It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe and US Be Aware - Winter Is Returning...

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainInstaban

Pretty sure he means that because of the OP he will prepare a little better. Pointless post to be perfectly honest mate. Irrelevant to the thread as is my post replying to yours!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Man I thought I woke up on the wrong side of the bed! Anyways, I had to leave you a comment because you gave me a good laugh and made my day. I think I just might star you as well for being the crabbiest person of the day! Congrats!

On topic: This nice weather is great, but it is making my allergies go crazy! Maybe some cold weather will help me breathe again.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

Oh for god sakes, you get practically beaten to death with the weather, radio, tv, internet, and it´s the most common smalltalk topic amongst humans.

He would´ve heard anyway. He apparently wasn´t prepared enough even though it is mid winter and you know that you can expect it, and now when a random person on the internet predicts that it might get cold or might not get cold in a non specified time frame, it is suddenly time to prepare.

I swear to god, this whole charade gets funnier by the minute.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Could this ongoing snow fall be a sign of what's to come..

Alaska fishing town buried under record breaking snow

After 10ft (3m) of snow and with the troops called in, could we all see this in our towns in the next few weeks??

I kinda hope so... just as long as nobody gets hurt... the economy might get hit, but who really worries about that these days

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod
What I’m about to present to you may very well put my reputation on the line with regards to weather forecasting and preparedness

As far as I'm concerned you never even possessed any reputation in the first place, and if you did, you lost it with one of your last threads, claiming the lowest air pressure of all times would cause storms of biblical proportions never seen before in the UK .. wasn't that about three weeks ago ?

There's a reason why the weatherman does present the weather on TV, and you present the weather on ATS. Go figure

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
@H1ght3chHippie

The thread i created a few weeks ago was about a storm that hit the UK that had the potential to bring danger to life...the storm projection at the time of me creating the thread was projected to be only 15mb's away from the lowest recorded low pressure system to ever hit the UK, that record was set in the 1800's.

I created that thread a few days or so after i correctly warned about "Hurricane Bawbag". This was to warn people in the UK of a potentially fatal weather system, something the UK Met Office were reluctant to do until a day after i posted a thread about it.

This system was a quick succession to Hurricane Bawbag, which of course subsequently cost the scottish economy over £150,000,000 worth of damage, which is a lot for a country with only 5 million people. The fastest winds recorded during this storm were 8mph less than the UK record. Winds reached 165mph. This i felt warranted a thread of its own highlighting the potential for 2 more stroms impacting us less than a week after Hurricane Bawbag.

If you feel that what i did was inadequate, wrong or not justified then thats fine, however, my concern was for warning others, not seeking your opinion...

With regards my reputation, i was simply speaking in terms of my weather thread...the reason being that people who post about weather can be subject to a lot of criticism if it fails and i had created 4 threads within 1 month on the UK severe weather with mixed responses and effects. But like you say, since i don't or didn't have a reputation to be concerned about, there is no harm done...

@CaptainInstaban

I am grateful for your opinions in the thread, even though they are off topic and not relevent. I am also glad that you spoke your mind...i'm sure you feel better for it

You clearly have an issue with threads being popular. I'm guessing the way ATS works, although i'm not sure is that if a thread attracts a lot of flags it is automatically pinned on the home screen. Maybe a mod can clarify. If this is the case, i cant help that but you can...

You can go make a thread that will attract attention and get posted on the home page that others can grill and tear to peices because they feel it isn't warranted.

I'm not sure why there is such a strong reaction from you regarding threads taking the home screen, for a couple of days (which mine hasn't, its only been 24 hours - and now its been replaced).

I am curious of a few things though, do you work for ATS? Do you have an issue with others seeing a thread like this on the home screen? Are you trying to premote ATS to the general public and are scared of what the home screen looks like? Because you seem awfully pre-occupied with that issue - i know, maybe you can go find a good ole' conspiracy that will steal "all the flags and stars" and show the world something new and exciting, maybe you can change the face of ATS forever with your contributions, maybe you can enhance ATS by getting a thread of yours on the home screen instead of criticising this thread...just a thought!

edit on 10/1/12 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/1/12 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

You clearly have an issue with threads being popular.
reply to post by jrmcleod

I clearly and obviously don´t, search my history if you will, it´s this thread in particular.

You can go make a thread that will attract attention and get posted on the home page that others can grill and tear to peices because they feel it isn't warranted.

I don´t post threads when I have nothing of real substance to say. If my thread can get grilled and torn to pieces I did something wrong. You are fair game out here, it´s supposed to be like that.

