It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredibly Strange Phenomena in Knoxville Tennessee Right Now (teus,10-1-12 4am)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Wowsers

certainly is odd huh?

I am just now gathering all the new sky sound videos from YT and will post them at the appropriate thread and link that here in a bit

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

The banging sheet metal sound is apparently how a lot of people describe the weird noises around the world. I'm about two and half hours away from Knoxville and I've been awake all night, but haven't heard anything. I'm going to stick my head out into the freezing cold outside and see if I hear anything out there, lol.

Ok, nothing out there that can be heard over the sound of the interstate. I live very close to I75. Didn't expect anything, but figured I would check just in case it was more wide spread.

It's good to see that it is being reported by others and is hopefully being investigated, even if they don't find answers, at least they've been made aware of it!
edit on 1/10/2012 by gemineye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I live pretty far from TN but I've noticed in the past 15 minutes there to be a slight shaking sensation occurring. At first I thought it was just myself shaking because of low blood sugar but now I know it's not me. I can mostly feel it when I'm sitting down but if I touch the windows or walls I can pick up on the shaking again. It's extremely subtle so I don't think most would pick up on it but I'm curious now to what it could be. I don't hear any associated noise with it though.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
OK, here's some new videos from YT
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Fopicon

sheesh

are you by yourself? this is getting stranger and stranger

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

I'm not the only one in my house if that's what you are asking. I hope this lasts until one of them wake up so I can see if they can feel it as well.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Fopicon

Well, I would be waking them up and damn the consequences

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

I don't need to wait for them now. One of my friends who lives across town is also feeling a subtle vibration/shaking. He didn't notice it until I asked him about it which leads me to believe that unless you are trying to find the shaking or feeling for the shaking, you won't notice it all.

Truly strange this is.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Fopicon

Where are you in Indiana
N,S,E or W

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

I live near Muncie so I'm in central Indiana.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Fopicon

Found you on USGS map

Last quake you guys had is here-
earthquake.usgs.gov...

and that was way down south

you still feelin it?
edit on 10-1-2012 by berkeleygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

I do remember that earthquake we had. There was only a 2 second duration but it sounded like someone had smacked into the house with a large vehicle. It shook violently for an extremely short period of time. I haven't felt anything here since then now that I think about it. Just what I'm experiencing this morning and I don't even feel it now so I'm assuming whatever it was has subsided.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
reply to post by esteay812

According to volunteer tv, you weren't the only one who heard it.

Dozens of people in Knox County woke up to some rumbling this morning and investigators are still working to figure out what it was.

volunteertv.com

Just a note... according to the posts at the bottom of that article.... that happened in 2007/2008. Seems like this is a repeat of an already unsolved occurrence.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by argentus

According to volunteer tv, you weren't the only one who heard it.

Dozens of people in Knox County woke up to some rumbling this morning and investigators are still working to figure out what it was.

volunteertv.com

gotta bump this up

Dozens of calls flooded central dispatch at about 1:15am, mostly from two neighborhoods off Northshore Drive in West Knoxville; Admiral's Landing and Northshore Landing.

Many people tell us they woke up to loud rumbling and thought there were animals or prowlers in their basements or attics.

Others thought there was some sort of explosion shaking the ground.

J.R. Andrews lives in Admiral's Landing and says it woke his entire family up and they all ran outside to see what was going on.

"Half of our neighborhood had come outside and there was these constant shakes in the ground, constant thud. It felt like some type of missile attack," he said. "It wasn't an earthquake, I've been through an earthquake."
KUB not reporting any problems in the area and so far, there has been no reports of a possible earthquake.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by dreams n chains

well shucks, never noticed that

thanks for pointing that out

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by dreams n chains

i noticed that as well. :3
I posted at 4 A.M. about it in Louisiana, and it can still be heard. Loud enough now that it is upsetting my very well trained German Shepherd, that even commands won't calm down.. :/
Still no shaking, but the completely overcast sky during this noise is concerning me still. I am anxious to see if when the sky clears, the sound stops, or vice versa.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Sensi

so, you have been hearing it for 4 hours?

that's a long time

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
The fact that a small 2.2 magnitude earthquake happened in the area on Sunday is very interesting...

And the fact that OP was feeling the shaking and hearing the sound for so long, is really amazing...

It's a pitty that nobody had a good quality video recorder camera to put it on YouTube...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Not sure if you saw the local news stories from back in late September about the "booms" that happened in the Lashbrooke neighborhood just of Pellissippi Parkway in Blount County. Neighborhood terrified by mysterious shaking
Ground-shaking booms puzzle Louisville neighborhood

I saw the first report from Volunteer TV when it broadcast. The reporter stated that he had felt the shaking while there reporting. (sidenote: if you read the comments on that article it mentions ATS with a link!)

The second article seems to want to point the finger at gas pipelines. But I'm not sure I believe that. My brother-in-law had a theory about it based on how close the neighborhood sits to the river.

I also live in East TN, west of Knoxville, not too far from the old K-25 area (as the crow flies). I've felt small shakes for over a year now. And even heard the "sky sound" one day.

When it comes to these things happening, I keep coming back to one story posted here in 2010.
San Andreas like fault found in the Eastern US.

From that thread's OP:

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas

For 30 years geologists have been puzzled by a remarkably straight magnetic line that runs between New York and Alabama along the Appalachians.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b7885a6b0f0c.jpg[/atsimg]
The fault is invisible from the surface, but magnetic surveys from the air see it clearly, represented in the white line. Click to enlarge the image. Courtesy of Mark G. Steltenpohl, Isidore Zietz, J. Wright Horton, Jr., and David L. Daniels

If so, it's no surprise that the most dangerous part of the eastern Tennessee seismic zone is right next to part of this magnetic line and has the second-highest earthquake frequency in the eastern United States.

OiO

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
As much as I love this thread
I must get to bed
Eagerly awaiting new posts
when I get up in about 10 hours

Anything big happens, send me a physic message

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join