It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney: I dont know what the Constitution says! Ask Ron Paul

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Romney: I don't know about the Constitution and I don't care. I am not concerned about the rights of the people or the rights of states. Rights are not important and neither is the Constitution. There is the man down there that cares about rights and the Constitution, that is so funny, ask him. Ha Ha. I don't want to be held accountable by answering any specific question so I will just crack a joke and entertain everyone. That is what this is anyway. It is just entertainment to distract the people so they don't see how things really are.

People: Ha Ha, we don't care about our rights and we know nothing about the Constitution. It is funny that that man down there does, ha ha. We just want to laugh and feel good even if it is at the expense of our own freedom. Ha ha.

Moderator: I would like the question answered

Me (A voting citizen): The Constitution is what government is about. Our ancestors fought, bled and died to establish and defend the Constitution so they and we could be free. It is the job of every representative and every person in office in Government (I am not talking about politics but a Government job) to know, understand, and apply the Constitution. The first duty of anyone in a Government position where they are to represent the people is to protect and defend the Constitution. Why do you think they must swear to do that? If they don't know and understand the Constitution, then they are not qualified for the job. There is no legitimate government without the Constitution and a legitimate Government must abide by the Constitution to maintain legitimacy. Now, either Romney is not qualified for the position he is seeking or he lied and pretended to be ignorant of the Constitution avoiding accountability. Either way, he should not be voted for. To add to that, exclusive of RP, he seems to be more intelligent and "honest" than many of the others. What has the world come to when that is the case?

For me it's RP or bust! That should be the slogan for this year and if not RP, then it will really be bust but it may already be too late.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Just goes to show how clueless these leaders in Washington are about the document they are supposed to protect!

I keep hoping the majority in this country will wake up to answers Paul has for our country, I talk about him every chance I get when people start complaining about their rights being stripped, their money be worthless, their work being pointless since it isn't enough to survive.....but every time Paul is brought up I get.....he's a kook, a crazy, a rascist, a republican who wants to destroy the social saftey net.....yadda yaddda yadda......

So it seems people in this country are sick of the symptoms of a system that has lost all control, but are not willing to address the root causes of the disease since it would affect their pockets in the short term, or if not their immediate pockets being hit, the potential that in the future they will need the governments assistance is enough for them to say he is not for them...

I find it very sad that such intelligent people are so easily duped to follow a system that does not care if they live or die, only that they produce more than they consume...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
every politician and mainstream media is making ron paul look like a complete lunatic, thats how you know We are being lied to, INTERNET IS OUR ONLY HOPE

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
In the Oath of Office, the ONLY thing that the President Elect swears to is "to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, so help me God".

This is pretty much the only stated requirement of being President.

Be honest.

Is that the reason most people vote for a president?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
This video is edited and wrongly presented.

This the complete narrative:

New Hampshire GOP primary debate (Transcript)
ROMNEY: George, this is an unusual topic that you're raising. States have a right to ban contraception? I can't imagine a state banning contraception. I can't imagine the circumstances where a state would want to do so, and if I were a governor of a state or...
STEPHANOPOULOS: Well, the Supreme Court has ruled --
(CROSSTALK)
ROMNEY: ... or a -- or a legislature of a state -- I would totally and completely oppose any effort to ban contraception. So you're asking -- given the fact that there's no state that wants to do so, and I don't know of any candidate that wants to do so, you're asking could it constitutionally be done? We can ask our constitutionalist here.
(LAUGHTER)

(CROSSTALK)

STEPHANOPOULOS: I'm sure Congressman Paul...
(CROSSTALK)
ROMNEY: OK, come on -- come on back...
STEPHANOPOULOS: ... asking you, do you believe that states have that right or not?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by dadgad

So what was wrong about the op's vid?

Romney diverts the question of constitutionality to Paul....in other words saying "I don't know *%$# about the constitution, ask someone who does"

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dadgad
STEPHANOPOULOS: ... asking you, do you believe that states have that right or not?

Thanks for the factual transcript.

Interesting undercurrent there.

If Ron Paul had his way - - absolutely it would be a states right to ban contraceptives.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
So ron paul is considered the nerdy candidate because he knows the syllabus better than his other class mates?
Did you notice all the candidates laughed at the jab at ron paul? You know what that tells me? It tells me they all agree amongst themselfs that Ron Paul does in fact know the constitution (the very fabric which to govern this country) better than they do. I do in fact think Ron Paul saw it as a jab, but what do you say to a group of people who laugh at you because you are smarter? You simply smile.

