It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney: I dont know what the Constitution says! Ask Ron Paul

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

You know when i saw that I started screaming for Paul to correct or chide him. Whhy was it so funny that he turns and says I dont know maybe we can ask our constitutionaslist. When presidents are sworn in do they not swear to uphold the Constitution. It is truly unbelievable.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

They were laughing with Ron Paul not at him. He can answer the question.

I may have become unnecessarily cynical, but I doubt they had any idea what they were laughing at. Ron Paul's reaction was good, though. "Yes. Go ahead and ask me."

I believe Mitt intended it to be a jab ("Why not ask the guy who's always parading that rag around?"), but it came out as an ignorant attempt to deflect. If you can't say something useful, at least try to say something funny.

Seriously, though... how can he take an oath to protect the constitution, when he doesn't know what it says? (Or what it doesn't specifically say, which is equally important when discussing powers of the states?)

(Oh, and Calgarian: Nice avatar. How are you enjoying the snow?)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
heres what some people say about Ron paul's popularity..

"They never mobbed us like they are mobbing this guy!" - Paul McCartney

"I never got the kind of love he gets!" - Tom Jones

"Wow! This guy is the king!" - Elvis Presley

"They just go gaga over him!" - Lady Gaga

"The young people go crazy over that dude." - Justin Beiber

"I couldn't get that kind of attention if I threw for 316 yards in a playoff game." - Tim Tebow

"80,000 fans screaming for us. I thought we were at a Ron Paul rally!" - Alabama Coach Nick Saban

New 6 month energy drink - "Ron Paul".

made me laugh when i read it, thought i'd share. its from dailypaul forum

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Romney is a dope. He and Huntsman look like "Vampires" from a bad 70's movie. I bet they both adore George Hamiton. Now Mr.Paul looks like the man down the street that wants you to "stay the hell off my grass"

Newt & his wife look like " swingers" also from the 70's. And Santorum, is the kid Ron Paul wants off his grass.

Their all, (except Mr.Paul) are laughable at best. I feel for our country if the vampires or swingers take office.. But who is there now is a joke.. and he's got to go. I hope Ron Paul uses this sound bite, so much WE get sick of hearing it.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Then the crowd acts like if it's a sitcom and Chandler made a comment to Joey and the crowd applauses...

How can he be in the lead of the polls, if he cannot remember the constitution that he may be sworn to defend?
Well there you go, straight from the "clone's" mouth.

Instead of telling "opoles" the liberal, that his question was redundant and that it was up to the states he chose to attack Paul. What exactly do people see in this RINO shill?and even after he was indorsed by another RINO shill (McCain).

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

People were laughing at Ron Paul...not with him.

My good friend, I certainly hope you are wrong about that. It will be a gleeful day in hell when the ignorant laugh at the knowledgeable for being knowledgeable. Personally, I have much more faith in humanity than that. Isn't it at all possible that people were simply laughing at the absurdity of Romney's remark?

Wow, I suppose Hell has been gleeful for a long time then. The ignorant commonly laugh at the educated and knowledgable, that's part of what makes them ignorant.

Havent you ever seen a "nerd" get picked on and laughed at, just because its clear the "nerd" has his priorities on things other than what is deemed "cool"????

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
You do realize that Mitt said that as a jab to Ron Paul...right???

I don't think Ron Paul caught that either.

Poking oneself in the eye intended to be a jab at someone else is hardly an effective jab. Before you know it Romney will be cutting his own nose off to spite Paul's face.

edit on 9-1-2012 by Jean Paul Zodeaux because: (no reason given)

Oh, God.....what a classic quote.......

You're the best, Jean Paul.....

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by CrikeyMagnet

("Why not ask the guy who's always parading that rag around?")

Hahaha! Well put. I'm sure that's exactly what he meant. What an ass.

I also think Romney was hoping no one would be able to tell by the look on his face that he didn't know how to answer the question. Therefore....diverting to Paul....epic fail.....LOL
edit on 10-1-2012 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Gov Romney should have been able to answer the question. The State where he was Governor made a big deal about laws controlling the sale of birth control while he was a student at Harvard in the 1970's
It is an easy matter to google and find news articles about the Harvard book store being required to remove condoms offered for sale. Gov Romney can not possibly not remember the state stood almost alone in their opposition to the retail sale of birth contol devices. If he really can't remember perhaps an investgative reporter should look to see if anyone of his class mates can remember him being in school when he says he was.

