It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians....I'm SICK of them

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

22But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Thumbs up
. That lake of fire and that hell thing. I still haven’t completely wrapped myself around that. I think it’s because I focus more on salvation than condemnation. For I too don't wish for Christ to lose any that were given to him.

I think by belief in every word including a 6000 year old earth and creation makes me more foolish than you. And yes I am bragging.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25
reply to post by Akragon

Thumbs up
. That lake of fire and that hell thing. I still haven’t completely wrapped myself around that. I think it’s because I focus more on salvation than condemnation. For I too don't wish for Christ to lose any that were given to him.

I think by belief in every word including a 6000 year old earth and creation makes me more foolish than you. And yes I am bragging.

When he refered to Gehenna.... he was reiterating one of his lessons....

The first will be last, and the last will be first...

Litteral Hell does not exist...

it was a garbage dump where they tossed dead bodies and garbare outside of Jeresalam...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I have understood that, but the part about the ones outside the gates, and when Jesus says some will come to him telling him what they did in his name and he will say I did not know you. It appears that some will be cut off from living with the father and the son. Maybe I am missing something.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I've expressed opinions like this before, and without going into potentially dangerous specifics, it didn't make me popular.

I understand how you feel, I really do. My own experience along these lines has been 15 years long, gruelling, and psychologically destructive. About the only advice I can really offer you, is to try and find people who are kindred spirits, in terms of their own belief systems. Generally when you have people who think that they are right, and everyone else is wrong, they are extremely difficult to deal with.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25
reply to post by Akragon

I have understood that, but the part about the ones outside the gates, and when Jesus says some will come to him telling him what they did in his name and he will say I did not know you. It appears that some will be cut off from living with the father and the son. Maybe I am missing something.

They cut themselves off...

but they do not go to hell... looook...

33And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand, and the other on the left.

34Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

35And the people stood beholding. And the rulers also with them derided him, saying, He saved others; let him save himself, if he be Christ, the chosen of God.

36And the soldiers also mocked him, coming to him, and offering him vinegar,

37And saying, If thou be the king of the Jews, save thyself.

38And a superscription also was written over him in letters of Greek, and Latin, and Hebrew, THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS.

39And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us

40But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?

41And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.

42And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.

43And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Brings tears to my eyes honestly...

All are forgiven... but there is still judgement... and if there is no hell even for these people that hung with Jesus... then there is only one answer...

IF you don't learn the lessons you're here to learn... you will return to the physical world... in whatever body you deserve.... according to your deeds...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

Hey man, been trying to decide for a few minutes to post or not, since it's a touchy subject, and nobody believes the same thing. Anyways, I'll try to answer your questions the best I can.

1- Probably 2 of every animal in the local region. The "global flood' could refer to the local area since that was the whole world to them at that moment.

2-Jesus didn't reincarnate, He resurrected, and if your grandpa believed, he too, will be resurrected.

3-Kitty going to heaven?...no. In fact, the way I understand the promise, nobody is going to heaven.
The promise is that humanity will live in a new Earth (this one without the bad stuff) with Jesus as king.
Jesus spoke of the "kingdom of heaven" but is not a literal place. So, no heaven, no sitting on a cloud playing a harp with a halo around your head (boooooring)

4- A christian called you a sinner?! LMAO. We are all sinners.

5- I don't pay anybody to do that. Your relationship with God is personal. No church needed.

6-Mmmhh don't pay attention to the "hell this, hell that" type. God is the source of life, if you stay away from Him,
then, no eternal life in the new Earth. That's it. At least that's what I got from the book.

A lot of the things said about christianity are mistakes or misconceptions (like the heaven thing).

U2u me if you have anymore questions, you'll be surprise.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
I've expressed opinions like this before, and without going into potentially dangerous specifics, it didn't make me popular.

I understand how you feel, I really do. My own experience along these lines has been 15 years long, gruelling, and psychologically destructive. About the only advice I can really offer you, is to try and find people who are kindred spirits, in terms of their own belief systems. Generally when you have people who think that they are right, and everyone else is wrong, they are extremely difficult to deal with.

13And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I have had that thought myself. I’m just not ready to fully accept it. If I ever come up with something else I’ll be sure to start a thread on it. But like I said it may never be enough of a concern because I only seek salvation. If you set your sites on anything less than salvation, you have fallen short in your walk with Christ.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I suspect youre a closet Christian...or at most...a believer. Im betting you dont really believe in your own BELIEFS, and have doubts. Thats why youre so adamantly against Christians.Youre just trying to convince yourself that you are not. And its not working

And all of our God...Gods...He/She/IT/They by nature...love you anyway. Bless you...and Oh....Calm down. Its not working...

After all. The little boy in school who pulls the little girls hair in front of him...usually LIKES the girl. Thats why he does it. Welcome. We'll continue praying for you as well!

Peace!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

we forgive you x

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

Hi vogon42

If you are curious about the Christ and His Validity, go to Him directly. Sincere prayer in yearning for Truth is extremely powerful. You are already connected to the Father as His Child and All is heard and Known of your intentions to 'awaken' in Him.

