It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trapped in bank vault - comet goes by - planet of the apes - except you. Your plan?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I would protect my glasses at all cost until I could stock up on spares.

Bonus points for those that picked up on the Twilight Zone reference

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ottobot
reply to post by Rocketman7

Short answer: Anything I want to.

To get out of the bank, I'd pretend to be apelike so I wasn't accosted. Then, I'd ape-walk home and live it up. Apes can take care of themselves, all I have to do is secure my food stores and keep house secure.

It all sounds good except lets say you live in New York. Whats the population? 8 million.
And it would be on fire. And it would smell bad because of the bodies everywhere and the fire.

But chances are you would be safe in your car, safe in your apartment or house, as long as it wasn't on fire.

But then of course there would be radiation fallout since the rest of the world would also be melting down.

But apes are no match for man's superior intelligence though, (and fire power) so as long as you were careful, they wouldn't be a problem.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetnlow
Teach all the monkeys to clean , cook and gather, every thing i'm going to need to be comfortable

Get them to build a land bridge.
(see Adam's bridge)

And then, build a pyramid out of the gold bars in the basement of the Fed in NY.
8000 tons of gold bars at least sitting there.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Whatever happens? I think you should contact via U2U the Mod Masqua and ask for writers status - then you can go to the Collaborative Writing Forum here on ATS and start a great story line for just this or write a short story etc. You've got a great imagination and I'd like to hear more!

To answer your question? What would I do? Wow. Hard to say. I don't know if I have the imagination to say but I'd hope I was living in a State where concealed carry was a way of life and I could brandish my way out a the bank (with my coins, stamps, etc) and get to someplace safe to get my head together!

peace

Hmmm... well thats an interesting suggestion. Maybe some time I will but unfortunately I don't have enough spare time right now. Maybe when things slow down at work though.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

acting rationally - and assuming that there was at least a pseudo scientific explaination for this , rather than just " majic " i would deduce that if being 3 ~ 5m underground - sheilded by concrete and re-bar had saved me

then i am most certainly not the ` only unaffected human `

Oddly enough it was the stamps. You had a very rare stamp from the Phillipines which had a unique type of glue from a plant that is now extinct. The fumes from that stamp, reacted to the moisture in your hand, and by some freak of nature, gave you immunity. Who would have thought???
(70's sci-fi movies were about that difficult to believe. Especially comet ones.)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne
I would protect my glasses at all cost until I could stock up on spares.

Bonus points for those that picked up on the Twilight Zone reference

The book worm. Yes I remember the irony. Twilight Zone was a great series.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
i]reply to post by SavedOne

some of burgess meredith's best work
edit on 10-1-2012 by murfdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by novuslibertas

Originally posted by Rocketman7

Originally posted by CaptChaos
You need to watch the movie "Day of the Triffids"

It's awesome.

I have the audiobook. I have listened to it numerous times. Great story.

But the city wasn't on fire was it? Don't you think the city would be on fire?

And what about water? I suppose blind people can turn on a tap, but not ape people.
Take a look outside at your city. Even when it rains, the water goes down the storm drains.
In a couple hours, the streets are dry, and there is no water.

Inside, anyone trapped inside would have no water unless they drank out of the toilet.
Or broke a bottle or something but would an ape be able to do that and still get a drink?

In winter, 3 hours without shelter.
Any time of year, 3 days without water.
3 weeks without food.
And you die. On average.
So, within 3 days, almost all the apes will be incapacitated from lack of water unless there is a river near your city or lake. Indoors, within 5 days, they will be in the fetal position. Dying of thirst.

I think you underestimate apes. They have thumbs like us. They can open doors. They can open bottles. Go to your zoo and look how they look at your face and how they eat their banana. They understand more than you and many people think. They are very intelligent and potential.

If a Chimpanzee is thirsty and he has a bottle and he sees water inside he will find 50 ways to open it.
edit on 10/1/12 by novuslibertas because: (no reason given)

Oh I don't think it would be so easy for them to get a drink at all.

Take a look at this clip from Day of the Triffids...

What a great movie.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by murfdog
i]reply to post by SavedOne

some of burgess meredith's best work
edit on 10-1-2012 by murfdog because: (no reason given)

Did you happen to 'catch' the 'release' date on that episode?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jooles

I get my whip out and start training the rest of monkeys to be my servants, lol

I gotcha. Like "some day they will study it. Or Else!"

<< 1  2   >>

join