This was a stupid question by George and not handled well by Mitt Romney. A better question in this subject area would have been for George to ask about the man recently refused the right to purchase the morning after pill at a retail drug store because of concern that he may have intended to force or trick a women to take the pill.

Overall a poor question for a national show about a Federal election.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
This isn't funny at all, scary is more like it.

I guess the "Constitution of the USA" is a joking matter to a possible presidential candidate.

"Facepalm"
edit on 10-1-2012 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
"DECONSTRUCTING DISINFORMATION - i'm posting this video before it gets picked up and ran with like it the truth its not This VIDEO IS EDITED!!! I'm in no way endorsing this guy either or any candidate but just want to reveal the sneaky tactics employed and how this hurts the overall dialog between voters that believe in something totally false just because they saw it on you tube..here is a full unedited version:

as you can watch there is a bit more of a dialog than is presented in the original video
edit on 1/10/2012 by bladdersweat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by bladdersweat

Thanks for the video.

Isn't it hypocritical how Ron Paul supporters cry about how the other candidates and the public are ignorant about facts...yet they themselves show their ignorance when it came to this one video.

They accepted it is as fact yet did not even bother to do a little research into it...to see if what was being shown was in fact the real video or an edited one.

They just accepted it. They cry when the everyone is supposedly smearing RP...but say nothing when a supporter attempts to smear another candidate.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

This has been edited to sound different then the way it went down. Just as bad as the main-stream does.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
reply to post by bladdersweat

Thanks for the video.

Isn't it hypocritical how Ron Paul supporters cry about how the other candidates and the public are ignorant about facts...yet they themselves show their ignorance when it came to this one video.

They accepted it is as fact yet did not even bother to do a little research into it...to see if what was being shown was in fact the real video or an edited one.

They just accepted it. They cry when the everyone is supposedly smearing RP...but say nothing when a supporter attempts to smear another candidate.

This is one pointless, STEREOTYPE. You spout off about facts and then do the same that is a hypocrite. As you can see above I stated it is edited and I support RP. So see you are dead wrong!

edit on 10-1-2012 by blangger because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2012 by blangger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Actually, I don't see much of an issue here.

Mitt didn't know if states had such a right...he would have to ask someone who did know (aka, Ron Paul), or have time to research himself (I suggest asking a constitutional lawyer personally if this was a real question verses hypotheticals).

I read the constitution before, I didn't object to anything, but I didn't memorize the Constitution like some sort of math equation (amendments to we are discussing actually). Who actually knows every word of every amendment of the constitution?

This whole ron paul hyper-worship trumps obama by a factor of 10. Replace dancing schoolkids with 50 somethings ready to riot because someone looked at Ron Paul.

And keep in mind folks, even if Paul won, his presidency would be ineffective. Republicans in house/senate would not agree with him because they don't want "that type" of republican rule to color their party, and democrats would oppose him on matters of principled stances...so, he is left with almost no party to help him. aka, lame duck president from day 1.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The unedited makes Paul look even better in my opinion. The president is a branch of gov and must protect the constitution. They can veto bills they feel are unconstitutional as Andrew Jackson proved when he vetoed the bank of the us. The constitution isn't black and white, it must be interpreted. Mitt failed and even attempting to interpret it.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
This reminds me of Ronald Reagan's "There you go again" comebacks in his debates when asked about trivial things like Medicare.

Seriously, if the guy doesn't know the Constitution, should he be running for public office, let alone the Presidency?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Most people also miss MANY of the layers of the question posed. One bring the right to ingest substances of ones choice (drug). If they can't say no to contraceptives then why can they other drugs. Then if the state allows contraceptives can the fed make them illegal?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
You do realize that Mitt said that as a jab to Ron Paul...right???

I don't think Ron Paul caught that either.

As if knowing the Constitution is a bad thing. It makes you a kook right? That crazy Ron Paul talking about conspiracy theories like the Constitution! Crazy uncle Paul!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
In the Oath of Office, the ONLY thing that the President Elect swears to is "to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, so help me God".

This is pretty much the only stated requirement of being President.

If a Presidential candidate doesn't know the Constitution forwards, back to front, and upside down, he (or she!) doesn't deserve to be President.

Saying that you don't know the answer when asked a question about the Constitution should automatically negate you from being allowed to run for the office of President.
edit on 10-1-2012 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join