It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Days of Darkness in 2012

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
The 3 days of darkness are symbolic by Christ's 3 days spent in the belly of earth, before ascending. And Christ's mininistry, as a Higher Up, was to show us, grass roots what it took to progress/ascend, metaphor or real, how to graduate earth school. Service to others. Picture the most ideal parents on earth, not fighting nor one sex dominating the other. But really kind, humor and light filled, good intelligent aware people, and how they would treat their children, forgive and help them, through all their troubles, share and equalize everything. Minister to one another. And its not about "join this Church or that" either.

Maybe it's is just 3 days of total madness, as opposed to light "goodness".

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Kalki11

Science has built in fallibility, it's supposed to welcome alternative ideas and is always surprising itself with new info from newer tools, Hubble for example.

But science also drops bad ideas as they are revealed as such. That is why the electric universe is pseudoscience. It fails.

Maybe Sitchin was wrong about Nibiru in the light of flawed physics, but in a different theory Nibiru is on its way.

That makes no sense. If it is impossible to have such a planet then it is impossible.

Gravity successfully explains systems including all of the exoplanets being discovered.

Classicists hate it when quantum effects impinge on the macroscopic.

That's false. There are very few examples of macroscopic quantum effects. People don't hate them. People try to exploit them.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I see so they are symbolic and connected to only 1 religion and nothing is going to happen.

That I could believe. So this hijack's the new ager baloney. Whatever.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Hello

It will start earlier.
I will explain later.

God Bless You

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
So many people so sure that they cannot but state their "facts".
Why assert that we should accept them as such?
I am of the impression that the universe contains a "maybe".
We shall see.
edit on 11-1-2012 by trouble_every_day because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

How or who does MHD / Electric universe fail? What does it not explain?

Have you heard of rogue planets? Planets that have not a wildly eccentric orbit but actually figure 8 two star systems?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

JOHANN FRIEDE Johann Friede (1204-1257), an Austrian monk of the Order of St. John "The nebula of the Greater Bear will arrive in the vicinity of earth... and will fill the space of five hundred suns at the horizon. It will more and more cover up the light of the sun until the days will be like nights at full moon. The illumination will not come from the moon, but from Orion, which constellation, by the light of Jupiter, will send forth its rays on the Greater Bear and will dissolve its nebula with the force of light. "By this time mankind will be stricken with terror. Birds will be like reptiles and will not use their wings. Animals of the ground, in fear and alarm, will raise such a clamor that it will make human hearts tremble. Men will flee their abodes in order not to see the weird occurrence. Finally, complete darkness will set in and last for three days and three nights.
reply to post by Julie Washington

I am more inclined to believe the above will cause the predicted 3 days of darkness. There is a spiral galaxy, Messier 108, in Ursa Major (translates to Greater Bear) that has a mass 125 billion times the Sun. There is a supermassive black hole at the center that is 24 million times the Sun. en.wikipedia.org...

It is plausible that an alignment could block the Sun reaching our planet causing darkness.
edit on 12-1-2012 by muse1111 because: Ursa Major translation to Greater Bear

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Kalki11

How or who does MHD / Electric universe fail? What does it not explain?

Have you heard of rogue planets? Planets that have not a wildly eccentric orbit but actually figure 8 two star systems?

EU fails to explain solar system orbits.
EU fails in its claim that comets are charged - see failed predictions of Deep Impact event

Rogue planets are not ones orbiting stars.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by muse1111

It's 14 million parsecs away.

Joke right?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by Unity_99

I see so they are symbolic and connected to only 1 religion and nothing is going to happen.

That I could believe. So this hijack's the new ager baloney. Whatever.

The whole world around you, is but a dream. Though the experiences are real. Wake up comes to mind.

And yes its metaphor and real. As Above So Below, and As Below So Above. For the foundation as well.

And you're Spirit. And often times in a private room.

And nothing in this world aside from Love, and helping nudge others out, and the things we can do to tend the needs of others and tend to our own health and wholeness too, and anything thats not healing, beautiful, kind, empowering to all equally, and helpful, means anything.

Its just a trap.

edit on 12-1-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse1111

JOHANN FRIEDE
reply to post by Julie Washington

I am more inclined to believe the above will cause the predicted 3 days of darkness. There is a spiral galaxy, Messier 108, in Ursa Major (translates to Greater Bear) that has a mass 125 billion times the Sun. There is a supermassive black hole at the center that is 24 million times the Sun. en.wikipedia.org...

