It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trapped in bank vault - comet goes by - planet of the apes - except you. Your plan?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensdoexist

Originally posted by Rocketman7
You are in the bank vault examining your safety deposit box when the door closes. You don't notice and you examine your goods, for about half an hour, your coin collection, your stamps, and then you notice the door is closed so you push it open.

A guard that was just outside grabs you by the lapels and says "UnnnggghhhhhhGHHH!!!" in your face. He is panicked and can't speak. You push him off and look around and see that everyone is acting strange.

They aren't scratching their armpits, but they are all looking freaked out and can't speak. Some are at the windows banging on the windows. A few people are fighting in a corner.

A comet has gone by and somehow, not unlike a sci-fi movie of the 70's, has done something to the people and they are no longer sentient. They are human apes wearing clothes. Operating on animal instincts only.

Instincts that mirror their closest cousins the apes. It is planet of the apes, except you were spared.
At least as far as you can tell right now, you are the only one spared.

What do you do?
edit on 9-1-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

Its very simple really I buy as much stock as i could afford in Banana's. Banana's would be a new form of currency heck i'd even put some in my saftey deposit box. I'd also maybe invest is flea combs because apes are usually riddled with fleas or just set up a road side shop just selling flea combs and banana's. Diapers is another venture I'd dive into, no civilized ape would be seen without a diaper.

You are going to need more diapers than Carter has pills if you intend on keeping the company of apes.
And you are going to have to change them.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

Oh My...you are starting to sound the the Fantasy PETA League for the OP's fantasy situation......just knew you guys would have to fit into this story somewhere...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Well, first I suppose I would realize the fortune of standing on the INSIDE of a bank vault when it would appear everyone who would care is no longer capable of noticing as I help the bank with some spring cleaning. MOney may be worthless in your scenario, but I'll bet money is about the least interesting thing contained in the average bank vault of deposit boxes.

Then... I suppose I'd do something quite similar to the latest version of Dawn of the Dead with the guy at the Gun Store. Time to go find a new gun store which is no longer needed by it's previous owners, stock food (unlike the guy in the movie) and settle in for a long and interesting time of seeing how it all plays out and ultimately, what the new 'normal' is to be. I might even try my hand at a game of tag with bullets, as the movie showed. That looked like fun, given the receiving audience.

No pity? No mercy for the poor fat ugly smelly, disease infested thirsty ape people?

Oh course I would pity them and show mercy. I would show as much mercy as I possibly could. I swear I would do everything possible to ensure the first shot was a kill shot, each time.

What else can someone really do if the people in question simply aren't 'people' anymore in any sense we'd know the term?

You know that if you were to ask someone, they would say hey, if ever I turn into an ape person like that, just shoot me ok?
Since what would they do when they got hungry? Eat each other?
And when they got thirsty? Suffer a slow painful death?
Maybe it would be more merciful to just shoot them.
But I still say just dart the keepers.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

What about going to the animal control center, animal shelter, getting tranquilizer darts?

Wouldn't that be more humane?

I know my answer to that question is about as bad as it gets for the state of affairs today and my evolving attitude in response to it, but the animal shelter brings up an interesting aspect I hadn't thought of. I can get two topics at once by simply saying this.

I WOULD, in hindsight, go to the animal shelters, alright. It would be to show tender mercy to those animals though, not the human variety. I do believe the little 4 legged guys would find themselves receiving infinitely more care and compassion. They'd certainly draw more of my sympathy for being stuck in a world gone mad, right along with me.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Oh My...you are starting to sound the the Fantasy PETA League for the OP's fantasy situation......just knew you guys would have to fit into this story somewhere...

Well this isn't Hollywood so we have literary license and don't have to pretend we aren't like that.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
2.7 million for a Veyron?

Thats a bit pricey if you ask me.

What about living quarters? Would you head to the bush to get away from the ape people or live in in the burned out city? Try to find someone else who maybe was trapped in a vault in another country?

Try to set them free, the ones trapped in their cars?

Leave the city, come back in 2 months?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Talk about synchronicity! I have been thinking what if this, Our Earth is the Planet of the Apes…which I think it is.

Could it be the story of the Planet of the Apes is our story? How we were lifted up and were genetically advanced or modified and somehow overthrew our creators! And I have thought that if we had creators who left long ago what if they come back! Would we truly have a Battle for the planet of the Apes for our planet!

In your scenario I would dread this because I love bananas and I certain there would be a shortage! Then again this might just be a ploy to get me to watch that movie cause I am conspiracy nut like that...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

Talk about synchronicity! I have been thinking what if this, Our Earth is the Planet of the Apes…which I think it is.

Could it be the story of the Planet of the Apes is our story? How we were lifted up and were genetically advanced or modified and somehow overthrew our creators! And I have thought that if we had creators who left long ago what if they come back! Would we truly have a Battle for the planet of the Apes for our planet!

