It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredibly Strange Phenomena in Knoxville Tennessee Right Now (teus,10-1-12 4am)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I would love to know if the OP (esteay812) is STILL listening to the rumbling...

The sustained and prolonged period of time of this phenomenon is what is getting my attention...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I'm in north central Louisiana.
2nd

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by murch

This is the strangest thing....they may not be related, but who knows? It's been heard in so many places. However, the OP is very near the New Madrid fault line so I am concerned that may be the source of what he's hearing.

The New Madrid (Western TN) is the opposite side of the state (Eastern TN). The closest fault line to the OP would be the Eastern Tennessee Seismic Zone. Actually he is sitting right on top of it.

I've wondered many times if the New Madrid goes if it will effect the ETSZ. Considering I'm in the same area I hope not!

OiO

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I'm in north central Louisiana.
2nd

Bah, thats the flatlands. You dig down 3 feet and you would probably hit the water table. Doubtful that sound is coming from underground in that case.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Wow, I wish I could hear some of this phenom, its been a weird few days. Are there any military bases near-by. I know when they are doing Artillery training at Fort Chaffee, I can hear the Artillery from about 30-40 miles away, Its along way, and sounds like the world is falling apart.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Word. I'm in Colorado and just before you posted this I have a phone call to a friend (4:11 AM) asking if he hears what I hear. It sounded like a giant train but I'm sure it wasn't, rumbled loud enough to make the dog bark.

Did I mention I'm 20 miles outside of town with two neighbors who are both cops (so they don't make a lot of noise at night)?

Weird # brah

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I live in West Knoxville. Havent heard the sounds.
I am sitting in my car now but don't hear any sounds or feel any shaking.
I will be sure to post if I do!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I've got to head into Maryville around 4:30 this evening I'll try and listen as well. I live in Louisville, TN and work in Knoxville, TN

reply to post by esteay812

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

A few years back my wife and I woke up to the sound of loud grumbling, kind of like huge boulders grinding against each other. The a few moments later the house started rocking slightly. Turns out it was a 4.5 quake. I had never thought earth quakes made sounds like that, but they do.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Well thats the sound the mothership makes as it's perusing around w invisibility on and on cruise control...duh.
Look for cloud/aerial anomolies

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I'm not in the same area, but I definitely felt some shaking last night. My first thought was fracking but I'm not aware of anything like that going on around here. Maybe I drank too much java

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I live in Knoxville and have not felt a thing all day. I get up around 6 a.m. Did I miss it?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne

Originally posted by pasiphae

Originally posted by GLontra
Has anyone find any links in the internet of other people reporting the same phenomenon this last night?

this link was posted earlier in this thread. it made the news. many people heard it.

www.volunteertv.com...

That story was from 2007. Much more recent (Sept. 2011) stories of rumblings and booms on my post a page back.

OiO

SEPT 2011? that is when my sis said she and the whole trailer park were outside wondering what was going on. They heard a loud boom and everyones house shook. They all went outside around 3 p.m to see what was going on. Later on i found out that there were no gas explosions, or exsplosions of any sort only the loud boom that noone can exsplain. What concerns me is that we live in MN and we sit on granite. We do not exsperience any earthquakes. Later i found out that in ALEXANDRIA, MN had a small earth tremor. This was documented on T.V and in the newpapers and also my brother who called me when it happened in the nite. I don't know if the daytime incident and the nightime incident are related, but INTERESTING.
I myself did not exsperience that, my sis and brother told me, i was searching for work that day in my car and i heard nothing. I talked to the neighbors and they all say the same thing.

edit on 10-1-2012 by cloaked4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchdog
reply to post by liliththedestroyer

I am not in an earthquake prone area. We do have earthquakes, rarely, but do get them in Texas around Amarillo and I think we had one not too long ago around San Antonio. But I live an hour and a half from Waco and an hour and a half from Austin. I live about 5-6 hours from Amarillo and 3-4 hours from San Antonio. And I do know that they are fracking around Amarillo and are trying to link that to their more recent quakes. But there is no fracking going on in my area as far as I know. Not sure about San Antonio area. My point is that I cannot say that what I am hearing is due to a quake because we don't have them in my area and I am too far away from the couple of areas that do to attribute this "noise" to them.

yeah hrmm, like I posted it was just a possibility..otherwise I have no idea what it could be, i wish I could hear this sound in person so i can see what could be causing. it. Such a strange mystery. Thanks for responding back to me,

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

my GF and I live in Dallas & were up kinda late last night (1/10/12 4AM C.S.T) and we both have pretty keen hearing; (sometimes gets annoying
needless to say; the "noise" I.M.O. sounded very much like a quite turbine engine punching the burner in a climb; at first i thought a fighter; but the resonance didnt change, break, mellow out,slowly disapate; it was very consistant and fluid between for at least 10-15min; and then abrupt silence; and (thats what threw me off); my father was a captain for AA for 33 years and im also a licensed pilot so ive been around a variety of planes all my life, and pretty familiar with them. BTW low ceiling & O.C. at our place too. it def was not a quake, besides the obvious questions at hand, i think its odd a big quake hit indonesia about about an hour ago?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostface

really, where was it exactly? do you have any links yet?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I was wondering after I saw this the other day. This is what earth sounds like from space. I was thinking like a tesla machine and we can hear space and so forth.

Sound from space
edit on 10-1-2012 by randomthoughts12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Stealthy Kat: Kinda similar to what I heard except in was a much deeper sound, not as high pitched I mean and every little bit it would pulsate slow and fast and then go back to the continuous noise. To explain it better, it almost sounded like I had my head under water and someone was hitting a drum slow, fast, and then on the last hit the sound just kept going on and on and on. I know it sounds weird, it's just hard to explain.

Someone asked how far some of us live from the ocean. I am about 6 hours north of the Corpus Christi.

I did some checking for news reports in my local area and this isn't the first time people have reported it. People in Round Rock (about an hour southeast of me), near Austin have heard it. Some from Flugerville also as well as Houston area.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

here: under real time (dude my GF has a rediculously good talent for stumbling apon $h!t)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

haha

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by RenegadeScholar
You might not need to post a video.

Is this the phenomena you are experiencing?

www.liveleak.com...

How would you compare it to this?

This is the sound we have heard 3 times in the last year here at the OR/Ca border on the coast. it woke us up each time and you can feel it if you touch the wall...it IS NOT the surf. I have lived here many years and I know even the sound of a storm surf sounds very unlike this which has a machine like quality. Each time it was in the early morning hours like 1Am ish. we went outside and listened for a good 40 mins or so each time then went back to bed. it sounds like it is coming from everywhere with no particular direction.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join