It is plausible that an alignment could block the Sun reaching our planet causing darkness.
edit on 12-1-2012 by muse1111 because: Ursa Major translation to Greater Bear

Yes, this is an interesting prophecy. Here is the entire quote:

According to a vision received by Johann Friede (1204-1257), an Austrian monk of the Order of St. John, several extraordinary phenomena will give warning that the present order of civilization is about to end:

"When the great time will come, in which mankind will face its last, hard trial, it will be foreshadowed by striking changes in nature; the alteration between cold and heat will become more intensive, storms will have more catastrophic effects, earthquakes will destroy greater regions and the seas will overflow many lowlands.

Not all of it will be the result of natural causes, but man will penetrate into the bowels of the earth and will reach into the clouds, gambling with its own existence. Before the powers of destruction will succeed in their design, the universe will be thrown into disorder, and the age of iron will plunge into nothingness.

When the nights will be filled with more intensive cold and the day with heat, a new life will begin in nature. The heat means radiation from the earth, the cold the waning light of the sun. Only a few more years and you will become aware that sunlight has become perceptibly weaker. When even your artificial light will cease to give service, the great event of the firmament will be near.

"The nebula of the Greater Bear will arrive in the vicinity of earth... and will fill the space of five hundred suns at the horizon. It will more and more cover up the light of the sun until the days will be like nights at full moon.

The illumination will not come from the moon, but from Orion, which constellation, by the light of Jupiter, will send forth its rays on the Greater Bear and will dissolve its nebula with the force of light.

"By this time mankind will be stricken with terror. Birds will be like reptiles and will not use their wings. Animals of the ground, in fear and alarm, will raise such a clamor that it will make human hearts tremble. Men will flee their abodes in order not to see the weird occurrence. Finally, complete darkness will set in and last for three days and three nights.

"During this time, men, deprived of the power of light, will fall into a slumber-like sleep from which many will not awaken, especially those who have no spark of spiritual life. When the sun will again rise and emerge, earth will be covered with a blanket of ashes like snow in winter, except that the ashes will have the color of sulfur. Damp fog will ascend from the ground, illuminated by igneous gases.

"Of mankind there will be more dead than there have been casualties in all wars. In the abodes of the children of light, the Book of Revelations will be read, and in the palaces of the Church they will await the arrival of the great comet.

On the seventh day after the return of light, earth will have absorbed the ashes and formed such a fertility as has not been experienced ever before.

The survivors will proclaim his ancient doctrine in peace and will institute the millennium, announced by the Messiah in the light of true brotherly and sisterly love for the glory of the Creator and for the blessedness of all mankind."

Thanks for the Wiki link, because I've been searching for a Nebula in the Big Dipper and couldn't find one to put any credence to the prophecy. Not that it makes the prophecy a true prediction. But the fact that there was someone who predicted a nebula in the constellation in the 1200's is interesting.

Source

I'm going to add something interesting in the next post.

edit on 12-1-2012 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Well, this is very interesting.

I found this in the thread:

Window of Opportunity

To help you understand this Notation:

13=Baktuns, 0=Katuns, the 2nd 0=Tuns, 3rd 0=Uinals, 4th 0=Kin

These are the Mayan words for the periods of time:

Day = Kin (pronounced: keen)
Month of 20 days/Kin = Uinal (wee nal)
Year of 360 days/Kin = Tun (toon)
20 Tuns/years = K'atun (k'ah toon)
20 K'atuns = Baktun (bock toon)
a Baktun is 5,125 years

Every day from that point is reckoned by the number of days passed since the event of this cosmic beginning point. Within the 5,125 year cycle lies 13 smaller cycles, known as the "13 Baktun Count," or the "long count." Each baktun cycle lasts for 394 years, or 144,000 days. Each baktun was its own Historical Age, within the Great Creation Cycle, with a specific destiny for the evolution of those who incarnated in each baktun.

Planet Earth and her inhabitants are currently traveling through the 13th baktun cycle, the final period of 1618-2012 AD. This cycle is known both as "the triumph of materialism", and "the transformation of matter."
On 13.0.0.0.0, the December solstice sun will be found in the band of the Milky Way, directly in the position of the "Dark Rift" in the Galaxy, forming an alignment between the Galactic Plane and the Solstice Meridian. We are about to enter into a literal alignment of the Cosmic, Galactic, Solar, and Lunar Planes. This is an event that has slowly converged, over a period of thousands of years, and is caused by the precession of the equinoxes. Kind of like a "turning" of the Universal Gears. It brings about the Great Harvest, and the return of the Lord of The Harvest.

