It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Days of Darkness in 2012

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Nothing. Nothing at all. Alignments and planes have no effect at all.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Wasnt comet ELEnin to be the bringer of the three days?
there were some sure people on that one..

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

If earth's core is truly liquid iron like they think, then that is a giant magnet. And earth is also really wired up like a coil/transmitter. She rotates on FREE ELECTROMAGNETIC ENERGY. You know the kind we all need to use. Over Unity.

Wrong. Liquid iron cannot form a magnet. See the link I posted about the curie point. The liquid core forms a magnetic field because it is in motion. No the Earth is not wired up. The Earth does not rotate on free electromagnetic energy.

Aftert hose mistakes you went off the deep end on the rest of the post.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Sitchin did not create Nibiru. Its alot older than he is. The real thing is trying to discover what the mystery school boys mean when they say that.

Not true. The idea of Nibiru begins with Sitchin. He pretends it is ancient, but he is the source of the fiction.

He gave impossible properties to Nibiru which the scientific community quickly recognized as properties that cannot exist.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

The issue is that the solar maximum is about sun spot number. It is a measure of solar activity. It must be remembered that a low solar maximum does not mean that there cannot be large events. It means that overall the events are less than normal. There can be CMEs and even large ones during a solar minimum.

We are going into a less than average solar maximum. That is a statement about sunspots. Sunspots are associated with magnetic events.

Here is what you wrote

The Sun's output/CME activity is supposed to increase this year.

I wrote

Actually sun spot activity increases.

What you have to realize is that CME activity may increase or may not.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Again, the electric universe theory is a failure. That is why it is considered pseudoscience by cosmologists et al. It does not reflect reality.

The universe is shaped by gravity. Although there are some instances of EM being involved, the universe is still shaped by gravity. In our solar system the orbits of the planets, asteroids, comets, etc are well understood solely through gravity. Trivial amounts of matter are described by gravity and magnetic forces such as the incredibly small amount of material causing the aurora.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

String theory has never been empirically tested.

The ones who created the biggest fraud on humanity and have brought this world to the brink of catastrophe are the very branch of physics you tout on ats all the time, ignoring everything else, with blinders on.

Nice fantasy statement.

Einstein worked in a patent office and was never given his nobel prize for his supposed theory of relativity, the officials did know the background of who he "borrowed" from, and where not willing to, so instead the "borrowed" from a Russian Scientist and accredited him with something else. The postulates he speaks of ALL HAVE BEEN DISPROVEN BY REAL DATA.

Completely false. Einstein received a Nobel prize for 1 of the 3 papers he authored in 1905. Special relativity was not chosen. The Nobel committee is in no way an authority in anything other than giving out prize money.

1. The Law of Conservation.

2. Space as one element/homogenous.

3. The speed of Light.

There goes relativity.

1. The conservation of what?

2. Please provide something other than this obtuse comment.
3. It exists. Sorry, but light has a speed

This wasn't just error. It was done deliberately, so this was fraud.

So far you have not shown anything at all let alone a problem.

Relativity works. Einstein was right and was vindicated through many experiments.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

The magnetic poles do not shift. Using pole shift and thinking magnetism leads to confusion. A pole shift is a propose physical event that simply does not happen and is impossible.

The notion that alignments are involved with magnetic reversals or that some sort of astronomical cycle involves magnetic reversals is not true. The issue has to do with convection curents in the part of the Earth called the outer core.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Kalki11

The Sun cannot go nova. It has too small a mass and the electric universe theory is a hoax.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

The magnetic poles do not shift. Using pole shift and thinking magnetism leads to confusion. A pole shift is a propose physical event that simply does not happen and is impossible.

The notion that alignments are involved with magnetic reversals or that some sort of astronomical cycle involves magnetic reversals is not true. The issue has to do with convection curents in the part of the Earth called the outer core.

I saw a show a while back - on History Channel or Discovery or...I can't remember - where a geologist was pointing out how the magnetic poles had shifted because of some magnetically sensitive stuff that on one layer pointed north, and then pointed south in some soil sample.

Models of how the magnetic poles can shift have been done:

www.psc.edu...

www.pbs.org...

techicore.com...

From the above youtube link:

Glatzmaier and Roberts created a physical model of Earth magnetic field production in the planet's liquid core and ran a simulation on supercomputers. This video shows the moment of spontaneous reversal of Earth magnetic field. Modeling time flows on the order of 100 years per second; the whole reversal process completes in less than a thousand years. Note that color intensity does not represent the field strength. During the reversal, overall strength of the field decreases 10-fold.