In your scenario I would dread this because I love bananas and I certain there would be a shortage! Then again this might just be a ploy to get me to watch that movie cause I am conspiracy nut like that...

Well H.G. Wells had it pegged with one lone survivor. Maybe its you.
"Last man on earth". One lone survivor.
Omega Man. same.
I am Legend. One lone survivor.
Lots more stories like that too.

The question is, do you stay around them for company even though they are not even sentient?

Or do you leave and live a life of solitude? Watching movies from when people had intelligence?

Try to forget, live in a cabin in the woods?

Or live in a palace?

Or get a real kick ass camper and go touring? Look for secret bases and top secret information you always wish you had access to? But run the risk of fallout, and chemical poisoning? Attack by ape people when you aren't expecting it?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Short answer: Anything I want to.

To get out of the bank, I'd pretend to be apelike so I wasn't accosted. Then, I'd ape-walk home and live it up. Apes can take care of themselves, all I have to do is secure my food stores and keep house secure.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Teach all the monkeys to clean , cook and gather, every thing i'm going to need to be comfortable

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Whatever happens? I think you should contact via U2U the Mod Masqua and ask for writers status - then you can go to the Collaborative Writing Forum here on ATS and start a great story line for just this or write a short story etc. You've got a great imagination and I'd like to hear more!

To answer your question? What would I do? Wow. Hard to say. I don't know if I have the imagination to say but I'd hope I was living in a State where concealed carry was a way of life and I could brandish my way out a the bank (with my coins, stamps, etc) and get to someplace safe to get my head together!

peace

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
You need to watch the movie "Day of the Triffids"

It's awesome.

I have the audiobook. I have listened to it numerous times. Great story.

But the city wasn't on fire was it? Don't you think the city would be on fire?

And what about water? I suppose blind people can turn on a tap, but not ape people.
Take a look outside at your city. Even when it rains, the water goes down the storm drains.
In a couple hours, the streets are dry, and there is no water.

Inside, anyone trapped inside would have no water unless they drank out of the toilet.
Or broke a bottle or something but would an ape be able to do that and still get a drink?

In winter, 3 hours without shelter.
Any time of year, 3 days without water.
3 weeks without food.
And you die. On average.
So, within 3 days, almost all the apes will be incapacitated from lack of water unless there is a river near your city or lake. Indoors, within 5 days, they will be in the fetal position. Dying of thirst.

I think you underestimate apes. They have thumbs like us. They can open doors. They can open bottles. Go to your zoo and look how they look at your face and how they eat their banana. They understand more than you and many people think. They are very intelligent and potential.

If a Chimpanzee is thirsty and he has a bottle and he sees water inside he will find 50 ways to open it.
edit on 10/1/12 by novuslibertas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

acting rationally - and assuming that there was at least a pseudo scientific explaination for this , rather than just " majic " i would deduce that if being 3 ~ 5m underground - sheilded by concrete and re-bar had saved me

then i am most certainly not the ` only unaffected human `

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Probably keep looking for any other survivors, untill I was exhausted or killed by the crazy hungry ape hordes (lack of bananas...)

But I can't Fly and Don't know how to operate a boat so I might be limited to the U.S., although I could figure out a boat I think with some time maybe even a plane as long as the fires didn't gut every last book on them...

Then I guess I would spend out my last days weaving pretty little baskets next to the Sine in Paris or Along the canals of Venice...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
i would go to hustler hq and the playboy mansion, round up the finest bimbos i could find and start to reproduce.

then i'd go look for mila kunis, and place her in my finest stock cage for vintage fitness.

that would probably take up most of my time.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I would put a suit on and act like a member of congress, jumping up and down like a baboon as I just successfully taxed millions of dollars off the poor and meld into the general population.

Oh hold on a minute, that happens everyday in the Whitehouse and Wall Street. Darn it, they beat me too it.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Being a Woman. I'd probably look for the strongest, most handsome monkey guy, tell him I make the most incredible banana nut bread he's ever tasted, and...gack...maybe lower my standards a little....

After all...survival is the name of the game right....

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I would come out of the vault, spend maybe a week looking around then.................I would proclaim "THIS WORLD NEEDS A KING, A MIGHTY KING".....And in the words of Charlton Heston "With any luck I rule this planet in a week."

I would be like a god among men. Where ever my shadow falls people scramble to touch that place. Where ever I lounge is padded by the beauty of my presence and awe people have over my ability to shoot fire and light from my hands.

Gather around my former brothers and sisters, let me tell you a story of a time long passed when there were many gods like me.....Stop Charles! No picking lice out of Angela's hair while I'm talking, I have told you a million times!

Anyway where was I?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

A comet has gone by and somehow, not unlike a sci-fi movie of the 70's, has done something to the people and they are no longer sentient. They are human apes wearing clothes. Operating on animal instincts only.

What do you do?
edit on 9-1-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

Am I the only one that feels like this has already happened?
I doubt my life would be any different

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

...Awesome....pass the depends please....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join