It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Days of Darkness in 2012

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

At best the atmosphere attenuates the light. Thus the sun would look brighter without the atmosphere.

There is no effect as you suggest. Take a basic course in optics. Learn how EM works

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

At best the atmosphere attenuates the light. Thus the sun would look brighter without the atmosphere.

There is no effect as you suggest. Take a basic course in optics. Learn how EM works

That's a bit of a reach in wanting to know a simple answer from someone more knowledgable. Taking a course for something I dont have THAT much of an interest in?

That's what's good by having you guys here.

Thanks for answering my question btw.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife

Originally posted by OldCorp
Here's a novel idea.

This is GOD we're talking about, yet everyone is all caught up on natural phenomena that might cause three days of darkness. How about a truly supernatural cause; total darkness with no identifiable reason being responsible? Lack of light due solely to the will of God, wouldn't that be a hoot?

Not to mention an awesome way to prove the existence of God.

edit on 1/8/2012 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

That was the first thing that crossed my mind when if first heard of "the three days darkness", why couldnt it actually be a supernatural cause. Nothing is impossile, however unlikely one considers it to be, its a universe full of possiblity. IT could happen, it really could.

I agree. I've learned never to say "never". The world and universe is full of wonder and hope in spite of all the bad things that happen. I truly believe that it is possible that something amazing will happen. Blessings to all.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Light is composed of waves. If the waves are 180 degrees out of phase then they cancel. Ever driven down a road and seen a dark spot on the road? That is cancellation.

Here are some articles on interference of waves. As you can see it is possible to have areas of darkness, but other areas are not.
en.wikipedia.org...
micro.magnet.fsu.edu...

Each lump of light coming in is energy. You can't get rid of that energy. It can be transformed into other forms, but it can't be made to disappear.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by maybee

Not everything is possible, Let's see:
1. A lump of coal cannot spontaneously turn into a diamond
2. Humans cannot suddenly sprout wings
3. The Sun cannot turn into a chorus line singing Handel's Messiah

Despite not everything being possible many interesting things can happen.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Thanks again! Very interesting reads!

I had never had a thought that much of this was a real thing.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Im looking more into this Interference (wave propagation) and it leaves me with a question or 2.

So in reality, it IS possible for Earth to stumble into this dark rift, should there be an equal amount of light from an altenative source, right? That would mean something of a bianary start system or an intruding star would have to be included.

Either way, it seems that we're always in this "in the wave, out of the wave" scenerio, but I'm not sure if I'm getting this correctly, but either I am not noticing this darkening when we're out of the crest, or this darkening is so small that it would take fine instrements to detect it.

Ok bro, just how far off am I? Waaaaaaaaay out there? lol

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington
Perhaps we go through the dark rift of the milky way and there are space clouds that obscure the sun for 3 days.

I have been thinking this myself; that when we cross the Galactic plane the Earth will go through a dust ring similar to the rings of Saturn that will darken the Sun and will take 3 days to cross.

Seems like a possible explaination to me, anyway.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Teabags

That gives some credence to the fire falling from the sky bit. I sort of related this as well.

But as I step outside tonight, I see the humidity thick in the air, the clouds so low you think you could hit them with a rock. The city lights barely able to keep some light in the clouds to make it look like the sun has just set moments ago, still obscured by clouds.

So... What if a mist as thick as this? No power grid... just this thick as hell, weather.

Cool that I had the chance to at least experiance it while I have been watching this thread. lol

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Three days of darkness will happen in Dec of 2012 as it does every year in certain Northern areas.
It is called the Winter Solstice.
Here is an article that explains why:

www.timeanddate.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn
reply to post by Teabags

That gives some credence to the fire falling from the sky bit.

If our Solarsystem went through a Galactic dust ring that blotted out the Sun there sure would be a ^&*%-storm of "fire from heaven"

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I believe it will happen this year, as will other unprecedented events.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

The typical interference method is to split an incoming source and then introduce it again to achieve the interference.