Just sayin'.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I read a book about "The Three Days of Darkness." years ago. I just checked and now there are 3 different ones about it out.

There are many mystics and wannabe mystic (Catholic and non-Catholic) prophecies about it. I have also read several books about Padre Pio, St. Pio now. St Pio did not write anything about it. His signature was forged.

According to James J. Drummey in "Catholic Answers 2":

Padre Pio's name was connected with this prophecy in the late 1940s by the Council of Heroldsbach, a group in Germany that was formed after some children claimed that the Blessed Mother had appeared to them. The Council composed a letter about the three days of darkness and forged Padre Pio's name to it. The letter was declared a forgery in 1950 by Padre Pio's superior in San Giovanni Rotondo. In 1951, the Vatican's Holy Office, without mentioning Padre Pio by name, stated that the alleged appearances of the Blessed Virgin in Heroldsbach were not supernatural...

forums.catholic.com...

I use to believe it might happen. I say it will be terrifying if it does. I remember the book saying it would be so dark you could not see your hand in front of your face. And the noises, not just animals, human screams,too. The book I read said that when it was over the outside would be beautiful, renewed.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I saw a show a while back - on History Channel or Discovery or...I can't remember - where a geologist was pointing out how the magnetic poles had shifted because of some magnetically sensitive stuff that on one layer pointed north, and then pointed south in some soil sample.

The same thing is seen on the ocean floor where new ocean bottom produced at the spreading ridges shows the current magnetic orientation and older floor shows older orientations.

This study, which is recent, shows a model predicting that the dynamics of the core can lead to reversals. It also suggests that reversals could be as short as a thousand years.

Notice that many pseudosciences make claims about sudden magnetic reversals as in a year or less or even a few days. This model suggests that reversals are not that fast.

Thanks for posting the links.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Reminds me of Jesus - how he talked about the temple being rebuilt after three days. Or whatever (:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kalki11
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I believe that the sun will go supernova, or blackhole:

rev 6:12

I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red,

I had a series of dreams that revealed how the suns spots (points of magnetic field reversal) would migrate to the suns poles forming two large sunspots, they grew and enveloped the sun until the sun was black, blacker than black. This corresponds to earth changes, first auroras, then gravitational anomalies I call "sky clefts" which I theorize are ley lines amplified, and then the apocalypse of New Jerusalem, a fully exposed and biased earth grid which appears as a crystalline cage around the earth, possibly the cross in the sky.

So that's one possibility, that the inner solar system will quantum-phase shift, that accounts for ALL metaphysical phenomena of the end times.

If the earths crust is dragged over the geodynamo as things align to some intergalactic magnetic field then its possible that one hemisphere will get 3 days of dark and the other 3 days of sunlight.

Both things may happen.

Wow, that's pretty intense.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

reply to post by Kalki11

The Sun cannot go nova. It has too small a mass and the electric universe theory is a hoax.

Thanks for posting so many intelligent and scientifically based answers. I hate when people just spout ignorant garbage!!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I have to say i feel quite depressed reading a lot of ats topics this topic being an example

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by cuchullainuk777

I have to say i feel quite depressed reading a lot of ats topics this topic being an example

There is really nothing to be depressed about.

Three days of darkness is simply the time period during which the gullible realize how they were taken in by foolish claims. Then they rebound and move forward hopefully with a lesson learned.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I was wondering before how ats will recover after 2012 has come and gone? for obvious reasons this year will take a monumental amount of space and enertgy on this website and when all those who fell for it are sat out in the garden waiting to be sucked down a wormhole suddenly realise its as per normal will we be dealing with a lot of unrequited people

There is really nothing to be depressed about.

Three days of darkness is simply the time period during which the gullible realize how they were taken in by foolish claims. Then they rebound and move forward hopefully with a lesson learned.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Hopefully after 3 days of despair or "darkness" they can get on with their lives and learn not to be so gullible in the future. Maybe in the mean time some simple lessons can be learned about how interesting the world is without making up a lot of baloney.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Well to be honest i can take n leave the baloney makes them happy and gives them a hobby i suppose the ones i take particular distaste to are fake fat f****** psychics peddling fake bilge on the most vulnerable grief struck making a fast buck on the desperate .Oh how i detest them

edit on 8-1-2012 by cuchullainuk777 because: slight semantic modulatory infusion

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join