It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe and US Be Aware - Winter Is Returning...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainInstaban

Fair enough, but all the OP is doing is saying that there is a good chance that a cold snap is on the way and he will give us more info at the weekend... nothing more, nothing less.
A couple of weeks ago 'jrmcleod' pre-warned us days in advance that we were heading for some bad weather here in the UK ... he was correct. Infact he did this before the usual media outlets (TV, Radio, Newspapers) did. That pre-warning enabled many to prepare.

People are interested in weather ... yes it may be stating the obvious that winter is cold and we get snow, but nevertheless, people S&F a thread if it interests them, not just because they are Lemmings.

I for one am please for a bit of an early warning if we are due for some bad weather.

Now, lets not de-rail a thread and see what comes.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Brilliant thread (again). Thank you very much Mr McLeod (of clan McLeod)

I have been missing the weather threads for the last few days and sulking for the majority of this winter due to the lack of winter weather. I, for one, am very pleased at the potential for some brass monkeys weather......

And don't worry, even if this one turns out wrong i won't hold it against you - you still have a better hiot rate than the Met Office!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
I guess this means the end of the "it's too warm the end of the world is here" threads and the beginning of the "It's too cold it's the end of the world" threads

That time of year

edit on 9-1-2012 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

We haven't seen any "its just the right temperature, it's the end of the world" threads yet.......any takers?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I'm not the biggest fan of snow per se, but it's pretty however and normal for this time of year, mostly concerned for nature being confused. Being in a high risk area, according to your map OP. It's supposed to have snowed more here, am saying that because the forecast has been off as of late. Now the forecast is saying again we should have some showers tonight and in the am tomorrow and near the end of the week. No snow yet, but will update if that changes. Thanks for the info.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Even if it does get worse, it is already the middle of January! We've really reduced the length of winter this year---which makes me very happy!

The fewer days of high fuel costs, shoveling, and icy roads-----the better!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Severe Weather Alert from Dutch Sinse
www.youtube.com...

Also Pole Shift Monitoring by the Germans
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Plumbduff

Jeah, maybe I´m a little harsh, but sometimes it just seems that people S and F a thread because it is well presented with nice pics, and once it gets above like 50 flags others feel inclined to flag it too, while the thread itself is not at all shocking or revealing important information, and the really good threads hardly ever receive more than 40 flags.

I have no problem with this thread itself however, I just get annoyed by what I feel is mob behavior and impuls flagging.

I could be wrong though.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
..I think late january - but mostly febuary onward will bring some major changes to the weather pattern that we are having right now.. it will be very wet and crazy wild this year..., I love wild weather..although Im putting out there beforehand, sorry for those who will suffer loses this year thru flooding, hurricanes, tornadoes..(tsunamis and quakes, too) my prayers are with you.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Jamie, your reputation will never be on the line in my eyes. You 'clearly' state this is 'potential' weather, and only the minority of fools see it differently.

Great job again, and many thanks for your efforts! Another well deserved S+F

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Thanks for the update, I was kind of expecting a harsh cold anytime soon.

I will heed your advice and get the fire wood cut and stacked up.
Thanks for your assistance.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss
Even if it does get worse, it is already the middle of January! We've really reduced the length of winter this year---which makes me very happy!

The fewer days of high fuel costs, shoveling, and icy roads-----the better!

Agreed but if we can get unseasonably mild weather we can also get the reverse. So I'm not letting down my guard yet! Btw the UK weather reports are now saying it will get colder towards the weekend.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Thank nice post.

TBH i was expecting a cold snap to be on its way at some point, im just glad to know when to expect it. Its been so mild here in england over the last couple of weeks i knew it couldnt last.

now im just going to wait for the inevitable countrywide gridlock and reported 'food shortages & panic buying' when there's been 1 inch of snow.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I couldn't agree more that things are going to change quick and take people off guard like it did to me today. Yesterday before work the weather said rain for thursday here in SE Massachusetts, well when I went to bring boxes out to my van at 3:45am this morning it was snowing!!! And not only that the roads were not good at all and thankfully I didn't hit that mac truck, lol. Now I'm also hearing that our rain for thursday could end up being snow, which could possibly be a nor-easter which would not be good at all. I think it was around this time last year that I finally got power back from the blizzard we had after Christmas, not fun memories. Glad I have a new apartment and gas heat that still works without power. Just need to go get candles for light.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Colder weather is expected for much of the US in the next few days, but that is relative to the temperatures we've been experiencing lately, and definitely not what some here are anticipating/expecting.

