It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Days of Darkness in 2012

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Here's a novel idea.

This is GOD we're talking about, yet everyone is all caught up on natural phenomena that might cause three days of darkness. How about a truly supernatural cause; total darkness with no identifiable reason being responsible? Lack of light due solely to the will of God, wouldn't that be a hoot?

Not to mention an awesome way to prove the existence of God.

edit on 1/8/2012 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I totally agree with you Oldcorp....the 3 days of darkness willl be act of God...no science about it. It will happen so God can show us that He rules the Earth, not us. It will be so every man and woman will know the power of on High!

Someone needs to post the Coast to Coast of Malachi Martin from the late '90's. He discusses the 3rd secret of Fatima, which he read. He states it is a dire document....and yes it will happen. At that he time he gave a time frame...he said - it's not 200 years away, it's not 50 years away, It's not 20 years away. Pretty frightening!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
When it becomes clear that there is no natural explanation for a prediction then invoke a miracle.

People been doing that to shore up failures such as this prediction for as long as there have been people.

What's it going to be after this prediction fails? Is it going to be a failure or is the old mantra of gold works in mysterious ways going to be tossed out?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
When it becomes clear that there is no natural explanation for a prediction then invoke a miracle.

People been doing that to shore up failures such as this prediction for as long as there have been people.

What's it going to be after this prediction fails? Is it going to be a failure or is the old mantra of gold works in mysterious ways going to be tossed out?

Just out of curiosity my friend, if the entire world were plunged into total darkness - no sun, no Moon, no stars - for three days, and the best scientists in the world had no explanation for it... what would you call it? At the very least, you would have to call it supernatural if not Divine in nature.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

The if won't happen, but suppose that it did well then I certainly would not regress to primitive ways and blame it on the supernatural.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

reply to post by OldCorp

The if won't happen, but suppose that it did well then I certainly would not regress to primitive ways and blame it on the supernatural.

What would you blame it on? "Supernatural" is by its very definition something beyond our understanding.

su·per·nat·u·ral
   [soo-per-nach-er-uhl, -nach-ruhl]
adjective
1. of, pertaining to, or being above or beyond what is natural; unexplainable by natural law or phenomena; abnormal.
2. of, pertaining to, characteristic of, or attributed to God or a deity.
3. of a superlative degree; preternatural: a missile of supernatural speed.
4. of, pertaining to, or attributed to ghosts, goblins, or other unearthly beings; eerie; occult.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

This is GOD we're talking about.....

....which is a myth and a hoax and does not exist anyways, so all of this is moot.

There, wipe your hands, it's done.

/end

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

reply to post by Amaterasu

I saw a show a while back - on History Channel or Discovery or...I can't remember - where a geologist was pointing out how the magnetic poles had shifted because of some magnetically sensitive stuff that on one layer pointed north, and then pointed south in some soil sample.

The same thing is seen on the ocean floor where new ocean bottom produced at the spreading ridges shows the current magnetic orientation and older floor shows older orientations.

This study, which is recent, shows a model predicting that the dynamics of the core can lead to reversals. It also suggests that reversals could be as short as a thousand years.

Notice that many pseudosciences make claims about sudden magnetic reversals as in a year or less or even a few days. This model suggests that reversals are not that fast.

Thanks for posting the links.

Most welcome for the links, and I never suggested that magnetic polar reversals would be over the course of one day... (I suggested that perhaps the magnetic field of the galaxy would affect the orientation of the core. You covered why that might not be the issue I originally suggested.) In fact, We have been seeing for a while now a weakening of the Earth's magnetic field, as is suggested happens when the shift is immanent. It is likely in the process now of shifting.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I remember hearing or reading somewhere that if the properties of light were to suddenly shift, it could be a disaster for all life in our universe. I could imagine such a shift causing light as we know it to no longer be seen. If certain chemical reactions ceased as well, maybe that could result in temporary darkness. As far as explaining what kind of shift in the properties of our universe could occur, my memory is fuzzy. Something basic and elementary that we take for granted could suddenly change. Imagine if photons of light shifted into another reality. We would not perceive any light. If chemical reactions were halted as well there might be trouble starting any fire or new chemical reaction.

I do believe God can work in ways we don't think about but I also believe God leaves a way to scientifically figure it out after the fact so that if someone really did not want to believe, they could reason something strange happened. If they reasoned something strange happened, then everyone would wonder when is it going to happen again and what if the condition becomes permanent? Life could cease to exist in that case.

As far as stories of the 3 days of darkness go, I heard demons would be cleansing the Earth and would be able to mimick The Terminator killer robots in the movies by imitating voices of people you know to get you outside and kill you. Perhaps a logical way to explain that might be life forms exist that we don't typically perceive but with the changes in place temporarily, these creatures will be able to run rampant outside of buildings. Perceiving these creatures by looking out of a window could cause your death. Just speculating.

So to sum up, the atheist if still alive after all this could explain that the properties of the Universe temporarily shifted and creatures not typically perceived were free to run rampant outside of closed structures.