I am curious of a few things though, do you work for ATS? Do you have an issue with others seeing a thread like this on the home screen? Are you trying to premote ATS to the general public and are scared of what the home screen looks like?

Back in the day ATS used to be hardcore and underground, and sharp with a certain pride in upholding the motto, I´ve seen it change more and more into a mainstream site and it just urinates me off that the membership flags a weatherreport that has the conclusion that it might get cold, or might not get cold this winter, without a specific time frame, a few bright pics, plus some posturing and pure speculation about obvious things by the OP, more than 140 times.

It´s sad and hilarious at the same time.

There seems to be a herd mentatlity and lack of critical thought and sharpness.

Again it´s not your fault, I´m sorry I had to dissect your post to make my point.

They made me do it.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Wait... I get it now...

This thread is about each other... not the weather at all!!!

*facepalm*

3rd and final warning to post on topic - post bans are now being considered

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
So by this, I am guessing Minnesota will get colder than usual. This is very helpful though thank you!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake
I'm not the biggest fan of snow per se, but it's pretty however and normal for this time of year, mostly concerned for nature being confused. Being in a high risk area, according to your map OP. It's supposed to have snowed more here, am saying that because the forecast has been off as of late. Now the forecast is saying again we should have some showers tonight and in the am tomorrow and near the end of the week. No snow yet, but will update if that changes. Thanks for the info.

Added update: It's snowed a bit last night, but is no longer snowing. Some is still on the ground.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I always think ATS is not only informative, but educational too. Sure, it's great to read a conspiracy and think... what if? It's also brilliant to follow all the links all over the Internet.

Know what spoils it for me?

People coming on to threads they deem irrelevant, or not 'hardcore', and spouting off about how they hate your thread. Well... How about you go elsewhere to another of the many forums instead of spoiling... no... childishly wasting... a good thread about a current topic that offers actual content.

Serial quoters are the worst and lowest of the trolls.

Any chance of forecasting a 250mph tornadic wind to suck the wind out that guys lungs? Now that would be nice.

Keep up the good work McLeod. Your threads are enjoyable, appreciated, and save me from dragging through all the models myself. Not that I purport to understand them all perfectly, but thanks to you I'm learning as I go.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
livin in Canada this has been a paradise!!
thanks man ill keep the cold in mind and prepare for the worst roads and the best hills

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

We are having a very snowy winter in Anchorage, Alaska this year. Right now the temperatures are pretty normal for January.

One thing I've noticed while watching in the 11 years I've been here, is that whenever it's warmer and mild in the NY area, it's cold and more stormy here. When the weather is bad in the NY area, it's generally a sign of mild nice weather here. I can almost predict the weather here watching the NY area weather.

We started with a couple of weeks at 20 to 30 degrees (Fahrenheit) below normal here in November, then it went to above normal temps in December and now its back to normal temps. However the last two months last year had record snowfall amounts.

If what you say is true and my observations are correct about this, it should get far warmer here at the same time and the snow will stop.

Here though nothing is truly normal. At any time it can drop to below zero and then go to above 40 the next day, even in January.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Edit: movie was The day after tomorrow not day the earth stood still
Noob here mods my apologies if I'm not following protocol

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Wisconsin here-----Midwest USA. 3-6 inches of snow forecast next 48 hrs. This is the first real snow and will be followed with cold weather. It was 50 today with sunshine.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
cheers for telling us winter is coming . i cant help but chuckle ..we have had mild winters before just as we have had cool summers its nothing new....i suppose your not human if you cant have a good debate about the weather eh.....please warn us of something we dont know in future or there is just no point

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

in your own words, and you most likely already answered this, what is your prediction on when this winter storm will hit it's peak?

That will be great to know, then I have a deadline to fill.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SteffieJo

Man I thought I woke up on the wrong side of the bed! Anyways, I had to leave you a comment because you gave me a good laugh and made my day. I think I just might star you as well for being the crabbiest person of the day! Congrats!.

He's not crabby he's a troll.

I forwarded this thread to my Auntie and a friend of the family (both in their 70's) yesterday, and the 'normal non trolling' response back was;

Hello darling, thank you for the information about weather. I hope nothing comes of it as it plays havoc with my knees, I look forward to your friends next (Bless her)report as I found it quite informative. I hope you are well and the pups are behaving themselves lots of love Aunty Denny xx

Thank Oz that was well put together, i've been expecting a cold snap let's hope its not too bad! Pete

Thanks again Jamie for your efforts, as you can see 99% of us understand and appreciate them.

Edit: don't feed the trolls!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join