When that occurs, this will happen:

And the planet will complete it's Ascension to the Fourth Density, the vibrational Density of Love. During this Ascension, there will be a three way split for those Souls inhabiting Earth. Those of the predominantly Negative Polarity, will accompany us as we Graduate through the Negative (or Service to Self) Harvest. We (Lucifer) will Create a new 4th Density Earth, based on the Negative Self Service Polarity. We must 'work off' our own part of the Negative Karmic effect incurred from all the Negativity created on this planet. Once we have done so, we will be released to once again assume our place as Sixth Density Guardians and Teachers of Wisdom throughout the Galaxy.

Those of the predominantly Positive Polarity (Love and Light) will Ascend to a beautiful new 4th Density Earth, where you will begin to work upon your learning and demonstrating of Love and Compassion. It will be a very beautiful and "Golden" Age. The 4th Density begins to open you up to your True Powers as a unique individualized aspect of The One Infinite Creator. You will perform works and wonders of the like that the one you call "Jesus" promised you would do "and even greater things than these". It will be a very magical time for you.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by XTTIOTX
Sorry but nothing is going to happen in December of 2012 that is supernatural in anyway. The only realistic way the entire Earth is going to be destroyed is nuclear warfare or an asteroid. We would already know about an asteroid so the only real way left would be nuclear war. Nothing is going to happen though. There has been doomsayer after doomsayer for years and years and years now. Why is this any different than that? Is it because Hollywood pays attention to it and news outlets make stories out of any crap that floats there way? It makes me sick that the HISTORY channel in the U.S. airs total bull such as "ancient aliens", "the pyramid code", "mayan prophecies", and other totally unscientific, subjective garbage. If the Mayans' or the Aztecs or whoever were so great at predicting the future then where are they now? DEAD. That is the one thing that I will predict for everyone reading this. You will all die some day. It might be in 2012, 2020, 2054, whenever. It could be me, or you, your neighbor, some guy down the street, all of us in a horrific gas tanker explosion (if we happen to live near each other). It doesn't matter. Don't buy into this paranoid garbage. Be more concerned about the actual, realistic problems in your life and world than this prophetic mumbo jumbo garbage. Live everyday to better yourself and don't worry about this junk.

edit on 1/8/2012 by XTTIOTX because: grammar

So you know enough of the mysterious workings of the universe to be absolutely confident that nothing supernatural will happen, gosh i wish i was as sure as you. Also yes, a nucleur war would destroy or render the planet inhabitable for quite some time, but us being told an asteroid was on the way to destroy us, are you absolutely sure we would be told? methinks a coverup would be mostly likely be on the cards.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
Here's a novel idea.

This is GOD we're talking about, yet everyone is all caught up on natural phenomena that might cause three days of darkness. How about a truly supernatural cause; total darkness with no identifiable reason being responsible? Lack of light due solely to the will of God, wouldn't that be a hoot?

Not to mention an awesome way to prove the existence of God.

edit on 1/8/2012 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

That was the first thing that crossed my mind when if first heard of "the three days darkness", why couldnt it actually be a supernatural cause. Nothing is impossile, however unlikely one considers it to be, its a universe full of possiblity. IT could happen, it really could.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Besides debunking most of the posts on here (and I don't mean that rudely), do you have any thoughts that would lean towards the possiblility of 3 days of darkness? Or can I take your word for truth, and it is all just some mumbo jumbo and get on with my life?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I thought gravity was a theory and also had no substantial proof.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

What is 3 days of darkness? Is is actual darkness? Is it symbolic darkness?

There really is no way to block out the Sun.There is no cosmic curtain to slide into place.There is no way to put out the fire.With all of the stars out there and all of the astronomical plates being made over the years if there ever the case of a star there and then not there and then there again?

I am often accused of being close minded. I thought of this right off the bat. Don't think anyone mentioned this.

How about if everyone on Earth goes blind for 3 days? Personally, I think that is idiotic to have billions of cases of blindness followed by billions of cases of sudden remission.

I also looked into this Austrian monk claim. I couldn't find anything online except this recent story circulating the internet. I think the story is likely to be hoax. I think it was made up to suck in the gullible.

Did anyone else wonder if it was true?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Brandon88

Gravity is a theory, a scientific theory. It is based on facts and has been tested for hundreds of years. It is so well established that we can send unmanned probes to the outer planets and expect them to arrive exactly as planned. Look back at YU55. It passed the Earth as predicted years in advance. Gravity was well enough understood and measurements were precise enough to predict Uranus a long time ago.

Theory as used in science is not a wild eyed guess as it is used in common speech.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
here's one for the pros

The sun gives off a spectrum of light. Are there any "anti" light capabilities from some sort of star possible that could darken the light of our sun?

Without our atmosphere, what would our sun look like? What color?

edit on 14-1-2012 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
This topic always makes me remember Hellraiser 2.. The Leviathan in the movie that emits a dark beam of light.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join