It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trapped in bank vault - comet goes by - planet of the apes - except you. Your plan?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
You are in the bank vault examining your safety deposit box when the door closes. You don't notice and you examine your goods, for about half an hour, your coin collection, your stamps, and then you notice the door is closed so you push it open.

A guard that was just outside grabs you by the lapels and says "UnnnggghhhhhhGHHH!!!" in your face. He is panicked and can't speak. You push him off and look around and see that everyone is acting strange.

They aren't scratching their armpits, but they are all looking freaked out and can't speak. Some are at the windows banging on the windows. A few people are fighting in a corner.

A comet has gone by and somehow, not unlike a sci-fi movie of the 70's, has done something to the people and they are no longer sentient. They are human apes wearing clothes. Operating on animal instincts only.

Instincts that mirror their closest cousins the apes. It is planet of the apes, except you were spared.
At least as far as you can tell right now, you are the only one spared.

What do you do?
edit on 9-1-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Change the channel..

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

In the kingdom of the blind the one eyed man is king.

I would start a circus training humans to do tricks and I would drive a Veyron.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Become the new top of the food chain because I would be the only one with the ability to use advanced technology. I would amaze the simple minded humans with my "magic" and become their king in order to not become their enemy.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I get my whip out and start training the rest of monkeys to be my servants, lol

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Change the channel..

Get up and go for popcorn and the wifes "mike&ikes" at the snack bar.... because this movie bites...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Get as far from the nuclear plants as possible. Imagine the effect of that type of radiation combined with what already happened? Yowza

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntedBullets
Become the new top of the food chain because I would be the only one with the ability to use advanced technology. I would amaze the simple minded humans with my "magic" and become their king in order to not become their enemy.

Like the guy who had a brain half way down his back who lorded over the Morlocks in Time Machine remake?
Cool.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I would go about my day as normal. I don't see the difference between what you've described and the sheepeople of today.

Although I would probably look at the guard and say "Take your stinking paws off me you damn dirty ape!"

edit on 9-1-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive

I would go about my day as normal. I don't see the difference between what you've described and the sheepeople of today.

Although I would probably look at the guard and say "Take your stinking paws off me you damn dirty ape!"

Kindof 'Shaun of the dead' meets 'planets of the apes' is it?

You know it would be bad manners for me to agree with you in public, even though I might agree with you when I am at work some days, in secret.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrozenMist
Get as far from the nuclear plants as possible. Imagine the effect of that type of radiation combined with what already happened? Yowza

Well isn't there a thousand nuclear plants in the US or something plus cooling ponds?

What about fires? Fires would break out all over the city in hours.

link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Beat me to it!

link   
Well, first I suppose I would realize the fortune of standing on the INSIDE of a bank vault when it would appear everyone who would care is no longer capable of noticing as I help the bank with some spring cleaning. MOney may be worthless in your scenario, but I'll bet money is about the least interesting thing contained in the average bank vault of deposit boxes.

Then... I suppose I'd do something quite similar to the latest version of Dawn of the Dead with the guy at the Gun Store. Time to go find a new gun store which is no longer needed by it's previous owners, stock food (unlike the guy in the movie) and settle in for a long and interesting time of seeing how it all plays out and ultimately, what the new 'normal' is to be. I might even try my hand at a game of tag with bullets, as the movie showed. That looked like fun, given the receiving audience.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth

In the kingdom of the blind the one eyed man is king.

I would start a circus training humans to do tricks and I would drive a Veyron.

upload.wikimedia.org...

Nice but there wouldn't even be a sentient disinterested 3rd party to admire you in your Veyron.
Not even a fat lady sitting on a couch watching TV all afternoon in the Midwest, like the one the sponsors are so worried about.
Just you, and a bunch of ape people who, you know, are wearing pants they don't know how to take off.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Well, first I suppose I would realize the fortune of standing on the INSIDE of a bank vault when it would appear everyone who would care is no longer capable of noticing as I help the bank with some spring cleaning. MOney may be worthless in your scenario, but I'll bet money is about the least interesting thing contained in the average bank vault of deposit boxes.

Then... I suppose I'd do something quite similar to the latest version of Dawn of the Dead with the guy at the Gun Store. Time to go find a new gun store which is no longer needed by it's previous owners, stock food (unlike the guy in the movie) and settle in for a long and interesting time of seeing how it all plays out and ultimately, what the new 'normal' is to be. I might even try my hand at a game of tag with bullets, as the movie showed. That looked like fun, given the receiving audience.

No pity? No mercy for the poor fat ugly smelly, disease infested thirsty ape people?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
You need to watch the movie "Day of the Triffids"

It's awesome.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketman7
You are in the bank vault examining your safety deposit box when the door closes. You don't notice and you examine your goods, for about half an hour, your coin collection, your stamps, and then you notice the door is closed so you push it open.

A guard that was just outside grabs you by the lapels and says "UnnnggghhhhhhGHHH!!!" in your face. He is panicked and can't speak. You push him off and look around and see that everyone is acting strange.

They aren't scratching their armpits, but they are all looking freaked out and can't speak. Some are at the windows banging on the windows. A few people are fighting in a corner.

A comet has gone by and somehow, not unlike a sci-fi movie of the 70's, has done something to the people and they are no longer sentient. They are human apes wearing clothes. Operating on animal instincts only.

Instincts that mirror their closest cousins the apes. It is planet of the apes, except you were spared.
At least as far as you can tell right now, you are the only one spared.

What do you do?
edit on 9-1-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

Its very simple really I buy as much stock as i could afford in Banana's. Banana's would be a new form of currency heck i'd even put some in my saftey deposit box. I'd also maybe invest is flea combs because apes are usually riddled with fleas or just set up a road side shop just selling flea combs and banana's. Diapers is another venture I'd dive into, no civilized ape would be seen without a diaper.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

No pity? No mercy for the poor fat ugly smelly, disease infested thirsty ape people?

Oh course I would pity them and show mercy. I would show as much mercy as I possibly could. I swear I would do everything possible to ensure the first shot was a kill shot, each time.

What else can someone really do if the people in question simply aren't 'people' anymore in any sense we'd know the term?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
You need to watch the movie "Day of the Triffids"

It's awesome.

I have the audiobook. I have listened to it numerous times. Great story.

But the city wasn't on fire was it? Don't you think the city would be on fire?

And what about water? I suppose blind people can turn on a tap, but not ape people.
Take a look outside at your city. Even when it rains, the water goes down the storm drains.
In a couple hours, the streets are dry, and there is no water.

Inside, anyone trapped inside would have no water unless they drank out of the toilet.
Or broke a bottle or something but would an ape be able to do that and still get a drink?

In winter, 3 hours without shelter.
Any time of year, 3 days without water.
3 weeks without food.
And you die. On average.
So, within 3 days, almost all the apes will be incapacitated from lack of water unless there is a river near your city or lake. Indoors, within 5 days, they will be in the fetal position. Dying of thirst.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Oh course I would pity them and show mercy. I would show as much mercy as I possibly could. I swear I would do everything possible to ensure the first shot was a kill shot, each time.

What else can someone really do if the people in question simply aren't 'people' anymore in any sense we'd know the term?

What about going to the animal control center, animal shelter, getting tranquilizer darts?

Wouldn't that be more humane?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join