Salvation in the Holy Spirit of the Father was always necessary because we All fall short in this dominion. No Child is immune of the challenges and trials of the flesh.

May His Blessings Shine upon you and fill your spirit.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by petrus4

13And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’"

-- Matthew 7:21-23

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I can't believe your gonna make me bust out with the scripture,but be warned,
Before I came into some wisdom, I used to be smart and I was fairly proficient with the ...."good book".
Early on in the same book you site, it also says...

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

So we all must die "physically as the body will, therefore this must mean your soul.
This is how it reads to me and that's just how the preachers used to explain it.
CONFORM OR DIE ETERNALLY SINNER!!!
Like I said, my dogs worship me and still love me unconditionally.
My dog understands more of love than your god.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by Akragon

I can't believe your gonna make me bust out with the scripture,but be warned,
Before I came into some wisdom, I used to be smart and I was fairly proficient with the ...."good book".
Early on in the same book you site, it also says...

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

So we all must die "physically as the body will, therefore this must mean your soul.
This is how it reads to me and that's just how the preachers used to explain it.
CONFORM OR DIE ETERNALLY SINNER!!!
Like I said, my dogs worship me and still love me unconditionally.
My dog understands more of love than your god.

Being twice-born doesn't necessarily mean having a near-death experience. (Although it certainly CAN)

Usually it primarily means an event which causes the person to become more spiritually receptive than they were in the past. This can be a Kundalini event, but it can be a lot of other things as well. Sometimes the person might just start having visions, for no particular reason that they can tell. Ordinarily, however, a major positive change in the person's attitude will be a big part of it.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

When you can be honest with yourself vogon.. and realize that God sees and knows all.. your motivations.. your weaknesses..maybe you will see things more clearly.

All you have to believe god exists is your faith, blind faith, do you know why they call it 'blind' faith? You've been brainwashed into believing in a mythical figure probably from a young age (the church likes to get em' young...easier to brainwash) or if you started believing when you were older it will have been after a traumatic event and you needed comforting, even if that comfort was artificial.

God ''sees all and knows all' does he? So he sees all the flith and molestation and lets it happen? Is that what you're saying? Absolutely ridiculous.

If god exists then he's not your version of god, not the christian version, I'd find that impossible. Also, these anti-christian threads play into the hands of the kind of christians that this thread is about, they really love to feel persecuted as it gives them a taster of what their jesus went through, thinks it takes them closer to him.

Every person who believes in god does so simply because they have been 'told' by other humans that he exists and if they don't believe they will go to hell, that's not good enough for me.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawkwind.

All you have to believe god exists is your faith, blind faith, do you know why they call it 'blind' faith?

Those that adhere to the Father in His Foundations will have His Spirit Revealed to them via the means of the Holy Spirit. Only then will the Reward for Faith be Truly acknowledged, for without Him we are destitute and lost to the world.

Those who Seek sincerely as Children will come to remember their Origins.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I don't believe in ANY "religion".....I do believe there is a God or "Creator"....an origin for everything. RELIGION was created by MAN. I grew up with a father who was a "born again Christian" who took me to church 3X a week and was one of the heads of the church, who beat me black and blue and abused me in every way possible. A hypocrite who had the admiration of everyone he knew. We went to Jimmy Swaggert's church (if that says anything). So I lost faith as a child. I prayed to God every night to help me, but he never did. I finally ran away and have never seen him since. So, I am pretty jaded about religion. But I also believe everyone has a right to their own beliefs.....so I don't bash anyone and respect that right (the DECENT people I mean) There are hypocrites in all religions....not just Christians.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Hello there. I come in peace.

First and foremost - may I suggest that if you want answers to your questions about GOD, Jesus and Christianity (Christian concepts included), then you read the Christian Bible to find them. Everything that we NEED to know as human beings is found in the Word of GOD (the Christian Bible).

Yes, there are LOTS of questions that we WANT to know the answers too. Those answers are not in the Bible. Ultimately, those answers (and questions) are not fundamental to our relationship with the Creator of the Universe (the GOD of the Christian Bible).

Please understand that the only TRUE WAY to judge Christianity is by JESUS CHRIST alone. He is the only perfect human that has ever, and will ever live. The rest of us raggedy old human beans are seriously broken and corrupted. The world renowned saying of "nobody is perfect" applies to us all - Christians included.

I would be happy to ATTEMPT to answer your questions if you would allow me to. I am a new Christian myself, and I am still learning and experiencing things that are new and foreign. If you would like, we can walk together in our quest for answers and experiences. I would be happy to help wherever I could.

Be blessed friend.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I may not quite understand, are you telling me that if I am a happy and good person, I will be welcome into heaven by the christian standard?
This seems to go against every "holy" book in almost every faith.
The general thought in these books is, "if you're not with us you're against us."
Accept our version or die eternally.
But if I can just be a happy and good person and that will do, why try to convert?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join