It is a given that the US, at least, will indeed have a "cold snap" soon, but it wont be in the next few days. I'm looking for it early February.

You can always count on cold and snow in this part of the US in February. If this trend continues into and past Feb, then I will start to worry.

Thanks OP for your insight.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11I11
73+ flags for giving us a weather forecast? Erh? I was kind of expecting you to reveal that some huge storm heading our way or we were set for a heat wave or something!

Let me just clarify. IF the set up prevails...and you live in the anywhere north of the Yellow Line in the OP, you could very well see a significant cold event, relative to of late.

I dont do this for S&F's...by all means the MODS can remove them from my profile and this thread...

P.S. I often see threads with 100 or so flags because someone claims to be Jesus, An Alien or have a story to tell about how they know the secrets of the universe...i don't understand what the issue is here when all i'm doing is forecasting a potential severe return to winter for the US and Canada that you would most likely not hear about until a day or two before...
edit on 10/1/12 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
TextTextText Red

Does this bring to mind the movie The Day the Earth Stood Still for anyone else?
I happened to watch it last night... then lo' and behold amidst my intel gathering i "happen" across this.... gave me a case of the chills...thoughts anyone?
GOOD WORK OP S&F

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainInstaban
So let me get this straight.

The OP is predicting snow and freezing this winter?

And people are somehow surprised and impressed by that?

Ooooo.....k.

This just in, I did some research and I´ve come to the conclusion that there might be sunshine coming summer....better stock up on sunscreen.

Well if your predicting it for the UK your wrong

Yes its easy to say it'll be cold and snowy...but in reality life just isn't that black and white...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

reply to post by ScorpiusMaximus

To those jeering the OP for his hard work and info, try looking at the bigger picture he's not saying "Oh look, it's gonna snow in winter".. he's saying that yes the northern hemisphere has had a warmish winter with little to no snow, but the POSSIBILITY of decent snowfalls may be looking better. Duh, try reading properly... sheesh.

Isn´t that virtually the same thing? No it´s even worse.

It MIGHT snow this winter, wow

So what´s the difference between this and a random weather forecast on tv?

What did this thread give you besides the inconclusive information that it might start snowing this winter in spite of the mild weather sofar?

Duh, try to flag the real gems, not the ones with nice bright pics.

Seriously 110 flags for an inconclusive weather report?

What a bunch of lemmings here sometimes.....

Try re reading the OP and focusing on the message in the thread...i don't really know how to put this any easier...

"This thread is to illustrate to the people of the US and Europe that this milder weather we are experiencing and are currently in the grips of, the signals are pointing that it is coming to an end. Your TV will not say this, not yet at least. I posted this thread to show others who are concerned about the lack of wintry weather, and those whose livelihoods actually depend on cold weather. Spring is in the air, plants are blooming, dogs losing fur etc...this is only to highlight that winter is on the return. Had the signals not started to show, there is every possibility that we could have been stuck in this mild weather for the next 40 days, where there is every possibility that winter would have been a no show at all"

What is it with some people on ATS? If you don't like the thread or don't think it merits the flags, email the mods and have the flags removed or the thread closed...it makes no odds to me!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

reply to post by Plumbduff

Jeah, maybe I´m a little harsh, but sometimes it just seems that people S and F a thread because it is well presented with nice pics, and once it gets above like 50 flags others feel inclined to flag it too, while the thread itself is not at all shocking or revealing important information, and the really good threads hardly ever receive more than 40 flags.

I have no problem with this thread itself however, I just get annoyed by what I feel is mob behavior and impuls flagging.

I could be wrong though.

Would you be happier if i created the illustrative images in Paint? Would that make this thread better and easier to understand or would you prefer i posted a thread with words only?

Does it not make it easier to understand...the colours serve a purpose in understanding the images...i didnt create them, they are produced by the weather models.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

All I have to say is that currently there's a forecast from the states on next weeks temps in Europe, and then there's a forecast from Europe about the temps in Europe.... the difference between the two is 20 degrees celcius.

I find that completely ridiculous and it's one of the reasons I really don't give a beep about these weekly forecasts. I don't do anything anyways that the weather can have influence on. So let it snow or let the sun shine from a clear sky like it is today... I care not which.

Stop treating daily weekly forecasts like they have significant meaning for the common man. I can't remember a single time last year where the weather had significant influence on my day, except making me wait for the next train.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join