It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney: I dont know what the Constitution says! Ask Ron Paul

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+47 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Then the crowd acts like if it's a sitcom and Chandler made a comment to Joey and the crowd applauses...

How can he be in the lead of the polls, if he cannot remember the constitution that he may be sworn to defend?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
There is a lot of things he didn't remember especially when they asked him about contraceptives ...ROFL

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

lol nice comparison..

but yeah ..

i hate myself for finding it funny.....
the guy sure is slick !
edit on 9-1-2012 by Acetradamus because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

He don´t care about stuff like that.
He knows what the public wants: some pretty words, a smiley face and a laugh.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
You do realize that Mitt said that as a jab to Ron Paul...right???

I don't think Ron Paul caught that either.

+41 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

i wonder how your mind works

+37 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I think we all get that it was a jab at RP. I'm pretty sure RP got it too. He's been dealing with this kind of stuff for decades. But then again that's what people do when they don't have anything inteligent to say. They take a jab at others to make themselves look good.

+49 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
"Ask the Constitutionalists...chuckle, chuckle" is Mitts way of saying he knows nothing about the Constitution. I thought it was his way to pass off the question to someone else but it backfired when George kept asking the question.

As for a jab at Ron Paul...nope don't see that. How is following the constitution a jab?

We need a President, not a CEO. Once we realize that America shouldn't be run like a corporation, the better off we will be.
edit on 9-1-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

What excuse do you have now? A jab? Mitt was clearly baffled, because he has no way of explaining it. So he tries to flip in onto Ron Paul and George Stephanopoulos told Mitt to stay on track. Basically he tried dodging that question maybe because he has no knowledge of what it says in the Constitution..

+32 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

I don't think Ron Paul caught that either.

Poking oneself in the eye intended to be a jab at someone else is hardly an effective jab. Before you know it Romney will be cutting his own nose off to spite Paul's face.

edit on 9-1-2012 by Jean Paul Zodeaux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
How can he be in the lead of the polls, if he cannot remember the constitution that he may be sworn to defend?

He is who the GOP wants for their guy. They are convinced that Romney is the ONLY one who can beat Obama and that's their SINGULAR goal.

Look at this site for the NH GOP:
nhgop2012.com...

Help us reach our goal. Help defeat Barack Obama!

Their bumper sticker reads: All Hope. No Jobs. Defeat Obama 2012

The reason Mitt is so darn popular is that people don't CARE about freedom and rights. They want Obama out... even if to replace him with another centrist, as long as there's an R behind his name. It's certainly not integrity and issues driving this campaign. The next few months, as we learn more about the candidates, should get very interesting. Mitt is going to fall under HEAVY attacks from all sides.

But I loved how Ron Paul turned toward Mitt as if to say, "Bring it on"!
It was one of his "cooler" moments.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Oh, I agree that Mitt was stumped on how to answer it.

But I didn't see him as trying to pass it off as much as him getting a jab in at Ron Paul being a self proclaimed "constitutionalist".

People were laughing at Ron Paul...not with him.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I don't like Romney nor would I even think about voting for that richy rich. BUT that was out of context...

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Oh, I agree that Mitt was stumped on how to answer it.

But I didn't see him as trying to pass it off as much as him getting a jab in at Ron Paul being a self proclaimed "constitutionalist".

I don't think they were laughing at Ron Paul , They were laughing at him passing off the question to someone who knows the constitution . He clearly stumbled , he need an exit , and a quick jab was all he had.

They were laughing with Ron Paul not at him. He can answer the question.

Since when is being a constitutionalist something to laugh at ?

Last time i checked men are to uphold it ? respect it ? and make sure its free from tyranny no ?

i know your got your bash ron paul glasses on , but surley you can see it through all your fog of ignorance?
edit on 9-1-2012 by yourboycal2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Oh get over yourselves. Not everyone here could be able to give a good answer to such a ridiculous question when it is asked on the spot. Does a state have the constitutional right to ban contraceptives? How the hell should he know, is Mitt vying for a job on the Supreme Court? Now if they asked ‘does the government have the right to detain Americans without a trial or access to a lawyer’ I would expect to him to know the right answer to that one. I think the Paulites are grasping at straws on this one.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Did you notice that message on the teleprompter it told the audience to laugh at RP when Mitt tries to make a stupid joke. All candidates to the left of Romney were laughing, and Huntsman didn't find that funny. Ron Paul had to laugh I mean how couldn't he laugh knowing you have someone running for President and they know nothing about the Constitution. I think Mitt is done

+17 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

My good friend, I certainly hope you are wrong about that. It will be a gleeful day in hell when the ignorant laugh at the knowledgeable for being knowledgeable. Personally, I have much more faith in humanity than that. Isn't it at all possible that people were simply laughing at the absurdity of Romney's remark?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

I know for a fact people were laughing at Romney, but it makes those people feel good about themselves when you say they were actually laughing at RP. Sarcasm at its greatest.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Well, if he's expected to take the oath of office, he should certainly have some sort of idea how to answer that question. At the very least, shouldn't he?

I do solemnly swear (or affirm), that I will administer justice without respect to persons, and do equal right to the poor and to the rich, and that I will faithfully and impartially discharge and perform all the duties incumbent on me, according to the best of my abilities and understanding, agreeably to the Constitution, and laws of the United States. So help me God.
Oath of office

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

They are convinced that Romney is the ONLY one who can beat Obama and that's their SINGULAR goal.

I agree with you on the strategy and thinking of the GOP, but they are epically WRONG in their strategy!

Part of me wants to see Romney go up against Obama, get destroyed in debates, and get destroyed at the polls, just so I can say, "I told you so." After that, the country can erupt into chaos, we can bring down the whole machine, and start over.

BUT, of course, the saner side of me wants to see the GOP get a clue and endorse the majority. Not the majority of typical Republicans, but the majority it will take to win the Whitehouse. The GOP needs to listen to the Liberatarians and other 3rd Party organizations. They need to listen to the OWS, and the Tea Party. They need to listen to the Internet, and the Pop Culture. They need to tap into the Blue Dog Democrats and the disenfranchised lefties.

There is only one candidate that can reach all of those groups, and still carry the Republican party as well. There is only one candidate that can beat Obama.

The choice is "I told you so" and then chaos, or embrace the new reality, and bring the GOP into the 21st Century, and put the country back on the right track. It seems like an easy enough choice if you ask me, but old, entrenched party politicians are dragging their feat at facing the reality.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join