting of the Taliban. The percussion effect would
be devastating.

Sanc'.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Well it could be any of the things suggested here, the only thing we can do is watch and see how it develops.What ever it is it is significant that there is no varified evidence comming from anywhere.Colin Powell seems to be the only one of any significance who has come out and said what it isnt.
Id like to see someone credible say what the hell it is.
Im beggining to think that maybe it wasnt a nuke. Perhaps an accident at their missile facility?

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janus
Well it could be any of the things suggested here, the only thing we can do is watch and see how it develops.What ever it is it is significant that there is no varified evidence comming from anywhere.Colin Powell seems to be the only one of any significance who has come out and said what it isnt.
Im beggining to think that maybe it wasnt a nuke. Perhaps an accident at their missile facility?

You think Powell will admit it was an attack of US against NK?

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng

Originally posted by Janus

Not at all, im just saying hes the only one has said something on record.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by rangeroftheeast
This was probably a massive explosion in a munitions factory or store in the mountainside, there are a lot of those facialities in that area. It could also have been a missile plant or fuel depot. Only takes one accident to set off a massive chain reaction and the whole mountainside would be obliterated.

But then why all the intrigue and why not just say what really happened? This is just not making sense. The more time that goes by without a real explanation the more troubling this is. Already at this point I can't see anyone here accepting any official explanation as the truth.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   

You got any evidence it was an attack?
Or are you just throwing out another wild speculation?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join