It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredibly Strange Phenomena in Knoxville Tennessee Right Now (teus,10-1-12 4am)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Has anyone find any links in the internet of other people reporting the same phenomenon this last night?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I experienced this last summer in Western PA.

What I found is that a gas well about 4 miles from us was burning off excess gas, causing this rumbling noise.

Looks like you are in the Marcallus Shell region, and I bet if you research, there is a drilling pad somewhere near you.

Certain conditions in the atmosphere cause the noise and rumbling, especially when you have a low pressure system in the region. The sound gets pushed down by the lower denser atmosphere.

Check it out ... you will find that I am probably right.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
So strange that it was felt in Louisiana as well, at the same time!!!

VERY strange!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
There is another thread with similar sounds also floating out there so I will throw this in here as well. Could it be possible that TPTB have in fact have cloaking ability and they are testing and preparing for project bluebeam? I know sounds silly, but if the powers are 30-40 years ahead with technology could that be part of the puzzle we are seeking? S&F for ya

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DaarkSyde2012

I have no idea of what it is.

The simply fact that it happened for a sustained period of time (more than one hour), and was felt by several people, is amazing to me.

If we can confirm that it was felt AT THE SAME TIME hundreds on kilometers away, in another state, that's really incredible!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

Didn't feel it here, I'm in south Louisiana and felt nothing...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoDat09
reply to post by GLontra

Didn't feel it here, I'm in south Louisiana and felt nothing...

Thank you...

So far, Sensi was the only one who felt it in Louisiana...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

I have been hearing, recording, and posting on hearing this in Louisiana off and on for the past 6 months....OP.....I know exactly what you are talking about. I didn't experience shaking, but I heard the noise. It seems that the last time I heard it, the intensity had increased dramatically. It was so loud everyone had to shout to hear each other. I decribed it as sounding like a giant roaring flame, with the wobbling sheet metal sound mixed in. Funny someone mentioned the funny sound in their ears....I had that yesterday ( a weird feeling and sound in my ears), and didn't feel well. I actually had to go to bed for a while (which is NOT normal for me at all, even when I'm sick) I really hope it's not the New Madrid because of where you live OP....PLEASE record the sound if it happens again....check out my recordings here and tell me if it sounds the same ( again, I felt no shaking but the sound did shake my windows) All of the recordings I got in the past 6 months are on there. Stay alert and safe my friend....
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1/10/2012 by StealthyKat because: sp

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

Where in Louisiana are you? I'm in north central Louisiana, north of Alexandria.
edit on 1/10/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Here are the recordings of the last time I heard it on December 11, any similarities?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by GLontra

Where in Louisiana are you? I'm in north central Louisiana, north of Alexandria.
edit on 1/10/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

I'm not in Louisiana.

The user Sensi said he felt this rumbling in Lousiana this last night.

Have you felt it this last night too?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Okay I have to post. I live in east central Texas between Austin and Waco. I went to bed last night around 10:30 and for hours, and I do mean hours, I heard what I can only describe as a low frequency (but loud) hum. Sometimes it was continuous and sometimes it pulsated slow or fast and when it would pulsate it would get really loud. I never felt any shaking, but it made me extremely nauseated.

Now, I have to admit, I have an ear infection in both my ears, but my 15 year old son heard it also for hours last night and came in the room 3 different times during the night complaining about his ears hurting really bad, and hearing a really loud "sub woofer" and he begged for medicine.

It could be the ear infection messing with me, but that wouldn't explain my son's experience. I have had ear infection my whole life, but never have I heard anything like this.

A little more information to go along with the story. I exhausted every possibility. I turned off the bedroom fan to see if that was the culprit and it wasn't. I checked to make sure the heater wasn't on. It wasn't. It was nasty here in all of Texas yesterday. It rained in my area pretty much all day. My dog, who knows she isn't allowed anywhere but the kitchen, was restless last night and kept coming into my room and trying to hide under my desk and when I would make her leave she would walk through the house and whine. Again, there was NO shaking. It was not coming from inside the house and I could hear it best outside of my bedroom window. My son said he thought it was outside as well.

We live about 25 miles from Fort Hood, but we are out in the country and do not live near any training ranges and the closest to anything that might give us this kind of sound is the airport (25-30 mlies away) or a train, but it only runs once in the morning about 9 and then again about 1pm. My only other explaination would be maybe the cell tower about 5 miles away giving off some sort of humming frequency or maybe someone's transitor.

Like I said, it could just be my ears, but I have never had this happen before and it kept my son up and I had to give him meds to help ease the pain it was causing his ears. We only slept about 3 hours last night. I wasn't going to share, but just felt I needed to for some reason.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
reply to post by esteay812

According to volunteer tv, you weren't the only one who heard it.

Dozens of people in Knox County woke up to some rumbling this morning and investigators are still working to figure out what it was.

volunteertv.com

reading all the posts i kept thinking it must be a small quake but it was lasing so long..... one of the witnesses said he'd been through a quake and that wasn't what it was. so weird!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by watchdog

I live in north Austin, and I didn't hear or feel a thing last night. Dang, I wish I could hear what everyone else is hearing!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I just wonder why an earthquake wasn't the first thing you thought of..

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Tennessee Is not that far from Ohio where recent earthquakes have been connected to fracking. If I was a betting person I would lay my money on the fracking option. Fracking seems to be a very bad thing that needs to be stopped in all states in my opinion. I think we have mother earth so angry over this invasion that she is really gonna blow her top and everything else. And then where will we be. I think I would rather do without the extra fuel than deal with her anger. Just saying

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal
Crazy stuff for sure!

I am so intrigued by these sounds and shakings and everything.

So, is your house shaking in an up/down or side to side movement?

Please see what your neighbors say about it later and report back?

It's killin me I can't witness these things, nothing weird ever happens here in Berzerkeley, cept for the occasional little quaker

Just wanted to say i know how you feel, i am out of the loop as well. I only hear the noise on youtube but not in real life. I live i Maine and no one has reported hearing it up here. My only guess to this is it seems to be occuring in earthquake areas, from the people posting, and maybe there is a massive one coming?? It is just a suggestion. I mean who else has not heard this sound and if not do you guys not get earthquakes?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
deleting this because i keep getting my threads confused.
edit on 10-1-2012 by pasiphae because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by GLontra
Has anyone find any links in the internet of other people reporting the same phenomenon this last night?

this link was posted earlier in this thread. it made the news. many people heard it.

www.volunteertv.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by pasiphae

Originally posted by GLontra

this link was posted earlier in this thread. it made the news. many people heard it.

www.volunteertv.com...

That story was from 2007. Much more recent (Sept. 2011) stories of rumblings and booms on my post a page back.

OiO

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join