The story I heard was that most men would get killed not being able to resist going outside during those 3 days to check things out or looking out the window or responding to voices of people they know who are outside. Remember the Terminator can sound like people you know? It might not be a pleasant world if we had to resort to stone age type of farming with electricity gone and most people dead but supposedly the creatures would take impurities away from the environment. Makes me wonder if an environmentalist came up with a 3 days of darkness story resulting in most people dead but the environment cleaned up.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
You know what would be cool? If the Sun were to shift into the Infra Red spectrum for 72 hours. Humans apparently can not see IR with the naked eye. Now that would be cool!!!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington
Originally posted by Kalki11

I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red,

Isn't that a quote from Ghostbusters?

Originally posted by OldCorp
Just out of curiosity my friend, if the entire world were plunged into total darkness - no sun, no Moon, no stars - for three days, and the best scientists in the world had no explanation for it... what would you call it? At the very least, you would have to call it supernatural if not Divine in nature.

If something like that happened, it would be amazing, a epic moment in our history... and it would definitely make many of us stop and wonder; reconsider what we think we know ... but it would not be called supernatural or divine ... why? because it happened, it would be real; an actual event ... it simply be another unexplained phenomena for humanity to ... explain ... and you can bet that if our world was plunged into 3 days of darkness, with out any clear cause, then the entire scientific community would unite in solving the puzzle

edit on 9/1/12 by Horza because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

No. Supernatural does not mean we do not understand it. It means it cannot be explained by natural laws. Quite different. There are lots of unknowns today and none of them are supernatural.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Most welcome for the links, and I never suggested that magnetic polar reversals would be over the course of one day... (I suggested that perhaps the magnetic field of the galaxy would affect the orientation of the core. You covered why that might not be the issue I originally suggested.) In fact, We have been seeing for a while now a weakening of the Earth's magnetic field, as is suggested happens when the shift is immanent. It is likely in the process now of shifting.

Right. In fact, the strength of the Earth's magnetic field has been decreasing ever since it was first measured by Gauss. It is likely we are about to see a reversal take place, but as you saw in the write up about the modeling the events leading to a reversal are not well known. Thanks makes it hard to say when a reversal will happen. There are also times when the field is unstable, but does not reverse.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Right. In fact, the strength of the Earth's magnetic field has been decreasing ever since it was first measured by Gauss. It is likely we are about to see a reversal take place, but as you saw in the write up about the modeling the events leading to a reversal are not well known. Thanks makes it hard to say when a reversal will happen. There are also times when the field is unstable, but does not reverse.

I agree that it is not a guarantee that the poles will switch...just that the behavior is such that they might. It is not out of the realm of possibility.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

Stereologist and I already disagree about nuclear vs. electric cosmos....

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by XTTIOTX

The way I see it is that the science establishment is just as corruptible and fallible as any institution. In an effort to ferret out the truth one must weigh all information and the motivation of the source. The establishment always has something to lose by novel, disruptive ideas.

Stereologist and many speak with authority, myself included and we can go back and forth citing studies and links, but in the end my ego is bigger and I am right.

Science has built in fallibility, it's supposed to welcome alternative ideas and is always surprising itself with new info from newer tools, Hubble for example.

It's possible that all these sources have pieces of the puzzle, the validity of these pieces may depend partially on how they interconnect. Maybe Sitchin was wrong about Nibiru in the light of flawed physics, but in a different theory Nibiru is on its way.

I say the cosmos is not governed by gravity alone because gravity is not a force unto itself, its an epiphenomena of branefall, I also accept aether density sans renormalization, the big bang never happened, and that the Chapline dark energy star and Schwarzchild proton model of nuclei supports the holographic (non-local) principles behind the meta/physics of eschatology. In other words there are alternative mechanisms to produce a supernova, that don't depend on antiquated physics. We could dwell on an MHD cosmos but even then there is ASTRO-QUANTUM PHYSICS, a branch that will be invented independently of me soon enough. Classicists hate it when quantum effects impinge on the macroscopic.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
The darkness is the result of God's will, it is a cleansing process to renew the Earth. The physical mechanics of the event do not dis-include the fact it is God's will. In fact God is Consciousness, Consciousness creates Thought, Thought creates Energy, Energy creates Time, Time creates Space; Energy bound in space and time creates matter. Thus all is God's will.

God is omnipresent, omnescent, and omnipotent; God is omnibenevelent, to all those who choose to accept the God does exist as Love and are thankful. However, for free will to exist, God is to those who reject God's grace, omnimalevolent.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Book of Mormon???

Mitt Romney????

3 days?

Trinity?

Pyramid?

I guess they are gonna go with a religious MK Ultra event rather than an ET event. I was really hoping for an ET event...Im a big Stargate SG1 Atlantis fan ya know.

Why are all the secret orders, societies, guilds, priesthoods, sorcerers, druids so mentally ill and unenlightened?
They have been this way for a very long long time.....its getting old and very stale.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Here is another suggested course of action

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The 3 days of darkness are symbolic by Christ's 3 days spent in the belly of earth, before ascending. And Christ's mininistry, as a Higher Up, was to show us, grass roots what it took to progress/ascend, metaphor or real, how to graduate earth school. Service to others. Picture the most ideal parents on earth, not fighting nor one sex dominating the other. But really kind, humor and light filled, good intelligent aware people, and how they would treat their children, forgive and help them, through all their troubles, share and equalize everything. Minister to one another. And its not about "join this Church or that" either.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join