Whats even more interesting is how Mitt tried to dodge a slippery question by directing the question to Ron. Its almost like Mitt knew it would make all the candidates laugh (due to such a statement being made behind closed doors amongst themselfs). Because every slick politician knows humor will unite the pack with laughter.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
(Fantasy version)

ROMNEY: George, you are a &$%#@ idiot. Is that your final question? Ron? You got this?
STEPHANOPOULOS: Well, the Supreme Court has ruled --
(CROSSTALK)
RP: Shutup George. The constitution is silent on the subject of contraception. So ten applies, The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people. So the states can make whatever stupid ass laws they want about contraception. You were probably thinking about California no doubt.
STEPHANOPOULOS: Wow, did you just make that up, ha, that's really great. We should use that.
RP: George, you are a &$%#@ idiot.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
oh yeah.... i'm gonna run right out and register so i can vote for this guy

(not that it would matter anyway)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foxy1

Did you notice all the candidates laughed at the jab at ron paul? You know what that tells me? It tells me they all agree amongst themselfs that Ron Paul does in fact know the constitution (the very fabric which to govern this country) better than they do.

It tells me - - they all know - - that absolutely Ron Paul would make contraception a state right.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
If Ron Paul had his way - - absolutely it would be a states right to ban contraceptives.

Forgive me for my Canadian-ness, but doesn't the constitution say something along the lines of "If it's not specifically spelled out in this document as a power of the Federal government, then it is a power of the state's government."? So... go for it. Ban contraceptives.

Then if your democracy is worth its salt, the people of the state will ensure unemployment for those deserving government officials who banned contraceptives. Easy peasy.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CrikeyMagnet

Forgive me for my Canadian-ness, but doesn't the constitution say something along the lines of "If it's not specifically spelled out in this document as a power of the Federal government, then it is a power of the state's government."? So... go for it. Ban contraceptives.

Very good.

That is the tenth amendment. You betcha.

I would like to buy you a donut and a coffee at Tim's aye.

Da Canuks know this thing better than Romney, what a hoser...
edit on 10-1-2012 by kawika because: add quote

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Or at the very least, he would defend to the death that state's right to make the decision for itself, in accordance with the powers non-specifically granted to it by the constitution.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Wow, talk about a delusional take on the matter..

The crowd was laughing @ Mitt, and frankly there was a bit of the "embarrassed" for Mitt, laughing also.

Your running for president, yet lack an understanding of the lines drawn by the constitution?

What we have here, is a Ken doll running for president. Mitt can talk like a salesman, and looks like a model for a hair product.

If mitt did not have one of those 2 things, he wouldn't be running for president.....

Mitt Romney is dumb. Fact, Period!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrikeyMagnet

Originally posted by Annee

Forgive me for my Canadian-ness, but doesn't the constitution say something along the lines of "If it's not specifically spelled out in this document as a power of the Federal government, then it is a power of the state's government."? So... go for it.

As I understand it (in my simplistic basic style of posting) the Constitution does not rule on anything. It is a framework - a guideline. The Supreme Court is the law - that rules on the interpretation.

As some have pointed out Ron Paul hides his true belief and intentions behind the Constitution. As an individual he votes against Civil Rights.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

As I understand it (in my simplistic basic style of posting) the Constitution does not rule on anything. It is a framework - a guideline. The Supreme Court is the law - that rules on the interpretation.

The constitution sets limits. So Gov does not get out of control.

We are out of limits at present.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Seen the latest Mitt Romney video?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by kawika
reply to post by Annee

The constitution sets limits. So Gov does not get out of control.

We are out of limits at present.

In other words its a framework.

Only the Supreme Court can rule if we are out of limits. The law is not the Constitution - - it is the Supreme Court.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

In other words its a framework.

Only the Supreme Court can rule if we are out of limits. The law is not the Constitution - - it is the Supreme Court.

No. More like a barbed wire electric fence,

with a moat, and sharks and gators in the moat.

The court has some ability to adjust where the fence is, but it is a big deal to move it. Lots of digging and pouring concrete, and electric wiring.

The court is not supposed to make law, they do sometimes, but that is not our system. Which means they need to be sincere in interpreting the law to mean what it was intended to mean. So they have to know a lot. They need to have in their head all the decisions that have ever been made. In case they forget they could look it up, but it is important to know what is there to look up. These guys on the court really need to be our very best thinkers we can find.

There were some comments about not having the constitution memorized here. They really need to know what is there, maybe not the number of the amendment, but remembering there is something in there about "left to the states or the people" is pretty important. Otherwise they end up in the moat, with the gators.

edit on 10-1-2012 by kawika because: add quote

edit on 10-1-2012 by kawika because: corectolated spel'n err

edit on 10-1-2012 by kawika because: corectolated spel'n err

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join