To make darkness on Earth it would require all incoming light from all sources in all directions to be successfullt interfered. Sound plausible?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Yes very well put.

But, all light sources being, the sun? If earth was in that dark rift, if you will, it would not recieve light from it's main source. The only other sources would be distant planets, far distant stars etc.

I might still be a little confused?

The sun vs another nearby light source being the two involved, I should add.
edit on 15-1-2012 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

The distant stars act as point sources. They would have to be individually dealt with to "darken" them. The Sun and Moon are too close. Every point of their discs would have to be dealt with as separate sources.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TobiusLunar
How did you come across this information about the 3 days?
There is going to be something but I can't say what

Can you tell us when? How do you know?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Ok.. Now I completely understand. Since the sun throws light out in all direction, for this to work, the whole of the sun must have this same influence in every possible direction.

For it to last 3 days, it would have to be in constant effect, which seems unlikely in this manner.

Thanks for the clearification. (takes a few ways asked to get the full of understanding, sometimes)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington
If we were to think of the ways the Earth could be dark for 3 days, my unscientific mind thinks of a couple of different ways.

Perhaps an erupting volcano's ash and clouds obscure the sun for 3 days.

Perhaps an Asteroid hits the earth and creates a dust cloud that obscures the sun for 3 days.

Perhaps we go through the dark rift of the milky way and there are space clouds that obscure the sun for 3 days.

or perhaps it never happens...

OR... perhaps When the moon stop rotating...

Solar Eclipse

... Remembering the Red Moon...

theblackbookwisdom.yolasite.com...

edit on 16-1-2012 by leeangqi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Who would dare assert that we know all there is to be known? - Galileo Galilei, Letter to Father Benedetto Castelli, 21 Dec 1613.

I have nothing to add.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by trouble_every_day
If I recall correctly, the three days of darkness is not "outside" but in fact it is "inside".
Don't quote me but I think the story goes something like this:
Due to issues with the Earth's magnetic field - ie it will disappear for a bit while some things move around - and considering that we are energy and our bodies are heavily tied to electromagnetism, you and I will actually become technically blind until the field reinstates itself.
At which point some believe that we will also "forget" due to the same phenomena.

I'm not sure exactly how this works with regard to people who have been in space? I don't know how far the field stretches but it does sound a little fanciful to me.

I guess if it happens there won't be much to worry about.
Maybe being in contact with your spirit will get people through - I'd imagine most everyone else will be "lost".

Who really knows?
edit on 7-1-2012 by trouble_every_day because: changed stuff

__________________________________________________________________---

Historical image of the "Eye" which is used because like Bucky Fuller said, when using sacred geometric, it lines up like art work, a thing of beauty.
This design is marking a planetary path.
Space is not what you think it is.

a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net...
Hoping these images show up, the links are closing out on me.

This is our path through the Doorways.

2.bp.blogspot.com... 2011.jpg

August 2011

farm3.static.flickr.com...

Now

The Earth Sun and Venus must be aligned.
The Mayan feared Venus because at the last moment she left her orbit.

It is a hard concept for us to get our mind around, but it is like 'NESTING BALLS' one fitting inside the other. The 'gap' is where the doorway lines up. When all the balls line up that is the exit. This is "Kepler's Model" and it represents the the same image but in '3 d' terms.

We are at the center. Now this doesn't mean that mars, moon ..and all dont exist! It is just a representation, that we are in a structured universe that is Round! And that the degree lines are the gateways. I have some other images, that used to be public but are now removed from online searches showing the gates on each degree. It actually used to be posted in pictorial bibles "Exit of Man" and "Entrance of God". The exit was in the west respectively, and the entrance was in the East.

The current crop circle image that was posted of the 'nesting balls' in November has been removed. Or doesn't come up on the site it was on or in searches. But it showed the 3 balls with the outer two aligned to the 'entrance of god' and that the inner ball was still rotated opposite.

We are that inner ball.

More over, when I lined the degree lines up, this is currently the Northern Hemisphere that is hearing that "strange sound". I believe it is the NET that is currently over us, straining to stop the alignment.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join